PDA

View Full Version : HP Is Teh Succ

Oldnslo
6/15/2006, 09:26 PM
Okay. Before I go all PC Load Letter on this POS, somebody tell me if there's a way to fix this thing.

I bought the Wife Unit an HP 3210 All-in-one. And all-in-one apparently means that it won't draw paper up to print on it unless you manually shove it into the 1/2 inch slot up to about your wrist. And then, if there's more than one sheet, it'll suck up all of them, printing your info on the second third of the first sheet, the tip of several middle sheets, and then the top third of the last sheet.

It's ever so much fun! And it only takes a couple of layers of skin off my fingers when I'm jamming paper in the goddamn ****ing slot! All so it can **** up another 26 sheets of paper! aaaaaAAAAAAARRRRGH!

C&CDean
6/15/2006, 09:30 PM
Don't be so damn cheap. Go buy her a real printer.

Oldnslo
6/15/2006, 09:32 PM
Thank you. That was helpful. No. Really, Dean. It was.

****ing goddamn HP piece of ****ing ****.

Something that can print pictures and text? That isn't made by ****ing HP?

GottaHavePride
6/15/2006, 09:40 PM
The mistake was buying an all-in-one. all-in-ones are never good at anything. My dad has an HP laser, PG has an HP inkjet and neither of those has ever had a problem - probably because they're not too busy pretending to be fax/copy machines to actually print. ;)

C&CDean
6/15/2006, 09:44 PM

Calm down counselor. Now listen. When you buy the Easy-Bake Oven of printers, how can you expect to bake anything except those nasty Easy-Bake Oven cakes? Go buy a big-girl printer for her. She's old enough.

Oldnslo
6/15/2006, 09:47 PM
Good. Yes. More advice. Thank you. That's oh-so-close to giving me the actual information I was seeking!

****ing piece of all-in-one ****. Listen, I KNEW it was going to **** up when I bought it. Like a copier for the home is a good idea. Like I needed that. Sure. Yes. But the wife unit wanted something to print out the 196,000 pictures she takes every day in the same chasis that would also print everything else we needed.

Should've looked for something with smoother edges. ****ing HP.

C&CDean
6/15/2006, 09:51 PM
OK. It's time. Get out the biggest ****ing hammer you own. Give that printer a beatdown of biblical proportions. Smite it with thine hammah. You'll feel better, and very much justified in going and BUYING A REAL GALDAMNED PRINTER!!!!

OUinFLA
6/15/2006, 09:53 PM
hmm, I have several HP printers and have been satisfied with them.
But, I just bought an all in one for my wife and due to the small space she had to put it in, I opted for a Brother model 4** something. Heck the dang thing was on sale at Staples for $70.
It seems to be working just fine.

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 10:01 PM
It's possible that a serious reply is out of place in this thread, but HP printers (even the all-in-ones) have a fairly good reputation for reliability and value. They wouldn't own such a huge share of the PC printer market if they didn't. Every run from any manufacturer has a lemon or two in it -- have you considered taking it back to have it repaired or replaced?

BajaOklahoma
6/15/2006, 10:03 PM
HP makes awesome printers.
No one makes awesome all in ones.

It's actually cheaper to get the photos printed by a discount store or online photo company than it is to pay for the paper and ink to do it at home.

slickdawg
6/15/2006, 10:04 PM

I won't buy another mother ****ing HP printer. I've got a 30 pound anchor
all in one that is totally ****ed and I'm not putting another dollar in it.

I saw a nice Canon (MP320?) at Sam's last week, I may go get one of those.

slickdawg
6/15/2006, 10:05 PM
It's possible that a serious reply is out of place in this thread, but HP printers (even the all-in-ones) have a fairly good reputation for reliability and value. They wouldn't own such a huge share of the PC printer market if they didn't. Every run from any manufacturer has a lemon or two in it -- have you considered taking it back to have it repaired or replaced?

Officejet 7110, all in one, low mileage, POS, LEMON, The post-mortem
reviews are all the same, it flat out sucks.

BajaOklahoma
6/15/2006, 10:10 PM
OnS, try giving the printer a rest for a bit. HP usually uses a set of brushes to pull the paper in on its home printers. If they get too hot, they bend more than intended and don't pull the paper in. Once they cool down, they should work again.

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 10:11 PM
A little research uncovered the following excerpt from a review of the HP3210 (apparently the paper feed problems are also associated with software glitches that give a spurious "out of paper" message):

...I contacted HP tech support regarding the "Out of Paper" problem. I was expecting this to be a nightmare but I was actually quite impressed with the hold time (less than 2 minutes) and customer service. Anyway, after describing the problem the HP rep acknowledged that this has been a documented issue with this model. Of course he put a postive spin on it and said "since this is a new printer and the technology is very precise, etc.). Bottom-line: By default the printer is set to "Automatic" paper size and "Automatic" paper type. The HP rep instructed me to change these settings to "Letter" and "Premium Inkjet Paper" respectively. Doing this did in fact seem to solve the problem. So in essence, the "Automatic" settings do not work on this printer (as obviously they should). However this "workaround" is acceptable. *If you do try this be sure to save the settings as turning off the printer will reset the defaults back to "Automatic" unless you have taken the extra step to save settings.

Can't hurt to try it...

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:20 PM
I need a printer that won't run out of ink/toner.

OUinFLA
6/15/2006, 10:23 PM
I need a printer that won't run out of ink/toner.

how about paper?

psst. those that dont work so well (see above complaint) fulfill your desires.

yermom
6/15/2006, 11:36 PM
aren't you a lawyer that drives a Bimmer?

buy a color laser :P

i have heard tons of complaints on the HP All-In-Ones, basically any upright HP seems to succ though

the flat Laserjets seem to be pretty good

i hate messing with ink cartridges, so i just completely avoid Inkjets... i don't print that much though

olevetonahill
6/15/2006, 11:55 PM
Some times you just have to be smarter than the Machine ;)

skycat
6/16/2006, 12:02 AM
i have heard tons of complaints on the HP All-In-Ones, basically any upright HP seems to succ though

the flat Laserjets seem to be pretty good

QFT

I've got an upright LaserJet that was kick *** when I bought it. The thing still prints great, but tries to grab half the flippin' stack of paper and jam it into the path every time I go to print now. There are kits to fix it, but I haven't messed with it. I just use the printer my wife's company bought her.

And just to make sure that the point has been driven home: All in one printers stink.

soonerboomer93
6/16/2006, 12:11 AM
there should be a pickup wheel for the paper, sometimes you just have to clean them off gently with rubbing alcohol and they work again.

yermom
6/16/2006, 12:12 AM
QFT

I've got an upright LaserJet that was kick *** when I bought it. The thing still prints great, but tries to grab half the flippin' stack of paper and jam it into the path every time I go to print now. There are kits to fix it, but I haven't messed with it. I just use the printer my wife's company bought her.

And just to make sure that the point has been driven home: All in one printers stink.

just long enough so that you don't send it back :P

that is basically seems like how i always hear it