PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle accidents.....

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 08:52 AM
Found this link. Some pretty disturbing images and videos of crashes and stuff. Lots of pics, so if you have a slow connection, this link is not for you.

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 08:57 AM
Nice fencepost in the pooper pic.

:eek:

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 09:00 AM
I was looking for some stuff on Big Ben yesterday and ran across that....yer damn right its disturbing.

But so is the image of Mark Mangino in a speedo.....heh.

There is another site that has some images, i'll try and find the addy...if anyone wants it.
One thing if for sure if you want to scare the boy out of a cycle, we have ya covered.

Howzit
6/16/2006, 09:06 AM
When I was in the Army in El Paso, I owned a little Honda (360?) to commute from my apartment to base. One day some a-hole pulled out in front of me whil I was driving home.

I was on a desert highway where Trans Mountain road intersects it. I had flashing yellow lights, a-hole had flashing red. As I got closer to the intersection I could tell he was trying to decide whether he could beat me. Sure enough, he decides to try it and pulls out into the intersection. I was somewhat prepared and started to swerve to the rear of the car to go behind him. And I would have made it if the a-hole ould have kept going. But no. A-hole panics and slams his breaks. And Howzit slams his car. I figure the impact was somewhere between 50 and 60, and luckily the bike hit the rear quarter panel and knocked the car out of the way.

I went airborn, and it was one of those slo-mo deals that I can still remember. I don't know how many feet I actually flew, but it was a long way. I had a helmet on, but I remember coming down toward the pavement and thinking, "If I hit my head I'll break my neck." Somehow I managed to tuck a shoulder before impact, and rolled/flipped like a rag doll when I landed.

I came out of it with no skin on half my back, various road rashes on arms/les/feet (I was wearing flip flops :rolleyes:) and a broken foot. I still consider myself very very lucky.

stonecoldsoonerfan
6/16/2006, 09:18 AM
so you sued him, won alot of $$$$ and you're retired now? ;)

seriously, glad you made it out ok.

oumartin
6/16/2006, 09:19 AM
holy crap those are some sick images..
I put a motorcycle under a car one time and luckily was able to walk away with only a hairline fracture in my left foot from it. I still have the desire to own one but also the brains not to own one.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:24 AM
I put a motorcycle under a care one time

I bet it still appreciates the attention to this day.

oumartin
6/16/2006, 09:27 AM
shut up! :D

Osce0la
6/16/2006, 09:28 AM
OMG, that one pic looks like something outta Saving Private Ryan. The wreck tore his body in half.

Howzit
6/16/2006, 09:35 AM
so you sued him, won alot of $$$$ and you're retired now? ;)

seriously, glad you made it out ok.

Heh, no this was 1979. The guy didn't have a pot to **** in, no insurance, and lived in NM, which did not even have garnishment of wages at the time. I didn't even get a new bike out of the deal. Since I was in the service, at least my medical was covered.

The JAG I talked to told me to be grateful I was alive and move on.

6/16/2006, 09:41 AM
Nice fencepost in the pooper pic.

:eek:

Some of the excuses these guys come up with... sheez.:rolleyes:

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:47 AM
The JAGoff I talked to told me to be grateful I was alive and move on.

Word....he could've been a lot more caring.

walkoffsooner
6/17/2006, 08:32 PM
I looked at it at work then rode home at about 25 mph.It will take me 3 days to get to Sturgis in August.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 08:46 PM
Found this link. Some pretty disturbing images and videos of crashes and stuff. Lots of pics, so if you have a slow connection, this link is not for you.

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm
Sites like that continue to remind me of why I no longer own a bike.

walkoffsooner
6/17/2006, 08:52 PM
Sites like that continue to remind me of why I no longer own a bike.
Yea but you can do it with anything. Cars, airplanes,housefires,guns.I get a kick out of people that say your crazy riding that. While they smoke a cig.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 08:54 PM
Pic of my last bike...

http://www.rovab.nl/tjonlineimages/bikes/bikes_list_twan/bikes_twan_011_fj600.jpg

walkoffsooner
6/17/2006, 08:56 PM
Thats nice.

StoopTroup
6/17/2006, 09:07 PM
Good Times.

OUHOMER
6/18/2006, 09:10 AM
http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/5053/img04174dh8io.jpgMy current bike. That is my son and NO i will not let him ride it on the street and i will NOT help him buy any kind of motorcycle