PDA

View Full Version : Travis Wilson's little brother

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/15/2006, 06:29 AM
From what I saw on the front page of a pay site is looking at OU pretty hard.

Anyone have info on the kid ?

BASSooner
6/15/2006, 09:30 AM
he doesnt look like travis

The Consumate Showman
6/15/2006, 11:04 AM
I know Trav and know his mother as well. From what I can gather from some earlier communication I had with her at the red/white game and some earlier meetings, Trav's little brother will no doubt be a Sooner. I believe he is not quite as big as Trav, but nonetheless just as gifted or more than Trav at this age. I think I remember him being in the class of 08 or 09.....

BASSooner
6/15/2006, 12:41 PM
thats good to hear. Size won't be a factor. Travis was pretty big for a receiver so I'm not really concerned there

snp
6/15/2006, 10:49 PM
My roomate is best friends with Travis, and very close with the Wilson family. Once he gets his *** back up here, I'll ask him.

I know Travis also. :cool:

stoopified
6/23/2006, 01:30 AM
Cool.

Soonerman08
6/23/2006, 07:35 PM
Cool.

I saw something on Soonerscoop.com about there being an issue that Travis is keeping his brother from going to OU? Can anybody verify this? I don't have a subscription so I can't access the site.

The Consumate Showman
6/24/2006, 12:46 AM
I saw something on Soonerscoop.com about there being an issue that Travis is keeping his brother from going to OU? Can anybody verify this? I don't have a subscription so I can't access the site.

I think that Trav (I don't have a subscription to that site) was a little miffed that the passing game went down so much last year when fumbles mcscrambles couldn't get his act together.

You have to remember before you start thinking ill of Trav, when he was a junior, he was our leading reciever over clayton and all the others. Now, this is pure speculation on my part since I haven't read the article, but from all indicators, Corey likes OU and wants to go there. Here's hoping that we get him! :)

Salt City Sooner
6/24/2006, 05:54 AM
"he was our leading reciever over clayton and all the others."
One minor adjustment, that being that he led the team only in TD receptions. Clayton led in everything else by a fairly decent margin (although there was nowhere near as big of a gap as there was between Clayton & #2 in '03).

snp
6/24/2006, 02:15 PM
Travis was frustrated last year with the passing game, and himself. He was injured the whole time and really thought he would've really been able to help out Bomar.

I've never heard him say anything about not being happy with OU. I'd say that's bull.

The Consumate Showman
6/24/2006, 11:58 PM
Travis was frustrated last year with the passing game, and himself. He was injured the whole time and really thought he would've really been able to help out Bomar.

I've never heard him say anything about not being happy with OU. I'd say that's bull.

I think I would agree with you, too. Whoever wrote that article is probably just trying to intrigue new visitors to subscribe to the web site. Corey will be a sooner as long as Coach Stoops and Co. want him to be one. :)