PDA

View Full Version : Win or lose today future is Sunny for OU

stoopified
6/12/2006, 11:31 AM
Okay so it IS a bad pun but it is VERY true.I am proably more optimistic about our small-ball future now than anytime since 1994.BTW how many of you still have your 25 Guys PULLING ON THE SAME ROPE championship shirts? I still have mine,the intervening years have made me glad I got the XL as I have now grown into it.

Next year will be a rebilding year but I am hoping it turns out to be a reloading year instead.GOOOO SOOOONNERS!

Sooner24
6/12/2006, 11:53 AM
I would say since 1995 since we went back to the CWS that year too. I still have my shirt but it has seen better days.

During the 2000 football season I wore my OU baseball hat with the 1994 National Champions on the back to all 13 football games and I guess the magic carried over. :D

BoomerJack
6/12/2006, 05:43 PM
The future could be "Sunny" but I'm disappointed that Golloway got the thumb in this game; especially coming off the heels of that 3 run dinger that put Rice ahead by what, 5 runs. I'm sure there's more to it but it kind of comes across as sour grapes.

sooneron
6/13/2006, 09:23 AM
I thought this was going to be a link to a Jenni article.

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 02:32 PM
Having watched Sunny manage at ORU, all I can say is that he needs to grab the reigns on getting thrown out of ballgames. The umpires yesterday were crappy to both teams re: the strike zone. For him to allow a volunteer coach and himself to get run in the Super Regional is ridiculous.

stoopified
6/23/2006, 01:28 AM
Having watched Sunny manage at ORU, all I can say is that he needs to grab the reigns on getting thrown out of ballgames. The umpires yesterday were crappy to both teams re: the strike zone. For him to allow a volunteer coach and himself to get run in the Super Regional is ridiculous.Very true but like they said in the DO if Bob was running our small-ball squad he would get tossed a lot.I like my coaches to have fire.We got screwed additionally by the umps on the phantom hit batsman and the phantom pick-off.Rice was better than us anyhow they did NOT need help.