PDA

View Full Version : JIHAD ON COX CABLE!!!!!

Hatfield
6/12/2006, 08:33 AM
my local hd channels have not been coming in lately so I call them yesterday and the dude says the "quickest" they can get someone out is NEXT SATURDAY......

I tell him he better comp my bill since i am missing out on the hd greatness of the world cup and the nba finals....he informs me they don't charge for the local hd channels....

i tell him that may be the case but they are charging me for a box to show nothing but a blank damn screen. :mad:

he pawned me off onto someone that will feel my wrath in the billing department.

please start collecting money in case bail is needed.

OUDoc
6/12/2006, 08:40 AM
Are we talking $100,000 bail or more like $1,000?

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 08:43 AM
Cox is the debil.

Dear Verizon - please light the damn fiber that you tore up our alley installing earlier this year. The sooner that Cox gets some competition, the sooner that I leave them and their great reliability and their wonderful customer support. TIA.

Hatfield
6/12/2006, 08:46 AM
Are we talking $100,000 bail or more like $1,000?

after being on hold with their muzak we may be talking 1000000000000 bail

OUDoc
6/12/2006, 08:47 AM
after being on hold with their muzak we may be talking 1000000000000 bail
We may have to get Sally Struthers involved then.

Hatfield
6/12/2006, 08:49 AM
seriously, i appreciate the fact that since it sucks so bad...they have the music BLARING in my ear.

only going to make things worse for the poor soul that is on the other end of this line when and if someone ever answers it.

Hatfield
6/12/2006, 09:11 AM
darn it....the gave me the kind old grandma that smokes 12 packs a day...it was like kryptonite....

every time i wanted to get angry she was there countering with a credit for the service interuption....then i thought well i will still **** and moan about them not coming out until saturday...she raised me with a wed. morning AND put in a note to call me if something opens up sooner.

this woman was helpful beyond measure and pleasant....i feel now like i may not have had the right number.

scaldeddawg
6/12/2006, 09:15 AM
You didn't get a McCoy to blast on... :D

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 09:18 AM
darn it....the gave me the kind old grandma that smokes 12 packs a day...it was like kryptonite....

every time i wanted to get angry she was there countering with a credit for the service interuption....then i thought well i will still **** and moan about them not coming out until saturday...she raised me with a wed. morning AND put in a note to call me if something opens up sooner.

this woman was helpful beyond measure and pleasant....i feel now like i may not have had the right number.

She must be new. Call her back in a couple of weeks.

Mjcpr
6/12/2006, 09:20 AM
They've always been pretty friendly and helpful when I've had to call them.

NormanPride
6/12/2006, 09:50 AM
Muhammed nor Jesus had HD

Why? Cox sucks.

noleamite
6/12/2006, 09:54 AM
Why? Cox sucks.

heh! Cox sucks

jeremy885
6/12/2006, 10:19 AM
I had something similiar for the Cotton Bowl back in 2002. TV went out on New Year's day and they sent someone out to fix it with in 2 hours of the call. Watch party went off without a hitch. I don't know why you guys complain about them, because ATT and dishnetwork are 20x worse. I've had more than twice as many outages in the year + I've lived in McKinney then the 7+ years I lived in OKC/Norman.

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 11:30 AM
Comcast sucks.
They cut my cable when replacing the lines in the alley. No cable TV or internet. :eek: And considering that we had 7 boxes at that point, with every channel, our bill was huge. Two weeks. And they cut our phone line in the process. Verizon was going to be over a week, so I complained to Comcast again - they sent a guy out the next day to repair the phone line.

But I have started keeping a list of outages - dates and times. It helps get a refund on our bill, reduced charges for cable for several months or faster service.

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 11:49 AM
I guess my complaints are against Comcast, not Cox. Whoops. We have Comcast and they are not the easiest to get a hold of and get things taken care of. Also, the NFL network is now off. I suppose that they took it off the package that I get from them. Either that or I have to call them to get it put back on.

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 12:12 PM

I would just like to mention that it isn't yet Wednesday morning. If they don't show up, you will be able to complain again.

OUstudent4life
6/12/2006, 12:49 PM
Drop Cox now, and tell everyone you know to do the same if they're interested in HD...

...since Cox refuses to negotiate IN ANY WAY about the Fox channels in OKC, and we won't get either the world series or the BCS bowls in HD this year.

TopDaugIn2000
6/12/2006, 12:49 PM
I'm so f***ing sick of Cox Cable right now I can't see straight. I'm about THIS close to switching.

Hatfield
6/12/2006, 01:30 PM
I would just like to mention that it isn't yet Wednesday morning. If they don't show up, you will be able to complain again.

hadn't thought of that....thanks for reminding me to keep my hate burners on simmer for a few days

Hatfield
6/14/2006, 10:01 AM
wow...what a peaceful resolution...lady bumped me up from saturday to wed. and they ended up coming out tues. afternoon.

the guy they sent was professional, and not only fixed the problem (knuckleheads that did the original install were apparently too tired to tighten the fittings) but he reorganized/rewired everything into the amp to improve my signal since the idiots that did the orginal install also messed that up...and he had someone come out and remove the tick from the line as well since we don't have a phone line.

so here's to you mr. cox guy and your professionalism in going above and beyond.....i will be calling in a compliment on your behalf.

Mjcpr
6/14/2006, 10:03 AM
Those bastards.

:D

I've been thinking about switching to their phone service and dumping SBC/AT&T. Not because I have a bitch with AT&T, but my land line is now over $40 a month which isn't all that bad, but we almost never use it. Any long distance calling, we use the cell so basically the land line is my direct contact with telemarketers. :rolleyes: If I went with Cox, it'd at least be a bit cheaper.

frankensooner
6/14/2006, 10:09 AM
Hey, Cox has free hookup right now throught Friday for cable!!! They said the number was 600-something.

TopDaugIn2000
6/14/2006, 11:35 AM
Hey, Cox has free hookup right now throught Friday for cable!!! They said the number was 600-something.

600-8282

I have it on speed dial for all the complaints.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/14/2006, 11:39 AM
My brother's phone number used to be 670-8282.

Yeah. It sucked.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/14/2006, 11:44 AM
Their priority is this:

Phone
TV
Internet

If there's something wrong with your phone, they'll come out asap, otherwise, it gets moved to a lower priority.

Always tell them your phone is acting up and so is the TV.

I only condone lying to cable companies and best buy people and Barry Bonds and telemarketers. Othewise, treat people as human beings.

NormanPride
6/14/2006, 12:35 PM
Their priority is this:

Phone
TV
Internet

If there's something wrong with your phone, they'll come out asap, otherwise, it gets moved to a lower priority.

Always tell them your phone is acting up and so is the TV.

I only condone lying to cable companies and best buy people and Barry Bonds and telemarketers. Othewise, treat people as human beings.

What about whorns? Aggy?

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/14/2006, 12:39 PM
What about whorns? Aggy?

Sorry, I thought you understood. I was talking about people.

OU4LIFE
6/14/2006, 12:56 PM
so where do dogs rank on your list?

Cam
6/14/2006, 07:52 PM
wow...what a peaceful resolution...lady bumped me up from saturday to wed. and they ended up coming out tues. afternoon.

the guy they sent was professional, and not only fixed the problem (knuckleheads that did the original install were apparently too tired to tighten the fittings) but he reorganized/rewired everything into the amp to improve my signal since the idiots that did the orginal install also messed that up...and he had someone come out and remove the tick from the line as well since we don't have a phone line.

so here's to you mr. cox guy and your professionalism in going above and beyond.....i will be calling in a compliment on your behalf.
Where exactly were the loose connections? I'm having the same issues.