PDA

View Full Version : Drunkytown - anybody?

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:03 PM
I need some company.

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 08:06 PM
What are you drinking?

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:07 PM
alcoholic beverages.

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 08:09 PM
alcoholic beverages.
Which one?

http://www.planopeterpiperpizza.com/files/9529452.JPG

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:14 PM
Good picture - I'll take one of each from the top row. :D

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:29 PM
I think StoopTroup left....I need more company! :eddie:

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 08:41 PM
i'm back from a pic nic and won't be driving a car anytime too soon....if that makes ya feel any better. wished i woulda made my gal stop off at the local mexican joint for a couple bean and chicharrone burritos and a smothered chicken and rice burrito....but they close in 20 minutes and i'm far too lazy to hoof it that far.

i guess i'll have to finish this 6 pack and maybe make some BLT's with guac here when the motivation hits.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:43 PM
alright KC! - as long as you are here, I'm going to merge two threads.

At this point, who do you like to win the Open?

Blue
6/16/2006, 08:48 PM
I'm comin down with something. Nyquilburg to Buzzville with mabye a turn towards Drunkytown.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:51 PM
That's close enough - join the party! :)

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 08:51 PM
i don't know. i picked Furyk in a different thread and i think he will win another major....and he's a US Open type player. i think that's a good pick. Monty winning would be a hoot....but he's not proven himself to be a "closer" in majors....or on american soil. he was in contention into the back nine at St. Andrews last year....before Tiger went into another gear no one else has.

can't count out Mickelson (who would have the crowd behind him)....and Padraig H would be a nice story and seemed on the point of a major breakthrough a couple years ago....but has kind of been middling since. and Paddy played well today.

say what you want about the USGA (and they probably do go too far to protect par), but the US Open really does what it's supposed to...which is make it tough and create a quality leaderboard.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:58 PM
KC - I love the US Open.

I've been critical of the USGA a few times (Shinecock), but overall - it's a hell of a tournament that tests the entire skill set of the golfer.

I love your pick of Furyk, and that's the guy I'd go with right now. However I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Ogilvy win it.

Personally, I'd like to see Steve Stricker win. This guy was a heck of a player a few years back, buy just fell off the radar screen. Seems like a good guy and I'll be pulling for him.

Oh, and then there's Lefty. Tomorrow will tell the tale for him. I say if he puts himself within two shots of the lead tomorrow, he wins. If not, he shoots himself out of it Sunday.

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 09:06 PM
You are right about Stricker....and he and Monty in the last group tomorrow will be interesting.....but it will be hard for the last two groups not to be looking over their shoulders.......in the 3rd and 4th groups you've got Furyk, Harrington, and Mickelson.

how about David Duval ties for low round of the day with Oberholser at 68.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:11 PM
You are right about Stricker....and he and Monty in the last group tomorrow will be interesting.....but it will be hard for the last two groups not to be looking over their shoulders.......in the 3rd and 4th groups you've got Furyk, Harrington, and Mickelson.

how about David Duval ties for low round of the day with Oberholser at 68.

I have to admit that I was totally wrong about Duval. I though his best golf was way behind him. I saw a story about him and how he had met this gal with kids and that was all he cared about. I got no problem with that, but I thought he had lost his focus on golf. I'd love to see him be a force in golf again.

I can't wait to watch how the whole weekend carries out. As always, I will pull for the U.S. guys first (Stricker, Furyk, Mickelson, Duval etc...) but I just hope it's close on the final holes Sunday.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:28 PM
Other than ST and KC, you people suck at drunkytown. :mad:

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 09:28 PM
having been in Scotland, Monty winning would be pretty cool for the Scots....the whole country would shut down for a few days. He is kind of a pompous ***.....when i was at Pinehurst last year he missed a short birdie putt on 17 and pointed and yelled something at the greenside crowd right where i was sitting....and no one had moved at all. I've been to 5 or 6 majors and the folks in Carolina really know their golf. Monty was full of it. I'm not a fan of the "raucous New York" golf crowds....and they'll ride Monty like a rented mule. kind of goes both ways, i guess.

i'm not real nationalistic when it comes to golf....unless it's the Ryder Cup, President's Cup or Walker Cup.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty big on pulling for the Americans. That being said, I wouldn't mind Monty winning. He's paid his dues, and is certainly a US Open type guy. I thought he'd have won one by now.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 09:35 PM
FYI - Non golf drinking talk is allowed in this thread. :D

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 09:47 PM
Other than ST and KC, you people suck at drunkytown. :mad:
HEH.

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 09:48 PM
Colon is ghey.

NTTATWWT

VeeJay
6/16/2006, 09:48 PM
Back to the picture. Would anyone sip a White Zinfandel in a drunkytown thread??

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 10:10 PM
Back to the picture. Would anyone sip a White Zinfandel in a drunkytown thread??

as long as it leads to drunkytown, yes.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the support.

Mrs. Turk and I will get drunk together.

GottaHavePride
6/16/2006, 11:29 PM

No, but that's just because I think White Zinfandel sucks at being wine. now, a pinot grigio or a cabernet sauvignon would be totally killer.

Or I could have a margarita. Heck, or some scotch.

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 11:41 PM
white zin is not a real wine.

it's crap.

VeeJay
6/17/2006, 12:05 AM
as long as it leads to drunkytown, yes.

The last time I travelled to drunkytown by way of white wine, it was via a porcelain bus. This was a long, ,long time ago. I'm thinking Reagan's first term and "Family Ties" on Thursday night. I passed out before "Hill Street Blues" came on.

A good Pouilly Fusse, however, probably because of its cost, will give one untold benefits, to include matters of the third date, which do not include mere drunkenness.

That having been said, I shall return to my regularly scheduled drinking which consists of well...a 12 pack of Icehouse on sale this week at Publix.

olevetonahill
6/17/2006, 12:47 AM
Any Real drunkytown citizens still here ?

GottaHavePride
6/17/2006, 12:52 AM
Nah, I'm saving my visit for about 2 pm tomorrow. I'll be drinking tequila in an attempt to counteract those farging Italian iceholes.

Mongo
6/17/2006, 12:58 AM
I'm on the outskirts of drunkytown. I'm thinkin of buying property in the city limits.

olevetonahill
6/17/2006, 12:59 AM
Hell I was drinking beer and building a cover for my back deck till about an hr ago . Oh well ;)

olevetonahill
6/17/2006, 01:00 AM
I'm on the outskirts of drunkytown. I'm thinkin of buying property in the city limits.
Ill give ya a Natty lite , to seal the deal :)

Mongo
6/17/2006, 01:05 AM
Ill give ya a Natty lite , to seal the deal :)

MMMMMM natty light:) The beer of aristocrats. If I owned stock of natty in college, I would surpass Bill Gates.

olevetonahill
6/17/2006, 01:08 AM
MMMMMM natty light:) The beer of aristocrats. If I owned stock of natty in college, I would surpass Bill Gates.
Im being wise . Im investing in a BIG azz Pile of cans ;)

Flagstaffsooner
6/17/2006, 02:57 AM
I'm just having my first brew of the night. I have been working on electrical all evening so have not partaken until now.

olevetonahill
6/17/2006, 03:42 AM
I'm just having my first brew of the night. I have been working on electrical all evening so have not partaken until now.
Wise man

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 10:51 PM
bump

Dio
6/17/2006, 10:56 PM
in