PDA

View Full Version : Ten Draughts to Ponder

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 04:04 PM
Which one would you rather have drawn for you?

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 04:05 PM
Coors Light.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 04:12 PM
Bud Light.....because that's the least cool, cliquish beer on the list.

colleyvillesooner
6/16/2006, 04:14 PM
heh

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 04:15 PM
No way. Coors Light is pee water. Only girls drink it.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 04:15 PM
Mine was a toss up between Miller Lite and Shiner but Shiner got the slight edge.

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 04:16 PM

How could Guinness possibly be cool or cliquish? Irishmen have been getting wasted on it and getting in fights since 1749.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 04:16 PM
The fact that this poll doesn't have Newcastle on it makes it completely invalid...and defniitely overloaded on ****water.

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2006, 04:19 PM
Boulevard's Bully Porter.

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2006, 04:19 PM
In fact, I think I might have some of that tonight.

BeetDigger
6/16/2006, 04:21 PM

That's a good reason to avoid taste and drink some crappy tasting beer.

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 04:22 PM
I could only post 10 so if you want a poll of a different ten...

Post it. :D

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 04:25 PM
How could Guinness possibly be cool or cliquish? Irishmen have been getting wasted on it and getting in fights since 1749.
You're talking about Irishmen, not twenty-something poseurs wincing with every sip.

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 04:29 PM
You're talking about Irishmen, not twenty-something poseurs wincing with every sip.

I've got Sooner t-shirts older than 20-something...and I don't wince

'cept when Mrs Homey hits me with an icey stare.

GDC
6/16/2006, 04:36 PM
Noche Buena Dupont Saison hefeweissen

Viking Kitten
6/16/2006, 04:37 PM
I've got Sooner t-shirts older than 20-something...and I don't wince

'cept when Mrs Homey hits me with an icey stare.

Word.

'Cept I've never met Mrs. Homey.

IB4OU2
6/16/2006, 04:44 PM
PT how can you stand Coors Light? That stuffs nasty.......

btw, there sure are alot of lightweights on this board. :D

phead903
6/16/2006, 04:45 PM
Boddington's Pub Ale - "The Cream of Manchester"

BeetDigger
6/16/2006, 04:51 PM
Boddington's Pub Ale - "The Cream of Manchester"

Sounds like the title of some English Pron movie.

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 04:57 PM
Please note, I wasn't accusing anyone who voted for Guinness of being a wincing, posing twenty-something. I'm just saying, it happens, particularly in the trendier public drinking venues.

Personally, I like Guinness. But I'm not usually willing to pay the premium price, and am not ashamed to be spotted drinking a non-Bud domestic out of the can.

GottaHavePride
6/16/2006, 05:09 PM
I like Guinness, I just don't want it every day. Plus it's just a bit heavy fo the summer to me. That's why I'd go with Bass, given the choices. although I notice a sad lack of hefeweizen in the poll options...

slickdawg
6/16/2006, 05:21 PM
Coca-La-Cola

Viking Kitten
6/16/2006, 05:22 PM
Please note, I wasn't accusing anyone who voted for Guinness of being a wincing, posing twenty-something. I'm just saying, it happens, particularly in the trendier public drinking venues.

Personally, I like Guinness. But I'm not usually willing to pay the premium price, and am not ashamed to be spotted drinking a non-Bud domestic out of the can.

Believe me, I am a cheap beyonce when it comes to drinking in bars. If it's $1.50 for a domestic and $4 for a Guinness, I'm taking the domestic. I'm not a snob. But if the domestic costs almost as much as the Guinness, I'll pony up for the delicious darkness.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 05:59 PM

I just chose Guinness beacuse it was the only thing outside of a couple of German beers that wasn't US born yak urine.

I've heard that Newcastle on tap in England is a nectar of the Gods.

Harry Beanbag
6/16/2006, 06:23 PM
Guinness is an excellent summer beer. And at only 125 calories per 12 ounces, it's good for you too! So anybody drinking Miller Lite or Mich Ultra or any of that other nasty *** swill for "diet" reasons can go ahead and stop right now, grab a Guinness, and become one with God.

scaldeddawg
6/16/2006, 06:34 PM
Got to go with my neighbor, looter guy.

Heinekin is da ****. Even draught.

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/4261/looterad7le.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 07:08 PM
Guinness is an excellent summer beer. And at only 125 calories per 12 ounces, it's good for you too! So anybody drinking Miller Lite or Mich Ultra or any of that other nasty *** swill for "diet" reasons can go ahead and stop right now, grab a Guinness, and become one with God.

That's what kills me. People think Guinness is "heavy!" Carp, it has fewer calories per ounce than Natty Lite.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 07:13 PM
That's what kills me. People think Guinness is "heavy!" Carp, it has fewer calories per ounce than Natty Lite.

well you know..that whole being condititioned to believe the closer Beer looks like water, the 'lighter' it has to be..when the truth is, the 'lighter' the beer looks, the more like moose urine it will be. :D

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 08:14 PM
Guiness is the clear winner here...

I do prefer a Hieneken or a really cold Fosters on the tap from time to time.

Cam
6/16/2006, 08:42 PM
Which one would you rather have drawn for you?
In what country is this draught being poured? If we're in the UK, it's Guinness, no questions asked. Here in the states, it's watered down, so it'd be Shiner.

Cam
6/16/2006, 08:46 PM
I just chose Guinness beacuse it was the only thing outside of a couple of German beers that wasn't US born yak urine.

I've heard that Newcastle on tap in England is a nectar of the Gods.
Newcastle on tap in england is very good. I'll still take the Guinness over there though.

Boddington's is awesome. I've never seen another ale that cascades like that.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 08:49 PM
Good old straight Bud.

Nothing wrong with that.

Big Red Ron
6/16/2006, 09:39 PM
Fat Tire

GottaHavePride
6/16/2006, 11:23 PM
When I called iGuinness heavy I was referring to its taste. In summer I like something a bit less aggressive, like the aforementioned hefeweizens, despite the high caloric content of hefeweizens.

Edit: Yes, iGuinness, you can carry it in your iPod.

TUSooner
6/16/2006, 11:23 PM
heh.

I just felt like a Sam Adams, since I haven't had one is awhile.... So WHERE IS IT ? :mad:

TUSooner
6/16/2006, 11:28 PM
Once you get older and realize that your are, infact, tragically unhip and that you never could, and never needed to, impress anybody with what you drink, you enjoy everything more.

I read that in a book, do you think I'm cool now? :O

:twinkies:

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 10:21 AM
I read that in a book, do you think I'm cool now? :O

:twinkies:

http://www.tekkom.net/gallery/albums/refined/000010_G.gif

MamaMia
6/17/2006, 01:04 PM
Which one has the milder flavor?

King Crimson
6/17/2006, 01:41 PM
Scotland's Belhaven's Best....YWIA. Boddington's is good draught.

with Guinness' popularity, femme looking new bottles, and advertising budget i'm surprised how underwhelming it is bottled.

Fuller's ESB bottled rocks Guinness.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 01:51 PM
Murphy's Stout in the can is pretty darn good for a can of Stout btw...

King Crimson
6/17/2006, 02:10 PM
Murphy's Stout in the can is pretty darn good for a can of Stout btw...

totally. I like Murphy's alot.

tbl
6/17/2006, 03:30 PM
Landslide victory for the greatness of Guinness.

BeetDigger
6/17/2006, 10:33 PM
Guiness is so tempremental. It is great when they clean the lines like they should. But when they don't, it gets messed up in a hurry. No brew works if they don't maintain the tap, but Guiness is more sensitive than other brews.

JohnnyMack
6/17/2006, 10:35 PM
I picked Guiness as it was the best of the choices made available.

If I had my choice, it'd be Fuller's London Porter.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 10:43 PM
I had a Harp at Kilkenney's this afternoon...

It was most excellent with the pub burger and chips.

IB4OU2
6/18/2006, 08:25 AM
Fat Tire

Good stuff.....bottled in Fort Collins I believe and originated from Belgium.

It's not available in Oklahoma yet.

King Crimson
6/18/2006, 08:43 AM
Good stuff.....bottled in Fort Collins I believe and originated from Belgium.

It's not available in Oklahoma yet.

New Belgium Brewery in Ft. Collins indeed. they make a black ale that's fantastic. 1554 Black Ale.

GDC
6/18/2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/8440.jpg

Had some of this in Durango this summer, it was pretty good.

JohnnyMack
6/18/2006, 10:49 AM
they make a black ale that's fantastic. 1554 Black Ale.

Good stuff indeed.

Big Red Ron
6/18/2006, 11:35 AM
It's not available in Oklahoma yet.Only because of our stupid law that any beer above 3.2 must be purchased at a liquor store which are not allowed refrigerators.

Fat Tire is brewed cold, stored and shipped cold. It will take a legislative action to get it.

Trippell by New Belgium is awsome! It is 7.8% and it doesn't even tast it.

GottaHavePride
6/18/2006, 01:41 PM
Only because of our stupid law that any beer above 3.2 must be purchased at a liquor store which are not allowed refrigerators.

Fat Tire is brewed cold, stored and shipped cold. It will take a legislative action to get it.

Plus, I saw on New Belgium's website (last time I looked) that they're not looking to expand their shipping area because they're running at capacity right now and don't want to sacrifice quality to increase production. So a multitude of ways The Man is keeping us from getting Fat Tire, or Sunshine Wheat, or 1554. Down with whitey!

King Crimson
6/18/2006, 01:54 PM
see now, i live in Colorado....and with some front money and you guys hiring Jerry Reed and a black Trans Am and a refrigerated 18 wheeler (Jerk?)......we might have something cooking....

:D

lefty
6/18/2006, 04:25 PM
Only because of our stupid law that any beer above 3.2 must be purchased at a liquor store which are not allowed refrigerators.

At least your stupid law allows you to purchase package beer on Sunday. Can't do it here no matter the alcohol content. You have to try to estimate how much you will drink Saturday night and Sunday, or just buy all you can on Saturday.