PDA

View Full Version : Bush is in Iraq..

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 10:29 AM
Sneaky Sneaky...

White House loaded press corps onto bus to go see Bush at Camp David, then when bus left -- announced he was in Iraq!http://www.drudgereport.com/

Scott D
6/13/2006, 10:33 AM
and ironically nobody in Iraq cares just like nobody in the US cares ;)

IronSooner
6/13/2006, 10:38 AM
Apparently Bush dislikes Camp David slightly more than Iraq. I guess it reminds him of Midland.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/13/2006, 10:42 AM
How out of character for him to be in harm's way! Why, he's the frat boy who "avoided the draft"(unlike John Kerry, who was in Vietnam, you know), by joining the National Guard. Of course, the Guard is just like NOT SERVING your country. Maybe he's trying to "make up" for his earlier shortcomings as a military pilot in the Guard?

Mjcpr
6/13/2006, 10:48 AM
Of course, the Guard is just like NOT SERVING your country.

You know, I'm not arguing for or against anyone that you're bashing, but this statement is retarded. Are there not NG troops in Iraq right now fighting and dying?

Fugue
6/13/2006, 10:56 AM
You know, I'm not arguing for or against anyone that you're bashing, but this statement is retarded. Are there not NG troops in Iraq right now fighting and dying?

did Alberto get your sarcasm detector?

6/13/2006, 10:57 AM
You know, I'm not arguing for or against anyone that you're bashing, but this statement is retarded. Are there not NG troops in Iraq right now fighting and dying?HAHA-very cute.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 10:58 AM
W rocks.

Vaevictis
6/13/2006, 10:59 AM
Mjcpr, yeah, there are, but there weren't any national guard troops in Vietnam back in the day. Back then, for people who didn't have any other deferments available to them, the Guard was seen as a good way of staying out of harms way. (assuming you could get in to it, apparently, there was a huge waiting list that a certain person was able to get around for "unknown" reasons).

As far as Bush being in harms way is concerned, I'd put the danger scale of an in-and-out of Iraq before anyone knows it (ie, the five hour trip it was expected to be) at about the same level as a scheduled public appearance in the USA.

(not to take away the troop morale value of visiting Iraq and inspecting the troops, because that *is* important, but making a five hour suprise visit leaves no time for operational planning on the baddies' part. A public appearance in the US is going to have similar levels of security, but it's going to be scheduled weeks out, so there will be time for operational planning for those)

C&CDean
6/13/2006, 11:03 AM
Pat got pwned. By Tuba Jr. I'm cracking up.

Scott D
6/13/2006, 11:09 AM
How out of character for him to be in harm's way! Why, he's the frat boy who "avoided the draft"(unlike John Kerry, who was in Vietnam, you know), by joining the National Guard. Of course, the Guard is just like NOT SERVING your country. Maybe he's trying to "make up" for his earlier shortcomings as a military pilot in the Guard?

being in harm's way would be announcing you are going there, and having a huge grand trip planned and then following that trip to the T. Surprize morale trips aren't so much in harm's way as that.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 11:09 AM
Let me just sum this up real quick - W Rocks! He's monkeyf*cked you Dems three times nationally (2000, 2002, 2004 elections) and twice in Texas (1994 and 1998). He's 5-0 against you. You'll never have a winning record against him. Game over.

So, it's okay to be for America, Dems. Just go ahead and say it, "Hooray, America! Hooray, Zarqawi death!" There was a military before Bush and there will be one after Bush. It's okay to support it during the Bush years, guys.

Iraq is free and going through the growing pains of beginning a Democracy. Ours took about 10-15 years back in the 18th century. It's not perfect. It's great that Bush is over there representing. He's a fine man, doing a fine job in a tough world off monkeyscrewing muslims.

Viva Bush!

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2006, 11:28 AM
"When America makes a promise, it keeps that promise" GWB

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 11:30 AM
Mjcpr, yeah, there are, but there weren't any national guard troops in Vietnam back in the day. Back then, for people who didn't have any other deferments available to them, the Guard was seen as a good way of staying out of harms way.

The NG didn't serve in Vietnam huh?

Wow.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good argument much, do you? You and CBS news have a lot in common when it comes to this story it seems.

6/13/2006, 11:37 AM
Pat got pwned. By Tuba Jr. I'm cracking up.You will have to give credit to Rush Limbaugh, since Tuba Jr. is incapable of thought. Wait, Rush isn't even on air yet.

Scott D
6/13/2006, 11:44 AM
You will have to give credit to Rush Limbaugh, since Tuba Jr. is incapable of thought. Wait, Rush isn't even on air yet.

I'm impressed that you are now Tuba Jr...that is some interesting chronological genetics involved in that ;)

IronSooner
6/13/2006, 11:46 AM
I suppose belated congrats are in order for Tuba?

6/13/2006, 11:47 AM
I'm impressed that you are now Tuba Jr...that is some interesting chronological genetics involved in that ;)We must grudgingly agree on some things.

Soonrboy
6/13/2006, 11:47 AM
Let me just sum this up real quick - W Rocks! He's monkeyf*cked you Dems three times nationally (2000, 2002, 2004 elections) and twice in Texas (1994 and 1998). He's 5-0 against you. You'll never have a winning record against him. Game over.

So, it's okay to be for America, Dems. Just go ahead and say it, "Hooray, America! Hooray, Zarqawi death!" There was a military before Bush and there will be one after Bush. It's okay to support it during the Bush years, guys.

Iraq is free and going through the growing pains of beginning a Democracy. Ours took about 10-15 years back in the 18th century. It's not perfect. It's great that Bush is over there representing. He's a fine man, doing a fine job in a tough world off monkeyscrewing muslims.

Viva Bush!

did anyone say they were against the troops? Maybe I missed a post.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2006, 11:50 AM
I suppose belated congrats are in order for Tuba?

Congratulations!! It's a broad generalizing boy!

;)

TexasLidig8r
6/13/2006, 11:51 AM
It's a tuba fest here now.

http://www.olddamband.com/images/Gifs/cartoon%202.gif

KaiserSooner
6/13/2006, 11:56 AM
"When America makes a promise, it keeps that promise" GWB

Oh boy, W quotes...

"Strategery"

and

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."—Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000

6/13/2006, 11:57 AM

http://www.olddamband.com/images/Gifs/cartoon%202.gifGary Larsen is one funny dude!

KaiserSooner
6/13/2006, 11:57 AM
did anyone say they were against the troops? Maybe I missed a post.

No, but it makes right-wingers feel good to think liberals are against America.

Mjcpr
6/13/2006, 11:58 AM
did Alberto get your sarcasm detector?
Apparently.

:confused:

slickdawg
6/13/2006, 12:10 PM
I thought it meant death if you showed your bush in public in Iraq?

IronSooner
6/13/2006, 12:11 PM
I think it has to be for more than 5 hours. Under 5 and you're not at such a risk.

BoomerJack
6/13/2006, 12:12 PM
Pres. G Dub makes an unannounced trip to Iraq. Just watch. His job appoval ratings will go up for leaving the country.

Scott D
6/13/2006, 12:12 PM
Pres. G Dub makes an unannounced trip to Iraq. Just watch. His job appoval ratings will go up for leaving the country.

haha best post in the thread by far.

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 12:25 PM
No, but it makes right-wingers feel good to think liberals are against America.

I can't imagine why anyone would think Libz are against America. (http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0313-01.htm) :cool:

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 12:26 PM

http://www.olddamband.com/images/Gifs/cartoon%202.gif

Makes me chortle every time. :D

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2006, 12:32 PM
Oh boy, W quotes...

"Strategery"

and

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."—Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000Your right...yuck, yuck [slap knee]:rolleyes:

walkoffsooner
6/13/2006, 12:37 PM
I didn't vote for Bush but I support him 100% because he is my president.I 'm glad he went to give support to the troops they need all they can get. War time is no time to bash anyone involved pull together and get through it.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 12:41 PM
Peace.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 12:42 PM
Piece.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 12:42 PM
Peas.

KaiserSooner
6/13/2006, 12:43 PM
Your right...yuck, yuck [slap knee]:rolleyes:

Yeah, I knew you'd enjoy it. Here's another...

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., 5 August (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_5) 2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004)

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 12:46 PM
I didn't vote for Bush but I support him 100% because he is my president.I 'm glad he went to give support to the troops they need all they can get. War time is no time to bash anyone involved pull together and get through it.

Amen.

SCOUT
6/13/2006, 12:48 PM
Oh boy, W quotes...

"Strategery"

and

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."—Second presidential debate, Oct. 11, 2000

Actually, strategery is a Will Ferrell quote. It is funny though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategery

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 12:51 PM
Lockbox

KABOOKIE
6/13/2006, 01:04 PM
idear. :rolleyes:

Wow. Politicians saying something stupid. Kaiser must have been born tomorrow. :D

NormanPride
6/13/2006, 01:14 PM
Hot carl?

85Sooner
6/13/2006, 01:52 PM
How come everytime I see a car with a kerry sticker or an anti W sticker they usually have another like My other car is a "picture of spaceship" or the car is an absolute piece of Sh!t.

KaiserSooner
6/13/2006, 02:41 PM
Actually, strategery is a Will Ferrell quote. It is funny though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategery

Yeah, I knew it was from SNL. The sad thing is that it is so much like something that W, the brainless dunderhead, would say.

KaiserSooner
6/13/2006, 02:45 PM
idear. :rolleyes:

Wow. Politicians saying something stupid. Kaiser must have been born tomorrow. :D

;)

It really isn't so much a matter of saying something stupid as it is having an elementary command of the English language.

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah, I knew it was from SNL. The sad thing is that it is so much like something that W, the brainless dunderhead, would say.

So basically, Bush didn't say that, before he said it?

Sounds like John F. Kerry explaining his voting record.

slickdawg
6/13/2006, 02:55 PM
How come everytime I see a car with a kerry sticker or an anti W sticker they usually have another like My other car is a "picture of spaceship" or the car is an absolute piece of Sh!t.

HE-MAN, MASTER OF HIS OWN LITTLE UNIVERSE!

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0729/3593156.jpg

6/13/2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I knew it was from SNL. The sad thing is that it is so much like something that W, the brainless dunderhead, would say.I am flabbergasted that you guys act like you REALLY DO think he's stupid. No wonder you're disbelieving all the elections you guys have lost in recent years. "Those stupid Americans-how could they vote for idiot repubs.-THE ELECTIONS MUST BE RIGGED! Stupid Bush and/or Chaney did it to us again."-Joe Democrat

JohnnyMack
6/13/2006, 03:30 PM
George W. Bush is the worst extemporaneous speaker I've ever seen as POTUS.

I'm not questioning IQ points, here just making an observation.

6/13/2006, 04:35 PM

I'm not questioning IQ points, here just making an observation.You scored a reality point.

Vaevictis
6/13/2006, 04:39 PM
Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good argument much, do you? You and CBS news have a lot in common when it comes to this story it seems.

Actually, if I'm wrong about something, if it can be shown that I'm wrong, I'll bone up and admit it. In this case, I'm incorrect.

It also helps if someone just points it out, instead of being a pansy-assed fag about it, but hey, I know it's just your way, so I'll just deal.

Sooner in Tampa
6/13/2006, 07:50 PM

I'm not questioning IQ points, here just making an observation.I agree about his orating skills. But hey...we deal with it.

Madd Dawg
6/13/2006, 07:58 PM
Mjcpr, yeah, there are, but there weren't any national guard troops in Vietnam back in the day.

From the guard site:

Twenty Army National Guard units from 17 states were mobilized for service in the Vietnam War on May 13, 1968. Company D (Ranger) of the 151st Infantry, Indiana Army National Guard arrived in the country in December of that year. The Indiana Rangers were assigned reconnaissance and intelligence-gathering missions. Operating deep in enemy territory, Ranger patrols engaged enemy units while conducting raids, ambushes and surveillance missions. "Delta Company" achieved an impressive combat record; unit members earned 510 medals for valor and service.

OklahomaTuba
6/13/2006, 09:36 PM
Actually, if I'm wrong about something, if it can be shown that I'm wrong, I'll bone up and admit it. In this case, I'm incorrect.

It also helps if someone just points it out, instead of being a pansy-assed fag about it, but hey, I know it's just your way, so I'll just deal.

awww, somebody is a wittle cwanky. :D

Anywhoo, sorry if my post destroying your post was a little "over the top". I just get sick of hearing the same anti-Bush Bull**** over and over again that is completly false. This is just one example.

mdklatt
6/13/2006, 09:57 PM

Probably the same reason every vehicle you see with a Republican bumper sticker is a dirty Ford pickup with a broken muffler and a pair of "truck nuts" with trash flying out the bed is it goes down the highway.

usmc-sooner
6/13/2006, 10:16 PM
I'm sure it drives the liberal nuts crazy that W has a higher IQ than Kerry, since they all like to call him dumb. And they voted for the dumbass

usmc-sooner
6/13/2006, 10:25 PM
BTW in 2 terms with Bush, we rid AG of the Taliban, topple Iraq, remove Hussein and his 2 sons from power, take out AZ.

Clinton gave us the leave work act

No wonder the liberals hate his ***.

6/14/2006, 12:36 AM
Clinton gave us the leave work act.HAHA. Quite a legacy. Be sure and vote for his wife in '08, since she'll be getting advice from the wise one.