PDA

View Full Version : The Older Woman. . .

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 06:32 AM
There was an older lady in front of me at the Y the other day. The Y employee woman was trying to find this lady's information and she was having trouble finding it. So she asked her for her birthday, to which she replied "Blah Blah, 1948."

So then she asked the lady to repeat her name. The lady then said "maybe it is under my husband's name." At this point, I recognize the woman's husband's name and think to myself "you have got to be freaking kidding me." The name she gave was the name of this guy who was my boyfriend for about 3 months in 9th grade. I was pretty much convinced it was the same guy because his name is not common at all.

So sure enough, when we get to the pool for our swim class, there is my long-ago ex with his mother and his wife who qualifies for the senior citizen discount at Furr's. I acted like I didn't recognize him because it really freaked me out. I wondered if there would have been a double standard had I run into a girl I knew from junior high who was married to a dude 25 years older than her and I quickly decided that it would still be odd.

Tonight's my last class, I need to decide whether or not I should talk to him.

Sooner24
6/13/2006, 06:44 AM
I could say something here but the neg spek would rain down upon me. :eek:

VeeJay
6/13/2006, 07:08 AM
Exes are the succ.

I hope I never encounter my ex wife at a swimming pool.

LilSooner
6/13/2006, 07:11 AM
why 'cause you might drown her?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 08:03 AM
I could say something here but the neg spek would rain down upon me. :eek:I will say that I don't think someone born in 1948 is old. Also, this woman is very nice. I hope they are happy. In fact, I think tonight I am going to see if they want to take more swim classes with me later in the summer.

24, if you want to send whatever you were gonna say in a PM, please do it. I am interested in what you have to say.

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 08:31 AM
Dont you have to be 60 to get the Senior Citizens discount at Furrs?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 08:38 AM
Dont you have to be 60 to get the Senior Citizens discount at Furrs?Oh good point. They don't ID though.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2006, 08:49 AM
My first question after reading that was: Swim class?

Are you learning to swim for the first time, or did you decide now is a good time to properly learn the butterfly? ;)

Or, is it a pool workout class?

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 08:56 AM
Oh good point. They don't ID though.
They may start when I turn 60. :D

walkoffsooner
6/13/2006, 09:10 AM
would have made a good seinfield show.

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 09:20 AM
would have made a good seinfield show.Especially if the wife doesnt wear a bra. :P

n8v_ndn
6/13/2006, 10:18 AM
If you were a Freshman in high school when you dated and he was in, say, elementary school--he just likes the older women, that's how he rolls...

GottaHavePride
6/13/2006, 11:10 AM

Are you learning to swim for the first time, or did you decide now is a good time to properly learn the butterfly? ;)

Or, is it a pool workout class?

Heh. The butterfly's freakin' hard - I consider myself a pretty good (though out of practice) swimmer and I can't even do the butterfly right.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 11:20 AM

Or, is it a pool workout class?I can get by, I'm just afraid of water that is deeper than about 6 ft. I also never learned how to breathe underwater properly or how to do the strokes.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/13/2006, 11:26 AM
I can get by, I'm just afraid of water that is deeper than about 6 ft. I also never learned how to breathe underwater.

The trick is to inhale deeply.

Just kidding. Get yourself a set of these and you'll be set:

http://trc.ucdavis.edu/mjguinan/apc100/modules/Respiratory/gill/images/gill03.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
6/13/2006, 11:27 AM
I also never learned how to do the strokes.

:eddie: your boyfriend must be a sad feller!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 11:28 AM
The trick is to inhale deeply.

Just kidding. Get yourself a set of these and you'll be set:

http://trc.ucdavis.edu/mjguinan/apc100/modules/Respiratory/gill/images/gill03.jpgI'm better now. I'll graduate to Guppie, no problem. ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2006, 11:30 AM
I can get by, I'm just afraid of water that is deeper than about 6 ft. I also never learned how to breathe underwater properly or how to do the strokes.

Well, good for you! Next you should tackle scuba diving. It's amazing.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 11:32 AM
Well, good for you! Next you should tackle scuba diving. It's amazing.Baby steps. I'm snorkeling and kayaking later this week.

IronSooner
6/13/2006, 11:33 AM
I also never learned how to do the strokes.

I think the larger question is, why the hell would you want to?

http://www.showandtellonline.com/images_splash/the_strokes.jpg

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/13/2006, 11:37 AM
I think the larger question is, why the hell would you want to?

http://www.showandtellonline.com/images_splash/the_strokes.jpgooh good question.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 10:01 PM
Ok this is weird. I took my niece to Blockbuster earlier tonight. The ex from junior high was there. I didn't talk to him though. He left before I had the chance.

VeeJay
6/23/2006, 11:12 PM
why 'cause you might drown her?

No. Because we don't usually get along.

Okla-homey
6/24/2006, 07:25 AM
Ok this is weird. I took my niece to Blockbuster earlier tonight. The ex from junior high was there. I didn't talk to him though. He left before I had the chance.

He's stalking you. I'd go ahead and file a restraining order just to be on the safe side.

yermom
6/24/2006, 10:01 AM
nah, she's apparently too young for him :P

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/24/2006, 10:57 AM
They may start when I turn 60. :D

Don't they still ID you for alcohol though too ;) :P