PDA

View Full Version : Original or Extra Crispy?

Czar Soonerov
6/12/2006, 12:05 AM
This is our "why would I like to do the dishes" topic...

noleamite
6/12/2006, 12:11 AM
If I had my choice of greasy death...I'd go all out with the artery cloging extra crispy.

proud gonzo
6/12/2006, 12:12 AM
um... i'm voting the third one, but that's not my reason. I just don't care much for fried chicken except for chicken strips, and they make those better elsewhere. though i do get popcorn chicken every once in a while

Tailwind
6/12/2006, 12:50 AM
Nothing beats homemade fried chicken.

silverwheels
6/12/2006, 12:53 AM
I wish they could use the seasonings of Original Recipe and make it extra crispy.

noleamite
6/12/2006, 12:58 AM
Nothing beats homemade fried chicken.

does it give you tailwind?:D

Scott D
6/12/2006, 01:03 AM
eww, KFC has beakless chickens

that always cracks me up.

Blue
6/12/2006, 01:04 AM
Kentuck Fried mouse...Mmmmm.

noleamite
6/12/2006, 01:19 AM
:confused:

jacru
6/12/2006, 02:00 AM
I wish they could use the seasonings of Original Recipe and make it extra crispy.
I've thought that since they first made extra crispy.

walkoffsooner
6/12/2006, 04:52 AM
I know a guy that worked there getting through college he told me one of herbs I quit eating there.

Okla-homey
6/12/2006, 06:02 AM
Popeyes pwns KFC.

soonerbrat
6/12/2006, 06:46 AM
i like'em both

and Popeye's too.

OUinFLA
6/12/2006, 07:22 AM
Hardy's had the best fried chicken by far.
Then they dropped it from the menu.
Must have been making a profit..... which we all know, is not good.

Kinda like Sonic, after 40 years dropped Frito chili pie from the menu.

I quit eating at both places.

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 08:21 AM
Who the hell doesn't vote in their own damn poll? Ah, no matter. I'll make the decision for you Czar. Much like in real life.

Czar Soonerov
6/12/2006, 08:47 AM
The purpose of the poll is to find out what other people like, I already know what I like. gah

Interesting side note: I have had the *** **** since lunch yesterday. Coincidence? I think not.

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 09:00 AM
Did anybody know that they pressure fry the chicken? I saw that on the Food Network. It cuts the cooking time down from 30 minutes to about 9. I always seem to be lucky enough to come in when they are out of original recipe and they are frying some more and it will be about eight minutes. Do they comp me some extra cripsy? **** no.

BudSooner
6/12/2006, 09:01 AM
Pffffft, Churches or Charlies fried chicken is better than KFC.

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 09:01 AM
um... i'm voting the third one, but that's not my reason. I just don't care much for fried chicken except for chicken strips, and they make those better elsewhere. though i do get popcorn chicken every once in a while

A simple vote is all that is needed from now on. TIA. :D

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 10:22 AM
The purpose of the poll is to find out what other people like, I already know what I like. gah

Interesting side note: I have had the *** **** since lunch yesterday. Coincidence? I think not.

Bull****. The purpose of the poll is for your hyper-competetive little self to try and win this argument, but you can't, because extra crispy sucks.

Interesting side note: I'll be visiting the Yankee Candle store at lunchtime. Coincidence? As if.

Tailwind
6/12/2006, 10:28 AM
does it give you tailwind?:D
No, that's what vegetables are for. :D Besides, I don't eat fried chicken very often, because....it's fried and stuff.

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 10:28 AM
Interesting side note: I'll be visiting the Yankee Candle store at lunchtime. Coincidence? As if.

Lunch date with Lid?

NormanPride
6/12/2006, 10:31 AM
Extra Crispy is much better, IMO. The KFC spices are teh succ.

Osce0la
6/12/2006, 11:53 AM
Don't know if it's been asked yet but, where is the "Neither because I hate KFC" choice?

Czar Soonerov
6/12/2006, 11:56 AM
*** **** update: I'm home sick, feel like I'm gonna hurl. Maybe I should give the original recipe a try next time...

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 12:00 PM
I win! I win!

BigRedJed
6/12/2006, 12:02 PM
I'm shocked that some asshat has yet to make a case for the horrid, plastic-shelled-tasting chicken at Eischen's being "the best chicken evar..."

Put me down for Original Recipe. AND Popeye's.

mdklatt
6/12/2006, 12:03 PM
Screw KFC, is there a Church's close to Norman? Grandy's fried chicken is good, too. Alberston's deli chicken is better than KFC, for that matter. It's very telling that KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell are all owned by the same company.

Czar Soonerov
6/12/2006, 12:03 PM
I win! I win!

http://www.forumspile.com/Win-Retard_Prize.jpg

Newbomb Turk
6/12/2006, 12:04 PM

Interesting. My co-workers & I used to go to KFC for lunch once in a while. I started to notice that I would be on the throne all afternoon when we went there. I wasn't the only one either.

We called it "The Curse of the Colonel".

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 12:05 PM

Oh, now, honey, that's just the *** **** talking.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 12:10 PM
Mmmm, Popeye's...

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 12:27 PM

Could you fark a Yankee Candle into that pic?

slickdawg
6/12/2006, 12:29 PM
Church's chicken is where it's at for a fast food joint.

Two Sister's Kitchen in downtown Jackson, MS has the finest fried chicken
you will ever eat. It shames all the others. Scaldeddawg can testify to this.

slickdawg
6/12/2006, 12:35 PM
*** **** update: I'm home sick, feel like I'm gonna hurl. Maybe I should give the original recipe a try next time...

Hey BSG, The Czar is sickling too!

:texan:

SoonerInKCMO
6/12/2006, 12:37 PM
I'm shocked that some asshat has yet to make a case for the horrid, plastic-shelled-tasting chicken at Eischen's being "the best chicken evar..."

It was pretty dang good back in the late '80s. I've heard the quality has gone downhill since then. When was the first time you ate there?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 12:38 PM
Hey BSG, The Czar is sickling too!

:texan:

Yeah, but a$$ foam is usually self-inflicted.

Ask Norm.

BigRedJed
6/12/2006, 12:47 PM
It was pretty dang good back in the late '80s. I've heard the quality has gone downhill since then. When was the first time you ate there?
I can't remember when the fire was, but I ate there one time pre-fire. I was totally unimpressed then, and I've grudgingly been dragged back there every few years by friends who insisted on including a trip to Okarche in their birthday parties, etc. That place is all about the road trip.

IB4OU2
6/12/2006, 02:09 PM
I can't remember when the fire was, but I ate there one time pre-fire. I was totally unimpressed then, and I've grudgingly been dragged back there every few years by friends who insisted on including a trip to Okarche in their birthday parties, etc. That place is all about the road trip.

True, all we ever heard was how good that place was...... so day after Thanksgiving we packed up the family including relatives visiting from LA and drove to Okarche. We found that the stop at the Braum's in Kingfisher on the way home was the highlight of that trip. :(

Newbomb Turk
6/12/2006, 02:27 PM
I think the chicken at Eischens is good. But not drive all the way to Okarche and sit in a bar and eat chicken off wax paper good.

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 02:45 PM
Just to make it perfectly clear, this thread is not about Eischens and their crappy chicken.

This thread is a cautionary tale about the dire consequences faced by a man who doesn't listen to his wife.

This thread is about pie-in-the-sky dreams of a world where we can not only put a man on the moon, but have extra crispy chicken with original flava.

Finally, it's a thread where a bitterly contested rivalry in a marriage is exposed to the slack jawed masses Jerry Springer style, a cage match where blood and *** **** will be spilled in the ultimate quest for victory.

And I'll set that Okarche ****hole on fire again if it gets in my way.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 02:49 PM
I got $50 bucks on VK.

Newbomb Turk
6/12/2006, 02:52 PM
In that case, I like original the best. :O

IB4OU2
6/12/2006, 02:57 PM
I'll put $100 on VK.......literally :O ;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 02:59 PM
The loser has to Jello wrassle Hairy! :eddie:

Oh, man...I crack myself up sometimes...

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 03:34 PM
The loser has to Jello wrassle Hairy! :eddie:

Oh, man...I crack myself up sometimes...

It's name is "Hairy"?

Please forgive me, BSG.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 04:05 PM
OMG...

You spectacular hussy.

:D

GottaHavePride
6/12/2006, 04:21 PM
I spekted BSG, but YMSSRABGITVKA.

And I think I owe VK twice for this thread.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 04:29 PM
Nuthin' says lovin' like some GHP spek...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/12/2006, 04:51 PM
I don't like meat that's on a bone.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 04:51 PM
You filthy woman.

Mjcpr
6/12/2006, 04:52 PM
I don't like meat that's on a bone.

Mrs Mj has a friend who is the same way.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 04:54 PM
Mrs Mj has a friend who is the same way.

Is it's name Pat?

:mack:

Mjcpr
6/12/2006, 04:55 PM
Is it's name Pat?

:mack:

What did I tell you about my vessel?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 05:02 PM
Is that German for 'weasel'?

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 05:08 PM
Is that German for 'weasel'?

Dammit. I spekked you prematurely. It happens to everyone though, right?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/12/2006, 05:56 PM

She's talking to you, Pat...

BeetDigger
6/12/2006, 06:43 PM

Not to the wimmen, given mother nature's give and take attitude: you get the period but with that the ability to have multiples. And may I say, the time to recovery gets worse each birthday. Of course, Czar is a resource for this information. Not that it will be of any concern to him, given the tenor of this thread. :texan:

dolemitesooner
6/12/2006, 06:44 PM
Origanal or extra crispt does not matter give me the chicken and a BIG RED DRINk and I am in heaven ...I like the orange too

Czar Soonerov
6/13/2006, 07:34 PM
I just got a very interesting email...

WASHINGTON - A consumer advocacy group sued the operator of the KFC fried chicken restaurant chain Tuesday to try and force it to stop frying foods in an artery-clogging fat.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest, in a suit filed against Yum Brands Inc. in the Superior Court for the District of Columbia, said some KFC meals were "startlingly" high in artery-clogging trans fat from the partially hydrogenated oils used for frying. KFC said the lawsuit was baseless.

CSPI executive director Michael Jacobson said it was harder to avoid trans fat at KFC than at other fast-food restaurants.

I'm gonna start eating there every day now. I gotta build up my resistance to all that a$$ p!ss causing partially hydrogenated oil.

Mmmm, trans fat...

rebmus
6/13/2006, 07:49 PM
original if i'm ordering... then again, i'm pretty fat. if chicken's around, i'm gonna be eating.

C&CDean
6/13/2006, 08:58 PM
So, Czar is airing his dirty laundry in public.....

Not to mention his poor, aching, burning, itching, swollen and slightly leaking colon.

To refocus this thread, it goes like this:

KFC - Original, and only extra crispy if it's late, and they're out of original

And all the Popeyes lovers crack me up. Their chicken is ok, but wtf is it made out of? Platinum? For me to even get semi-full there costs Quizno's money. I don't really like having to take a bank loan to afford ****ty lunch.

And for the $$, do the Monday chicken fry at KFC. Sure, it's pressed, processed, and probably only 30% animal by-product, but for $1.99 you can't go wrong.

And of course the very best fried chicken comes outta momma's cast iron skillet - and it's called squirrell. If you've never had fried squirrell, you're missing out. No Czar, you eat it you filthy little man you.

dolemitesooner
6/13/2006, 09:00 PM
Dean you don't know ****......Be quite ...

I know chicken and Orange drink SO REGONNIZE VEONCYE

C&CDean
6/13/2006, 09:10 PM
Dean you don't know ****......Be quite ...

I know chicken and Orange drink SO REGONNIZE VEONCYE

Dude, you've already "regonnized."

dolemitesooner
6/13/2006, 10:13 PM
yesh...duh