PDA

View Full Version : So as not to clog the World Cup thread...

GottaHavePride
6/13/2006, 11:23 PM
Any of you guys around Norman get together and play "el futbol" on a for-fun basis? I might be interested. Really out of practice, though. (Well, if I was ever IN practice, or something...)

critical_phil
6/13/2006, 11:26 PM
i call all-time QB!

GottaHavePride
6/13/2006, 11:27 PM
Heh.

critical_phil
6/13/2006, 11:30 PM
GHP, go long.........

on 2, on 2, BREAK!

GottaHavePride
6/14/2006, 12:16 AM
GHP, go long.........

on 2, on 2, BREAK!

¿Que?

Jeopardude
6/16/2006, 04:12 PM
If you don't mind a wheezing myopic asthmatic with no skills, I'd be down for a game. My pal plays Ultimate with some exchange students. Let me see if he knows any games.

Scott D
6/16/2006, 04:13 PM
out..

for obvious reasons :P

GottaHavePride
6/16/2006, 04:17 PM
If you don't mind a wheezing myopic asthmatic with no skills, I'd be down for a game. My pal plays Ultimate with some exchange students. Let me see if he knows any games.

Heh. I know a guy from Panama that would be a perfect connection for finding a game, but he got a job and moved to Texas.

GottaHavePride
6/18/2006, 09:15 PM
So I went by a couple of stores in Norman to pick up a soccer ball (now when I'm bored I can go over to a park and chase it around - you know, since I'm not good enough to keep it in one place) and you know what? The balls all suck! All they have is crappy bottom-end balls, usually smaller than regulation. Bastages. I had to order a decent one off the innerweb.

Soonerus
6/18/2006, 09:19 PM
The field over at the NW corner of Jenkins and Timberdale has lots of pick-up games...some pretty competative...

GottaHavePride
6/18/2006, 09:22 PM
I'll probably need a few weeks to remember what the heck I'm doing first. ;) And if they really get after it, I'll probably need some shinguards.

Scott D
6/18/2006, 09:37 PM
I want to tell you to use a futsal ball which is smaller and heavier than a regular soccer ball.

GottaHavePride
6/18/2006, 11:57 PM
I want to tell you to use a futsal ball which is smaller and heavier than a regular soccer ball.

That would probably be good for practice. Nice suggestion.

GottaHavePride
6/20/2006, 12:14 AM

Oh, and done. I figure having two balls instead of one can't be a bad thing. ;)

BeetDigger
6/21/2006, 04:43 PM
Everytime I see the title of this thread, I chuckle a bit. Thanks GHP. :D

snp
6/21/2006, 10:42 PM
GHP, I'd definately be up for kicking the ball around one of the days. I talked to a dude last night that says the field next to the reserve usually has some pick up games going on. And they're really friendly towards outsiders apparently.

I'll roll wit you.

GottaHavePride
6/21/2006, 10:50 PM
Sweet. Like I said, give me a week or two to get used to it again and I'll give you a peem. Oh, and Soonerus was right about the field at Timberdale and Jenkins (north of the tennis courts). There's a big field with a couple of movable full-size goals. No nets, though.

snp
6/21/2006, 11:07 PM
I live like .2 miles from that area. Usually during the week there are pick up rugby games.

And looks like I had better bust out the ol' ball as well.

Edit: There's a chance you might've actually been to my house. I see that you're in the Phi Mu frat. My next door neighbors had a giant party where like 75 of you guys showed up. I came out and hazed one of your pledges, with permission of course :cool:

GottaHavePride
6/22/2006, 11:08 AM
Heh. If you mean recently, I haven't been to a Phi Mu Alpha function in a while. I was never much of one for the huge parties. ;)