PDA

View Full Version : Ann Coulter GAINS NEW FANS on Leno

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/15/2006, 03:34 PM
Ann Coulter Wows Leno Audience

Liberals may hate Ann Coulter, but the folks in the audience of Jay Leno’s "Tonight Show” roared their approval of the controversial author when she was introduced on Wednesday night.

Asked by Leno to explain all the controversy surrounding her No. 1 bestselling book "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," Coulter said: "Well, I wrote a book and liberals were hysterical. Every time I write a book liberals are hysterical. It happens all the time.”

Noting that Leno had joked about her the night before, saying that like the Wicked Witch in "The Wizard of Oz” she had a house fall on her as a result of her book, Ann countered: "I just dropped my house on the mainstream media.” The audience cheered.

Ann explained that before the book came out she gave it to her friends, including liberals, and not one of them complained about her remarks about the so-called Jersey Girls.

"Not my friends, not my editors, not the lawyers and not the liberals, pulled out the chapter on the Jersey Girls,” she said. Coulter has drawn fire from some – including Hillary Clinton – for attacking the four New Jersey widows who pushed for an independent commission to investigate the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks that killed their husbands. Coulter accused the women of "reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis.”

Commenting on Leno’s complaint that political discourse nowadays is so nasty, Coulter said: "We hear this all the time, about how civil things were back when there were only three TV stations” and nobody could talk back to the liberals.

Now, she said, there has suddenly been an alleged "disruption of civility” only because conservatives can talk back thanks to talk radio, the Internet and Fox News.

Asked if she is hurt by liberal attacks on her, Coulter said she wears them "as a badge of honor.” She added that she was surprised that liberals have failed to object to being called "Godless,” and have concentrated their fire on one small part of one chapter, when she criticized the Jersey Girls.

The much anticipated fireworks between Coulter and acid-tongued comedian George Carlin never came off, with Carlin sitting beside Ann smiling and saying nothing throughout her conversation with Leno except to note that he had to "move to the right” to allow Ann to sit beside her host.

During her 8 1/2 minutes on stage, Ann was interrupted by vigorous applause time and again.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 03:43 PM
Ann Coulter is a very intelligent woman. She bobbed and weaved and did everything she could to avoid Leno's attempts at getting her to answer the question of why it was she opted to call out the women from New Jersey.

The woman is simply a conservative mouthpiece. She did nothing special last night in her interview. While I'm sure she's a decent public speaker while giving a prepared speech, I often wonder how she'd do in a live debate. No time to prep. I think it's all a carefully prepared ruse.

6/15/2006, 03:48 PM
She's pitted all the time against libs discussing a myriad of topics on Hannity and Colmes.

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 03:48 PM
Pickler wowed the audience too.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 03:49 PM
If you watched her on Leno last night and think she wowed the audience, you're easily entertained.

frankensooner
6/15/2006, 03:49 PM
You have to take in account the IQ of the studio audience, after all they were there to see Leno and dancing itos.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 03:52 PM
You have to take in account the IQ of the studio audience, after all they were there to see Leno and dancing itos.

A bunch of red-staters on vacation in Cal-ee-for-nye-a.

KaiserSooner
6/15/2006, 04:02 PM
I often wonder how she'd do in a live debate.

I remember seeing her on Bill Maher's show (when he used to be on network late night tv), and it didn't take much effort on Maher's part to expose her for what she is: big mouth, lots of demagoguery and vituperation, and no substance.

Taxman71
6/15/2006, 04:05 PM
Carlin just proved that all liberals are really loud-talking sissies.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 04:09 PM
I remember seeing her on Bill Maher's show (when he used to be on network late night tv), and it didn't take much effort on Maher's part to expose her for what she is: big mouth, lots of demagoguery and vituperation, and no substance.

so your saying that Bill Maher exposed her as a liberal.

n8v_ndn
6/15/2006, 04:10 PM
Carlin just proved that all liberals are really loud-talking sissies.

So he proved he was loud-talking...by not talking? :confused:

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 04:13 PM
it's pretty sad how so many of you love the "scapegoat" mentality.

Vaevictis
6/15/2006, 04:16 PM
so your saying that Bill Maher exposed her as a politician.

fixed.

mdklatt
6/15/2006, 04:26 PM
It's truly disturibing that there are Americans who don't realize that 99.97% of people tied up in party politics are completely worthless lying sacks of FPOMF.

6/15/2006, 04:28 PM
Where's that Gandalf?

BeetDigger
6/15/2006, 04:41 PM

I think pretty much the same thing every time I happen to see Bill Maher.

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 04:42 PM
did you masturbate when you watched her on the Leno show, William?

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 04:44 PM
Discuss: If you liked Ann Coulter before her Leno appearance, you like her just as much or more afterward. If you disliked Ann Coulter before her Leno appearance, you dislike her just as much or more afterward.

Did she change any minds?

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 04:45 PM
william says so, IN BIG ASSED LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

6/15/2006, 04:46 PM
did you masturbate when you watched her on the Leno show, William?Can we have an administrator look into the above comment?

Octavian
6/15/2006, 04:46 PM
one of these days, billyfavor's gonna start a thread w/ no caps in the title...

you'll see, it'll be awwmazin'...he may even GAIN NEW FANS

Octavian
6/15/2006, 04:48 PM
william says so, IN BIG ASSED LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

heh.

beat me to it.

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 04:49 PM
william says so, IN BIG ASSED LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1Well, yeah, but I was kinda looking for a real answer. :D

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 04:49 PM
?

royalfan5
6/15/2006, 04:51 PM
And this thread has already topped my Francis Fukuyama thread. That is what's wrong with America. Fukuyama>Coulter and it ain't even close. Also D'Souza>Coulter.

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 04:55 PM
And this thread has already topped my Francis Fukuyama thread.Which you predicted. You used the word "highbrow" in the Fukuyama thread.:D

6/15/2006, 04:56 PM
I was surprised the audience didn't try to shout her down. Most Leno audiences tend to be of a blue persuasion.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 05:04 PM
Can we have an administrator look into the above comment?

Sir I have suspended him indefinitely for his rude behavior. I'm sorry you had to be party to such an inappropriate comment.

6/15/2006, 05:04 PM
one of these days, billyfavor's gonna start a thread w/ no caps in the title...

you'll see, it'll be awwmazin'...he may even GAIN NEW FANSI mostly want new fans who LIKE CAPS!

6/15/2006, 05:08 PM
Sir I have suspended him indefinitely for his rude behavior. I'm sorry you had to be party to such an inappropriate comment.SAY IT AIN'T SO! Surely, you're not one of those admin guys, eh? "Flaming Lib" isn't a job requirement for administrator, is it?

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 05:09 PM
I mostly want new fans who LIKE CAPS!Even if they wear them backwards? :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 05:10 PM
SAY IT AIN'T SO! Surely, you're not one of those admin guys, eh? "Flaming Lib" isn't a job requirement for adminisstrator, is it?

I am.

Did you ever see the movie Aliens?

1tc has been blown out of the proverbial airlock, never to return.

6/15/2006, 05:13 PM
I am.

Did you ever see the movie Aliens?

1tc has been blown out of the proverbial airlock, never to return.With as many posts as he? has, I think he will be back.

BeetDigger
6/15/2006, 05:14 PM
Discuss: If you liked Ann Coulter before her Leno appearance, you like her just as much or more afterward. If you disliked Ann Coulter before her Leno appearance, you dislike her just as much or more afterward.

I have disliked her on Hannity and Colmes and other shows but on Leno, I thought she came off pretty good. A big improvement.

SoonerInKCMO
6/15/2006, 05:23 PM

She came off better than she did most other times I've seen her. But she did avoid Jay's questions - I would have especially liked an answer to the one about the purpose of her book. And her claim that liberals are only annoyed by the one chapter and not by her calling them godless is assuredly false.

Vaevictis
6/15/2006, 05:38 PM
She came off better than she did most other times I've seen her.

Like any good orator/demogogue, she knows her audience and panders to them. No way she'd ever call anyone a "raghead" on The Tonight Show, for example.

Jerk
6/15/2006, 05:44 PM
I think pretty much the same thing every time I happen to see Bill Maher.

Who the f*** is Bill Maher?

6/15/2006, 05:55 PM
Who the f*** is Bill Maher?The one that used to have a PC show that he jokingly called "Politically Incorrect". There was a panel of 3 maybe 4 libs and one conservative. Whenever the conservative was making points he would get shouted down. It was a waste of time.

Vaevictis
6/15/2006, 05:56 PM
The one that used to have a PC show that he jokingly called "Politically Incorrect". There was a panel of 3 maybe 4 libs and one conservative. Whenever the conservative was making points he would get shouted down. It was a waste of time.

In other words, Fox News format, just run by libs ;)

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 05:57 PM
Who the f*** is Bill Maher?Ann Coulter's alter ego. ;)
"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am" -- Stealer's Wheel

6/15/2006, 06:02 PM
In other words, Fox News format, just run by libs ;)Fox News lets the libz interrupt and shout down the conservatives on their debate forum shows, too. I don't know why the "moderators' don't take better control.

Vaevictis
6/15/2006, 06:04 PM
Fox News lets the libz interrupt and shout down the conservatives on their debate forum shows, too. I don't know why the "moderators' don't take better control.

I guess that video of Bill O'Reilly cutting people's mikes is a figment of my imagination :)

6/15/2006, 06:07 PM
I guess that video of Bill O'Reilly cutting people's mikes is a figment of my imagination :)Don't know about that one. (not saying Bill o'Reilly doesn't do it either) Alan Colmes hardly ever lets a conservative finish their point before breaking in.

Vaevictis
6/15/2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, there was an interview awhile back... I think it was with a survivor of one of the WTC's victims, and O'Reilly didn't like what he had to say, so he directed his staff to cut his mike.

6/15/2006, 06:13 PM
Yeah, there was an interview awhile back... I think it was with a survivor of one of the WTC's victims, and O'Reilly didn't like what he had to say, so he directed his staff to cut his mike.Not shocked. O'Reilly is a loose cannon, and is liable to espouse weird views on any given subject, IMO.

TUSooner
6/15/2006, 06:14 PM
I missed Carlin?
Actually, he and Culter seem to have one thing in common: They call "BS" and say what they want without worrying about who they offend.

6/15/2006, 06:44 PM
I missed Carlin?
Actually, he and Culter seem to have one thing in common: They call "BS" and say what they want without worrying about who they offend.Particularly if the potential offendee is perceived as a dirty player.

Rhino
6/15/2006, 06:59 PM
I don't get how anyone thinks that the section of people cheering for Coulter weren't there to see Coulter.

If you watched her on Leno last night and think she wowed the audience, you're easily entertained. Exactly. She seemed like a teenager who was mightily amused by herself. She's a smug bitch that needs a good kick in the teeth.

She came off better than she did most other times I've seen her. But she did avoid Jay's questions - I would have especially liked an answer to the one about the purpose of her book. And her claim that liberals are only annoyed by the one chapter and not by her calling them godless is assuredly false. She acted like the bland name-calling was harmful or shocking. Now, attacking widows saying they were "enjoying their husbands' deaths"? That's offensive. That's shocking. (Exactly what sells a book.)

But I don't know anyone, conservative or liberal, that stands next to her in that statement. Anyone defending or applauding what she said about the 'Jersey Girls' is as big of a soulless snake as she is.

Carlin just proved that all liberals are really loud-talking sissies. If you think George Carlin is a liberal, you don't much about George Carlin. Anti-establishment, yes. Liberal? Hardly.

By the way, sounds like some of you missed KT Tunstall taking a not-so-subtle swipe at Coulter with the words on her guitar, and paying homage to Woody Guthrie in the same swipe.

Oh, and...Henry Rollins asks of Ann Coulter exactly what needs to be asked (http://live.video.rainbow-media-online.com/video.jsp?video_id=5467&subcategory_id=2045&template_id=2045&backtochannels=1).

85Sooner
6/15/2006, 07:01 PM
It's truly disturibing that there are Americans who don't realize that 99.97% of people not knowledgable about party politics are completely worthless lying sacks of FPOMF.

Fixed

6/15/2006, 07:08 PM
She's a smug bitch that needs a good kick in the teeth.

WTF!, Word, or Wow just wow!

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 07:11 PM
Ann Coulter is a brilliant saleswoman. She realized there is a market to tap: vitriolic paranoid nut jobs (in this case, on the extreme right). There's no other way to describe people who find her antics even remotely amusing or entertaining (same goes for others on the extreme left and right wings of politics). She doesn't give a shiznit if she is shouted down on Leno, Maher, The Daily Show, or anywhere else, because that publicity gets her sales and she can laugh all the way to the bank. Coulter's popularity reflects far more on the people who buy her books than her.

C&CDean
6/15/2006, 07:14 PM
G of JAS? WTF? Long time.....

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 07:20 PM
i've come to realize that pundits of either the extreme right or left, are as extreme as they simply to pull moderates off the fence, in one direction or the other

if she can be so extreme as to get you to agree to even a small portion of what she says, then she's done what she set out to do

and as for the comment that the Leno crowd was there on purpose to see her? my understanding is that getting tickets to those shows is a bit of a crapshoot and the odds of half a crowd being in place just to see her, or cheer her on, are not any kind of odds you'd want to bet on. tickets are bought way in advance without knowing who may or may not be on the show. The Letterman audience is normally selected from those standing in line on the day of the show, using a lottery system.

is it impossible in rhino's world that perhaps there are people who like what she has to say?

lefty
6/15/2006, 07:26 PM
Neither Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Neil Boortz, nor any other person of that ilk are trying to pull moderates off the fence. They are in business to sell books or advertising. Nothing more, nothing else. As long as it sells to act in the puerile fashion in which they behave, they will continue to do so. Pay them no attention. They have absolutely nothing to add to the national discourse. Nothing.

6/15/2006, 07:27 PM
Ann Coulter is a brilliant saleswoman. vitriolic paranoid nut jobs (in this case, on the extreme right). There's no other way to describe people who find her antics even remotely amusing or entertaining (same goes for others on the extreme left and right wings of politics). Coulter's popularity reflects far more on the people who buy her books than her.And where do you fit in, on the continuum of left to right. What degree of govt. control is appropriate? Do you not think she believes what she says with her opinions-that she is simply saying things she doesn't mean?

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 07:52 PM
William, I don't want to threadjack with my own political views, but the upshot is I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and believe in small government. Too bad neither of the two big parties truly stands for more than 1 out of the 3.

Hey Dean! Wasn't I going to buy you a beer some time? That is if you ain't skeered. ;)

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 07:58 PM
Neither Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Neil Boortz, nor any other person of that ilk are trying to pull moderates off the fence. They are in business to sell books or advertising. Nothing more, nothing else. As long as it sells to act in the puerile fashion in which they behave, they will continue to do so. Pay them no attention. They have absolutely nothing to add to the national discourse. Nothing.

i disagree, they're trying to do both, but i believe that they are passionate about their conservative beliefs.....they want to be a part of the power group just like anybody on the left does.......and yeah, they're trying to sell books, but they're also trying to sway voter opinion

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 08:00 PM
Hey :dean: I don't want you to be mad because I banned your luh-ver from the board. But he deserved it. He's due for parole in 1 billion years.

Rhino
6/15/2006, 08:15 PM
i've come to realize that pundits of either the extreme right or left, are as extreme as they simply to pull moderates off the fence, in one direction or the other I think you're slightly naive on their intent.

and as for the comment that the Leno crowd was there on purpose to see her? my understanding is that getting tickets to those shows is a bit of a crapshoot and the odds of half a crowd being in place just to see her, or cheer her on, are not any kind of odds you'd want to bet on. tickets are bought way in advance without knowing who may or may not be on the show. The Letterman audience is normally selected from those standing in line on the day of the show, using a lottery system.

is it impossible in rhino's world that perhaps there are people who like what she has to say? Welcome to my world. (http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/tickets.shtml)

Tickets for a specific show are available the day of the show only at the NBC Ticket Box, located at NBC in Burbank, CA. The NBC Ticket Box opens at 8:00 a.m. All available tickets are distributed to the public on a first come, first-served two (2) tickets per person basis.

Octavian
6/15/2006, 08:28 PM
O'Reilly is a loose cannon, and is liable to espouse weird views on any given subject...

agreed.

I've always liked Larry King though.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8232/larry20ann2wb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

6/15/2006, 08:31 PM
agreed.

I've always liked Larry King though.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8232/larry20ann2wb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)SMART

lefty
6/15/2006, 08:41 PM
i disagree, they're trying to do both, but i believe that they are passionate about their conservative beliefs.....they want to be a part of the power group just like anybody on the left does.......and yeah, they're trying to sell books, but they're also trying to sway voter opinion

I disagree. We won't be able to determine what their intentions, and/or motivations are concerning what ideas they profess. It just seems to me that it has been profitable to be "conservative" for at least that last ten years or so. Demonizing those on the "left" (whatever that means) has been real easy. I don't think they care one way or the other what this country becomes, other that they can enrich themselves. Enriching onesself is fine. The more money one can make, the better it is . I have no problem with that. The problem I have is not being honest with what one is trying to accomplish. If one's motivation is enriching themselves then that is great. Just don't do it and try to tell me that you're doing something else. As a wise man once said, "Don't pea on my back and tell me it's raining."

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 08:51 PM
****stirrers...all of them.

6/15/2006, 08:51 PM
I disagree. We won't be able to determine what their intentions, and/or motivations are concerning what ideas they profess. It just seems to me that it has been profitable to be "conservative" for at least that last ten years or so. Demonizing those on the "left" (whatever that means) has been real easy. I don't think they care one way or the other what this country becomes, other that they can enrich themselves. Enriching onesself is fine. The more money one can make, the better it is . I have no problem with that. The problem I have is not being honest with what one is trying to accomplish. If one's motivation is enriching themselves then that is great. Just don't do it and try to tell me that you're doing something else. As a wise man once said, "Don't pea on my back and tell me it's raining."They believe what they are saying, and enough people agree with what they are saying to the degree of buying their books or listening to them on TV or radio, that those people stating their views are making good money.

Octavian
6/15/2006, 08:55 PM
...and enough people agree with what they are saying to the degree of buying their books or listening to them on TV or radio...

I believe this was royalfan's point on "what's wrong w/ America"

lefty
6/15/2006, 09:02 PM
William, with all due respect, how do you know what they believe. Have any of these folks actually done anything that would lead you to think they live by their beliefs? Almost no one in the Bush administratiion have served in the military. Have you? I have.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 09:38 PM
William, with all due respect, how do you know what they believe. Have any of these folks actually done anything that would lead you to think they live by their beliefs? Almost no one in the Bush administratiion have served in the military. Have you? I have.

I support Bush and I've served in the military

I can't believe you guys are still arguing about this ****. Ann Coulter is popular because she says what a lot of people want to say about liberals. People are tiring of the PC liberal whine crowd they would pretty much agree with anyone who opposes them.

So what if WF listens to her and likes her, it's his business. If you don't agree with her don't listen.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 09:39 PM
I think you're slightly naive on their intent.

feel free to enlighten me

:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 09:41 PM

i did 21 years, does that count?

and exactly what does them serving in the military have to do with having conservative views

i think its ludicrous to believe that these people are espousing conservative idealism just for the profit, and that somehow when the lights are out and the doors are shut, they're really closet liberals

OCUDad
6/15/2006, 09:49 PM
I'm going to take grief for this, but they're all just entertainers to me. Coulter, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Franken, Maher, left, right, liberal, conservative... you name it. They make money by entertaining people with their opinions. The more vociferous the agreement or disagreement, the more money they make. If they're not actually serving in public office, they're just entertainers. No difference between Ann Coulter and Bruce Springsteen -- to me, at least.

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 09:49 PM
Ann Coulter is popular because she says what a lot of people want to say about liberals.

Exactly...we're on the same page. She's tapping into the hate and bigotry that apparently exists in a lot of people. It's not at all relevant whether she actually believes it when the lights are off of her...she gets the big bucks either way. And there's people on the far left that are doing the same thing. It's just a sad fact that their vitriol is cheered on by so many people.

i think its ludicrous to believe that these people are espousing conservative idealism just for the profit, and that somehow when the lights are out and the doors are shut, they're really closet liberals

No one said that. I suspect, as many do, that she just doesn't actually believe the bull**** she espouses that everyone to the left of her on the political spectrum is a godless terrorist sympathizer that hates America, kittens, Jesus and apple pie. That would hardly make her a "closet liberal". It would make her sane.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 09:51 PM

dude how do you know what liberals really believe, last time I checked Micheal Moore was capitalizing on liberal dumbasses, as was Bill Maher. What happened to all the liberals who felt so strong about the election that if Bush won they were going to leave. Give me a freakin break they got the means to go but for some odd reason they're still here.

Basically the extreme liberals feel enlightened because they worship the values and politics of HS drop outs who make a lot of money pretending to be something other than what they are (hollywood)

I'm sorry I don't have the time or interest in listening to someone who is pimped by some hollywood moron and thinks they are smarter for following the ways of the moron.

C&CDean
6/15/2006, 09:53 PM
OK dude. And is your homies Al Franken or Bill Maher or Mrs. Clinton not "tapping into the hate and bigotry that apparently exists in a lot of people" too??

That's what I thought.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:00 PM
[QUOTE=GhostOfJAS]Exactly...we're on the same page. She's tapping into the hate and bigotry that apparently exists in a lot of people. It's not at all relevant whether she actually believes it when the lights are off of her...she gets the big bucks either way. And there's people on the far left that are doing the same thing. It's just a sad fact that their vitriol is cheered on by so many people.

I disagree a little there's no bigotry at all, I think a lot of people do hate the crap that comes from the left.

I mean you had a liberal president how many minorities were high ranking members of his staff, as opposed to Bush?

How many terrorists did he eliminate as opposed to Bush?

How many extremist religious cultures did Clinton try to make a change in to better change the future as opposed to Bush?

I'm telling you it's BS, if liberals believed what they say they'd support Bush a lot more. Yet it's a bunch of dumbassed people who think they are smart for following a bigger group of dumbasses who have detached from reality a long time ago.

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 10:01 PM
OK dude. And is your homies Al Franken or Bill Maher or Mrs. Clinton not "tapping into the hate and bigotry that apparently exists in a lot of people" too??

That's what I thought.

WTF...my homies? I think all three are shrill idiots. The fact is pretty much every politician, partisan, and pundit (D, R, or other) does it. Everyone needs a strawman to get power in USA 2006. The "religious right" is trying to turn the US into a facist state, gays are trying to recruit kids, assault weapons must be banned because they are gonna get you, Liberals want to burn down your church and let the terrorists win, the Republicrats are gonna take away granny's social security check and medication, blah blah blah. Anything to scare enough impressionable voters and drive the wedge. Ann Coulter works the liberals/gays angle, and her book sales are a good canary in the coal mine. Chuck Schumer and other liberals works the granny/guns angle. I say to hell with all of them.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:02 PM
WTF...my homies? I think all three are shrill idiots. The fact is pretty much every politician, partisan, and pundit (D, R, or other) does it. Everyone needs a strawman to get power in USA 2006. The "religious right" is trying to turn the US into a facist state, gays are trying to recruit kids, assault weapons must be banned because they are gonna get you, Liberals want to burn down your church and let the terrorists win, the Republicrats are gonna take away granny's social security check and medication, blah blah blah. Anything to scare enough impressionable voters and drive the wedge. Ann Coulter works the liberals/gays angle, and her book sales are a good canary in the coal mine. Chuck Schumer and other liberals works the granny/guns angle. I say to hell with all of them.

he was replying to lefty

sitzpinkler
6/15/2006, 10:15 PM
he was replying to lefty

no he wasn't

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:27 PM
no he wasn't

honestly I could care less

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 10:27 PM
what alot of people miss, either intentionally or just plain oversight, is that these "entertainers" are successful because there is a demand for what they have to say. I know it just kills you liberals to think that there's a large number of voters in this country who want to hear what they have to say.

Let me clarify my earlier comment about pulling people off the fence........a "milktoast" message is not going to swing those who wobble in their beliefs. They can appear to be extreme in their messages because of who they're trying to reach. They dont have to convince those who are already on the far right.

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:37 PM
No matter what any of them say...Dems, GOP or Libertarians...

Rush L.- "Words mean things"

Actions are proof that your words are honorable.

Like an apology to a blind reporter...I'm glad GW did that.

That guy was just asking him a question and the next thing he knows...GW makes him FAMOUS.

It's time GW put his little Texas Cowboy outfit back in the closet.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 10:40 PM
No matter what any of them say...Dems, GOP or Libertarians...

Rush L.- "Words mean things"

Actions are proof that your words are honorable.

Like an apology to a blind reporter...I'm glad GW did that.

That guy was just asking him a question and the next thing he knows...GW makes him FAMOUS.

It's time GW put his little Texas Cowboy outfit back in the closet.

Bush is well known for "needling" all the reporters, he wasnt picking on the blind one.......when he called to apologize, he made the joke "next time i'll use a different needle"

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:43 PM
Bad Form.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:44 PM
Bush is well known for "needling" all the reporters, he wasnt picking on the blind one.......when he called to apologize, he made the joke "next time i'll use a different needle"

hell I'm amazed that all the time we spend on being offended that anything ever gets done.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 10:46 PM
Bad Form.

amazing, the one that should be offended wasnt.....

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 10:49 PM
hell I'm amazed that all the time we spend on being offended that anything ever gets done.

Righto! Like being offended and worked up about flag burnings that are extraordinarily rare in present day USA. Or being offended at controversial art work that wouldn't otherwise be getting attention. Or at the imaginary "liberal war on Christmas". Or at gay people simply being visible. The knife seems to cut both ways.

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:49 PM
Because he has good character.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 10:51 PM
oh you know him well enough to say that

maybe he just has a good sense of humor and isnt into making something out of nothing like the rest of the country

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:53 PM

I remember a saying when I was growning up

Sticks and stones
may break my bones
but words can never hurt me

hah I guess this doesn't apply anymore

nowadays I'm so deeply hurt by words, I just can't function

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:56 PM
oh you know him well enough to say that

maybe he just has a good sense of humor and isnt into making something out of nothing like the rest of the country
Don't know him at all...

Just what are his options as a blind reporter?

If he gets offended then he's considered thin skinned.

If he holds firm and accepts the apology...he comes off as a Professional which I would think you would be given the fact that you are sitting in the White House Press Corp.

If your behind the Presidential Podium..it's probably smart to know who you are taking questions from.

It made the reporter look more professional than the President IMO.

That's all.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 10:59 PM
mountain, meet molehill......

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 10:59 PM
Righto! Like being offended and worked up about flag burnings that are extraordinarily rare in present day USA. Or being offended at controversial art work that wouldn't otherwise be getting attention. Or at the imaginary "liberal war on Christmas". Or at gay people simply being visible. The knife seems to cut both ways.

I don't hate gay people I view them like retarded people just sexually retarded and confused. I actually feel sorry for them.

As far as burning flags, if that turns you on go and burn one in your back yard if that turns you on. Who cares. If you burn one in a public street be prepared to deal with public opinion.

I've got no problems with people who don't want to celebrate Christmas but once again bring it out in public don't cry about the public's opinion.

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 11:04 PM
I don't hate gay people I view them like retarded people just sexually retarded and confused. I actually feel sorry for them.

Fortunately, must of us wouldn't care about your sorrow nor your feelings. But your ignorance is duly noted.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 11:09 PM
Fortunately, must of us wouldn't care about your sorrow nor your feelings. But your ignorance is duly noted.

well duly note it then, I'm not so ignorant that I don't know which sex organs match with other sex organs.

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 11:21 PM
I'm not so ignorant that I don't know which sex organs match with other sex organs.

Yes, yes, I know. Bible sez sex is only for one woman your whole life, only after marrying her, no birth control, only missionary position, and ONLY for the purposes of procreation. No other kinds of contact because it's dirty and shameful. I guess I could say it makes me feel sorry for you for having to live that kind of life. Fortunately I'm not the one living in the 13th century so no sorrow here.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2006, 11:23 PM
Yes, yes, I know. Bible sez sex is only for one woman your whole life, only after marrying her, no birth control, only missionary position, and ONLY for the purposes of procreation. No other kinds of contact because it's dirty and shameful. I guess I could say it makes me feel sorry for you for having to live that kind of life. Fortunately I'm not the one living in the 13th century so no sorrow here.

whatever helps you sleep at nite. :rolleyes:

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 11:25 PM

don't feel sorry for me, the Bible doesn't say what you claim. Pure science anatomy does however, hence the sexually retarded comment

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 11:27 PM
don't feel sorry for me, the Bible doesn't say what you claim. Pure science anatomy does however, hence the sexually retarded comment

"Science anatomy"? WTF are you talking about? You're must be saying sex is ONLY about procreation. Is that what you're saying?

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 11:31 PM
"Science anatomy"? WTF are you talking about? You're must be saying sex is ONLY about procreation. Is that what you're saying?

I'm saying gay people are sexually retarded

without getting graphic, there is no reason for gayness, it's a freakish screwup in nature

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 11:39 PM
Oh, you started the flaming...I'm not letting you get away that easy usmc. If you're anything like my straight friends, 99% of the sexual encounters in your lifetime will be for pleasure, and only about 1% of it will be for procreation. Yet you're arrogant enough to sit here and call an entire group of other people retarded because they find pleasure in a different way than you, lecturing us about the "science anatomy" of the 1% of your procreative sex.

If I'm wrong, and you only end up having sex a handful of times in your life for the sole purpose of procreation, then please accept my apologies, and actually I'm kind of sorry you're doing that to yourself.

But I'm not wrong on this one. You're just being arrogant. What you find pleasureable is right because it represents the majority...so everyone different must be retarded. Get over yourself.

usmc-sooner
6/15/2006, 11:53 PM
dude I don't hate you, I just see you as very very confused

it has nothing to do with the majority (actually it does) normal people don't desire sex with the same sex. (hence the sexually retarded comment)

I've never had to have anyone tell me this, that's why I refered to gay's as sexually retarded or confused. Because 97% of the world sees normal as different than you.

I really don't care what you do but as I said earlier if you bring it to public forum don't get ticked at what the public thinks

GhostOfJAS
6/16/2006, 12:00 AM
dude I don't hate you, I just see you as very very confused

it has nothing to do with the majority (actually it does) normal people don't desire sex with the same sex. (hence the sexually retarded comment)

I've never had to have anyone tell me this, that's why I refered to gay's as sexually retarded or confused. Because 97% of the world sees normal as different than you.

I really don't care what you do but as I said earlier if you bring it to public forum don't get ticked at what the public thinks

Oh, now you speak for "the public"? The arrogance compounds.

So, you say because I'm in the minority I'm retarded? So, folks with green eyes....usmc thinks you're retarded! Like brussel sprouts? Retarded. Most people in the world aren't Baptist, so Baptists must be retarded too. In fact, only about 35% approve of Bush, so those folks are therefore retarded.

Seems your argument has fallen apart. Better luck next time.

6/16/2006, 12:00 AM
William, with all due respect, how do you know what they believe. Have any of these folks actually done anything that would lead you to think they live by their beliefs? Almost no one in the Bush administratiion have served in the military. Have you? I have.I don't personally know any conservative talk show host, but have no reason to believe when one of them says "the lefty fringe wants power more than they want to protect America" that they don't mean it. Why would you think they don't mean it? Your position on this seems less likely than mine. I have served in the military, too. Why do you ask?

PhilTLL
6/16/2006, 05:57 AM
Ann Coulter is a carny for the new millennium, and I can't believe her schtick works as well as it does. Not to say I don't admire her ability to pull it off.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 08:17 AM
Who the f*** is Bill Maher?

What did he say that was so bad, did he deny the holocaust or something? I forgot and he is irrelevant today...

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 08:31 AM

Good for him! GW apologized as soon as he realized his gaff, end of story, but not for CNN. THey have to stick it on their web site.

I'm for USMC in this thread. Coulter, while I think is shrill, has tapped into a undercurrent in America that is tired of the leftist agenda, tired of the media feeding us propaganda (like CSI: Miami I saw last night trying to tell us illegals aliens are good and "just want a better life" andthe cops let 'em go - Hello! They're ILLEGAL!!) and tired of the government telling us how we can't do things and that we need them to tell us what to do with OUR money!

BeetDigger
6/16/2006, 08:58 AM
Like brussel sprouts? Retarded.

I like brussel sprouts. I'm not attracted to guys though. Based upon this I can't tell if I am retarded or not. Could we call in an official and get a ruling on this? :twinkies:

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 09:16 AM
I like brussel sprouts. I'm not attracted to guys though. Based upon this I can't tell if I am retarded or not. Could we call in an official and get a ruling on this? :twinkies:

What color are your eyes?

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 09:17 AM

I'd say not retarded, unless more people like Brussel Sprouts more than I think...

GhostOfJAS
6/16/2006, 09:18 AM
Coulter, while I think is shrill, has tapped into a undercurrent in America that is tired of the leftist agenda, tired of the media feeding us propaganda (like CSI: Miami I saw last night trying to tell us illegals aliens are good and "just want a better life" andthe cops let 'em go - Hello! They're ILLEGAL!!) and tired of the government telling us how we can't do things and that we need them to tell us what to do with OUR money!

LOL...this is just sad. For years republicans have controlled the executive branch, both houses of congress, most governorships, and have formed the majority of standing judges. So if these people are truly unhappy about government intrusion, immigration, and spending, they should be unhappy at the people who have had nearly complete control of the government for years - Republicans and conservatives. Instead, what undercurrent has Coulter tapped? People who blame the strawman "liberal" - a strawman who has had no meaningful political power in years. I'm more and more convinced every moment Coulter is manipulating the most unhinged and illogical among us.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 09:30 AM
Oh, now you speak for "the public"? The arrogance compounds.

So, you say because I'm in the minority I'm retarded? So, folks with green eyes....usmc thinks you're retarded! Like brussel sprouts? Retarded. Most people in the world aren't Baptist, so Baptists must be retarded too. In fact, only about 35% approve of Bush, so those folks are therefore retarded.

Seems your argument has fallen apart. Better luck next time.

yes Baptist are retards :D

like I said don't get mad if you bring the whole gay thing up ad nauseum and someone doesn't agree with you. If you want to live a perverted sexual lifestyle (IN MY OPINION) then you have that right and I'm not trying to take it away from you. But I will not support it.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 10:19 AM
LOL...this is just sad. For years republicans have controlled the executive branch, both houses of congress, most governorships, and have formed the majority of standing judges. So if these people are truly unhappy about government intrusion, immigration, and spending, they should be unhappy at the people who have had nearly complete control of the government for years - Republicans and conservatives. Instead, what undercurrent has Coulter tapped? People who blame the strawman "liberal" - a strawman who has had no meaningful political power in years. I'm more and more convinced every moment Coulter is manipulating the most unhinged and illogical among us.

Ummm, your math, 15 years > 50 years, yeah right! I expected more from a Meteorology student having supposedly taken dif eq!

Media, Fox and Rush = 15 years > CBS/NBC/ABC/Liberal Press 50 years, yeah right

Universities, 60 + years of social re-engineering in academia...

What color are your glasses? Rose or pink? Well they may be green to make all storms have hail in them...;)

GhostOfJAS
6/16/2006, 10:33 AM
Media, Fox and Rush = 15 years > CBS/NBC/ABC/Liberal Press 50 years, yeah right

Universities, 60 + years of social re-engineering in academia...

Uhm, I may not have passed Dif Eq, but apparently you didn't pass 8th grade civics. Last I checked, the "liberal press" and "universities" aren't any part of the 3 branches of our government. In a way, you're doing a great job of proving my point: Coulter and her ilk rail about the "liberal media" and "acadmia elite" and her readers eat it up, thinking they're somehow the victims, when they have had the entire mechanism of US government behind them for years...ya know, the actually important stuff like the shaping, passing, execution, and interpretation of laws. Getting in an uproar over what was on 60 Minutes last week or what some nutjob prof is saying in his class in Boulder seems a bit silly while our supposedly "conservative" government is ****ing over the country.

frankensooner
6/16/2006, 10:34 AM
Dancing Itos I say!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 10:38 AM
didn't pass 8th grade civics.

B.S. Meteorology 1982
M.S. Industrial Engineering 1987
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering 1997

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 10:40 AM
B.S. Meteorology 1982
M.S. Industrial Engineering 1987
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering 1997

I really don't see what this has to do with 8th grade civics....

:twinkies:

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 10:44 AM
Okay, I graduated 8th grade, so I PASSED CIVICS!

I also PASSED Junior High

I also PASSED High School, and

I also PASSED dif eq! Engine Math 1 and 2!

Herr Scholz
6/16/2006, 10:56 AM
Ann Coulter's in the 'infotainment' industry. She's a smart lady and has obviously tapped into a market. All I have to say about her is eat a frickin' burger, lady. Man.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 10:59 AM
Okay, I graduated 8th grade, so I PASSED CIVICS!

I also PASSED Junior High

I also PASSED High School, and

I also PASSED dif eq! Engine Math 1 and 2!

Well that's all well and good, but you never addressed JAS's main point. We've had a Republican in the White House for 25 years, except for the Clinton interlude--and he's hardly left-wing. The Republicans have been in control of Congress since 1995, right? And now there's a conservative Supreme Court. It's all on the Republicans now. It's time to nut up and stop blaming Bill Clinton, Hollywood, and the liberals for all our problems. The persecution schtick doesn't work anymore when you're in the majority. (Note to Christians: it really doesn't work when you're in the 80% majority.)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 11:00 AM
Ann Coulter's in the 'infotainment' industry. She's a smart lady and has obviously tapped into a market. All I have to say about her is eat a frickin' burger, lady. Man.

I'd agree with that. I don't know how her body functions, she's only skeleton.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 11:03 AM
http://www.godandcountryevent.com/images/ann-big.jpg

http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~jmunro/skeletor.jpg

Separated at birth?

6/16/2006, 11:07 AM
And now there's a conservative Supreme Court. It's all on the Republicans now. Close, but no ceegar! Still balanced to to left. One more leftist judge leaving and a conservative replacement will do the trick.(AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT) Wait for the fireworks when there's another vacancy.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 11:10 AM
Close, but no ceegar! Still balanced to to left. One more leftist judge leaving and a conservative replacement will do the trick.(AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT) Wait for the fireworks when there's another vacancy.

You don't want fair and balanced, you want people making policy that reflects how YOU think. That's a dangerous attitude.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 11:10 AM
Well that's all well and good, but you never addressed JAS's main point. We've had a Republican in the White House for 25 years, except for the Clinton interlude--and he's hardly left-wing. The Republicans have been in control of Congress since 1995, right? And now there's a conservative Supreme Court. It's all on the Republicans now. It's time to nut up and stop blaming Bill Clinton, Hollywood, and the liberals for all our problems. The persecution schtick doesn't work anymore when you're in the majority. (Note to Christians: it really doesn't work when you're in the 80% majority.)

HISTORICALLY it has been Liberal Dems. The New Deal, The Great Society are all major redistribution of wealth by the Liberals telling people they can manage our money better than the people who earned it. You can't count the Republicans in office unless they had the majority. That didn't happen until 1990. The Dems had power since 1932! So in the 8 years or so that the Republicans have held power in the Executive and Legislative branch the biggest thing Congress has passed was the reduction in the Income Tax rates and repeal of the Death Tax.

So this along with the increase in media channels, the liberal stranglehold on the media and information has been held back and people, PEOPLE who have long been afriad to espouse their opinion, have the strength to vent and put their feelings to voice. I'll nut up in about 50 years of Republican governing if things aren't better. Otherwise, I'll continue to rant about the Liberals, social re-engineering in academia (a vast Liberal bastion) and Hollywood (a weird out of touch realm where normal things don't happen and Xenu worshipping people are the norm...).

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 11:13 AM
One more leftist judge leaving and a conservative replacement will do the trick.(AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT) Wait for the fireworks when there's another vacancy.

I'm considering straight-ticket voting for Democrats from now on. They're so disorganized it wouldn't matter if they controlled all three branches. On the other hand, watching the Republicans march in goose...err lockstep is frightening.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 11:15 AM
hot carl

6/16/2006, 11:16 AM
You don't want fair and balanced, you want people making policy that reflects how YOU think. That's a dangerous attitude.I want judges to apply the law, not create new law. The latter is the job of the legislature.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 11:18 AM
HISTORICALLY it has been Liberal Dems. The New Deal, The Great Society are all major redistribution of wealth by the Liberals telling people they can manage our money better than the people who earned it. You can't count the Republicans in office unless they had the majority. That didn't happen until 1990. The Dems had power since 1932! So in the 8 years or so that the Republicans have held power in the Executive and Legislative branch the biggest thing Congress has passed was the reduction in the Income Tax rates and repeal of the Death Tax.

So this along with the increase in media channels, the liberal stranglehold on the media and information has been held back and people, PEOPLE who have long been afriad to espouse their opinion, have the strength to vent and put their feelings to voice. I'll nut up in about 50 years of Republican governing if things aren't better. Otherwise, I'll continue to rant about the Liberals, social re-engineering in academia (a vast Liberal bastion) and Hollywood (a weird out of touch realm where normal things don't happen and Xenu worshipping people are the norm...).

Somebody call the wahhhmbulance.

Republicans: QUIT WHINING AND FIX THE ****ING PROBLEMS. No more excuses!

GhostOfJAS
6/16/2006, 11:25 AM
Close, but no ceegar! Still balanced to to left. One more leftist judge leaving and a conservative replacement will do the trick.(AND YOU GUYS KNOW IT) Wait for the fireworks when there's another vacancy.

7 of the 9 current SCOTUS justices were nominated by Republican presidents, yet they're STILL not far enough right-wing for some people. Incredible.

Aww, the poor victimized conservative christian majority, they've spent all this time afraid to "espouse their opinion" because they're victims of attempted brainwashing in academia. Puh-leeze...tell me you don't believe this crap. So you really think by ranting about powerless hollywood liberals, nutjob profs, and the "liberal" media...the republican majority is suddenly going to repeal great society programs? RIIIIGHT. The repubs have done nothing more than to GROW government (size, expenditures, AND intrusion into our lives) since they've taken over, and the strawmen Coulter creates to distract you will never change that fact.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 11:25 AM
Somebody call the wahhhmbulance.

Republicans: QUIT WHINING AND FIX THE ****ING PROBLEMS. No more excuses!

that statement is a joke.

I'm not dumb enough to try to blame the entire Democratic party for all the problems.
liberals have made a living off of whining and excuses. that's was just a stupid statement md. too bad liberals believe it.

homerSimpsonsBrain
6/16/2006, 11:37 AM
politicians have made a living off of whining and excuses... too bad all of us believe it.

Fixed ... :)

6/16/2006, 11:44 AM
...the republican majority is suddenly going to repeal great society programs? RIIIIGHT. The repubs have done nothing more than to GROW government..You are right about that. And it's sad they haven't done better regarding downsizing the welfare state. However, they have at least done SOME things to fight terrorism. Unfortunate that the dims have a far more liberal agenda than the RINO controlled Republican Senate. I would vote for dims if they looked to be any improvement over the RINOS.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 11:46 AM
liberals have made a living off of whining and excuses.

So it's okay that the Republicans are doing it now? :confused:

Worst attack ever on the US.

:les: Bill Clinton's fault!

Skyrocketing oil prices and no coherent energy policy.

:les: Blame the environmentalists!

Our border security is a joke.

:les: Hollywood did it!

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 11:48 AM
hot.
carl.

JohnnyMack
6/16/2006, 12:02 PM
hot.
carl.

Bring it. The. F. On.

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 12:03 PM
I'm going to take grief for this, but they're all just entertainers to me. Coulter, O'Reilly, Limbaugh, Franken, Maher, left, right, liberal, conservative... you name it. If they're not actually serving in public office, they're just entertainers. No difference between Ann Coulter and Bruce Springsteen -- to me, at least.
I agree. I'd compare them to pro wrestlers rather than musicians, though.

Think about the similarities. You have your rigidly defined good guys and bad guys, the over the top antics and rhetoric, etc. You don't really have to use your head to enjoy either of them, giving both a very "lowest common denominator" feel. You also have your fans who think it's real, and your fans who know it really isn't, but enjoy the spectacle anyhow.

That being said, I sure am glad I'm a fan of wrestling and not politics.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 12:06 PM
I'd compare them to pro wrestlers rather than musicians, though.

Ann Coulter needs to take the Macho Man's advice and snap into a Slim Jim.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 12:23 PM
I want judges to apply the law, not create new law. The latter is the job of the legislature.

I agree, much of the complaints and the conservative activism has been brought out by activist judges who are making up **** and applying liberal philosphophies rather than making rulings based on the constitution, i.e., the separation of church and state. There is no constituional separation as far as religion not intruding into the government. The ONLY prohibition was that the government could not deem a religion for the country, like the European countries do. The founding fathers, most highly religious would be surprised at the secular nature of governance today.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 12:33 PM
So it's okay that the Republicans are doing it now? :confused:

Worst attack ever on the US.

:les: Bill Clinton's fault!

well Clinton could have had OBL, but thought it was a "legal" or "police" issue. I've got my police here for you, its Task Force 145 or whatever they are now known by...

Skyrocketing oil prices and no coherent energy policy.

:les: Blame the environmentalists!

Puleeze, who do you think is the reason for high oil? Big Oil? Think again, Iran (for destabilizing the speculators) China and India (for bringing in lots of bucks and developing a middle class that wants to buy things, especially cars and electronics that need more electricity), NIgeria and Venezuela for just being nuts and terrorizing their own citizens and oil patch workers, Americans for driving large SUVs. I do agree with you on the lack of an overall. comprehensive NATIONAL energy policy. Bush has been at fault for this, but Clinton was no better. But I do blame the environmentalists for preventing drilling in ANWR, Florida and California and preventing refineries in the NE.

Our border security is a joke.

:les: Hollywood did it!

Agreed, somehow, angst for illegal aliens and law breakers and the thought of the largest increase in the welfare and "entitlement" roles ever has overturned common sense and closing off, militarizing the borders or enforcing the laws currently on the books.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 12:43 PM
well Clinton could have had OBL, but thought it was a "legal" or "police" issue. I've got my police here for you, its Task Force 145 or whatever they are now known by...

Puleeze, who do you think is the reason for high oil? Big Oil? Think again, Iran (for destabilizing the speculators) China and India (for bringing in lots of bucks and developing a middle class that wants to buy things, especially cars and electronics that need more electricity), NIgeria and Venezuela for just being nuts and terrorizing their own citizens and oil patch workers, Americans for driving large SUVs. I do agree with you on the lack of an overall. comprehensive NATIONAL energy policy. Bush has been at fault for this, but Clinton was no better. But I do blame the environmentalists for preventing drilling in ANWR, Florida and California and preventing refineries in the NE.

Agreed, somehow, angst for illegal aliens and law breakers and the thought of the largest increase in the welfare and "entitlement" roles ever has overturned common sense and closing off, militarizing the borders or enforcing the laws currently on the books.

You're missing the point. I don't care whose fault it is. Just fix the damn problems.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=TheHumanAlphabetThere is no constituional separation as far as religion not intruding into the government. [/QUOTE]

There damn well should be. If religion gets to **** with the government (see also: Iran), then the government gets to **** with religion (see also: the Soviet Union). What's fair is fair.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 12:51 PM
You're missing the point. I don't care whose fault it is. Just fix the damn problems.

I would agree with you on this. The republicans said they could fix the problems and they have woefully failed to lead on many counts. Since the dems have been devisive and not really caring to solve problems and stall, I give the administration a partial pass, but they certainly haven't been leading well IMO.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 12:55 PM
There damn well should be. If religion gets to **** with the government (see also: Iran), then the government gets to **** with religion (see also: the Soviet Union). What's fair is fair.

You just described a country with a state religion (against the constitution) and an areligious society or a society that the government has become the religion. I think the founding fathers have something in between in mind, people who are moral and have sound character driven by a sound mind from having a belief in a religious faith, without supporting a state sponsored religion. A fine balancing act, but one that was working well until judicial activism.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 12:59 PM
Johnny Mack, that comparison is poor, because Skeletor while having a skull for a face, at least has muscles and a physical body mass.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 01:10 PM
I think the founding fathers have something in between in mind, people who are moral and have sound character driven by a sound mind from having a belief in a religious faith, without supporting a state sponsored religion. A fine balancing act, but one that was working well until judicial activism.

Right, because people without religon are incapable of being moral.

Who gets to decide whose religion we have to abide by? There are more Catholics than any other denomination--let's outlaw divorce and birth control! Yay!

Pricetag
6/16/2006, 01:15 PM

Who gets to decide whose religion we have to abide by? There are more Catholics than any other denomination--let's outlaw divorce and birth control! Yay!
Yep, Christianity in this country would tear itself apart if it was given government power.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 01:23 PM

I never said abide by a religion (that's unconstitutional), but have in mind the Judeo-Christian concept of laws and punishment, character, morality and demeanor. They are separate things.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 02:38 PM
I never said abide by a religion (that's unconstitutional), but have in mind the Judeo-Christian concept of laws and punishment, character, morality and demeanor. They are separate things.

They're not exclusive to the Abrahamic religions, either. There's a difference between looking at the whole of human history to figure out what works and what doesn't, and justifying legal arguments with, "it says in the Bible...."

Laws against theft and murder: good. Blue Laws: bad.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 02:55 PM
and justifying legal arguments with, "it says in the Bible...."

I would never think that as in my belief system, the bible is not infallible. I believe it is the inspired word of God, not the infallible word of God. It has been interpreted and translated so many times and the fact that it was written or compiled years after the fact and not in the language of the times makes me leary of that.

1stTimeCaller
6/16/2006, 02:57 PM
hot carl

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 03:00 PM
I believe it is the inspired word of God, not the infallible word of God. It has been interpreted and translated so many times and the fact that it was written or compiled years after the fact and not in the language of the times makes me leary of that.

There are certain posters here that would disagree with you. And that's why we need to keep religion (not morality in general) seperate from government.

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 03:15 PM
all the constitution says that government will not dictate a religion. It doesn't say that religion can never enter into government.

Hence In God we trust on money, hands on the bible in court and numerous mentions of God and religion that our founding fathers made.

They try to have 3 branches of government to keep things in check. Sometimes each side goes to far. You've got witch hunts by the far right, you've over reaction and constant hand wringing by the left.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2006, 03:56 PM
The assumption is that what you have said constitutes a religion endorsed by the state. I don't see that here.

Now if Congress passes or tries to pass a law that said we had to worship a certain way or that certain religious tenants were to held as correct or state sponsored, or gave a certain religion tax collected money for the general cofers (not the programatic payments to federally reviewed help programs) then I would have a problem with that...

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 05:12 PM
Now if Congress passes or tries to pass a law that said we had to worship a certain way or that certain religious tenants were to held as correct or state sponsored...

Like pledging allegiance to God? Like a government definition of marriage?

6/16/2006, 06:52 PM
Like pledging allegiance to God? Like a government definition of marriage?Pledging allegiance to God is not establishing a state religion, and hence is constitutional. Where have you guys been on that issue? A law defining marriage would be legal if done properly. Sheesh!

Scott D
6/16/2006, 06:55 PM
Pledging allegiance to God is not establishing a state religion, and hence is constitutional. Where have you guys been on that issue? A law defining marriage would be legal if done properly. Sheesh!

1. The Pledge did not always have 'Under God' in it's content.
2. 'In God We Trust' was not always on American money.
3. Government has no business writing a law in regards to a religious 'institution'..their department is 'civil unions'.

The first two were a direct result of a McCarthyism of the government, the latter is an established point that most people who seek less governmental intrusion agree upon.

mdklatt
6/16/2006, 07:45 PM
Pledging allegiance to God is not establishing a state religion, and hence is constitutional.

What is it, then?

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 07:56 PM
What is it, then?

it says one nation under God

it does not say one nation under the Christian Hebrew God, Yahweh

nor does it say one nation under the Muslim God, Allah

it is not specific, when I say it I take it to mean one nation under my God who is the Christian God.

God I wonder how you liberals make through the day with all injustices you have to whine about.

sitzpinkler
6/16/2006, 08:58 PM
yes Baptist are retards :D

like I said don't get mad if you bring the whole gay thing up ad nauseum and someone doesn't agree with you. If you want to live a perverted sexual lifestyle (IN MY OPINION) then you have that right and I'm not trying to take it away from you. But I will not support it.

nobody is asking you to ****ing support, this is what you folks never understand, just stop trying to ****ing legislate it

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 09:01 PM
nobody is asking you to ****ing support, this is what you folks never understand, just stop trying to ****ing legislate it

I'm not trying to legislate anything. You really make your point more valid and sound much tougher when you drive it home with the f bomb. Man your cool.

sitzpinkler
6/16/2006, 09:06 PM
I'm not trying to legislate anything. You really make your point more valid and sound much tougher when you drive it home with the f bomb. Man your cool.

you may not be personally, but the party you vote for is

soonerscuba
6/16/2006, 09:13 PM
God I wonder how you liberals make through the day with all injustices you have to whine about.

Drugs, wine, hybrids, and all the poontang we can handle thanks to abortion on demand.;)

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 09:16 PM
Drugs, wine, hybrids, and all the poontang we can handle thanks to abortion on demand.;)

:D funny

Big Red Ron
6/16/2006, 09:19 PM
:D funnyAnd true.:D

usmc-sooner
6/16/2006, 09:20 PM
you may not be personally, but the party you vote for is

I'm a republican but I don't always vote the party line.

I don't see how they are trying to legistlate anything. Bush wants put it to the state or the people and keep it out of the court. Fortunately all the states that voted on gay marriage includeing Oklahoma voted to ban gay marriage so it more the will of people not one political party. Cmon man keep up, get your facts straight. Or you could drop the f bomb and then you'll really put us evil effing republicans in our effing mothereffing place.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 09:40 PM

I don't see how they are trying to legistlate anything. Bush wants put it to the state or the people and keep it out of the court. Fortunately all the states that voted on gay marriage includeing Oklahoma voted to ban gay marriage so it more the will of people not one political party. Cmon man keep up, get your facts straight. Or you could drop the f bomb and then you'll really put us evil effing republicans in our effing mothereffing place.

by that means then you agree with me (a non democrat and non republican..ie non 'neocon' and non 'dirty libz') that because individuals states have let their position be known, the federal government is acting like a retarded dog chasing it's own tail by attempting to introduce legislation that in effect says "states you are far too incompetent to know what you really want, and you need us in Washington DC to decide for you" because in the end, that's all this and most any other federal legislation is.

Zbird
6/16/2006, 10:01 PM
Ann Coulter is a very intelligent woman. She bobbed and weaved and did everything she could to avoid Leno's attempts at getting her to answer the question of why it was she opted to call out the women from New Jersey.

The woman is simply a conservative mouthpiece. She did nothing special last night in her interview. While I'm sure she's a decent public speaker while giving a prepared speech, I often wonder how she'd do in a live debate. No time to prep. I think it's all a carefully prepared ruse.

What woman? AnnCoulter used to be Jim Bob "Andy" Cutler. Lived down the street from me in Lubbock before he had the surgeon put the "o" in his "Cut". Kept wanting to play house with Dick Cheney's daughter.

6/17/2006, 12:15 AM

I don't see how they are trying to legistlate anything. Bush wants put it to the state or the people and keep it out of the court. Fortunately all the states that voted on gay marriage includeing Oklahoma voted to ban gay marriage so it more the will of people not one political party. Cmon man keep up, get your facts straight. Or you could drop the f bomb and then you'll really put us evil effing republicans in our effing mothereffing place.BRAVO, MAGNIFICO, of of your best posts I've ever read.(you could spell a little better, however...sorry.)

mdklatt
6/17/2006, 12:17 AM
I don't see how they are trying to legistlate anything.

I guess technically a constitutional ammendment isn't legislation....

mdklatt
6/17/2006, 12:19 AM
it says one nation under God

it does not say one nation under the Christian Hebrew God, Yahweh

nor does it say one nation under the Muslim God, Allah

it is not specific, when I say it I take it to mean one nation under my God who is the Christian God.

God <> religion. Got it.

usmc-sooner
6/17/2006, 03:28 AM
BRAVO, MAGNIFICO, of of your best posts I've ever read.(you could spell a little better, however...sorry.)

sorry I didn't spell check

I was tired, it was late and I was a little off center

TheHumanAlphabet
6/17/2006, 06:57 AM
Plus when your flying on the keyboard with your fingers to get down that "awesome" response, you don't have time to spellcheck...;)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/17/2006, 07:00 AM
To the negger who calls my faith superstition. Why don't you make yourself known so we can discuss. I am sure I can find something you believe in to make fun of!!!

Afraid, no, I pity you, you have no faith and you must be a lonely person.