PDA

View Full Version : Game times set

Flagstaffsooner
6/14/2006, 12:06 AM
Bedlam time set

NORMAN (AP) - The Bedlam football game between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be televised on national cable, the schools announced Tuesday.
The game will be played over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend for the second straight year and be televised on Fox Sports Net. Game time is set for 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 25. The game has been on ABC the past three years.
Times also were announced for Oklahoma's season opener against Alabama-Birmingham on Sept. 2 and the Sooners' game against Washington on Sept. 9.
TBS will televise the Oklahoma-UAB game nationally at 6 p.m. The following week, Oklahoma and Washington will play at 2:30 p.m. on ABC.
"Within the bounds of our conference contracts, we always put forth our best effort when it comes to kickoff times," Oklahoma athletic director Joe Castiglione said in a statement. "To the extent that we can positively influence the decision-making process, we have. We are delighted with the times we have been given to this point.
"The exposure afforded our program through network and national cable games is of tremendous value to us in so many ways."
Oklahoma State athletic director Mike Holder was out of the office Tuesday.
Earlier, it was announced that Oklahoma will play Oregon at 2:30 p.m. on Sept. 16. Times for Oklahoma's final nonconference game against Middle Tennessee State and the remainder of the Big 12 schedule have not been announced.
Oklahoma State is scheduled to play Houston at 8 p.m. on Sept. 23. None of the Cowboys' other game times have been announced yet.

Jimminy Crimson
6/14/2006, 02:16 AM
1:30?

:les: KISS MY BEHIND!

Collier11
6/14/2006, 04:58 AM
I love how Joe C was against 7pm games cus he said the fans DIDNT want it, especially at texas. Thats a bunch of sh*t. I would love night games and most of the fans I have talked to would to

snp
6/14/2006, 08:33 AM
I love any game time except 11am. Waking up at 8 to start the tailgating sucks when you've been up all night before.

Jimminy Crimson
6/14/2006, 10:43 AM
None of the Cowboys' other game times have been announced yet.

That's cuz they ain't on TV, beeswax! :D

sooneron
6/14/2006, 10:49 AM
We move the game back to turkey weekend and give them their bowl game to be covered by friggin Fox? Brilliance!!!! And no, I don't care if fox is the new bcs channel.

Vaevictis
6/14/2006, 11:56 AM
I like the home games to start at say, 2:00ish, because our section is in the shade by 3:00. :)

OUstud
6/14/2006, 12:03 PM
Afternoon game...in the Stool/Thunderdome/BooneDome...on Thanksgiving weekend...in the past I would say they would give us a fight in their bowl game, but with Gumby leading the way, I say we'll break our Stoolwater jinx and crush them.

Also, how could Joe C. possibly think 11 a.m.>7 p.m.? Can there possibly be more electricity before noon then at night? The K-State game was probably the most rockin' crowd we had outside of the Aggy game, despite the Polar Aggy's inability to even trot a punter onto the field.

goingoneight
6/14/2006, 07:49 PM
Great news! AD breaks free for 50+ yarder TD run before 2:00pm! Who wants in??? :D

RedstickSooner
6/15/2006, 12:25 PM
We move the game back to turkey weekend and give them their bowl game to be covered by friggin Fox? Brilliance!!!! And no, I don't care if fox is the new bcs channel.

When was the last time Fox cut away from an OU game so we could watch a rousing Big-10 matchup?

I will never, ever, ever complain about an OU game being off of ABC.

Flagstaffsooner
6/15/2006, 01:23 PM
When was the last time Fox cut away from an OU game so we could watch a rousing Big-10 matchup?

I will never, ever, ever complain about an OU game being off of ABC.You Sir are correct!

soonerboy_odanorth
6/15/2006, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to remember where I actually read Joe C stating the fans didn't want evening games. I'm especially trying to remember where I actually read Joe C stating that 11am games are preferred by the fans over night games.

I do remember reading him stating that the two schools, Oklahoma and Texas, absolutely are not interested in moving that to a night game. Which I think is with very very good reason... as in the safety of the players, students, and, yes, fans.

I also do remember reading Joe C stating that television exposure by accepting an 11 am "national broadcast" time slot is good for the program. I think the point at large being any television exposure is better than none (if no other time slot is being offered by the network.)

I think you'd find that if ABC, or ESPN, or TBS more regularly were offering prime time slots to OU that we would gladly be accepting of them.

Last I checked, Joe C. doesn't have the pull to tell the networks what time slot they are going to offer the Sooners.

(And really, I'm trying to figure out why so many are cracking Joe C. OUr athletic program has never been in better shape top to bottom.)

Collier11
6/15/2006, 07:47 PM
Im not "cracking" Joe C in general, im just sick and tired of 11am games as are 90% of the OU fans that ive talked to

StoopTroup
6/15/2006, 08:02 PM
Are they going to sell beer inside the stadium yet?

85sooners
6/15/2006, 08:29 PM
11AM SUCKS!!!!!

snp
6/15/2006, 09:42 PM
(And really, I'm trying to figure out why so many are cracking Joe C. OUr athletic program has never been in better shape top to bottom.)

Joe C is not free from criticism. He's had his fair share of blunders.

Horsepigs, 11am games, cracking down on the heckling at baseball games, etc.

goingoneight
6/15/2006, 11:13 PM
When was the last time Fox aired a game without ridiculous racecar sounds, stupid animations, annoying announcers and a reality TV advertising-free environment?
FOX Freakin' sux! They are corny in every sense of the word. The only time I've appreciated anything FOX was the FSN coverage of OUr 2000 games. FSN is alright, FOX... juvenile...

Easy there... ;)

goingoneight
6/15/2006, 11:17 PM
Speaking of the game time... WHO GIVES TWO SH*TS ABOUT THE TIME!?!?!

I'd wake up at 3:00am if I knew the game was on. I'd stay up until I passed OUt to see the game live also... I guess being supportive goes with preference rather than acceptance.

snp
6/15/2006, 11:54 PM
Speaking of the game time... WHO GIVES TWO SH*TS ABOUT THE TIME!?!?!

I'd wake up at 3:00am if I knew the game was on. I'd stay up until I passed OUt to see the game live also... I guess being supportive goes with preference rather than acceptance.

Gee, I don't know. Who here cares about the game time? Here, let me assist you in your quest to find out who cares about the time:

I love how Joe C was against 7pm games cus he said the fans DIDNT want it, especially at texas. Thats a bunch of sh*t. I would love night games and most of the fans I have talked to would to

I love any game time except 11am. Waking up at 8 to start the tailgating sucks when you've been up all night before.

I like the home games to start at say, 2:00ish, because our section is in the shade by 3:00. :)

Also, how could Joe C. possibly think 11 a.m.>7 p.m.? Can there possibly be more electricity before noon then at night? The K-State game was probably the most rockin' crowd we had outside of the Aggy game, despite the Polar Aggy's inability to even trot a punter onto the field.

11AM SUCKS!!!!!

A little reading goes a long way.

And of course all of us would support OU if the game was played at 3am on all of our mother's birthdays, but we still have a right to bitch about the early game time. Not to mention that you'd find that even MORE people would support the team if the game was later in the day.