PDA

View Full Version : Calling all resident texas Sooner fans.....

The Consumate Showman
6/17/2006, 11:10 PM
especially any of those in Gilmer......OU is about to get into another great recruiting battle for one of Texas's top RB's for the '08 recruitng year, Justin Johnson. I know he's the cousin of current OU WR Manuel Johnson, but is there any chatter down there about him following his cousin to OU? I know there was an article written recently about Johnson and his recruitment by OU and UT and I believe he says that it is about a 50/50 race right now for his services.

The reason I'm concerned is because this kid is bigger than AD and is drawing some pretty close comparisons to him right now...some say he's better than AD???? To me, if OU can win the MNC this year with AD and we beat Texas the next two years, I think he comes to OU, but if not...??

Anyway, Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

GDC
6/18/2006, 09:38 AM
He's an AD fan, so maybe that will help.

mojohornfan
6/18/2006, 10:46 AM
especially any of those in Gilmer......OU is about to get into another great recruiting battle for one of Texas's top RB's for the '08 recruitng year, Justin Johnson. I know he's the cousin of current OU WR Manuel Johnson, but is there any chatter down there about him following his cousin to OU? I know there was an article written recently about Johnson and his recruitment by OU and UT and I believe he says that it is about a 50/50 race right now for his services.

The reason I'm concerned is because this kid is bigger than AD and is drawing some pretty close comparisons to him right now...some say he's better than AD???? To me, if OU can win the MNC this year with AD and we beat Texas the next two years, I think he comes to OU, but if not...??

Anyway, Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

Gawd...thats pitiful!

PlanOUred
6/18/2006, 12:51 PM
You mean it is pitiful that OU will probably get the guy? He might want to play with the tradition that OU has for running backs...three Heisman RB's. Couple more Heisman runner-ups. I think it is great that he looks up to Peterson and OU.....speaks well for OU's chances.

The Consumate Showman
6/18/2006, 02:47 PM
Gawd...thats pitiful!

What's pitiful?

BASSooner
6/18/2006, 02:50 PM
he'll be a sooner. texas recruits about 3 runningbacks per year.

The Consumate Showman
6/18/2006, 09:00 PM
I hope you're right BASS. All I've heard is how good he is and that he might be the next GREAT R-Back out of hell country.....I've seen the photos and reels on him; he has a resemblance about him.....

BASSooner
6/18/2006, 09:16 PM
yeah i wouldnt worry about him. We have an advantage though and think about it. 2 things
-texas is overpopulated with runningbacks thus the rotation would be too much for him

-manuel will talk to him about going here

BoomerJack
6/19/2006, 09:39 AM
I'm living pretty close to Gilmer (in Morris Co. Tx.) and I haven't read much about him in the area fishwrappers. In fact, I've read very little yet about the upcoming HS football season. I do plan to try to go over to Gilmer to watch him play this year.

snp
6/19/2006, 08:50 PM
Gilmer should have a stacked team this year.

BoomerJack
6/20/2006, 09:30 AM
"Gilmer should have a stacked team this year."

I believe they're supposed to be pretty good with some very good players but I don't think they will have bodacious ta-ta's.