PDA

View Full Version : The Economist

royalfan5
6/13/2006, 09:24 PM
The Econmist is probably my favorite non-skin magazine. It's chock full of information, but I think the real key to it's greatness is the fact that it has the best caption writers in the business.
ex. The caption above an article on people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge reads:Making Suicide less easy might be a good idea.Discuss

and then on the actual picture of the bridge the caption reads:Too Easy to Jump from.

Any it's a great magazine, and if more South Ovalities read it, the level of political discourse would be raised a Great deal.

OUinFLA
6/13/2006, 09:28 PM
but then we'd be ...............discussing intelligent things and stuff.
Im kinda happy the way SO is.

dolemitesooner
6/13/2006, 09:30 PM
The Econmist is probably my favorite non-skin magazine. It's chock full of information, but I think the real key to it's greatness is the fact that it has the best caption writers in the business.
ex. The caption above an article on people jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge reads:Making Suicide less easy might be a good idea.Discuss

and then on the actual picture of the bridge the caption reads:Too Easy to Jump from.

Any it's a great magazine, and if more South Ovalities read it, the level of political discourse would be raised a Great deal.
I read it every week for the last 3 years of high school and my freshman year in collage. I loved it.

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 09:31 PM
I get it at work for some reason.

OUinFLA
6/13/2006, 09:51 PM
I got it at work once.
right on top of my desk.

dolemitesooner
6/13/2006, 09:52 PM
I got it at work once.
right on top of my desk.
:eek: what????