PDA

View Full Version : Critical Legal Question

Pages : [1] 2

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 09:37 PM
Tonight I get home from dinner and my dad tells me this cop left a message on his office machine wanting to speak with me. So I listen to the message and it's this Lt. from the Highland Park Police Department wanting to talk to me about a case I was involved with in 2002.

So this freaks me the hell out so I call her back but she's not there so obviously I leave a message. The fact that the police want to tlak to me freaks me the hell out, so I called the Highland Park Police Department and asked if they could at least tell me what the case was in reference to. Anyway the operator could only tell me that it is a "theft" case and this Lt. is from the criminal divisions department.

Now, I'm COMPLETELY freaking the hell out. I've neither never had anything of value stolen in my entire life nor have I ever EVER stolen anything from anyone. Hell, I've never even been to Highland Park! I've been to Dallas and was in Dallas a few times in 2002, but I was sure as hell never in Highland Park or involved in any shape, form, or fashion with a theft!

Anyway, I'm worried absolutely sick over this. I've got some lawyer friends in Texas and I'm debating calling one of them. Should I wait to see what this is all about or call them immediately and see if they can take care of it?

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 09:41 PM
Hope you like prison boy.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 09:44 PM
Dear God, I'm making myself physically ill over this...

Vaevictis
6/12/2006, 09:46 PM
Generally speaking, you want to be helpful with the police if you can be, but if they still want to talk to you after you tell them:

1. I've never been to Highland Park
2. I don't know anything about any kind of theft or robbery in Highland Park, being that I've never been there.

... well, in that case, you probably want to talk to a lawyer. :p Don't sign anything unless you've read it, especially if it contains the word "waive." Unless you are in the presence of your lawyer, the word "waive" should never pass your lips, nor should it be on any document you pen your name to. Remember, you can exercise your right to remain silent and your right to counsel at any time.

Melo
6/12/2006, 09:46 PM
Dont worry about it, man. If you didnt do anything, you didnt do anything. Just wait and see what they say when they call you back. And if they start accusing of you things, call your lawyers. Simple, no?

Kimberlyz4OU
6/12/2006, 09:48 PM
I agree with Melo, don't worry about it until you talk to them.

Hey, if you've never been to Highland Park, I mean, really, what could it be?

Do you have a common name?

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 09:48 PM
I've had my fair share of speeding tickets (and the fair share of a few other people too), but I have never ever stolen anything. I'm just flabbergated. And you know this has to be something HUGE if they're investigating this 4 years later!

Plus, it's HIGHLAND PARK. ****, that's not like stealing something in da hood and never even getting the police to take your name. If you stole smething in Higland Park you're in for life buddy!

Melo
6/12/2006, 09:49 PM

This is SO funny if you knew what his name is.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 09:49 PM
I agree with Melo, don't worry about it until you talk to them.

Hey, if you've never been to Highland Park, I mean, really, what could it be?

I definitely do NOT have a common name. In fact, If anone else in the world has my name I can count the number of people who do on one hand.

I'm going to PM you my name just to show you how un-common it is.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 09:50 PM
I've had my fair share of speeding tickets (and the fair share of a few other people too), but I have never ever stolen anything. I'm just flabbergated. And you know this has to be something HUGE if they're investigating this 4 years later!

Plus, it's HIGHLAND PARK. ****, that's not like stealing something in da hood and never even getting the police to take your name. If you stole smething in Higland Park you're in for life buddy!
I told you not to steal that mother ****ers twinkie:twinkies:

Kimberlyz4OU
6/12/2006, 09:50 PM
Hey, just take a deep breath...breathe, exhale, breathe

This time tommorow nite you will be thinking, gah, I let THAT take up space in my brain! It will be okay.

Do you KNOW anybody in Highland Park?

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 09:52 PM
Hey, just take a deep breath...breathe, exhale, breathe
Do you KNOW anybody in Highland Park?

:sigh: I go to Baylor. It's a safe bet that I know someone even if I'm unaware of it.

And I definitely know two people from there, but the idea of them being involved in a theft is laughable.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 09:53 PM
:sigh: I go to Baylor. It's a safe bet that I know someone even if I'm unaware of it.

And I definitely know two people from there, but the idea of them being involved in a theft is laughable.
Unitl they stole those twinkies....they looked yummy

royalfan5
6/12/2006, 09:53 PM
I'm confused was this a case you already had something to do with, or is this something new with an old case. Also, see what happens when you promote states rights, the man comes after you. Anyway I would impart knowledge from my year of law school of I hadn't repressed all of it.

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 09:54 PM
Truth is SicEm, I got busted at Customs last night, and dropped your name as an accompliss, and also told them you might have been involved in some theft in HP a few years back.

Sorry. :O

Kimberlyz4OU
6/12/2006, 09:54 PM
Okay, so scratch the name thing ;)

It's probably just some investigative question, like, did you see a blue pickup at the Quickie Mart on the night of blah, blah, blah.....

OCUDad
6/12/2006, 09:55 PM
SicEm, you don't even know whether they want to interview you as a suspect, a witness, or someone who might know a suspect or a witness. Relax; it will all be OK. Best to be calm when talking to the police anyway.

But just in case, remember -- don't drop the soap.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 09:55 PM
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/uploads/ttw7titmala.jpg

Kimberlyz4OU
6/12/2006, 09:56 PM
How old were you in 2002? Did you have a credit/debit card?

I watch WAY to much CSI

Melo
6/12/2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/uploads/ttw7titmala.jpg

Its kind of mean for you tease SicEm about Twinkies... I saw your post in the BMI thread...

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 09:57 PM
Its kind of mean for you tease SicEm about Twinkies... I saw your post in the BMI thread...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: grrrr:mad:

GDC
Bottom line is don't say **** to a cop unless your attorney is present.

Stanley1
Have you ever left any "bodily fluids" in HP?

You might also talk with Beef.....he went to HP High School I believe, he may have some pull in that area. Just sayin'.

Octavian
change your name and make a run for it

http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/5899/catchme317ws.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Melo
6/12/2006, 09:58 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: grrrr:mad:

Dont you mean gRrrrR!1@!one ?

OUinFLA
6/12/2006, 09:58 PM
Do you remember those two underage honeys that came to your door????

you shoulda paid them.
:D

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 09:59 PM

You might also talk with Beef.....he went to HP High School I believe, he may have some pull in that area. Just sayin'.
:D :D :D heh some pull in the area...laughable

GottaHavePride
6/12/2006, 09:59 PM
And we're not talking white-collar resort prison. Oh no, we're talking Federal Pound-Me-In-The-A5S prison!

I'm not helping, am I? ;)

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:00 PM
Dont you mean gRrrrR!1@!one ?
No i mean :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am getting on the tread mill tommorw ggrrr:mad: :mad: :mad:

dolemitesooner
And we're not talking white-collar resort prison. Oh no, we're talking Federal Pound-Me-In-The-A5S prison!

I'm not helping, am I? ;)
You guys are killing me

SicEmBaylor
How old were you in 2002? Did you have a credit/debit card?

I watch WAY to much CSI

I was 19. I did loan my car out to a friend for a week sometime in '02, but I highly doubt he drove up to Dallas and committed a theft.

I did lose my wallet in 2001 though in Waco. It might be pretty flimsy but perhaps someone found my wallet with the ID and left it wherever they committed a crime at.

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 10:01 PM
:D :D :D heh some pull in the area...laughable

Beef's had alot of "pulls" in alot of places, if ya catch my drift.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:02 PM
I was 19. I did loan my car out to a friend for a week sometime in '02, but I highly doubt he drove up to Dallas and committed a theft.

I did lose my wallet in 2001 though in Waco. It might be pretty flimsy but perhaps someone found my wallet with the ID and left it wherever they committed a crime at.
Man ...you are thinking to hard if you did nothing...The truth will set you free bro

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:02 PM
:D Iv'e heard...roflmafao I cant stop lol

GDC
6/12/2006, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you better be heading for Mexico, in that case.

SicEmBaylor

Not in Higland Park...
If I was leaving bodily fluids with someone from Highland Park then I'd have made damned sure I'm still leaving them with said bodily fluids today. :eek:

Octavian
I was 19. I did loan my car out to a friend for a week sometime in '02

they'll never believe that. :texan:

Kimberlyz4OU
6/12/2006, 10:04 PM
True dat dolemite.......the truth shall set you free.

I repeat, it will be okay, dude

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 10:05 PM
they'll never believe that. :texan:

Heh.

OUinFLA
You might want to pick up some reading material on your way to "the interview". This one looks kinda interesting.

http://www.tookie.com/images/new_cover_life_in_prison.jpg

Melo
No i mean :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I am getting on the tread mill tommorw ggrrr:mad: :mad: :mad:

I think you have some anger issues.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:06 PM
I think you have some anger issues.
:D :D i do :O :D :D :D

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:06 PM
HEY SICEM

John 8:32 -- "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free"

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 10:10 PM
:sigh: Thanks man,

If not..can you get South Oval access in the Big House?

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:11 PM

Ohh yeah ...and stanley, melo , ghp , I and others will bust you out if not:D

OUinFLA
6/12/2006, 10:11 PM
Hey, you could even look at it as an opportunity to learn new skilz.

http://www.emediawire.com/prfiles/2004/12/09/187628/coverfromtami.jpg

royalfan5
6/12/2006, 10:12 PM

If it's your first offense, you can probably plead down to probation if you turn states evidence.

OUinFLA
6/12/2006, 10:13 PM
If you become a SF.com sponsor, I'll suggest that the HMFIC get you a subscription to this as your "sponsor gift".

http://www.philsp.com/data/images/p/prison_life_stories_193509_v1_n1.jpg

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 10:14 PM
If it's your first offense, you can probably plead down to probation if you turn states evidence.

True. Tell em who really killed JFK (if ya know), maybe they'll lighten the sentence. :D

TUSooner
6/12/2006, 10:15 PM
**it's this Lt. from the Highland Park Police Department wanting to talk to me about a case I was involved with in 2002....
HOw were you "involved"?

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:16 PM
HOw were you "involved"?
Thats the thing I don't think he knows

OCUDad
6/12/2006, 10:17 PM
TUSooner, please do not try to inject any logic or reason into this thread when the true purpose is to scare the s**t out of SicEm.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:18 PM
I think he is going to the big house sounds like TROUBLE.(tHATS BIG TROUBLE BY THE WAY)

At least we will have a "inside man"

Melo
6/12/2006, 10:18 PM
TUSooner, please do not try to inject any logic or reason into this thread when the true purpose is to scare the s**t out of SicEm.

I thought the true purpose was to jack the thread asap?

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 10:19 PM
HOw were you "involved"?

I believe we have established that his wallet was found at the scene of the crime, and his car was used in the get away.

jk the sooner fan
jeezus, relax until you talk to them

here's a clue though.....if they mirandize you, then they suspect you of something, no matter how strong or weak

the beauty of that is that you can initially waive your rights to figure out what the hell it is they want........then end the interview at any time by simply saying "i want to speak to a lawyer"

dont utter another sound until you've seen one

Rogue
You should prolly burn your fingertips real bad and cut 'em up and such tonight so that your prints won't match the computer.

TUSooner
6/12/2006, 10:20 PM
Bottom line is don't say **** to a cop unless your attorney is present.
Can't go wrong there. You have the right to remain silent. Exercise it. You don't need a lawyer to button up, but a lawyer can talk to them and see what they want better than you can.

mdklatt
6/12/2006, 10:20 PM
Are you sure somebody's not just screwing with you and this is all a joke? This sounds like something I'd do to my sister.

Actually, it sounds like something I've done to my sister. :D

TUSooner
6/12/2006, 10:21 PM
jeezus, relax until you talk to them

here's a clue though.....if they mirandize you, then they suspect you of something, no matter how strong or weak

the beauty of that is that you can initially waive your rights to figure out what the hell it is they want........then end the interview at any time by simply saying "i want to speak to a lawyer"

dont utter another sound until you've seen one

If you don't know what they are talking about,
say so, and then stop talking. Do not get chatty with them because you want them to like you.
Anything you say can and will be used against you.

If at any point you do not feel free to stop talking and go about your business, OR if they seem
the very least tiny itty bit accusatory, OR if you feel at all uncomfortable -- button up and ask for
a lawyer. If they read you your rights, DEFINITELY button up and demand a lawyer. Anything
you say can and will be used against you.

Stanley1
6/12/2006, 10:22 PM
Your first words when the female cop calls you back probably should NOT be "Sup biotch".

YWIA.

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 10:22 PM
Your first words when the female cop calls you back probably should NOT be "Sup biotch".

YWIA.
:D I WOULD ****ING SAY THAT ****

OUinFLA
6/12/2006, 10:24 PM
Call Lid. He's the Dallas area shyster.
Oh, and you can forget Baylor tuition, just make the check out to Lid.

TUSooner
6/12/2006, 10:32 PM
One of my crimnal law classes was taught by a federal public defender.
Page one of the syllabus said:

"Confession is good for the soul" - St Augustine

Under that it said:

"Nobody talks, nobody gets hurt" -- Al Capone

It was funny at the time.

jk the sooner fan
6/12/2006, 10:34 PM
no offense to the fine lawyers here, but from my side of the room, i've seen attorney muck up some of the simplest situations.......beyond recognition

not every person, nor situation NEEDS a lawyer, sicem seems smart enough to guide himself thru a phone call with the investigator to determine if its something that warrants legal guidance or not

but a carte blanche "call a lawyer immediately" is a bit much

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 10:36 PM
HOw were you "involved"?
I have NO idea! I've never been anything even resembling a theft. That's what freaks me out! If I could trace this to ANYTHING no matter how remote then I might feel better about it. But this like a martian landing from outer space and telling you that you're the heir to the throne of the planet Xenon.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 10:38 PM
Are you sure somebody's not just screwing with you and this is all a joke? This sounds like something I'd do to my sister.

Actually, it sounds like something I've done to my sister. :D

I'm sure. I called the Police Department back and gave them the case number the Lt. left on the machine and they confirmed her identity and told me the case was a "theft."

GDC
The FBI is probably monitoring this message board right now, be careful.

OUinFLA
I have NO idea! I've never been anything even resembling a theft. That's what freaks me out! If I could trace this to ANYTHING no matter how remote then I might feel better about it. But this like a martian landing from outer space and telling you that you're the heir to the throne of the planet Xenon.

Has this happened to you too?:eek:

Jimminy Crimson
6/12/2006, 11:35 PM
When they call, say "Do I hear a tape recorder?", then hang up the phone.

It'll increase suspicion. :D

ChickSoonerFan
6/12/2006, 11:35 PM
Maybe someone mentioned you as their alibi?

Jimminy Crimson
6/12/2006, 11:40 PM
Maybe someone mentioned you as their scapegoat?

:eddie:

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 12:38 AM
Maybe someone mentioned you as their alibi?
I hope not. I can't even remember what I did yesterday much less 2002. I drank a lot in 2002.

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 12:49 AM
I'll let you all know how this goes tomorrow.
If it goes south though, in addition to the internet access that Doleo has kindly provided to offer, I'm going to need some congical visits at some point.

Jimminy Crimson
6/13/2006, 12:53 AM
If it goes south though, in addition to the internet access that Doleo has kindly provided to offer, I'm going to need some congical visits at some point.

Is this pointed at Herr? :eek:

nanimonai
6/13/2006, 01:09 AM
Might want to start figuring out places on your body to hide a shank for your first day on the inside.

Blue
6/13/2006, 01:14 AM
Might want to start figuring out places on your body to hide a shank for your first day on the inside.

Heh. "The trick is to kick somebodys *** the first day or become someones bitch."

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 01:18 AM

YOUR South Oval will be accessed :eek:
You aint gonna need any conjugal vists :eek:
Cause you are already gonna be conjugated :eek:
Was nice knowing you befor you were a CONVICTED FELON ;)

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 01:23 AM
YOUR South Oval will be accessed :eek:
You aint gonna need any conjugal vists :eek:
Cause you are already gonna be conjugated :eek:
Was nice knowing you befor you were a CONVICTED FELON ;)
Normally, I would soo NOT cut you in on that sweet and lucrative financial deal that I stole (probably not the best term to use under the circumstances) out from under Flag. However, due to my respect for your military service I'll sign over the money to you until which time I am out of the slammer and able to take back control of my finances.

However, with this deal comes the obligation of abandoning your support for OU and taking my place in the green and gold.

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 01:30 AM
Normally, I would soo NOT cut you in on that sweet and lucrative financial deal that I stole (probably not the best term to use under the circumstances) out from under Flag. However, due to my respect for your military service I'll sign over the money to you until which time I am out of the slammer and able to take back control of my finances.

However, with this deal comes the obligation of abandoning your support for OU and taking my place in the green and gold.
I know you are skeered now !
It was OUinFLA s money you tried to steal :eek:
Hey theres the answer . You really did E-mail em lol:D
Plus I aint gonna cover your young azz , at the expense Of My Sooners :P

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 01:50 AM
I know you are skeered now !
It was OUinFLA s money you tried to steal :eek:
Hey theres the answer . You really did E-mail em lol:D
Plus I aint gonna cover your young azz , at the expense Of My Sooners :P

'Hah I stand corrected. It was OUinFLA. But it doesn't matter all of you hillbillies are the same.

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 02:07 AM
'Hah I stand corrected. It was OUinFLA. But it doesn't matter all of you hillbillies are the same.
You are so going down ! On Bubba :eek:
Go to he dentist NOW and get retractable teeth :P

oumartin
6/13/2006, 02:16 AM
you do realize that if you are accused of any sorta crime its gonna be on you to clear your own name.
and if you are not clear on a date or time then they are gonna pin this on you. Might wanna start thinkin' about heading for the Mexican Boarder.

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 02:24 AM
With Martins Wife :eek: :D

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 02:48 AM
Someone will need to continue on as "Calhoun" on my blog. Ugh.

oumartin
6/13/2006, 03:10 AM
vet, thats one theft i wouldn't even report. ;)

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 03:13 AM
:eek: :D :D :D ;)

Okla-homey
6/13/2006, 05:05 AM
Just remember, its against the law for a suspect to lie to the cops. Its not against the law for the cops to lie to a suspect.

I prolly wouldn't worry much. If they thought you were involved in something serious, now that they know where you are, by now you would have been picked-up for questioning.

Its probably nothing. Besides, that pesky XIV Amendment guarentees you due process.

Look on the bright side, even if you are mistakenly arrested, tried and convicted, think of the stories you'll have. :D

ouflak
6/13/2006, 05:47 AM
If ... smething in Higland Park, you're in for life buddy!

I wouldn't admit to too much here. I'm betting that smething possesion in Highland Park is pretty serious.

Besides, that pesky XIV Amendment guarentees you due process.

Unless ofcourse he's been declared an 'enemy combatant'. In which case, we will likely be hearing about ole Sic 'Em hanging himself using nothing but a steel mattress and underwear sometime in the next 4 years.

Good luck with all that!

Okla-homey
6/13/2006, 06:17 AM
Unless ofcourse he's been declared an 'enemy combatant'. In which case, we will likely be hearing about ole Sic 'Em hanging himself using nothing but a steel mattress and underwear sometime in the next 4 years.

Good luck with all that!

Naw, Sic'em is a US citizen and therefore has rights under the Constitution --unlike those foreign guests of the US government at Gitmo -- so he's in good shape.;)

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2006, 06:32 AM

ask for some conjugal visits too ;)

AlbqSooner
6/13/2006, 07:03 AM
When cops question a suspect and read them their "Miranda" rights (See Homey's historical thread) the FIRST thing they say is, "You have the right to remain silent."

That is the first thing they say because it is the single most important thing. 90% of the people I represented who were convicted would not have been convicted had they remained silent.

Simply tell the officer who contacts you that you have no information to offer and that you do not wish to make any statement at this time.

GDC
6/13/2006, 07:14 AM
When cops question a suspect and read them their "Miranda" rights (See Homey's historical thread) the FIRST thing they say is, "You have the right to remain silent."

That is the first thing they say because it is the single most important thing. 90% of the people I represented who were convicted would not have been convicted had they remained silent.

Simply tell the officer who contacts you that you have no information to offer and that you do not wish to make any statement at this time.

Exactly, it's always worked for me. Were you ridin' dirty?;)

BoomerJack
6/13/2006, 07:25 AM
As of now, this has all the makings of a Franz Kafka novel.

I'll make sure to follow its progress over the next 24 hours.

It's situations like this that make me thankful for the Fifth Amendment, Miranda warnings and criminal defense attorneys.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2006, 07:30 AM

great advice, but as i said before, sometimes that can create more of a headache

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 08:21 AM
When you talk to the police make yourself presentable. Dont forget to shave, clean your nails, put on some clean slacks, matching socks , a nice pair of loafers and an ironed shirt or polo. It might not hurt to go down today and get a trim. First impressions are important.

Oh, and say "sir" and "ma'am."

If that doesnt work, I'll be your alibi if you help me paint my house this summer. ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
6/13/2006, 08:39 AM
Okay Sic'Em...Did you steal a Sidekick?

Hamhock
6/13/2006, 08:57 AM
Here's the dealio. Cops don't make a lot of money, so this is just someone trying to make some cash on the side.

The first words out of your mouth need to be: "Off the record, (they can't use it against you if you say 'off the record', look officer, I've got a thousand bucks that should just make this all go away".

ywia

TUSooner
6/13/2006, 09:06 AM

Amazing how something so simple is so often ignored.

Stanley1
6/13/2006, 09:11 AM
When you talk to the police make yourself presentable. Dont forget to shave, clean your nails, put on some clean slacks, matching socks , a nice pair of loafers and an ironed shirt or polo. It might not hurt to go down today and get a trim. First impressions are important.

If that doesnt work, I'll be your alibi if you help me paint my house this summer. ;)

As a "mom", I can't believe you missed the most obvious thing..........SicEm, be sure and wear clean underwear.

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 09:15 AM
Here's the dealio. Cops don't make a lot of money, so this is just someone trying to make some cash on the side.

The first words out of your mouth need to be: "Off the record, (they can't use it against you if you say 'off the record', look officer, I've got a thousand bucks that should just make this all go away".

ywiaSic'Em, be real careful what you say. I know this guy that was arrested for DUI on his way home from a college buddys bachelor party. At some point during the arrest, he said to the officer, "What will I have to do to get out of this", meaning, 'Will I have to go before a judge to have bond set, and if so, how long does all that take'? Well, they convicted him for Bribing a police officer, eventhough he didnt even have any cash on him, except for a couple of dollars.

JohnnyMack
6/13/2006, 09:19 AM
ask for some conjugal visits too ;)

He'll have plenty of time to read a dictionary once he's in the clink.

TexasLidig8r
6/13/2006, 09:20 AM
Call Lid. He's the Dallas area shyster.
Oh, and you can forget Baylor tuition, just make the check out to Lid.

hehehe.. for the next three years!

Really pretty simple.. if it were a huge theft case.. they wouldn't bother with a phone call... they'd find out where you were and would have the local genderme pick up yo, "no daincin', turnin' away young yainches at the door, Bear lovin', f'in' hillbilly arse" and would have you extradicted back to Dallas.

Talk to them but try to control the discussion by being the one asking the questions, i.e., "What is this about? How can I be of assistance? Could you give me more information?" Information and knowledge is power.

If they start trying to pin you down by questioning regarding whereabouts, date specific activity, that sort of thing, you then have a pretty good idea that they are trying to lock you up with Andy Dufrene. THEN, get a mouthpiece. The bottom line.. if you think you have to lie to exonerate yourself, don't say anything and get a mouthpiece.

Simple theft is one thing.. a minor misdemeanor.. obstruction of justice is something completely different.

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2006, 09:22 AM
Really pretty simple.. if it were a huge theft case.. they wouldn't bother with a phone call... they'd find out where you were and would have the local genderme pick up yo, "no daincin', turnin' away young yainches at the door, Bear lovin', f'in' hillbilly arse" and would have you extradicted back to Dallas.

exactly, i wondered when somebody else would pick up on that!

BoogercountySooner
6/13/2006, 09:27 AM
Prison's are full of innocent people, just ask em.

Choices to be made start with, "Do you wanna be the Momma or the Daddy"

Good Luck.

Spray
6/13/2006, 09:32 AM
... It might not hurt to go down today and get some trim...

Definitely heed this advice. You may be locked up for a loooong time.

Of course, I'm a little creeped out that Mom suggested this, but hey, she's a groovy chick.

OUDoc
6/13/2006, 09:55 AM
It might not hurt to go down today and get a trim.

Why? Will he be wearing a Speedo during his questioning? :P

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 10:08 AM
As a "mom", I can't believe you missed the most obvious thing..........SicEm, be sure and wear clean underwear.
Actually, I was going to suggest that, but then I figured that maybe dirty underwear would make him less desirable if they keep him overnight. :O

jk the sooner fan
6/13/2006, 10:16 AM
oh i think if he stays over nite, the condition of his underwear wont have much to do with his "desirability"

MamaMia
6/13/2006, 10:20 AM
oh i think if he stays over nite, the condition of his underwear wont have much to do with his "desirability" Hmmm...cant they keep you for 3 days without charging you?

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:48 AM
So, I think I might be okay.

Basically, a guy (a Doctor) who wrote a campaign donation to a campaign that I worked for in 2002 had the routing and account number used to steal funds from him for the past 4 years.

For whatever reason several people mentioned my name when they were questioned on the matter making me, apparently, a top suspect. When I called the cop today I was as honest, direct, and helpful as I could possibly be and she told me that she no longer thought that I was involved but to contact her if I have any additional info.

So I think I am fine.

OUDoc
6/13/2006, 11:53 AM
Nevermind. Reading comprehension is good.

colleyvillesooner
6/13/2006, 11:54 AM
So, I think I might be okay.

Basically, a guy (a Doctor) who wrote a campaign donation to a campaign that I worked for in 2002 had the routing and account number used to steal funds from him for the past 4 years.

For whatever reason several people mentioned my name when they were questioned on the matter making me, apparently, a top suspect. When I called the cop today I was as honest, direct, and helpful as I could possibly be and she told me that she no longer thought that I was involved but to contact her if I have any additional info.

So I think I am fine.

If it took him 4 years to notice, he deserved it. :D

Like Canada Bill Jones said "It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money."

Jimminy Crimson
6/13/2006, 11:55 AM
Why'd you steal the doctors money? :mack:

Scott D
6/13/2006, 11:57 AM
so how long have these funds been missing Doc? and how much will you pay for me to not expose this link between you and SicEm in your money laundering scheme? :D

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:58 AM
By the way, this female cop sonded hawt.
I think I'd hit it.

Jimminy Crimson
6/13/2006, 11:59 AM
I think I'd hit it.

Dude, you don't want battery of an officer on your rap as well as money laundering.

Amateur! :D

OUDoc
6/13/2006, 12:00 PM
so how long have these funds been missing Doc? and how much will you pay for me to not expose this link between you and SicEm in your money laundering scheme? :D
Since SicEm has all my money, I'll let him answer that.

olevetonahill
6/13/2006, 12:00 PM
Why'd you steal the doctors money? :mack:
Heh
So thats where the tuition money came from .

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 12:14 PM
Heh
So thats where the booze and women money came from .

Fixed.

Sooner24
6/13/2006, 12:43 PM
I think I'd hit it.

She's waiting for you SicEm

http://www.suffolkbeast.com/FatCopEating2.jpg

:D

OUinFLA
6/13/2006, 01:59 PM
I think I'd hit it.

How does "hawt" sond?

campaign money laundering????????
did you open an offshore account?

and just how do you go from being a "top suspect" to "no longer thought to be involved" in a matter of one or two days?
and how many "people" implicated you?
oh, and why would they implicate you? are you shifty or something?

Stanley1
6/13/2006, 02:01 PM
are you shifty or something?

You not seen his pic? VERY shifty.

:)

oumartin
6/13/2006, 02:04 PM
when they tell you that they believe you are no longer involved you might as well get an attorney..
your hosed.

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 06:06 PM
How does "hawt" sond?

campaign money laundering????????
did you open an offshore account?

and just how do you go from being a "top suspect" to "no longer thought to be involved" in a matter of one or two days?
and how many "people" implicated you?
oh, and why would they implicate you? are you shifty or something?

It was a pretty long morning-long conservation. I don't know if I was "implicated" or not. I think people just mentioned me as someone who may/did have access to campaign finances.

Anyway, I did a pretty good job listing all of the reasons why I could not have been the one who did it, including but not limited to the fact that I was in Oklahoma on Spring Break my fish year when this first started happening.

Plus, she had some incorrect information as far as my involvement in the campaign. By the end of the conversation I think she was pretty satisfied that I had nothing to do with the situaiton.

After talking to her about the situation though and knowing what I know, I'm 90% sure of who did do it.

Okla-homey
6/13/2006, 10:43 PM
It was a pretty long morning-long conservation. I don't know if I was "implicated" or not. I think people just mentioned me as someone who may/did have access to campaign finances.

Anyway, I did a pretty good job listing all of the reasons why I could not have been the one who did it, including but not limited to the fact that I was in Oklahoma on Spring Break my fish year when this first started happening.

Plus, she had some incorrect information as far as my involvement in the campaign. By the end of the conversation I think she was pretty satisfied that I had nothing to do with the situaiton.

After talking to her about the situation though and knowing what I know, I'm 90% sure of who did do it.

Perhaps she's just giving you a bit of manuevering room to see what you'll do. That's the way I'd play it if I were investigating you.

OUinFLA
6/13/2006, 10:49 PM

If you turn "State's evidence" you have a chance of decreasing your incarceration time? Maybe you can teach Poly-Sci to the inmates. Perhaps you can inspire a future politician.

Okla-homey
6/13/2006, 11:04 PM
On the bright side, he'll never again be able to truthfully respond "No" when asked "Have you ever been investigated for campaign malfeasance?" That's good because it will keep him out of politics and hopefully lead him on a path towards more honorable endeavors.;)

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:45 PM
If you turn "State's evidence" you have a chance of decreasing your incarceration time? Maybe you can teach Poly-Sci to the inmates. Perhaps you can inspire a future politician.

Prison is going to pWn me. I have a small frame and delicate features.

Stanley1
6/13/2006, 11:48 PM
Prison is going to pWn me. I have a small frame and delicate features.

But from your pics, you are used to having things in your mouth, no? :texan:

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:49 PM
On the bright side, he'll never again be able to truthfully respond "No" when asked "Have you ever been investigated for campaign malfeasance?" That's good because it will keep him out of politics and hopefully lead him on a path towards more honorable endeavors.;)

Well, I sincerely hope that is not the case as I'm quite literally incapable of doing anything else. If politics is ruled out then I may have a future of permanent unemployment as a welfare King.

I could possibly make a career out of coaching swimming.
Short of that though, I'm screwed.

There's one minor/major detail to this entire investigation which I have not yet shared with the South Oval because you guys would go CRAZY if you heard it...I'm tempted just to see your reaction, but I definitely know better.
Consider the matter under consideration.

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:51 PM
But from your pics, you are used to having things in your mouth, no? :texan:
:sigh: See, I am setting myself up by saying this but I do enjoy a good cigar in the evenings.

A Cohiba (a non-counterfit please) corona or an H.Upmann (with a connecticut broadleaf wrapper NOT the cameroon wrapper) are my preferred choices.

Stanley1
6/13/2006, 11:53 PM
:sigh: See, I am setting myself up by saying this but I do enjoy a good cigar in the evenings.

A Cohiba (a non-counterfit please) corona or an H.Upmann (with a connecticut broadleaf wrapper NOT the cameroon wrapper) are my preferred choices.

Had my first Cohiba in Mexico this past week. I'm not much of a cigar afficianado, but it was a little strong for my liking.

SicEmBaylor
6/13/2006, 11:56 PM
Had my first Cohiba in Mexico this past week. I'm not much of a cigar afficianado, but it was a little strong for my liking.
But a Cuban Cohiba I assume?

Stanley1
6/13/2006, 11:58 PM
But a Cuban Cohiba I assume?

Yes, sorry.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 12:00 AM
Yes, sorry.
If you brought some back for me then you can enjoy the jail cell next to mine.

Stanley1
6/14/2006, 12:02 AM
If you brought some back for me then you can enjoy the jail cell next to mine.

LOL.....I considered trying to bring one or two back, and claiming ignorance if I got stopped at Customs. Decided not to take that chance. Should have just stuck them in Chick's suitcase. :D

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 12:05 AM
LOL.....I considered trying to bring one or two back, and claiming ignorance if I got stopped at Customs. Decided not to take that chance. Should have just stuck them in Chick's suitcase. :D
If THAT is where you put them then you would have seriously disappointed me.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 12:11 AM
Okay, so I'm going to tell you all this uh little detail about the case but I want preface this by saying a few things first.

1)Nobody else knew this especailly the people who may have mentioned to the police that I, at one time or another, may have had access to campaign funds (Which I never did).
2)I was told this in passing by the cop which made me do a double take and ask again if I heard this correctly because it's pretty bizzare.

Whoever stole the money first bought like a thousand bucks worth of gay porn online using an email address that was something like [email protected]

This entire thing gives me the creeps in so many ways, and I hope to God my role in the investigation is now over.

BajaOklahoma
6/14/2006, 12:13 AM
There's one minor/major detail to this entire investigation which I have not yet shared with the South Oval because you guys would go CRAZY if you heard it...I'm tempted just to see your reaction, but I definitely know better.
Consider the matter under consideration.

So I'm waiting for names - of whose campaign you worked for and who you suspect......

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 12:15 AM
So I'm waiting for names - of whose campaign you worked for and who you suspect......
Well, I'l PM you the candidate but no point in saying who I think it is since you'd have no idea who it was. You're in Texas right? What area?

BajaOklahoma
6/14/2006, 12:21 AM
The bubble - AKA Plano.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 12:24 AM
The bubble - AKA Plano.
Well it was a few districts away, but I'll PM you.

Okla-homey
6/14/2006, 06:24 AM
Well, I sincerely hope that is not the case as I'm quite literally incapable of doing anything else. If politics is ruled out then I may have a future of permanent unemployment as a welfare King.

I could possibly make a career out of coaching swimming.
Short of that though, I'm screwed.

Not so...

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3244/logosmbk2om.gif (http://imageshack.us)

http://www.tulsaweldingschool.com/

AlbqSooner
6/14/2006, 07:01 AM

Good advice here. A little trim before you talk to the cops will help you be more relaxed and less anxious when talking to them.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/14/2006, 08:31 AM

So did you tell Police Woman what your suspicions were?

Oh and edit: Is the porn buyer a fat guy? Just wondering as he had fatguy in the email address?

OUinFLA
6/14/2006, 08:41 AM
Whoever stole the money first bought like a thousand bucks worth of gay porn online using an email address that was something like [email protected]

AHA! now we can suspect someone from the opposition!!!
Trying to discredit your candidate.

GAYGATE!

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 03:57 PM
So did you tell Police Woman what your suspicions were?

Oh and edit: Is the porn buyer a fat guy? Just wondering as he had fatguy in the email address?

Not at all actually. Here's a story about this guy...

For those of you from the "School of Dean" he is also very much the definition of a metrosexual. It shouldn't have come as a shock when we found out this guy was bi, but nonetheless I was surprised.

Anyway, there's this great paintball field in Waco that you can literlaly call up and arrange to play there at any time during the day or night. So I arranged a 9pm appointment for a large group of us to go out and play one night. EVERYONE is ready to leave except we're waiting on this guy to hurry up and get ready.

Before playing paintball he took a shower, fixed his hair, put on a pair of slacks and a polo shirt, clipped his nails, shaved, and applied some Calvin Klein cologne. Finally, he comes down and is carrying a backpack but won't tell anyone what is inside the backpack.

So anywhoo, we play and since there are quite a few of us I don't see much of him while we're out playing. Finally, I dive behind this stack of tires at the extreme corner of the field and there he is with his mask off with a bottle of cabernet and a pristinely clean class sipping wine. I ask what the hell he is doing and he reaches into his bag and pulls out another glass and offers me some.

Weird guy.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 04:00 PM
Good advice here. A little trim before you talk to the cops will help you be more relaxed and less anxious when talking to them.

Aye, that is very good advice from Mom. But don't worry, I already knew these things. I was raised well. :D
Plus, I'm not your average hillbilly; I'm a BAYLOR hillbilly. ;)

JohnnyMack
6/14/2006, 04:02 PM

I'm always relaxed after I get a little trim.

Ike
6/14/2006, 04:09 PM
Aye, that is very good advice from Mom. But don't worry, I already knew these things. I was raised well. :D
Plus, I'm not your average hillbilly; I'm a BAYLOR hillbilly. ;)

Well, in that case, you should be reminded that in this context trim does not refer to a haircut.

YWIA. :D

Beef
6/14/2006, 04:13 PM
Never **** with Highland Park police. They have nothing better to do than **** with the rest of the world since there's basically no crime.

Beef
6/14/2006, 04:15 PM
Especially in Highland Park. :O

SoonerInKCMO
6/14/2006, 04:22 PM
I still say Sic'Em did it.

It was the gay porn angle that clinched it for me. :texan:

RacerX
6/14/2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.joshdale.com/bustcard.pdf

TexasLidig8r
6/14/2006, 05:55 PM
So, did you drink the wine or not?

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 08:56 PM
:sigh:

Heh, I had a bit...:O

OUDoc
6/14/2006, 09:12 PM
What is it about texans? Is it in the water? ;)

swardboy
6/14/2006, 09:16 PM
Possibly the greatest thread evar....

.....or gayest.

SicEmBaylor
6/14/2006, 11:08 PM
Possibly the greatest thread evar....

.....or gayest.

Possibly both. I never had a problem avoiding bad situations in High School and prior. But since I started going to college in Texas all kinds of weird crap has happened to me almost none of which was of my making.

I need to come back to God's Country in Oklahoma where it's safe.

olevetonahill
6/14/2006, 11:45 PM
Dumbazz :texan:
Havnt you figured out it was HIM Offering the wine ?:eek:

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 12:01 PM
I got a call this morning from the investigating officer, and she told me they subpoenaed the IP address of whoever has been stealing this money. She said I'm her primary suspect, and she thinks it'll trace back to me.

There's no way in hell it could trace back to me; because, I had nothing to do with it!! She told me the guy who had his money stolen just wants restitution and if I were to pay $1,100 to the guy to make up for his loss then he'd drop the matter entirely.

I'd love for all of this to just go the hell away, but I don't want to tacitly admit to something I damned well did not do! I also don't want to be charged with a felony in Texas..

I'm pretty sick and upset over this.

Vaevictis
7/12/2006, 12:03 PM
Sounds like it's time to lawyer up.

royalfan5
7/12/2006, 12:06 PM
ditto and good luck.

Fugue
7/12/2006, 12:07 PM

and advice bit numba one will be:

Stop f'n posting about this on a message board. :texan:

yermom
7/12/2006, 12:07 PM
I got a call this morning from the investigating officer, and she told me they subpoenaed the IP address of whoever has been stealing this money. She said I'm her primary suspect, and she thinks it'll trace back to me.

There's no way in hell it could trace back to me; because, I had nothing to do with it!! She told me the guy who had his money stolen just wants restitution and if I were to pay $1,100 to the guy to make up for his loss then he'd drop the matter entirely.

I'd love for all of this to just go the hell away, but I don't want to tacitly admit to something I damned well did not do! I also don't want to be charged with a felony in Texas..

I'm pretty sick and upset over this.

you sure you weren't pwn3d?

Vaevictis
7/12/2006, 12:09 PM
And by lawyer up, I mean the next time she calls, the only thing you do is mention that you have counsel, and give her the counsel's phone number.

And that's *it*. No more, no less. Nothing.

And ditto on what Fugue says. They can and will use this against you, if there is anything to use.

Shut up, and lawyer up. Now. As in, this minute.

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 12:17 PM
and advice bit numba one will be:

Stop f'n posting about this on a message board. :texan:

Yeah, because they might subpoeona all our computers in order to rip apart our hard drives looking for damning evidence in order to nail the lid on your case which would result in much neg spekkage after we get them back.

Oh, and I'd keep quiet about your political views in the hoosgow. Some of your roomies are liable to be kinda liberal and they might just decide to take it out on you.

Also, the first day in Huntsville, they say its a good idea to either beat up the baddest mofo you can find, or alternatively, "marry" the baddest mofo you can find. That way, no one picks on you later.;)

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 12:18 PM
Federal "Pound You In The ***" Prison

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2006, 12:20 PM
that's what you get for getting mixed up in politics.

j/k, I hope this all works out in the end.

mdklatt
7/12/2006, 12:21 PM
I hope this all works out in the end.

His end may very well get a workout. :eek:

yermom
7/12/2006, 12:21 PM
Federal "Pound You In The ***" Prison

that's what you get for getting mixed up in politics.

j/k, I hope this all works out in the end.

:eek:

Fugue
7/12/2006, 12:29 PM
Yeah, because they might subpoeona all our computers in order to rip apart our hard drives looking for damning evidence in order to nail the lid on your case which would result in much neg spekkage after we get them back.

Oh, and I'd keep quiet about your political views in the hoosgow. Some of your roomies are liable to be kinda liberal and they might just decide to take it out on you.

Also, the first day in Huntsville, they say its a good idea to either beat up the baddest mofo you can find, or alternatively, "marry" the baddest mofo you can find. That way, no one picks on you later.;)

indeed, the negspek would proliferate.:twinkies:

Vaevictis
7/12/2006, 12:30 PM
You could always flip on DeLay. He's going down anyway, right?

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 12:41 PM
And by lawyer up, I mean the next time she calls, the only thing you do is mention that you have counsel, and give her the counsel's phone number.

And that's *it*. No more, no less. Nothing.

And ditto on what Fugue says. They can and will use this against you, if there is anything to use.

Shut up, and lawyer up. Now. As in, this minute.

i agree, and i think its odd that a police officer would offer you the option of making restitution without some sort of judgement, that makes no sense whatsoever

get a lawyer

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2006, 12:45 PM
i agree, and i think its odd that a police officer would offer you the option of making restitution without some sort of judgement, that makes no sense whatsoever

get a lawyer
do you think she has been watching too much Law & Order and wanted him to say something like, 'I didn't take that much' or ' I don't know how I can come up with the money' or something that she might use to prosecute him?

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/12/2006, 12:46 PM
:les: DELETE THIS THREAD, PLZKTHNX!

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 12:47 PM
See, like I said there is no way the IP addresses can come back to me. I told her that and she said, "well you could have been using a laptop." Well, I do have a laptop but wtf difference does that make? What exactly does an IP trace..trace?

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 12:48 PM
she may very well be trying to work him into an admission of some sorts but if a cop says "you're our prime suspect" and then makes a statement which might evoke an incriminating response .....and there's no miranda warning, then you have a problem

granted he's not in custody which is part of it, but its not typical for the police to get on the phone and start posturing like that....i wouldnt consider it standard practice......and sure as hell wouldnt want to defend it on the witness stand

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 12:49 PM
:les: DELETE THIS THREAD, PLZKTHNX!

Oh sure, like that will help now.

We're all implicated. I expect the indictments will start rolling in any day now.:eek:

royalfan5
7/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Oh sure, like that will help now.

We're all implicated. I expect the indictments will start rolling in any day now.:eek:
In that case, Let me be the first one to say I have no problem turning states evidence against Sic'em

Vaevictis
7/12/2006, 12:53 PM
See, like I said there is no way the IP addresses can come back to me. I told her that and she said, "well you could have been using a laptop."

Lawyer. And shut up. :) Really, it's for your own good.

Well, I do have a laptop but wtf difference does that make?

See, you just made an admission. ;)

What exactly does an IP trace..trace?

Whenever you're on the internet, you have an "IP Address" (often called "ip" for short) which is just a network address that is used to communicate with you. Various logs (including web server logs) can trace the IP back to an ISP, who can then (sometimes) look up the account record and/or other data about who was on their network with that IP at that time.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/12/2006, 12:54 PM
And I would like to hire jk as my counsel.

Oh, and also...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/ca/Fif.jpg

mdklatt
7/12/2006, 01:07 PM
Watch your cornhole, man.

PrideTrombone
7/12/2006, 01:09 PM
Call Flava Flav as a witness.

"Yeaaaaaaaah, boooooyyyyyyy!"

http://www.ericisawesome.com/junk/flava_flav1.jpg

Hamhock
7/12/2006, 01:17 PM
Cop doesn't want to spend hours and hours working an $1,100 white collar crime. She thinks she can scare the peepee out of Baylory rich boy and Daddy will pony up $1,100. Doctor drops charges. She closes her file.

any takers?

sooner_born_1960
7/12/2006, 01:18 PM
After four years of raiding his account, all you got is $1100? Amateur.

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 01:18 PM
$20 says the IP trace comes back to SicEm.

The boards first felon.....bout damn time. :)

mdklatt
7/12/2006, 01:22 PM
The boards first felon

Highly doutbful.

Ike
7/12/2006, 01:57 PM
question for you investigative types:

If they suspect a laptop was involved, would an IP trace really be the thing you want to do? I would think finding a MAC address for the originating computer would provide much more solid evidince....Of course, they'd have to take SicEm's computer and lappy as evidence in order to find a match or not....but still, I think it would be more solid than an IP addy.

Oh, and SicEm....lawyer up. pronto.

1stTimeCaller
7/12/2006, 01:58 PM
being as it took them a month to start doing an IP trace I don't think the HPPD is the smartest PD in Texas.

Ike
7/12/2006, 02:00 PM
being as it took them a month to start doing an IP trace I don't think the HPPD is the smartest PD in Texas.

ding.

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 02:06 PM
I would get a lawyer and delete the thread or havea mod do it. Seriously.

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 02:14 PM
Meeting with my lawyer at 3pm today.
I have no problem posting on here; because, I haven't said anything I haven't already told the police which is everything I know on this matter.

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 02:15 PM
I have no problem posting on here; because, I haven't said anything I haven't already told the police which is everything I know on this matter.

Did you get Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer? ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/12/2006, 02:15 PM
Can you save your conversation to a .wav file and post it later?

TIA.

Hamhock
7/12/2006, 02:18 PM
Be sure you mention your small frame and delicate features.

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 02:36 PM

Nevertheless, you might want to mention to your lawyer you've been discussing this matter in cyberland for a month.

Scott D
7/12/2006, 02:37 PM
I don't want to go back and read all of this....is SicEm going to a Federal Pound Him in the Arse prison or not?

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 02:40 PM
I don't want to go back and read all of this....is SicEm going to a Federal Pound Him in the Arse prison or not?

I bet he pleads out. Probably just have to pay the money back, endure a stern talking to from the judge, a couple years probabation and take the felony conviction. Unless there's stuff we don't know about...;)

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 04:14 PM
I bet he pleads out. Probably just have to pay the money back, endure a stern talking to from the judge, a couple years probabation and take the felony conviction. Unless there's stuff we don't know about...;)
I refuse to do anything that amounts to admitting guilt. I've never stolen or otherwise done anything remotely illegal in my entire life (except speeding).

mdklatt
7/12/2006, 04:16 PM
I refuse to do anything that amounts to admitting guilt. I've never stolen or otherwise done anything remotely illegal in my entire life (except speeding).

Objection!

Your Honor, prior acts like moving violations have a bearing on the willigness of the defendent to break the law.

I'll allow it. Objection overruled.

royalfan5
7/12/2006, 04:17 PM
You didn't touch Zima until you were 21?

mdklatt
7/12/2006, 04:19 PM
You didn't touch Zima until you were 21?

Don't answer this, SicEm.

Hatfield
7/12/2006, 04:45 PM

then you are really missing out.

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 04:49 PM

Never done the deed with a minor?

yermom
7/12/2006, 04:51 PM
Never done the deed with a minor?

you really should have let someone else ask this one ;)

colleyvillesooner
7/12/2006, 04:53 PM

HEH

BajaOklahoma
7/12/2006, 04:53 PM
I also think this needs to be deleted. And any further reference to it should refer to it as ....... Jenny. How is it going with Jenny?

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 04:54 PM
Never done the deed with a minor?Do NOT answer that question Sic !!!

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 04:57 PM
http://bobanddan.net/forums/Smileys/default/beer.gif

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 05:00 PM

Wouldn't have been as funny that way. :)

Sooner in Tampa
7/12/2006, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't have been as funny that way. :)True

RacerX
7/12/2006, 05:20 PM
My belief is that all of these addresses (IP, MAC, etc.) can be spoofed.

So BFD.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 05:54 PM
the IP simply leads them to a box.....which they'll seize as evidence, mirror the hard drive and they've got programs which can recover data thats been permanently deleted

so if i were you, i'd take your PC/laptop and dump it in the river

mrowl
7/12/2006, 06:02 PM
the IP simply leads them to a box.....which they'll seize as evidence, mirror the hard drive and they've got programs which can recover data thats been permanently deleted

there are also programs that you can buy \ download that will clean a drive so its not recoverable

olevetonahill
7/12/2006, 06:05 PM
Is it just me or does this not seem like a scam ?
This chick officer has spent a month or better "investgating this crime "
Now If Sicem will pony up 1100 bucks it all Just goes away ?
Get yer Shark on em . I bet this goes away faster than a fart in a wind storm .
Besides who would we have to pick on for drinkin zima and driving an orange bug :D

TheHumanAlphabet
7/12/2006, 06:13 PM
You could always flip on DeLay. He's going down anyway, right?

Nope, he's back!! I hope he runs and wins now. I would not have voted for him in the fall, but becuase of what the dims have done, I am voting for DeLay to screw Lampson and the dims!

TheHumanAlphabet
7/12/2006, 06:15 PM
she may very well be trying to work him into an admission of some sorts but if a cop says "you're our prime suspect" and then makes a statement which might evoke an incriminating response .....and there's no miranda warning, then you have a problem

granted he's not in custody which is part of it, but its not typical for the police to get on the phone and start posturing like that....i wouldnt consider it standard practice......and sure as hell wouldnt want to defend it on the witness stand

I'd skip trace her, doesn't sound very police-y to me...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/12/2006, 06:17 PM
Did you get Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer? ;)
YMSSRA! The Texas Hammer!

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 06:18 PM
Is it just me or does this not seem like a scam ?
This chick officer has spent a month or better "investgating this crime "
Now If Sicem will pony up 1100 bucks it all Just goes away ?
Get yer Shark on em . I bet this goes away faster than a fart in a wind storm .
Besides who would we have to pick on for drinkin zima and driving an orange bug :D

see ole vet, lawyers are good for something huh?;)

Like a great American once said, the Constitution doesn't guarentee you a meal when you're hungry, or water when you're dying of thirst. It doesn't guarentee you a doctor when you're sick, it doesn't guarentee you a teacher when you're ignorant, clothes when you are naked or even a roof when it's snowing...but it guarentees you a lawyer when you're accused of a crime.

BajaOklahoma
7/12/2006, 06:32 PM
Where's Lid?
The one time we need a whorn lawyer and he's not around.
:(

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 06:33 PM

I shouldn't need to though. It can't lead to my computer (because I didn't do it), and I don't have anything on my comp that's incriminating.

By the way, my lawyer advised me to be cooperative and pay the 1,100 as long as I have it in writing that this will all go away if I do so.

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:35 PM
I shouldn't need to though. It can't lead to my computer (because I didn't do it), and I don't have anything on my comp that's incriminating.

just cuz you keep telling yourself this doesn't mean its gonna make it true.
;)

Sooner_Bob
7/12/2006, 06:35 PM
Wow

GDC
7/12/2006, 06:37 PM
Sometimes, some people on this board make me nervous about posting here.

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 06:38 PM
Where's Lid?
The one time we need a whorn lawyer and he's not around.
:(

I doubt the young man could afford Lid. Lid didn't get enamored of the 'spensive things in life by charging less than 5 benjamin's an hour.;)

Seriously though, I don't think he does criminal defense.

Hatfield
7/12/2006, 06:39 PM
have you tried calling the precinct and speaking with her supervisor? that would ferret out if it was a scam or not.

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:39 PM
Is lid a slimey divorce attorney?

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 06:40 PM
By the way, my lawyer advised me to be cooperative and pay the 1,100 as long as I have it in writing that this will all go away if I do so.

I'd be finding a new attorney.

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:41 PM
um, also that won't keep you from being liable in a civil case. the dr. is probably gonna sue you for all future earnings.

paying restitution that is.

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 06:42 PM
Is lid a slimey divorce attorney?

I think Lid has a general civil practice, but I'm not sure.

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 06:42 PM
there are also programs that you can buy \ download that will clean a drive so its not recoverable

true, but most programs you get at best buy, etc, for that are easily trumped by the forensic technology the crime labs have

its really amazing, i've seen it work and make cases even when the user thought he had erased everything

jk the sooner fan
7/12/2006, 06:43 PM

huh? pay a fine when you arent guilty?

something smells here

i'd get a new lawyer...

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 06:44 PM
have you tried calling the precinct and speaking with her supervisor? that would ferret out if it was a scam or not.
Yes, I called directly. Not a scam.

olevetonahill
7/12/2006, 06:44 PM
I agree with Stan here
If you didnt do the crime you shouldnt pay a dime ;)
But REFUSE to have any more conversations with her , with out your pet shark :D
And yes Homey Ive allways said I used em, I just didnt like my ex wives attorneys :D

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:45 PM
they can pull info from your hard drive even if its in pieces. so if you are gonna smash it up take it out and scatter the pieces in the river.
Don't do it at a dig site cuz they can recover it there. just ask.. oh wait, is this is waco? or somewhere else;)

Okla-homey

Someone light the Oldnslo beacon. He used to be in the Tulsa DA's office...best defenders are former procecutors IMHO.:texan:

SicEmBaylor
Well, I just went to this lawyer for some general advice. If this goes further I'd get a lawyer in Texas, and I know a lot of Texas attorneys.

SicEmBaylor
7/12/2006, 06:46 PM
they can pull info from your hard drive even if its in pieces. so if you are gonna smash it up take it out and scatter the pieces in the river.
Don't do it at a dig site cuz they can recover it there. just ask.. oh wait, is this is waco? or somewhere else;)
Highland Park, but I'm in OK at the moment.

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:46 PM
and I know a lot of Texas attorneys
some more incriminating news!

olevetonahill
7/12/2006, 06:47 PM
Yes, I called directly. Not a scam.
Then STFU with em , Not another word .
Like I said I like to pick on ya :D

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 06:48 PM
Highland Park, but I'm in OK at the moment.

:les: DON'T GO BACK TO TEXAS. THEY WON"T EXTRADITE OVER 1100 BUCKS!

oumartin
7/12/2006, 06:50 PM
yeah, what homey said and if they call you back tell them to stick it and good luck finding you..
nany nany boo boo and stick out your tongue and blow in the phone.

olevetonahill
7/12/2006, 06:50 PM
:les: DON'T GO BACK TO TEXAS. THEY WON"T EXTRADITE OVER 1100 BUCKS!
This is the best ADVICE . especially if you aint gonna STFU :eek:

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 06:58 PM
This is the best ADVICE . especially if you aint gonna STFU :eek:

And he'd be in good company too. Hell, Okies been getting in trouble in texass for generations and making a run for the Red. My grandpappy included. He once left a model A Ford in the riverbed over near Waurika one hot summer night in the 30's when the texass laws in Wichita Falls had absolutely no sense of humor about him and three of his brothers busting up a beer joint. It was a big fight with a guy who claimed he was actually married to this little hot tail gal they were fixing to...well, you know.

BajaOklahoma
7/12/2006, 07:01 PM
Lid handles bankruptcies - I ask because I wanted to know if he was the Texas Hammer.
Is your laptop wireless? If so, did you secure the connection or was it availabel to 5,000 other people like in most homes?
I would be concerned about giving up the money (not a huge amt in the scheme of things) putting you at risk for future lidigation.....

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 07:05 PM
Dye your hair, grow a beard, and move to Messico.

Okla-homey
7/12/2006, 07:07 PM
Dye your hair, grow a beard, and move to Messico.

Naw, after Scott Peterson tried it, they're wise to it.

Stanley1
7/12/2006, 07:09 PM
Naw, after Scott Peterson tried it, they're wise to it.

Its worked for Olivia Newton John's missing boyfriend though. :D