View Full Version : Dear World Cup,

JohnnyMack
6/14/2006, 10:26 PM
You suck.

Sincerely,

Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

OUinFLA
6/14/2006, 10:32 PM
It's hard for me to get interested in any game where the possiblilty of both teams scoring less than 10 is huge.

even curling teams score more than 10 regularly

soonerscuba
6/14/2006, 11:06 PM
Soccer pwns hockey, for one simple reason. Hooligans. As soon as I hear that 140 people were arrested outside of wherever the Stanley Cup is being played, I stand firm in my position.

Sooner98
6/14/2006, 11:26 PM
You suck.

Sincerely,

Every sport that has ever existed.

Fixed.

skycat
6/14/2006, 11:37 PM
It's hard for me to get interested in any game where the possiblilty of both teams scoring less than 10 is huge.

even curling teams score more than 10 regularly

Ya know, football only gets to that mark due to point inflation. Unless you guys are playing aTm.

silverwheels
6/14/2006, 11:48 PM
Ya know, football only gets to that mark due to point inflation. Unless you guys are playing aTm.

Yeah, if you take the Holiday Bowl and use baseball/soccer/hockey's scoring system, you'd have a 4-3 type of game.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 11:58 PM

Spek.

I'd like to once again point out my total opposition for such an un-American sport.

You knwo why Kerry lost? He was a hockey AND a soccer fan. Now, hockey isn't American but it's at least a sport that I can respect. No such respect for soccer.

BajaOklahoma
6/15/2006, 12:56 AM
I love soccer and hockey.
And Lil Baja wanted to do curling, but the only curling team in the Metroplex met at the StarCenter in Duncanville. That is too far. She wanted to be the yeller.

<sigh>

GottaHavePride
6/15/2006, 01:33 AM
I love soccer and hockey.
And Lil Baja wanted to do curling, but the only curling team in the Metroplex met at the StarCenter in Duncanville. That is too far. She wanted to be the yeller.

<sigh>

I like soccer, but not hockey. And thus I will say it sucks and is boring without bothering to attempt to learn to appreciate hockey.

;)

walkoffsooner
6/15/2006, 02:22 AM
You have to be in a **** poor place for that game to cheer you up.

Hatfield
6/15/2006, 08:33 AM
people still watch hockey?

TexasLidig8r
6/15/2006, 08:40 AM
Hockey is a blood sport... linebacker sized dudes goin' real fast.. on skates, with a lethal weapon in their hands. Blood and fights and clean hits and cheap shots. Granted, it doesn't translate well on television, but hockey live, especially in good seats.. RMFO!

Soccer.. is simply a flop fest. You get barely touched and you fall down and look like someone just amputated your leg with the rusty top off of an old Campbell's soup can.

Hatfield
6/15/2006, 08:44 AM
i think hockey and baseball should battle it out for world's most boring sport.

Taxman71
6/15/2006, 08:52 AM
Soccer should be left to fairly hot girls who want to play sports, but aren't masculine enough to share a locker room with basketball and softball players. Kinda like beach volleyball without a net.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 08:56 AM
If any of you soccer blowhards had watched Game 5 of the Finals last night you'd recognize how much better of a sport it is compared to soccer.

I've watched/played/followed soccer since back in the Tulsa Roughneck/BeachBoys days and I can tell you that hockey pwns soccer. Soccer is such a widely played sport because quite simply all you need to play it are a bunch of people, a field and a ball. It isn't because it's better, it's because of a lack of options.

1stTimeCaller
6/15/2006, 09:00 AM
when are the hockey playoffs?

Hatfield
6/15/2006, 09:01 AM
until hockey players have to dodge bricks thrown from the stands I consider them nancy women.

period.

Fugue
6/15/2006, 09:04 AM
Watching a live hockey game with 2 talented teams that don't like each other is about as good as it gets. What you don't see on tv is that there is stuff goin' on all over the ice.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 09:06 AM
Watching a live hockey game with 2 talented teams that don't like each other is about as good as it gets. What you don't see on tv is that there is stuff goin' on all over the ice.

Yeah it is.

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 09:12 AM
World Cup Soccer > WNBA

World Cup Soccer > LPGA

SoonerInKCMO
6/15/2006, 09:45 AM
Soccer pwns hockey, for one simple reason. Hooligans. As soon as I hear that 140 people were arrested outside of wherever the Stanley Cup is being played, I stand firm in my position.

Do you mean only during the game? Because if you count after the game, then any time the Red Wings have won, pretty much all of Detriot (hi Scott) becomes hooliganized.

Taxman71
6/15/2006, 10:00 AM
The worst thing about soccer are the pee-bombs cast from the chicanos in the cheap seats. Getting hit by one of those would mean instant riot to me.

RacerX
6/15/2006, 12:23 PM
Dear NHL,

Please strike again. No one will notice.

JohnnyMack
6/15/2006, 12:24 PM
Dear NHL,

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

Cam
6/15/2006, 08:54 PM
I'm not sure I get OLN. ;)

I like watching hockey. Let me know next time a single NHL game gets watched by over 1 Billion viewers world wide.

Octavian
6/15/2006, 08:58 PM
Dear NHL,

aren't they already on pay-per-view?

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 08:59 PM
Soccer should be banned.

It's way too violent.

silverwheels
6/15/2006, 09:40 PM
If any of you soccer blowhards had watched Game 5 of the Finals last night you'd recognize how much better of a sport it is compared to soccer.

I've watched/played/followed soccer since back in the Tulsa Roughneck/BeachBoys days and I can tell you that hockey pwns soccer. Soccer is such a widely played sport because quite simply all you need to play it are a bunch of people, a field and a ball. It isn't because it's better, it's because of a lack of options.

:rolleyes:

I love soccer and hockey both, so I won't say anything except that post was pretty dumb.

GottaHavePride
6/15/2006, 09:43 PM
One of the reason's I'm starting to like soccer is because all you need is a bunch of people, a field, and a ball.

Just keep in mind - no matter how tough a hockey player might be, he's still wearing pads when he gets in a fight. ;)

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 09:50 PM
Hockey fights are awesome....

Getting kicked in the shins in soccer...not so much...

This is cool though...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M8azWo16-H4&search=shin%20kick

SoonerInKCMO
6/15/2006, 09:53 PM
Hockey fights are awesome....

Getting kicked in the shins in soccer...not so much...

This is cool though...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M8azWo16-H4&search=shin%20kick

Man... I thought that was going to be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-ZGdR63pI

GhostOfJAS
6/15/2006, 10:28 PM
Any sport that has box score entries like "Agust&#237;n Delgado (ECU) scores a goal, assisted by Edison M&#233;ndez; celebrates by jumping crazy" can't be that bad.

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 10:30 PM
Man... I thought that was going to be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs-ZGdR63pI
Thanks I feel a little sick to my stomach now...lol

BajaOklahoma
6/15/2006, 10:35 PM
One of the reason's I'm starting to like soccer is because all you need is a bunch of people, a field, and a ball.

Just keep in mind - no matter how tough a hockey player might be, he's still wearing pads when he gets in a fight. ;)

Inline hockey - no pads. Supposedly not as dangerous - the older kid made three trips to the ER by ambulance. He did manage to get a whorn kicked out of the league for a year though. :D
It is illegal to fight in hockey, but there are rules on how to fight. Very strange.

OUinFLA
6/15/2006, 10:39 PM
What I really dont like about soccor or hockey is pretty basic.

NO CHEERLEADERS! :mad:

snp
6/15/2006, 10:56 PM
Hockey sucks. Any sport that can't be played in 75% of our country is not a sport worthy of American interest. You're only allowed to like hockey if you live in an igloo or you have a pet penguin.

Soccer should be left to fairly hot girls who want to play sports, but aren't masculine enough to share a locker room with basketball and softball players. Kinda like beach volleyball without a net.

Without a net? What type of moon soccer have you been watching? There's nets at both sides of the field.

royalfan5
6/15/2006, 11:09 PM
Hockey sucks. Any sport that can't be played in 75% of our country is not a sport worthy of American interest. You're only allowed to like hockey if you live in an igloo or you have a pet penguin.

Without a net? What type of moon soccer have you been watching? There's nets at both sides of the field.
A pet penguin would be sweet. I bet it would be an even better wingman than dog.

snp
6/15/2006, 11:55 PM
No girl can resist the power of the penguin.

85sooners
6/20/2006, 03:34 PM
HOCKEY=IGNORANCE

picasso
6/20/2006, 03:38 PM
http://www.affichescinema.com/insc_y/youngblood.jpg
hehe.