PDA

View Full Version : Faith 7 Game: Keith Clark Team MVP

soonerspiff
6/13/2006, 03:54 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet on here, but June 10th was the annual Faith 7 game where the Oklahoma allstars play against the Texas allstars. We ended up winning 87-85, while Keith Clark led Oklahoma guys with 22 points and 10 rebounds.

This is just a link I got real quick off of google: http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5014878

If anyone finds a better article, feel free to post it. Again, this old news I know, but I thought I'd post it just in case you missed it.

Pretty impressive for us to win against a state litterally over 6 times our population :texan:

King Crimson
6/13/2006, 04:00 PM
this is the Joklahoman article: ironic James decided not to play...Mister Big Time is too big for Faith 7, now. though, he was on the Texas roster. nice line for Ben Uzoh. Good luck to him at TU....mighta have been a nice get if we had pulled the trigger...but he made the decision that was right for him instead of playing the waiting game amidst the nonsense of April and May. and good for him.

By Zach West
Staff Writer

SHAWNEE - Leading by four points with 30 seconds left, Texas was on the verge of its third straight Faith 7 victory.

Show Video

But Keith Clark would have none of it. With a layup, a monstrous dunk, and a forced jump ball in the closing moments Saturday night, the Oklahoma signee helped turn a four-point deficit into an 87-85 Oklahoma victory in the 41st annual showdown between Texas and Oklahoma All-Star basketball teams.

"They just gave me the green light, and I said, 'let's go,' " said Clark, the former Putnam City high school star. "They put it on my shoulders, so I went ahead and just took over."

Clark's late surge kept Oklahoma from blowing a game in which it lead most of the way. Up by eight entering the fourth quarter, Oklahoma came out sloppy, turning the ball over numerous times and committing several offensive fouls to let Texas back in the game. Texas lead by as many as six, but Clark re-entered with 5½ minutes left.

"Keith's one of those guys who can put it in a special gear when he wants to, and he did it tonight," Oklahoma coach Bob Weckstein said.

And put it in gear he did. First, Clark put back an Ekpe Udoh free-throw miss, bringing Oklahoma within two. On the following in-bounds pass, Udoh, a Michigan signee, stole the ball and dished to Clark, who slammed it home. Then, as Texas had the ball and a chance to win, Clark forced the jump ball, giving Oklahoma one last shot in regulation.

Clark didn't do it all by himself, however.

Lawton MacArthur's Reggie Cook put back an Udoh miss with no time left on the clock to push Oklahoma over the top.

"I knew (Udoh) was going to shoot, so I just ran down there to get the rebound," Cook said. "I wasn't sure it was good until I turned around and everybody was jumping."

Clark, who finished with 22 points and 10 rebounds, was name Oklahoma's Most Valuable Player. It was only fitting, seeing as how he was the most high profile recruit to play.

Oklahoma State signee Obi Muonelo pulled out of the event, reportedly to health issues. Former OU commitment Damion James, now a Texas signee, also did not play.

"I just don't see why they don't want to come and play in a game to raise money for a good cause," Clark said.

"I honestly think they would have had fun. I just love to play ball, period."

Ben Uzoh, a Tulsa commitment from Earl Warren High School in Texas, was name Most Valuable Player for Texas. Uzoh finished with 21 points and 10 rebounds.

Oklahoma leads the series 26-16. Texas had won two straight.

http://newsok.com/article/186890...ports/main

Rhino
6/14/2006, 01:09 AM
I meant to mention this the other day.

Way to go, Moose!

Collier11
6/14/2006, 03:46 AM
"I just don't see why they don't want to come and play in a game to raise money for a good cause," Clark said.

"I honestly think they would have had fun. I just love to play ball, period."

Two statements that I love to hear, the kid loves playin ball and he is aware that sometimes basketball means so much more to others. Pretty selfless, I hope he remains like that in the lime-light

Newbomb Turk
6/14/2006, 11:04 AM
Has Clark qualified yet?

King Crimson
6/14/2006, 12:04 PM
Has Clark qualified yet?

the illuminati at OUInsider's LNC board seem to think he took his flagged re-test on Saturday. results pending.

Rhino
6/14/2006, 12:22 PM
FWIW, Keith's mom said a couple weeks ago that he qualified.

jdsooner
6/15/2006, 05:07 PM
We may have lost some recruits, but I like the attitude of the recruits that have stayed with us!

LilSooner
6/15/2006, 06:53 PM
I love it. I wanted to kill those bastards who kept saying Moose was a brat and a self centered player. Of course I'm biased and was right. See I told you guys he was a good kid.

He will be attending OU next year. Count on it.

Newbomb Turk
6/16/2006, 11:19 AM
Good to hear Lil. Hope you're right about all of that.

stoopified
6/21/2006, 04:36 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet on here, but June 10th was the annual Faith 7 game where the Oklahoma allstars play against the Texas allstars. We ended up winning 87-85, while Keith Clark led Oklahoma guys with 22 points and 10 rebounds.

This is just a link I got real quick off of google: http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5014878

If anyone finds a better article, feel free to post it. Again, this old news I know, but I thought I'd post it just in case you missed it.

Pretty impressive for us to win against a state litterally over 6 times our population :texan:cool thanks ,maybe we are not totally devoid of hope next season.