PDA

View Full Version : Headin' back to Seattle for a few

SeattleOUstudent
6/16/2006, 02:15 PM
Ill raise a glass of Red Hook for ya!

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 02:17 PM
I love Seattle, this time of year.

Mrs. Turk is from there and we used to visit quite a bit.

Have fun.

BeetDigger
6/16/2006, 02:23 PM
The wife is leaving for there tomorrow, taking the kids. Going to Wenatchee for three weeks. Lived north of Bremerton for eight years. I miss the place, in the summer time that is. I miss Red Hook on tap too. And Thomas Kemper. I'd say that I miss ferry rides but I am sure that most folks on the board would take that the wrong way. :D

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 02:32 PM
I'd say that I miss ferry rides but I am sure that most folks on the board would take that the wrong way. :D

last time we were there we took a ferry to Friday Harbor. Had a blast up there. I have no idea how we got from point A to point B, but we ended up on Whidbey Island, where the Mrs. Turk's aunt lives - nice place right on the beach.

SeattleOUstudent
6/16/2006, 02:51 PM
last time we were there we took a ferry to Friday Harbor. Had a blast up there. I have no idea how we got from point A to point B, but we ended up on Whidbey Island, where the Mrs. Turk's aunt lives - nice place right on the beach.

I took that exact trip. Friday Harbor is pretty awesome. Bummin' around on the ferries all day is fun as well. I love that part of the country. Nothing like Seattle on a clear day....folks dont realize how often that does happen. In fact, the more people think its all rainy and dank, the better = less tourists = less traffic. :eddie:

PDXsooner
6/16/2006, 03:54 PM
just hit safeco field last week -- not the same crowds as they had a few years ago...

SoonerWood
6/16/2006, 04:55 PM
Would you mind running up to Bellingham and grabbing me a rancho burrito from Casa Que Pasa? TIA

BeetDigger
6/16/2006, 04:56 PM
I wish Filson had an outlet store.