PDA

View Full Version : Runnels signs 4 year deal with the Bears

soonerdenver
6/13/2006, 10:55 AM
Just found this article...congrats J.D.!

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/cs-0606130178jun13,1,640380.story?coll=cs-football-print

Partial Qualifier
6/13/2006, 01:03 PM
Way to go, JD!!

Flagstaffsooner
6/13/2006, 01:15 PM
"It's a privilege to be here, so I wouldn't dream of holding out," Runnels said.
Need more of that attitude in the NFL. Good luck JD!

TexanSooner420
6/13/2006, 01:17 PM
Runnels was a machine at OU and I'm sure he'll do even better as a pro. Good luck J.D.

sooneron
6/13/2006, 01:51 PM
Great for him, his attitude is what made him special at OU.

Dances with Possums
6/13/2006, 02:46 PM
I liked him, too ---- and I am a 'Horn.

Always seemed classy to me.

Herr Scholz
6/13/2006, 02:53 PM
Peterson will miss him this season.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/13/2006, 03:39 PM
Peterson will miss him this season.

We all will, dude.

:(

ouradu
6/13/2006, 03:49 PM
Chicago is beginning to look like OU2

Jello Biafra
6/13/2006, 03:50 PM
and I am a 'Horn.

that's your problem. I think they make a creme for that now....

IronSooner
6/13/2006, 04:00 PM
Sweet, glad to hear it. He's been great to have around since before Day 1 at OU, all the best to that guy. And watching Chicago just gets more fun by the day.

SoonerJLB
6/13/2006, 04:34 PM
You gotta love JD! Way to go.

GottaHavePride
6/13/2006, 04:43 PM
Woo! It's almost enough to make me watch the NFL next year.

swardboy
6/13/2006, 05:10 PM
Four years! Da Bears must seriously love on JD...it's gonna be fun seeing him catch that pigskin. Stay healthy!

soonernation
6/13/2006, 05:14 PM
Chicago is beginning to look like OU2

Except for that fag dope smokin whorn they drafted last year.

IronHorseSooner
6/13/2006, 05:22 PM
DD, Tommy, Bradley, and now JD. Are there any other teams with that many Sooners? The Ravens have Cody, Clayton, and Kelly Gregg. The Bucs have Donte Nicholson, Davin Joseph, and Cory Ivey (I think).

GottaHavePride
6/13/2006, 05:29 PM
Tennessee had a few, I think.

IronHorseSooner
6/13/2006, 05:40 PM
Tennessee had a few, I think.

I know that they have Brandon Jones and Andre Woolfolk. Is there anybody else? It's getting harder to name teams without a Sooner. I know that neither Super Bowl team had one. I don't believe there is one on the Bills, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Rams, Vikings, Dolphins, Chargers, Eagles, Giants, Pats, and Bengals.

Salt City Sooner
6/13/2006, 11:43 PM
DD, Tommy, Bradley, and now JD. Are there any other teams with that many Sooners? The Ravens have Cody, Clayton, and Kelly Gregg. The Bucs have Donte Nicholson, Davin Joseph, and Cory Ivey (I think).
The Raven's lead w/ 5 as far as I can tell. Ivey's now there, & don't forget they also drafted Chris Chester.

Cleveland's also got a good OU flavor, with Perk, Pool, & Wilson.

Herr Scholz
6/14/2006, 09:08 AM
Except for that fag dope smokin whorn they drafted last year.
The Bears also have a certain Longhorn Pro Bowl DB named Vasher.

southern sooner
6/14/2006, 02:37 PM
he is such a great kid and has gone through a lot, i am so glad to see he is going to get paid like a champ... good for him

soonernation
6/14/2006, 04:03 PM
The Bears also have a certain Longhorn Pro Bowl DB named Vasher.

It's good to hear Ced has someone to bump ***** with.

Herr Scholz
6/14/2006, 04:04 PM
It's good to hear Ced has someone to bump ***** with.
Yeah, well I'm sure he won't be hanging out with Dusty. Everyone's seen how he treats his friends.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/14/2006, 04:11 PM
Yeah, well I'm sure he won't be hanging out with Dusty. Everyone's seen how he treats his friends.

Watch it, whorn.

Don't make me send you on another vacation.

You = warned.

the_ouskull
6/15/2006, 02:05 PM

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/238398.jpg

http://gallery.mostvaluablenetwork.com/d/2118-1/dusty20dvoracek.jpg

Top to bottom: Butch. Vincent Vega.

Vincent Vega goes up to Butch at the bar]

Cedric: What're you looking at, friend?
Dusty Vega: I ain't your friend, palooka.
Cedric: What did you say?
Dusty Vega: I think you heard me just fine, punchy.

the_ouskull

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 02:21 PM

Jason Klotz's girlfriend probably deserved to have her head slammed into the window of the car....don't ya think? and Klotz sat out how long?

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 02:41 PM
Jason Klotz's girlfriend probably deserved to have her head slammed into the window of the car....don't ya think? and Klotz sat out how long?
You're right. He should have gotten a medical redshirt for his "affliction" of anger management. I mean, you can't blame him. It's a disease after all. The OU way!

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 02:48 PM
you are kind of missing the point: DD sat out a year and did something about it--if you want to bash the medical redshirt...that's one issue. but it's a secondary one to DD being removed from the team initially.

what did Klotz do? he physically abused his girlfriend.....did he miss a game?

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 02:52 PM
you are kind of missing the point: DD sat out a year and did something about it--if you want to bash the medical redshirt...that's one issue. but it's a secondary one to DD being removed from the team initially.

what did Klotz do? he physically abused his girlfriend.....did he miss a game?
Apples and oranges. Klotz was dealt with both on the team and within the criminal justice system. I'm not excusing what he did but it was a momentary loss of control in an otherwise spotless collegiate career. Dusty had numerous instances where his rage and alcohol abuse came into play. His almost murdering his childhood friend was simply the last straw. And yes, that redshirt was f-in ridiculous. He would've never made it back onto the team if you weren't thin at DT and you know it.

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 03:02 PM
Apples and oranges. Klotz was dealt with both on the team and within the criminal justice system. I'm not excusing what he did but it was a momentary loss of control in an otherwise spotless collegiate career. Dusty had numerous instances where his rage and alcohol abuse came into play. His almost murdering his childhood friend was simply the last straw. And yes, that redshirt was f-in ridiculous. He would've never made it back onto the team if you weren't thin at DT and you know it.

so, it's a "momentary loss of control" argument to beat a woman? nice.

i guess it's OK every once in a while. i'd listen to what you have to say and i respect you more than most on this board....but when you use the word "murdering" that's just inflammatory nonsense.

did his childhood friend or family press charges even as misdemeanor assault?

OU was actually not that thin at DT with Ah-You and Thibideaux. so, yer assertion that "and you know it" rings false.

dig?

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 03:08 PM
did his childhood friend or family press charges even as misdemeanor assault?
Tell me the next time you get put into the hospital with a fractured skull and let me know if it's all well and good with you and that it was simply a misdemeanor. That's a far cry from slapping a girl a single time (not beating a woman as you so "objectively" put it).

U was actually not that thin at DT with Ah-You and Thibideaux. so, yer assertion that "and you know it" rings false.
Both DEs. You were thin at DT last year and everybody on this board admitted as much. Don't give me that bull.

CincySooner
6/15/2006, 03:10 PM
Ah-You is a DE.

soonerboomer93
6/15/2006, 03:11 PM
Jason Klotz is a whorn, and I therefore must defend him.

fixed it for you

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 03:19 PM
i believe slamming her head against a car window does not equal "slapping".

so, Herr....yer point is that OU is corrupt in some way with Dvorocek being kicked off the team after the incident by the head Coach (and you refuse to answer the question as to whether the family pressed charges--they didn't)....but UT is ethical as always in it's handling of the Klotz situation?

hornfans is for you.

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 03:32 PM
i believe slamming her head against a car window does not equal "slapping".
Link? No? Thought so. Not what happened. Get all your inside scoop information from the internet?

so, Herr....yer point is that OU is corrupt in some way with Dvorocek being kicked off the team after the incident by the head Coach (and you refuse to answer the question as to whether the family pressed charges--they didn't)....but UT is ethical as always in it's handling of the Klotz situation?
Learn to read. I said I didn't condone what Klotz did. I merely pointed out that it was an isolated incident, unlike Dusty who was a repeat violent offender. And I said nothing about Stoops kicking him off the team, but rather the blatant and shameful manner in which Stoops worked the system and fenagled him back onto the team when you had obvious D-line issues.

No, the family didn't press charges. They should've.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/15/2006, 03:34 PM
*Watching intently...*

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 03:36 PM
Link? .

No, the family didn't press charges. They should've.

link? back at ya.....and none of the Longhorn pravda.

i'm glad that you feel qualified to speak for the family. talk about a self-appointed internet hero.

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 03:52 PM
link? back at ya.....and none of the Longhorn pravda.
USA Today, ESPN and the rest all say the same thing. "Jason Klotz, a senior center on Texas' basketball team, has been charged with misdemeanor assault after allegedly striking his girlfriend during an argument last month." Nothing I've ever read or heard ever said "slammed her head against the window".

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2004-08-03-berryman-notes_x.htm

It's you who has the credibility gap on this one. You repeated that line "slammed her head". Put up or shut up. That's what I thought.

i'm glad that you feel qualified to speak for the family. talk about a self-appointed internet hero.
If my son ever gets his head cracked, I'm going to be pressing charges, I can tell you that. But to each their own.

King Crimson
6/15/2006, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1865785

"Klotz's girlfriend Mona Rhodes told police they argued inside his car on July 3. She said Klotz slapped her and punched her in the face and that she fought back."

i thought it was just "slapping". he punched her in the face. if i had a daughter who had a 7 foot guy punch her in the face the last of that guy's worries would be me pressing charges.

right or wrong, i read the window stuff at hornfans.com right when it first happened when i used to go there. believe it or not.

"In a prepared statement, Texas coach Rick Barnes said he would monitor the situation closely but did not say if Klotz faced any discipline from within the basketball program."

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 04:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1865785

"Klotz's girlfriend Mona Rhodes told police they argued inside his car on July 3. She said Klotz slapped her and punched her in the face and that she fought back."
OK yes, hit and slapped. Still waiting on the "slammed her head against the window" link. You said that numerous times. Still waiting.

right or wrong...
Uhh, you would be wrong. Spreading lies about Klotz on the internet out of ignorance.

Herr Scholz
6/15/2006, 04:15 PM
And you're such the concerned parent now, you think it's right to let a person get off scot free from the law after breaking your son's head? Oh wait, if he's a Sooner football player, it's OK, right? That wouldn't anger you? Getting a red face is worse than having your skull fractured? Jeheebus. :rolleyes:

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/15/2006, 04:20 PM
This is like arguing over who's turd stinks the worst.

It doesn't matter - both dudes screwed-up. Both were dealt with.

And neither of us have any right to criticize how they were disciplined. We both have those that should have been kicked the h3ll out of school - much less off the team.

I'm just trying to settle this down a bit before someone gets baned.

And by 'someone' I mean 'the whorn'...

Oh, wait...carry on. :D

Big Red Ron
6/15/2006, 05:34 PM
Let's just say Jason Klotz is no Renzi Stone, on or off the court. K?

the_ouskull
6/15/2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by some Whorn f*ck that thinks he runs this board: Link? No? Thought so. Not what happened. Get all your inside scoop information from the internet?

Uh... Were YOU at Bison's the night that this altercation between Dusty and his friend happened? Didn't think so. Do you get all your "inside scoop" info from Hornfans.com?

The guy fell, after a hard shove, hit his head, and THAT is what cracked his dome. It's not like Dusty ripped a brick out of the wall and hit his boy over the head with it...

*ss.

the_ouskull