PDA

View Full Version : "Cars" request for spoilers

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/12/2006, 01:35 PM
What were the most intense parts of the movie?

You know, like on Nemo where they first run into the sharks and the angler fish part.

Or on Mary Poppins when Jane and Michael run away from the bank and they're in the slums and the scary dog barks at them.

Or on Chicken Little when the black things try and kill everyone.

Or on King Kong when the scary natives are everywhere or the slug bitey things eat gollum.

Trying to decide if it's appropriate for a 3.5 year old girl with a very active imagination at bedtime.

etouffee
6/12/2006, 01:40 PM
What were the most intense parts of the movie?

You know, like on Nemo where they first run into the sharks and the angler fish part.

Or on Mary Poppins when Jane and Michael run away from the bank and they're in the slums and the scary dog barks at them.

Or on Chicken Little when the black things try and kill everyone.

Or on King Kong when the scary natives are everywhere or the slug bitey things eat gollum.

Trying to decide if it's appropriate for a 3.5 year old girl with a very active imagination at bedtime.

I have a 3.5 year old, so I can probably offer a little insight here.

There's nothing nearly as scary or inappropriate for 3 year olds as you saw in Chicken Little. The only thing I can think of is a scene where 2 characters get chased through a field at night by a big scary looking tractor. That might be a little unsettling.

To me, the bigger issue with my 3 year old (and the other ones with us) was boredom. The movie really slows down in the middle.

GDC
6/12/2006, 02:33 PM
When the hot rods are harassing the semi, the railroad crossing, and when the car is getting lost in the dark.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/12/2006, 02:48 PM
So, maybe, a couple of well-timed potty breaks and I'm golden?

GDC
6/12/2006, 02:50 PM
So, maybe, a couple of well-timed potty breaks and I'm golden?

Yes, but these are pretty close together so one well-timed potty break when they load up the semi and head west should suffice.

frankensooner
6/12/2006, 03:15 PM
My kids have seen scarier stuff on the Broadway Extension. My 4 year Old was fine with it.

GDC
6/12/2006, 03:16 PM
My nephews are 3 and 1 and they're no more twisted than they were before the movie.

StoopTroup
6/12/2006, 04:10 PM
When Lightning takes Porsche on a little ride and they start bangin' gears up in the mountains...

I got a little misty eyed...

Okla-homey
6/12/2006, 07:29 PM
The only thing I can think of is a scene where 2 characters get chased through a field at night by a big scary looking tractor. That might be a little unsettling.

Actually, it was a combine. Now, turn in your hillbilly card.;)

GDC
6/12/2006, 07:31 PM
That scene was classic.

Sooner_Bob
6/12/2006, 09:23 PM
My 4 year old loved the combine part . . . I honestly don't think there was a bad part in the show.

Me, my wife and our girls were laughin' up a storm most of the time . . .

Okla-homey
6/12/2006, 09:28 PM
My 4 year old loved the combine part . . . I honestly don't think there was a bad part in the show.

Me, my wife and our girls were laughin' up a storm most of the time . . .

Did you sit through the credits? That was some of the funniest chit.

etouffee
6/12/2006, 09:30 PM
Actually, it was a combine. Now, turn in your hillbilly card.;) i was putting it in 3 year old terms. and us coonasses don't get hillbilly cards, on accounta we can't read em anyways.

etouffee
6/12/2006, 09:31 PM
Did you sit through the credits? That was some of the funniest chit.Indeed. We stayed til the lights came up. Those that left before that missed out bigtime.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/14/2006, 04:05 PM
We saw this on Monday. It was a beautiful movie. The timing of the potty breaks was off, but it didn't matter much. The most intense part was the combine and that wasn't bad.

Etouffee must have some ADD kids because we never got bored at all. ;)

I rank the pixar movies thusly:

1. Incredibles
2. Cars
3. Toy Story 2
4. Toy Story
5. Nemo
6. Monsters
7. Bugs

Monsters would rank higher, but there are some unusually dark parts with the kid trapped in the chair.

HskrGrl
6/14/2006, 04:22 PM
We saw this on Monday. It was a beautiful movie. The timing of the potty breaks was off, but it didn't matter much. The most intense part was the combine and that wasn't bad.

Etouffee must have some ADD kids because we never got bored at all. ;)

I rank the pixar movies thusly:

1. Incredibles
2. Cars
3. Toy Story 2
4. Toy Story
5. Nemo
6. Monsters
7. Bugs

Monsters would rank higher, but there are some unusually dark parts with the kid trapped in the chair.

I completely agree with all those except I might put Nemo before the Toy Story movies.

I have a 3.5 year old boy and he LOVED "Cars". We took the kids to see it last weekend. I was kinda surprised at how long it was, being that it was a cartoon, but the kids sat still the whole time and didn't make a peep. When we got home my 3.5 year old brought me one of his toy tractors. Then he ran back to his room and came out with one of the toy "Cars" that he got from McDonald's. He put his car in front of my tractor and said "Rawrrr" and then "Ok, Mommy, now make your tractor fall over and fart." I guess I know what his favorite part of the movie was.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/14/2006, 04:47 PM
Our 3.5 year old girl said her favorite part was when the "car didn't win, but helped his friend win the race"

We didn't buy any toys, but we got the soundtrack. She's running around here singing "Sixty six on route sixty six."

Sooner_Bob
6/14/2006, 05:37 PM
Did you sit through the credits? That was some of the funniest chit.

Yep, we actually got there just as the show before ours was ending and saw them twice.

Soonrboy
6/14/2006, 05:39 PM
I Liked it, my 8 year old girl and her prissy friend didn't think it was as funny as the commercials.

Sooner_Bob
6/14/2006, 05:39 PM
Our 3.5 year old girl said her favorite part was when the "car didn't win, but helped his friend win the race"

We didn't buy any toys, but we got the soundtrack. She's running around here singing "Sixty six on route sixty six."

We're probably going to buy the soundtrack as well . . . my oldest keeps trying to get me to buy Life is a Highway on iTunes.

C&CDean
6/14/2006, 06:10 PM
I am so happy that I'm the only little kid in my household.

And Nemo is a gazillion times better than Toy Story.

Okla-homey
6/15/2006, 05:38 AM
We're probably going to buy the soundtrack as well . . . my oldest keeps trying to get me to buy Life is a Highway on iTunes.

I remember when that tune by Canadian Tom Cochrane came out back in the 80's. It was catchy then and its still catchy now. I prefer the late great Chris LeDoux's cover of it over Tom Petty or Rascal Flatts' cover in the movie.

http://www.tomcochrane.com/pages/information/coveredmusic.htm

BTW, John Mayer's cover of "Route 66" is pretty cool. He mentions OKC and Tulsa:D

mms://mms.content.loudeye.com/600111/n/093/53/69/0935369_0107_00_0690.wma