PDA

View Full Version : My Wife

soonerhubs
6/11/2006, 09:37 PM
So we're driving through a store parking lot and to the left we see another bandwagon Utard wearing a Whorn ball cap. She did the right thing and showed the upside down horn gesture. His girl friend in response flipped us off... we continued driving to PetSmart.

Sniff Sniff... I was so proud of ma girl :)

BajaOklahoma
6/11/2006, 09:44 PM
I just love the classy whorns. :(

Kudos to the wife.

bigdsooner
6/11/2006, 09:46 PM
props to mrs hubler :)

soonerhubs
6/11/2006, 09:47 PM
I just love the classy whorns. :(

Kudos to the wife.
We laughed because we figured they probably didn't even know what the down with horns sign meant. We figured she was like... "Hey I think that girl in that ugly car there just flipped us off upside down:confused: ... lemme reply!"

oumartin
6/11/2006, 10:32 PM
classless sooner fans ;)

tulsaoilerfan
6/11/2006, 10:42 PM
Chick fight!!!!

noleamite
6/11/2006, 10:54 PM
good story

walkoffsooner
6/11/2006, 11:09 PM
Chick fight!!!!
Yummy:D

BajaOklahoma
6/11/2006, 11:30 PM
We laughed because we figured they probably didn't even know what the down with horns sign meant. We figured she was like... "Hey I think that girl in that ugly car there just flipped us off upside down:confused: ... lemme reply!"

You are probably correct. Dumb bandwagoners.
I start brainwashing the KN kids at my school very early on. When I see them in their lunch, most of them flash me the horns down! :D And quite a few are yelling Boomer Sooner! :D :D
It must be working, there are 6-10 kids from my school who graduate and go on to attend OU every year. :O

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 12:31 AM
What grade/subject do you teach?

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 12:50 AM
School Nurse. :) I get them all.
It's very interesting - not just bandaides and icepacks.
Lots of the premies have made it to school age - with unbelievable medical issues. Tube feedings, toilet training (:mad:), teaching them to chew and swallow, nebulizers, diabetics, CP, orthopedic issues, fine motor issues, seizures, autism, severe allergies and more.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 12:54 AM
Lots of the premies have made it to school age - with unbelievable medical issues. Tube feedings, toilet training (:mad:), teaching them to chew and swallow, nebulizers, diabetics, CP, orthopedic issues, fine motor issues, seizures, autism, severe allergies and more.

Man you have my sympathies as well. NO WAY could I deal with that. They couldn't pay me enough. Also, I hate kids. How do you stop yourself from just strangling the little satans?

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 01:23 AM
Man you have my sympathies as well. NO WAY could I deal with that. They couldn't pay me enough. Also, I hate kids. How do you stop yourself from just strangling the little satans?

I actually love & like 99.5% of the kids. It's an elementary school, ranked one of the best in the state for the entire time I've worked there. There are some kids that are difficult do to lack of good parenting, but most are great. Our demographics are changing, which is going to interesting. It used to be that most of our moms were stay-at-home moms - now we have multiple families living in a home.
Kids this age want to please, love to give hugs and smile a lot. And the kids are nice to me as I am regarded as someone who helps them feel better. Got them fooled, don't I?

Octavian
6/12/2006, 01:30 AM
sounds like the tshirt/ballcap epidemic has hit Utah like its hit the East Coast.

I've probably asked over 50 people (wearing the filth) I've seen back here if they went to UT.

A couple have said yes.

The usual response is, "Nah, I like the hat though."

Blue
6/12/2006, 01:39 AM
I see way more OU tags than ut here in Atlanta.

Melo
6/12/2006, 01:42 AM
I dont care what any of you say, living in Aggie land sucks worse than any of that stuff.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 01:43 AM
I dont care what any of you say, living in Aggie land sucks worse than any of that stuff.
Ah Melo! You know how to talk to me!

Melo
6/12/2006, 01:45 AM
Ah Melo! You know how to talk to me!

I do? :confused:

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 01:47 AM
I actually love & like 99.5% of the kids. It's an elementary school, ranked one of the best in the state for the entire time I've worked there. There are some kids that are difficult do to lack of good parenting, but most are great. Our demographics are changing, which is going to interesting. It used to be that most of our moms were stay-at-home moms - now we have multiple families living in a home.
Kids this age want to please, love to give hugs and smile a lot. And the kids are nice to me as I am regarded as someone who helps them feel better. Got them fooled, don't I?

I admire that I do. I have a hard time with kids. For one, they annoy me; I think kids are emotionally smart enough to sense that. Also, I have a hard time relating to them; because, I'm a pretty aloof standoffish type guy and that's not conducive to having fun with kids.

I used to teach swim lessons and co-coached a little league swimteam, and the kids always drove me NUTS (no offense to Hubler if any of his relatives were in my class. I'm sure they were wonderful exceptions). I mean trying to teach a dozen 6 year olds how to swim is just not the funnest thing in the world. I eventually started teaching advanced and competitive swimming with older groups, and I enjoyed that much more generally.

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 01:49 AM
I do? :confused:
I feel toward Aggies what GDC feels toward Whorns.

Melo
6/12/2006, 01:51 AM
I feel toward Aggies what GDC feels toward Whorns.

I live an hour away from aTm, and I go to a school with the rest of the students, 99% of them being too dumb to get into aTm. If that gives you ANY idea about the people I go to school with. :(

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 01:54 AM
SicEm, you are wise to realize that working with young kids isn't your strength. It is easier when they are your own though, you have the advantage of knowing them and shaping their behavior.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2006, 10:00 AM

So Baja, based on your experience...

Would you say the extraordinary efforts to keep the preemies alive contributed negatively on thier lifestyle? Also, do you think a society should go after life in all cases or is there a point where perhaps medicine has overtaken our current ability to maintain a certain lifestyle?

Partial Qualifier
6/12/2006, 10:13 AM

Would you say the extraordinary efforts to keep the preemies alive contributed negatively on thier lifestyle? Also, do you think a society should go after life in all cases or is there a point where perhaps medicine has overtaken our current ability to maintain a certain lifestyle?

Maybe we should ask the preemies themselves whether or not their life was worth all that hassle

:confused:

Flagstaffsooner
6/12/2006, 10:28 AM
Hub, next time drop trou.

soonerhubs
6/12/2006, 10:30 AM
Hub, next time drop trou.
Huh? :confused:

TheHumanAlphabet
6/12/2006, 11:50 AM
Maybe we should ask the preemies themselves whether or not their life was worth all that hassle

:confused:

Oh come on...I'm asking a legit question from a person with 1st hand knowledge of the situation.

I firmly believe that our medical abilities have outraced society's and family's ability to take care of certain medical issues. Sometimes people without extraordinary medical help would have died.

Your comment cannot be answered. Sure EVERYONE should have a chance and should live. I would love for everyone to live forever. But we don't, I for one don't want to live on a machine. Some people want to live no matter what. I had to help my best friends go through the death of their twin sons at child birth. They were born, but were too young with incomplete lungs. They could have tried to go through the extraordinary preemie efforts, but chose to let God choose. They were able to be with them and have them baptized and christened before they both passed away.

BajaOklahoma
6/12/2006, 11:53 AM

Based on the kids that I have at school who were premies, yes the money has been well spent. Some of the kids will require assisted living homes, but be able to hold jobs, however minimal. Several of our premie kids have health issues that can eventually be corrected, such as the swallowing. Some of our premies are in advanced classes and smarter than I was at their age.
And I can't begin to tell you how much they have added to our school in terms of interaction with their classmates (patience, consideration, thoughtfulness) and the staff (flexibility, creativeness, speed to catch a couple of them).
And, when heroic measures are undertaken to save a premie, there is no way to know what the outcome would be. Heck, that holds true for a full-term birth too.