PDA

View Full Version : Is Tulsa really better than OKC??

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 08:12 AM
on this day in 1982
'.38 Special' member Donny Van Zant is arrested on stage in Tulsa, Oklahoma for public drinking. Tulsa was a dry town.

good jorb Tulsa.

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:20 AM
There were alot of dry towns in Oklahoma even back in 1982.
Hows the annual mega horse show this year? Ooops, I forgot....Tulsa has it now. Sure helps our economy....thanks for not upgrading the STATE fair grounds, we can sure use the cashflow that it brings in.

http://www.exposquare.com/renovations.htm
Jeeeeeez, that sounds soooo aggy.....I'm really in need of sleep.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 08:22 AM
OKC is just trying to help ya'll out because all of the big companies that were in Tulsa are either bankrupt or in Houston.
;)

Hatfield
6/16/2006, 08:22 AM
for some; not for others

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 08:24 AM
OKC is just trying to help ya'll out because all of the big companies that were in Tulsa are either bankrupt or in Houston.
;)

At least Tulsa used to have some big companies. Hell, the Big 4 accounting firms don't even have offices in OKC.

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:26 AM
At least Tulsa used to have some big companies. Hell, the Big 4 accounting firms don't even have offices in OKC.

BAM!:D

Oh, you do have Traber....I forgot.:rolleyes:

King Crimson
6/16/2006, 08:26 AM
Tulsa Shmulsa...might as well be in Kansas. ;)

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 08:27 AM
who cares about accountants?

heehee :D

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:28 AM

Willie Nelson????:texan:

Hamhock
6/16/2006, 08:29 AM

You wouldn't get paid....nevermind. :eddie:

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 08:30 AM
You wouldn't get paid....nevermind. :eddie:

let's not start that because everyone knows that that claim simply isn't true.

OUDoc
6/16/2006, 08:30 AM
At least Tulsa used to have some big companies.
:confused: And I used to be skinny.

Hamhock
6/16/2006, 08:32 AM
let's not start that because everyone knows that that claim simply isn't true.

Without accountants, there would be no football.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 08:34 AM
Without accountants, there would be no football.

I'll agree with that statement.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 08:36 AM
My non-biased take...(I have never lived in either city)

OKC = progressive and up and coming with lots of Southside thrown in and conservative...

Tulsa = stuck in a time warp in the early sixties, insular and very conservative

Both places have good and bad, Tulsa seems to have more press, but OKC IMO, has a better image.

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:37 AM
See? Y'all just had to run Stanley off.......heh. :D
Picking on accountants, like that's never been done before.

Hamhock
6/16/2006, 08:38 AM
I've lived in the Tulsa area for about 10 years. My perception is that, OKC has kicked our butt for about the last 8. It's a shame too, because Tulsa has a much more attractive landscape and less wind.

Hamhock
6/16/2006, 08:39 AM
I've lived in the Tulsa area for about 10 years. My perception is that, OKC has kicked our butt for about the last 8. It's a shame too, because Tulsa has a much more attractive landscape and less wind.

But, without accountants, there would be no OKC. :texan:

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:39 AM

OKC = progressive and up and coming with lots of Southside thrown in and conservative...

Tulsa = stuck in a time warp in the early sixties, insular and very conservative

Both places have good and bad, Tulsa seems to have more press, but OKC IMO, has a ****ty newspaper.
Fixed it for ya.:eddie:

Don't forget, OKC also has Jenny the sports goon,the GAYlords. :eek:

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 08:42 AM
Tulsa has Philbrook and Gilgrease. ;)

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 08:47 AM
People really argue about this? I always thought we were kidding.

I don't go to OKC much so I can't say much about it other than I really liked the OKC Bombing Memorial. My impression, like someone mentioned above, is that OKC has been kicking Tulsa's *** for the last few years or so. For the most part, Tulsa hasn't really had a lot of "good news" events for a while. Hopefully that will change soon though.

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 08:49 AM
If Tulsa could trade Pat for Chick, Tulsa would be so far ahead of OKC it wouldn't be funny. :D

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 08:52 AM
Pfffft.....OKC would have to throw in a factory or something to sweeten the deal.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 08:53 AM
Also, Tulsa has Tent City........at least for a little while longer.

:D

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 08:55 AM
Oh, thanks Pat...there is one thing that Neither Tulsa has or OKC has NOW-

*Channeling DX*
"I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA......GM!"

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:00 AM
I just like it when the Tulsans and Okie City folks argue when everyone knows that Chickasha is the best town in the Union.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 09:01 AM
Also, Tulsa has Tent City........at least for a little while longer.

What's this?

Is Tulsa trying to the Southwest's San Francisco?

They already have the liberal machine that votes multiple times...;)

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 09:02 AM
**** Chickasha.....we have Collinsville, BEYONCES!! :D

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:06 AM
I just like it when the Tulsans and Okie City folks argue when everyone knows that Chickasha is the best town in the Union.

When we were there a couple weeks ago, we passed our exit for the hotel and took the Hwy 9 west exit to turn around. Apparently, that's how you get to Chickasha. When I saw the sign, I thought of you warmly.

That is all.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 09:07 AM
OKC 15 years ago was behind Tulsa. OKC's leadership (Norick et al) that pushed the MAPS project through allowed OKC to become a more up and coming, more progressive city. While I still think Tulsa has more charm than OKC, Tulsa's inept leadership has allowed OKC to surpass it in many ways.

Tulsa will always have a history and an intimacy that most towns around here just don't have. OKC was a railroad hub and a stockyard town, while Tulsa grew with oil. While their was oil in OKC, the boom was certainly not to the scale one saw in Tulsa. It allowed Tulsa to create some of the most beautiful homes and neighborhoods in the nation. I've always called Tulsa a 500,000 person bedroom community.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:08 AM
When we were there a couple weeks ago, we passed our exit for the hotel and took the Hwy 9 west exit to turn around. Apparently, that's how you get to Chickasha. When I saw the sign, I thought of you warmly.

That is all.

Where's "there"?

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:09 AM
What's this?

It's a bum city down in an area down on the river. They're evicting them in October or so. :D

Tent City (http://urbantulsa.com/article.asp?id=3392)

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:09 AM
I've always called Tulsa a 500,000 person bedroom community.

You've always been a dumas?

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 09:10 AM
You've always been a dumas?

Didn't you get the notice?

You've been suspended.

Get out.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:11 AM
Where's "there"?

Norman/OKC........home of the black panthers.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:12 AM
Didn't you get the notice?

You've been suspended.

Get out.
Well, I was in the bathroom for a while after I got the notice.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:14 AM
Norman/OKC........home of the black panthers.

Yeah you take Hwy 9 from Norman but from Tulsey you just stay on 44 until you see the thriving metropolis that is Chickasha.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 09:14 AM
Peem!

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah you take Hwy 9 from Norman but from Tulsey you just stay on 44 until you see the thriving metropolis that is Chickasha.

I didn't say I was ever going there, I just said I saw the sign and thought of you warmly.

Can't it just be about that with you?

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:18 AM
I guess so. like they say, if you love something set it free...

BudSooner
6/16/2006, 09:35 AM
I guess so. like they say, if love something set it free...back to her husband

Damn skippy.;)

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/16/2006, 09:38 AM

Chickasha. Suburb to Agwam. The best town in central Grady County, and something you scrape off the bottom of your boot.... :)

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 09:40 AM
what.
evar.
;)

picasso
6/16/2006, 09:43 AM

Both places have good and bad, Tulsa seems to have more press, but OKC IMO, has a better image.
Tulsa is very conservative? you didn't get out much.

downtown OKC kicks Tulsa in the junk.
I think golf is a wash.
women? Tulsa wins big there.
Gilcrease and Philbrook > Western Heritage Museum and Omniplex.

soonerjoker
6/16/2006, 09:43 AM
i like tulsa best.

OUDoc
6/16/2006, 09:44 AM

What if we don't like big women?

frankensooner
6/16/2006, 09:45 AM
Why do people in Alex call it Ellick?

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 09:45 AM

big women > hairy women

picasso
6/16/2006, 09:46 AM
you're not going to the right places Doc.

OUDoc
6/16/2006, 09:47 AM
you're not going to the right places Doc.
My wife says that all the time. Except she doesn't call me "doc".

picasso
6/16/2006, 09:48 AM
My wife says that all the time. Except she doesn't call me "doc".
shabang!

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 09:58 AM
Currently, the Drillers are atop the Texas League South and their magic number is 1.
QED. Tulsa>OKC.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 10:00 AM
Currently, the Drillers are atop the Texas League South and their magic number is 1.
QED. Tulsa>OKC.

Homey, you guys okay down there?

Coyote Terror! (http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0606/336209.html)

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2006, 10:02 AM
QED. Tulsa>OKC.

Redhawks are AAA; Drillers AA.
QED. OKC>Tulsa.
:P

toast
6/16/2006, 10:04 AM
Tulsa has Glenpool as a suburb, beat that OKC!

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 10:07 AM
Homey, you guys okay down there?

Coyote Terror! (http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0606/336209.html)

I'll bait it with a watermelon. I've heard tell a coyote will eat watermelon 'til he assplodes.

Okla-homey
6/16/2006, 10:08 AM
Redhawks are AAA; Drillers AA.
QED. OKC>Tulsa.
:P

But where are the Rednecks in the league standings hmmmm?

OUDoc
6/16/2006, 10:08 AM
OKC: People, our search is over! On this site we shall build a new
town where we can worship freely, govern justly, and grow vast
fields of hemp for making rope and blankets.
Tulsa: Yes, _and_ marry our cousins.
OKC: I was -- what are you talking about, Tulsa? Why would
we want to marry our cousins?
Tulsa: Because they're so attractive. I, I thought that was the
whole point of this journey.
OKC: Absolutely not!
Tulsa: I tell you, I won't live in a town that robs men of the right
to marry their cousins.
OKC: Well, then, we'll form our own town. Who will come and live a
life devoted to chastity, abstinence, and a flavorless mush I
call rootmarm?
[the people divide between OKC and Tulsa]
Abe: The town of Oklahoma City was born on that day, and to mark that sweet moment, our people planted this lemon tree (lemons being the sweetest fruit available at the time).

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2006, 10:09 AM
Heck if I know. I'm too busy watching the Royals set new records for baseball futility. ;)

frankensooner
6/16/2006, 10:31 AM
The further west you go, the nicer the folks get. I have lived all over this great state and I find this generally to be so. In Eastern Oklahoma folks find their own business and tend to be more clique-ish, Western Oklahoma, folks will stop you on the street and talk your leg off, that is why I like it right here in the middle of the State, folks are friendly, but not too much so, and they tend not to be snooty and standoffish. (plus we are much closer to Norman)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 10:34 AM
Tulsa is very conservative? you didn't get out much.

downtown OKC kicks Tulsa in the junk.
I think golf is a wash.
Gilcrease and Philbrook > Western Heritage Museum and Omniplex.

What's funny, for some reason the local politics is very liberal. But all my friends and people I know from Tulsa are very conservative. Perhaps they were the "oil trash" conservatives tolerated by the masses of liberalism...

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 11:08 AM
Dennis Miller "The only more backwards town in America I can think of is Tulsa, OK....with their neuvo oil money, you'll see 450 SL's with Six Flags Over Texas bumper stickers <laughter> <more laughter> <pause> It's so f*ckin' sad."

Growing up in Edmond, the main difference between OKC and Tulsa was
918ers always had an opinion on how Tulsa was more progressive or this/that over OKC.......and 405ers weren't quite sure if Tulsa was north or south of Bartlesville, nor did we care. It was similar to the big brother complex OSU has with OU, except Tulsa wasn't near as pathetic

bri
6/16/2006, 11:11 AM
Trying to decide if Tulsa or OKC is better is like trying to decide which nut you want to get kicked in...it's gonna suck no matter which one you choose. :D

frankensooner
6/16/2006, 11:12 AM
And don't forget OKC had Count Gregor and Hoho the clown, whilst Tulsa had Uncle Zeb, Don Woods, the Dude with Lion puppet, Gailard Sartain and Gary Busey. I am not helping my OKC case am I?

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 11:26 AM
Growing up in Edmond, the main difference between OKC and Tulsa was 918ers always had an opinion on how Tulsa was more progressive or this/that over OKC.......and 405ers weren't quite sure if Tulsa was north or south of Bartlesville, nor did we care. It was similar to the big brother complex OSU has with OU, except Tulsa wasn't near as pathetic

Finally, we have the "not worthy of my valued attention" argument.

:rolleyes:

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 11:30 AM
heh, Edmond.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 11:31 AM
I couldn't believe it when people from Tulsa told me how the roads where even worse there than around here. I could see how they could be equally ****ty, but worse? I couldn't believe it. And then I actually drove through Tulsa. :eek:

OUDoc
6/16/2006, 11:32 AM

That's what we've been telling you for years. :D
Now, go away or we shall taunt you a second time.

GDC
6/16/2006, 11:33 AM
Tulsa doesn't have faggot-*** faggot newspapers like the Gayly Oklahoman.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 11:34 AM
Dennis Miller "The only more backwards town in America I can think of is Tulsa, OK....with their neuvo oil money, you'll see 450 SL's with Six Flags Over Texas bumper stickers <laughter> <more laughter> <pause> It's so f*ckin' sad."

Growing up in Edmond, the main difference between OKC and Tulsa was
918ers always had an opinion on how Tulsa was more progressive or this/that over OKC.......and 405ers weren't quite sure if Tulsa was north or south of Bartlesville, nor did we care. It was similar to the big brother complex OSU has with OU, except Tulsa wasn't near as pathetic

Yeah, we spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about what the cowtown thinks of us.

picasso
6/16/2006, 11:42 AM
I couldn't believe it when people from Tulsa told me how the roads where even worse there than around here. I could see how they could be equally ****ty, but worse? I couldn't believe it. And then I actually drove through Tulsa. :eek:
duh, isn't the state capitol in the OKC?

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 11:48 AM
duh, isn't the state capitol in the OKC?

I guess all that oil money isn't doing you that much good after all, then.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 11:49 AM
We spent that decades ago.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 11:49 AM
It all moved to Houston.
;)

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 11:54 AM

In the last 20 years, I can't remember when an OKC native has uttered the phrase...."Hey, you know OKC is better'n Tulsa!" Honestly.

Keep in mind, I'm always right....and to confirm that, use the search feature on this board. How many times can you find from out of the blue, Tulsa>OKC? Now search the opposite. Enjoy.

and please, for heaven's sake do not misconstrue this... I adore Tulsa. There's nothing like getting all nestled in a fine Tulsa hotel bed and watching the local sports lead of with hot action from Driller Park

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 11:55 AM

Yeah, we spend an inordinate amount of time worrying about what the cowtown thinks of us.

The fact that you said cowtown proves my point, little brother.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 11:58 AM
The fact that you said cowtown proves my point, little brother.

Did you read my first post in this thread toolbox?

I give OKC all kinds of props for what it has accomplished over the last 15 years. But trying to argue that it's head and shoulders above Tulsa is just silly. Take you new and out of the box MAPS goodies and enjoy them, you'll never have the charm that Tulsa has.

Which is better? Guess that depends on what you like.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 11:59 AM
In the last 20 years, I can't remember when an OKC native has uttered the phrase...."Hey, you know OKC is better'n Tulsa!" Honestly.

Keep in mind, I'm always right....and to confirm that, use the search feature on this board. How many times can you find from out of the blue, Tulsa>OKC? Now search the opposite. Enjoy.

And I know of no Tulsa peson who has asked me that either.....it's message board fodder. I have never had this discussion anywhere else and here, I always figured it was good natured ribbing.

1TC started this particular thread and he's from the OKC neck of the woods so I fail to see your point if you had one.

bri
6/16/2006, 12:05 PM
This thread was much better when me and Jed first started it...FIVE YEARS AGO.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:05 PM
This thread was much better when me and Jed first started it...FIVE YEARS AGO.

BigRedJedfromTulsa?

IB4OU2
6/16/2006, 12:06 PM
Chickasha. Suburb to Agwam. The best town in central Grady County, and something you scrape off the bottom of your boot.... :)

and home of Jakes BBQ? right?

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 12:06 PM
I'm from Chickasha, dadnabbit!!! :D

I thought it was weird that a guy got arrested on stage during a concert. Just so happened it was in Tulsa. I know some of you joke around about 'Tulsa has hills' and whatnot so I thought I'd throw that in there. If I lived in OK I'd either live in Norman or Tulsa. my $.02.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 12:07 PM
and home of Jakes BBQ? right?

Yes sir. It's a decent place but Roy's BBQ is where it's at. J&W Grill or Paw Paw's for burgers.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 12:09 PM
Trying to decide if Tulsa or OKC is better is like trying to decide which nut you want to get kicked in...it's gonna suck no matter which one you choose. :D

This does pretty much sum up the argument though.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 12:16 PM
Did you read my first post in this thread toolbox?

I give OKC all kinds of props for what it has accomplished over the last 15 years. But trying to argue that it's head and shoulders above Tulsa is just silly. Take you new and out of the box MAPS goodies and enjoy them, you'll never have the charm that Tulsa has.

Which is better? Guess that depends on what you like.

Sorry, I'm still scrolling for where I typed "head and shoulders."

The only point I was making was the attitude of most of OKC metro IMO, was that Tulsa was pretty cool and hardly ever negative. I also noticed on several occasions, some sort of resentment toward OKC by meth , I mean green county folk.

Even in the Tulsa World. I've read that paper about 8 times and one of them mentioned a quote similar to "that would ruffle some feathers in OKC if they could read it." I thought that was odd from a non high school paper.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 12:21 PM
Sorry, I'm still scrolling for where I typed "head and shoulders."

The only point I was making was the attitude of most of OKC metro IMO, was that Tulsa was pretty cool and hardly ever negative. I also noticed on several occasions, some sort of resentment toward OKC by meth , I mean green county folk.

Even in the Tulsa World. I've read that paper about 8 times and one of them mentioned a quote similar to "that would ruffle some feathers in OKC if they could read it." I thought that was odd from a non high school paper.

1. The Tulsa World is a joke.

2. I've lived in Tulsa all my life (except when I lived in Norman) and can't say that I sense any feeling of "resentment" towards OKC. Tulsans generally have had the attitude that OKC was an industrial, working class town that had little redeeming qualities about it until one day everyone in Tulsa looked up and said, "holy sh*t look at OKC, they have cool new stuff (MAPS) and we don't. That stuff is cool. Damn it Tulsa leadership, why do you suck?"

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:22 PM
Are you really still laughing at Thunder's blurb?

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 12:24 PM
Are you really still laughing at Thunder's blurb?

I wasn't but now I am.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:24 PM
I thought that would've been a long time to laugh.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 12:27 PM
It comes and goes.....like Tulsa's jobs

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 12:28 PM
Damn it, I didn't mean that

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:28 PM
It comes and goes.....like Tulsa's jobs
Your sig line has an error in it.

Arthur, a real women could stop you from drinking...

It'd have to be a real big women.

I'll have another drink, d'you want another fish?

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:29 PM
Actually it has two errors, or the same error twice, however you want to look at it.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 12:30 PM
Thanks, magic kingdom.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 12:32 PM
You haven't fixed it yet, GM.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/16/2006, 01:17 PM
I can't believe this fight's still going.

This thread needs a turdectomy.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 01:41 PM
I can't believe this fight's still going.

This thread needs a turdectomy.

Did you see the part where I won?

Stanley1
6/16/2006, 01:53 PM

So.....living in Prior is like taking one up the ***? ;)

bri
6/16/2006, 02:00 PM
So.....living in Prior is like taking one up the ***? ;)

Nah, it's not NEARLY that enjoyable.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:02 PM
Did you see the part where I helplessly changed the subject?

blurb

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 03:05 PM
turd

Well, I think we can both agree on that.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I think we can both agree on that.

Wait, which one of us is the turd...

This is important.

Blurb.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 03:11 PM
Wait, which one of us is the turd...

This is important.

Blurb.

Make a pole and find out.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:13 PM
Well, one of you two has an over-inflated ego and the wit of a 6 year old and the other one is funny.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 03:16 PM
Well, one of you two has an over-inflated ego and the wit of a 6 year old and the other one is funny.

Awww sweetie, that sounds just like us.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:18 PM
You mean have the recipients and friends of the recipients of the blurb vote on who's the turd? No thanks, pikepasspat, no thanks.

I'm goin' home, sorry if I offended anyone as it was the opposite of my intentions. Just havin' some fun.

God Bless.

Drillers.

Blurb.

/

Mjcpr
K, see ya.

1stTimeCaller
It was like painting a portrait of us with my keyboard.

You wanna nother peem?

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 03:19 PM
It was like painting a portrait of us with my keyboard.

You wanna nother peem?

I'm gonna go give myself a hot carl instead. Should be more fun.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/16/2006, 03:19 PM
'PikepassPat'.

Heheheheee...

Now stop fighting, turds!

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:20 PM

This may be true.

Tap the brakes on the 6 year old remarks. You wear tye dye shirts and live in Ft. Worth and have horrible landscaping skills.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:20 PM
that guy's witty I tell ya. wit E.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:21 PM
This may be true.

Tap the brakes on the 6 year old remarks. You wear tye dye shirts and live in Ft. Worth and have horrible landscaping skills.

BURN!!!!!!!!

Octavian
6/16/2006, 03:27 PM
OKC is a big truck stop.

Tulsa has ORU.

I'll take Norman.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:30 PM
OKC is a big truck stop.

Tulsa has ORU.

I'll take Norman.

OKC metro=Norman

FYI

BLURB

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:31 PM
sorry

blurb

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:44 PM
yes, let's throw the word 'metro' in there because your argument sucks. Par for the course.

StoopTroup
6/16/2006, 03:48 PM
Yes.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:50 PM
yes, let's throw the word 'metro' in there because Chickasha sucks and I have no business arguing either way. Par for the course.

blurbed

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:51 PM
WIT-E. That guy must have a pointy head because he sure is sharp.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:52 PM
WIT-E. That guy must have a pointy head because he sure is sharp.

I often wonder if you're comfortable with the fact that "WIT-E" is not witty.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:54 PM
You finally caught on. kudos to you sir.

You are the only person arguing anything about either city. You get extra points for being extra sharp.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:55 PM
Now if you said "I thought you were <where Nixon went to college>, then you could be witty too......and educated.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 03:55 PM
I'm pretty sure this is one of the lamer tulsa v. okc threads evar.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:57 PM
XTR, really, your smack is the funniest I have ever seen because it is so asinine. Keep up the good work.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:57 PM
You finally caught on. kudos to you sir.

You are the only person arguing anything about either city. You get extra points for being extra sharp.

Except for about two dozen other posts, you are exactly right. Spot on.

Pretty keen observation.

Are you ever right?

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 03:59 PM
You win. You are the innerweb debate champion. Get a sense of humor and please quit fagging up threads where the normal folks joke around in. I'm bored with you and will quit slapping your candy *** around.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 03:59 PM
XTR, really, your smack is the funniest I have ever seen because it is so asinine. Keep up the good work.

I try to keep it level-headed and high brow, like yours, but I just keep falling short.

Mjcpr
6/16/2006, 04:00 PM
You win. You are the innerweb debate champion. Get a sense of humor and please quit fagging up threads where the normal folks joke around in. I'm bored with you and will quit slapping your candy *** around.

Thanks for joining me over here at the conclusion.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 04:01 PM

Translation: I can't keep up and/or I'm still looking up the Nixon joke

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 04:03 PM
Remove user from ignore listXingTheRubicon
This message is hidden because XingTheRubicon is on your ignore list.

I'm sure it was thought provoking at worst and hilarious at best.

SoonerInKCMO
6/16/2006, 04:03 PM
I saw many more OSU stickers on cars in Tulsa than I did in OKC.

Therefore, OKC>>>>>>>>Tulsa.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 04:07 PM
Let's see here......Nixon+college+president+went to+longtimeago+nobody taughtmethatinthesticks..........ENTER

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 04:09 PM
I'm sure it was thought provoking at worst and hilarious at best.

OK, I'm sorry, come back. I won't hurt your feelings anymore, I promise.

XingTheRubicon
6/16/2006, 04:16 PM
<blasting "We are the champions" while unfolding a map from Oklahoma City.>

GDC
6/16/2006, 04:34 PM
The 45th Infantry Division Museum is pretty interesting.

picasso
6/16/2006, 04:51 PM
OKC is a big truck stop.

Tulsa has ORU.

I'll take Norman.
yes, my girlfriend and brother both have degrees from ORU. what's your point? the whole place isn't full of kool-aid drinkers. and, you actually have to be half way intelligent to enroll there.

bri
6/17/2006, 02:13 PM
I p*ssed in the Canal last night.

F*ck you, OKC.

Flagstaffsooner
6/17/2006, 02:19 PM
Tulsa kinda smells like Houston.

Octavian
6/17/2006, 03:07 PM
yes, my girlfriend and brother both have degrees from ORU. what's your point? the whole place isn't full of kool-aid drinkers. and, you actually have to be half way intelligent to enroll there.

I dont have a huge problem w/ the Oral Bobs-types. Its the giant hands statue that freaks me out ;)

Newbomb Turk
6/17/2006, 04:41 PM
this thread is stupid.

I live in OKC and like it here. If you live in Tulsa and like it there, good for you.