PDA

View Full Version : I just busted a coworker

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 03:35 PM
I walked into his office to grab something and he had his resume out and was updating it. He's a little worried and embarrassed right now.

I told him not to worry that I wouldn't say anything. I do hope he finds another job because he stresses me out.

Penguin
6/15/2006, 03:39 PM
I walked into his office to grab something and he had his **** out

Dude. Whatever you do at work is your own business.

MamaMia
6/15/2006, 03:46 PM
My insurance clerk hit me up for a $5000.00 a year raise after only working for me for two months. She used the "I got a better offer" scam. I wrote a letter to her, which I put it in her pay check envelope. I told her that I was happy for her and wouldn't want to hold her back. I offered her 2 weeks on my payroll if she needed a transition period. Now she wants me to keep her, explaining that she wasn't saying that she was going to quit if I didn't give her the raise; just that she was offered more money to work for another person. :rolleyes:

achiro
6/15/2006, 03:48 PM
Dude. Whatever you do at work is your own business.
heh, beat me to it!

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 03:50 PM
My insurance clerk hit me up for a $5000.00 a year raise after only working for me for two months. She used the "I got a better offer" scam. I wrote a letter to her, which I put it in her pay check envelope. I told her that I was happy for her and wouldn't want to hold her back. I offered her 2 weeks on my payroll if she needed a transition period. Now she wants me to keep her, explaining that she wasn't saying that she was going to quit if I didn't give her the raise; just that she was offered more money to work for another person. :rolleyes:
The old..."Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!" response...lol.

Penguin
6/15/2006, 03:57 PM

I'm glad you're not my boss. I got a 20% raise with that "scam." :D

MamaMia
6/15/2006, 04:16 PM
The old..."Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out!" response...lol.
I told her she was welcomed to stay but I knocked her down to part time, from 40 hours a week to 28 hours a week. I gave the extra hours to the part time girl who has been there a bit longer and asked to be changed to full time awhile back. She needs the extra money. :D

Osce0la
6/15/2006, 04:16 PM
I update my resume at work...In fact, my resume is saved on my work computer. Doesn't mean I'm going anywhere, just like to have it updated.

soonerboomer93
6/15/2006, 04:22 PM
When people come up to me about other jobs, I politely ask them when there new job starts, the I fill out their resignation paperwork and walk them to the door. This is mainly because they have customer interaction and it's always better to walk them right away, incase they try something stupid.

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 04:26 PM

We had another engineer that just did that. He's been at the main office for a while because every PM sends him back. He had seen a couple of guys put in their notices and they either got raises or were offered raises. He put in his notice and they wished him luck. He then tried the same thing your employee did and started backpeddeling. His last day is sometime next week.

walkoffsooner
6/15/2006, 08:37 PM
We had another engineer that just did that. He's been at the main office for a while because every PM sends him back. He had seen a couple of guys put in their notices and they either got raises or were offered raises. He put in his notice and they wished him luck. He then tried the same thing your employee did and started backpeddeling. His last day is sometime next week.
That happend at work he sued for unemploynent benefits and won.