PDA

View Full Version : NOLA: Back to normal

slickdawg
6/15/2006, 07:56 PM
The NBC affiliate broke in on a show to announce that two sheriff's deputies
were shot in Metairie - one in the arm, the other in the bullet proof vest, that
fortunately worked.

That's the NOLA I remember pre-Katrina.

:texan:

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 07:57 PM
Glad things are getting back to normal?

slickdawg
6/15/2006, 07:58 PM
I'm surprised it's taken this long. The thugs were only chased out
by the military, are are taking their turf back over, sadly enough.

TUSooner
6/15/2006, 08:08 PM
There seems to be a new kind of crime wave as well. People are getting building materials and shiny new appliances delivered to their rebuilt or being-rebuilt & still unoccupied homes, and thieves are stealing them overnight. Bring back the Guard or be ready for some vigilante justice.

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 08:09 PM
From what I've heard about pre-Katrina NOLA, if we hear the cops were actually participating in a drug deal gone bad, then we will know they're REALLY back to normal. Hey slickdawg, do you think the city will be ready if threatened again this summer? How do you think the people will react?

GottaHavePride
6/15/2006, 08:14 PM
Hey slickdawg, do you think the city will be ready if threatened again this summer? How do you think the people will react?

They'll loot it again, and then try to burn it down. Then they'll realize it's tough to light a city on fire when it's soggy wet.

TUSooner
6/15/2006, 09:00 PM
On a brighter note, Reggie Bush just shelled out a gob of money to rebuild City Park's Tad Gormley Stadium, the major HS football stadium in the city.

groovy

slickdawg
6/16/2006, 12:11 PM
From what I've heard about pre-Katrina NOLA, if we hear the cops were actually participating in a drug deal gone bad, then we will know they're REALLY back to normal. Hey slickdawg, do you think the city will be ready if threatened again this summer? How do you think the people will react?

The people will get the hell out for a threat, no doubt.

The levee system is repaired to is "pre katrina" status, but I believe that
the entire system suffered significant structural degredation during the
event, and as a whole, will not hold for a category 2 now.

OUinFLA
6/16/2006, 12:13 PM
On a brighter note, Reggie Bush just shelled out a gob of money to rebuild City Park's Tad Gormley Stadium, the major HS football stadium in the city.

groovy

At least one Bush will be well thought of.

slickdawg
6/16/2006, 12:14 PM
Reggie is the "other" Bush that GHWB doesn't like talking about.

soonerhubs
6/16/2006, 12:55 PM
Reggie is the "other" Bush that GHWB doesn't like talking about.
"Not gonna do it, Not gonna do it... Wouldn't be prudent for this juncture."

:eek:

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 12:56 PM
I'm surprised it's taken this long. The thugs were only chased out
by the military, are are taking their turf back over, sadly enough.

The hard cores messed up and are in Texas jails now...We're waiting on Blanco to ask for them back...

slickdawg
6/16/2006, 12:58 PM
Blanco is dumb enough to do that.