PDA

View Full Version : OT: Roethlisberger in wreck

swardboy
6/12/2006, 02:01 PM
Rush Limbaugh (great sports news) is saying Ben Roethlisberger broke his jaw, hurt both knees in motorcycle wreck....he doesn't wear a helmet....any more news out there? Plastic surgeon called in...

johnstuff
6/12/2006, 02:37 PM
From Texags.com

Roethlisberger lost most of his teeth, fractured his left sinus cavity bone, suffered a nine-inch laceration to the back of his head and a broken jaw, and severely injured both of his knees when he hit the ground, police said.

A plastic surgeon has been summoned.

"He is right now in the (operating room) undergoing some surgery from injuries he received in this accident today," said Dr. Larry Jones, chief of trauma and burns at Mercy Hospital, Uptown. ... He was talking to me before he left for the OR. He's coherent. He's making sense. He knows what happened."

Roethlisberger, 24, who was not wearing a helmet, collided with a Chrysler New Yorker shortly before 11:25 a.m. and was thrown off his motorcycle, flying head-first into the car's windshield "with a pretty good force," said a veteran city police officer.

swardboy
6/12/2006, 02:55 PM
Wow...he must look like crap, not to mention what he feels like.

OUfan7
6/12/2006, 03:20 PM
If he is wearing a helmet this story barely get's any pub.

soonerinabilene
6/12/2006, 03:23 PM
apparently he didnt get the kellen winslow memo. hope he gets better. hurting both knees is gonna be the worst part for him.

swardboy
6/12/2006, 04:36 PM
He's also very lucky not to have serious eye injuries....hope he doesn't own a b-b gun.....especially the Red Ryder.

SoonerStormchaser
6/12/2006, 04:40 PM
And the moron of the year award goes to...

Drum roll.....

fossil
6/12/2006, 05:02 PM
Big Ben also received a pretty serious head injury and one witness to the accident said he had no idea where he was (he asked what city he was in) after the accident. This guy is hurt more than just a broken jaw and bunged up knees. If this is a serious head injury, his career could be in serious jeopardy.

How stupid can you be anyway. Unless you have a death wish, you just don't ride around on a 189 MPH crotch-rocket with no head protection. Especially if you mean what he does to the Steeler franchise and to the city. This was an exceptionally stupid situation to put yourself in, especially when you're the star quarterback for the current superbowl champs.

Madd Dawg
6/12/2006, 10:04 PM
Fame got to his head i supose, i guess he thought he was unbreakable, even on a motorcycle.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/12/2006, 11:16 PM
He's also very lucky not to have serious eye injuries....hope he doesn't own a b-b gun.....especially the Red Ryder.

I used to roll with the Daisy until I discovered the Red Ryder

OUGreg723
6/12/2006, 11:53 PM
This is a shame...What was he thinking?

soonerloyal
6/13/2006, 08:21 AM
He wasn't.