PDA

View Full Version : I feel like a new man

Jerk
6/16/2006, 08:58 PM
I cut off the diet soda from 6-7 per day to 1-2 per day and let me tell ya, I fell like I did 3 years ago before I gained about 30 pounds. It's just hard to 'splain to you guys how much better I am and how much more energy I have. Even my back feels better.

Thanks.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:03 PM
6-7 per day?!?!
No wonder you feel better.

I wonder how much better I'd feel if I cut out the 6-7 drinks before noon. ;)

tulsaoilerfan
6/16/2006, 09:06 PM
6-7 per day?!?!
No wonder you feel better.

I wonder how much better I'd feel if I cut out the 6-7 drinks before noon. ;)
Or me and the 6-7 meals. :D

critical_phil
6/16/2006, 09:11 PM
this thread makes me feel better about whacking it 6-7 times/day...

thanks guys.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:14 PM
this thread makes me feel better about whacking it 6-7 times/day...

spek if you can do that many times. :D

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 09:15 PM
that soda stuff is poison....big ups Jerk. when i used to work cooking and catering we'd huff espressos and soda like it was oxygen. legal crank. and once i quit that noise and started having club soda with lime....i had the same experience you are talking about. i'd wake up in the AM and feel pretty damned good.

Jerk
6/16/2006, 09:22 PM
that soda stuff is poison....big ups Jerk. when i used to work cooking and catering we'd huff espressos and soda like it was oxygen. legal crank. and once i quit that noise and started having club soda with lime....i had the same experience you are talking about. i'd wake up in the AM and feel pretty damned good.

Legal crank? heh

I think I really got hooked on soda back in my outlaw trucking days when we did 18 hour runs non-stop, sleep 4 hours, do it again. It was teh suc.k

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 09:23 PM
when I read you felt like a new man

I thought you were breaking up with your boyfriend. :D

soonerscuba
6/16/2006, 09:26 PM
Legal crank? heh

I think I really got hooked on soda back in my outlaw trucking days when we did 18 hour runs non-stop, sleep 4 hours, do it again. It was teh suc.k

Just out of curiosity, and I am most certainly not pointing a finger. But, it seems that illegal uppers for truckers gets alluded to as a problem, is there any truth to this?

Jerk
6/16/2006, 09:35 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I am most certainly not pointing a finger. But, it seems that illegal uppers for truckers gets alluded to as a problem, is there any truth to this?

I never did any narcotics, legal or illegal, besides caffeine and nicotine (neither work well). Not even the crap they sell at truck-stops like 'no-doze'

Only thing that ever worked was to keep the cab as cold as possible (more oxygen) and keep something entertaining on the radio. When driving long durations, turning on the heater can be a death sentence.

Things are different, now. I usually start work at 5 or 6 in the morning and get off around 3 to 5 in the afternoon, home in bed every night and weekends. I don't even have a sleeper.

OUinFLA
6/16/2006, 10:11 PM
you should take your wireless laptop and just post on SO to keep awake.
It works for m

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

tbl
6/16/2006, 10:21 PM
So is it the diet or the caffeine that has affected you? I drink caffeine free diets like they're going out of style, but I wouldn't think that would affect me (other than preserving my bones for future generations to study.

GottaHavePride
6/16/2006, 11:27 PM
I'm not crazy about normal diet colas because I think aspartame has a weird taste. Bu the Coke Zero and Pepsi One stuff made with Splenda? If they'd just do a caffeine-free version I'd be set.

Jerk
6/17/2006, 06:15 AM
So is it the diet or the caffeine that has affected you? I drink caffeine free diets like they're going out of style, but I wouldn't think that would affect me (other than preserving my bones for future generations to study.

I think it's the 'diet' part.

achiro
6/17/2006, 07:22 AM
spek if you can do that many times. :D
Pity speck if you can't:O

yermom
6/17/2006, 07:47 AM
I think it's the 'diet' part.

my mom is diabetic and i grew up drinking diet sodas... when i stopped it seems like i have a lot less headaches and allergies

if you were drinking that stuff instead of water, you were likely dehydrated as well

watching people drink and talk about Diet Coke over the years really reminds me of crack addicts or something :P

oumartin
6/17/2006, 10:37 AM
i drink regular pop all the time.. not much water and i can whack it several times in a short span..
If i quit drinkin' pop and started drinkin' water i'd probably pull the darn thing off.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 10:40 AM
I learned the pop lesson about 20 years ago.

I was getting migranes working in the heat during the summer and went to see the Doctor about it. He asked me how many pops I was drinking from the time I got up until my migrane would hit. I told him I wasn't sure so we decided that I would go to work the next day and just have a normal day except that I would count the number of pops.

I called him back the next day and told him the count was 6.

He asked if it was cans or fountain drinks.

I told him fountain drinks.

"How big?" he asked.

I said "44 ounces".

So I was drinking 200 to 300 ounces of pop a day.

He said I should cut back. :D

I went with zero pops for awhile and then later limited myself to one or none a day.

Flagstaffsooner
6/17/2006, 11:36 AM
I thought this was going to be a thread about dropping a big turd.:O

GDC
6/17/2006, 12:24 PM
I learned the pop lesson about 20 years ago.

I was getting migranes working in the heat during the summer and went to see the Doctor about it. He asked me how many pops I was drinking from the time I got up until my migrane would hit. I told him I wasn't sure so we decided that I would go to work the next day and just have a normal day except that I would count the number of pops.

I called him back the next day and told him the count was 6.

He asked if it was cans or fountain drinks.

I told him fountain drinks.

"How big?" he asked.

I said "44 ounces".

So I was drinking 200 to 300 ounces of pop a day.

He said I should cut back. :D

I went with zero pops for awhile and then later limited myself to one or none a day.

So do you feel better?

Aspartame breaks down into methanol and formaldehyde among other things in the body, so I can't imagine it doing anyone any good.