PDA

View Full Version : campaigning in 100+ degree heat is the

jk the sooner fan
6/11/2006, 05:35 PM
SUCK

spent most of yesterday walking door to door in Hennessey, helping my aunt campaign for re-election in Kingfisher county......

jeebus it was hot

OCUDad
6/11/2006, 05:38 PM
I'm sure this doesn't apply to your aunt, but politicians should get used to the heat. Where most of 'em are eventually going, it's gonna be a real scorcher. ;)

jk the sooner fan
6/11/2006, 05:47 PM
your right, it doesnt apply......she's a judge

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/11/2006, 05:49 PM
I'm sure she appreciates your efforts, jk...

But if she doesn't, then throw the nasty-a$$, sweaty, grody shirt you wore yesterday at her nose.

royalfan5
6/11/2006, 06:30 PM
When is the election? Cause I'd be ticked if I was out in that heat for a November election.

Okla-homey
6/11/2006, 07:17 PM
I put up a yard sign in my yard for a d00d who is running against our moronic incumbent DA in Tulsa. Then I went back inside.

jk the sooner fan
6/11/2006, 10:19 PM
the primary vote is july 25th, if she carries 50% plus 1, she wins, and wont have to worry about november.......if she doesnt, then the top 2 go to the november election

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/11/2006, 10:31 PM
You should change the title of this thread to "complaining in the 100+ degree heat is the"

rimshot.

;)

noleamite
6/11/2006, 10:36 PM
I'm sure this doesn't apply to your aunt, but politicians should get used to the heat. Where most of 'em are eventually going, it's gonna be a real scorcher. ;)

lol

walkoffsooner
6/11/2006, 11:20 PM
Hang around the pool . I bet there are alot of young mothers there needing guidence.On how to vote.And you can practice judging people.:cool:

jk the sooner fan
6/11/2006, 11:46 PM
i will say this, its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger

just seemed funny to me

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 11:48 PM
I put up a yard sign in my yard for a d00d who is running against our moronic incumbent DA in Tulsa. Then I went back inside.

You're not talking about Tim Harris are you?

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 11:50 PM
SUCK

spent most of yesterday walking door to door in Hennessey, helping my aunt campaign for re-election in Kingfisher county......

jeebus it was hot

You have my sympathies. I think back on all the towns, neighborhoods, and streets that I've block walked for various campaigns. Almost every day after clas and 11am to sundown on weekends.

I still do a little bit of it, but thankfully now I've been upgraded to work that doesn't involve sweating my *** off outside in 100 degree heat. I'd still do it if I were needed to, but generally there are other things for me to focus on.

Scott D
6/12/2006, 12:56 AM
your right, it doesnt apply......she's a judge

no there's a special level of hell reserved for judges ;)

it's the one where they are stuck with lawyers 24/7 ;)

Octavian
6/12/2006, 01:00 AM
its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger

women should follow our lead

jacru
6/12/2006, 02:04 AM
"If you can't stand the heat... " :D

SicEmBaylor
6/12/2006, 02:16 AM
I was block walking this gated retired community in Georgetown, Tx (between Austin and Waco) called "Sun City." This place is geriatric heaven. No kids and they have all of their own EVERYTHING. Everyone drives around this gated town in their golf carts where the men spend their day golfing and the women do whatever it is that women do.

Anyway, this place is also like 97% registered Republican and they all vote in EVERY election. It's like a gold mine of primary voters, but getting in can be tricky. So I'm block walking and I reach this one house with the door open but the screen shut and locked. I ring the door bell and this woman with a walker wheeling an oxygen tank behind her is coming to the door. She doesn't really look up until she gets there and she looks at me and SCREAMS, "OMG PLEASE LEAVE PLEASE LEAVE." She then turns around and literally runs at a good clip to get away from me.

I have no clue what scared her. I was clean cut, dressed in slacks, and had a tucked in polo shirt. I wasn't exactly Satan's minion.

Octavian
6/12/2006, 02:19 AM
Truman Democrats are good people like that ;)

Melo
6/12/2006, 02:26 AM
I was block walking this gated retired community in Georgetown, Tx (between Austin and Waco) called "Sun City." This place is geriatric heaven. No kids and they have all of their own EVERYTHING. Everyone drives around this gated town in their golf carts where the men spend their day golfing and the women do whatever it is that women do.

Anyway, this place is also like 97% registered Republican and they all vote in EVERY election. It's like a gold mine of primary voters, but getting in can be tricky. So I'm block walking and I reach this one house with the door open but the screen shut and locked. I ring the door bell and this woman with a walker wheeling an oxygen tank behind her is coming to the door. She doesn't really look up until she gets there and she looks at me and SCREAMS, "OMG PLEASE LEAVE PLEASE LEAVE." She then turns around and literally runs at a good clip to get away from me.

I have no clue what scared her. I was clean cut, dressed in slacks, and had a tucked in polo shirt. I wasn't exactly Satan's minion.

Heh. Ive been there. Good ol G-Town.

Anyways. Easiest way to get in? Take your grandpa.

soonerbrat
6/12/2006, 06:26 AM
i will say this, its amazing how many guys will answer the door shirtless to a total stranger

just seemed funny to me

what's wrong with answering the door shirtless?

jk the sooner fan
6/12/2006, 06:27 AM
what's wrong with answering the door shirtless?

nothing.........if my doorbell rings, and i'm sans shirt, i put one on.....maybe its just me

didnt offend me, just thought it was funny

soonerbrat
6/12/2006, 06:28 AM
i answer the door shirtless all the time :D

Sooner in Tampa
6/12/2006, 06:41 AM
i answer the door shirtless all the time :D:eek:

jk the sooner fan
6/12/2006, 07:28 AM

hey nowwwwwwww, how YOU doin

sooneron
6/12/2006, 07:35 AM
address plez.:texan:

Hamhock
6/12/2006, 09:53 AM
Did you tell anyone that your aunt hasn't been divorced and never loves wimmen?

jk the sooner fan
6/12/2006, 10:39 AM
umm no, should i have done so?

Viking Kitten
6/12/2006, 10:48 AM
SUCK

jeebus it was hot

For some psychotic reason, I felt compelled to go running yesterday afternoon in said 100+degree heat. I usually go about three miles, but yesterday, I realized at about 1.75 miles that I was about to go into shock or something and stopped. I think I'll be treadmilling it til fall.

Jimminy Crimson
6/12/2006, 11:25 AM
Welcome to my life! :texan:

If you ever feel like coming up to OKC to do the same thing before July 25th, give me a shout.

jk the sooner fan
6/12/2006, 11:32 AM
i have to go up one more day and hit okarche.....and thats it for me!

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 07:55 AM
i did this again yesterday.....hotter than the first time i did it......hennessey and kingfisher......HOT HOT HOT

i'll be glad when this election is over

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 08:07 AM
i did this again yesterday.....hotter than the first time i did it......hennessey and kingfisher......HOT HOT HOT

i'll be glad when this election is over

What are you running for?

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 08:08 AM
nothing

my aunt is running for re-election as judge in kingfisher county

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 08:15 AM
nothing

my aunt is running for re-election as judge in kingfisher county

You know, its kinda funny here in Tulsa County. Judges run for election and re-election, but its considered poor form to campaign for the gig. All they can do is put up signs. It is considered to be unethical and un-"judgy" for aspiring members of the bench to go about seeking votes. They aren't even allowed to claim a party affiliation.

Its all nice in theory, but the problem is, unless the voter is plugged in the to the local legal scene in some way (lawyer, etc.) the voter knows virtually nothing about judicial candidates.

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 08:29 AM
she's got two opponents, one of which is running a dirty campaign (he's retired JAG colonel, makes me sick).....she has no choice but to go knock on doors

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 08:31 AM
she's got two opponents, one of which is running a dirty campaign (he's retired JAG colonel, makes me sick).....she has no choice but to go knock on doors

Well good luck to her. I know what you mean, JAGs can be pains in the kiester.

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 08:33 AM
he's mischaracterizing his military career a bit....semantics to make it seem something that it isnt

she's been on the bench for 12 years now, former assistant US attorney (she prosecuted many of the county commissioners back in the 70's)....plus she's the best aunt a guy could have

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 09:22 AM
he's mischaracterizing his military career a bit....semantics to make it seem something that it isnt

she's been on the bench for 12 years now, former assistant US attorney (she prosecuted many of the county commissioners back in the 70's)....plus she's the best aunt a guy could have

does he have a website? I might be able to give you some military insight...in a peem of course;)

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 11:36 AM
does he have a website? I might be able to give you some military insight...in a peem of course;)

you seem to forget i did 21 years in the military......as a CID agent, i'm extremely familiar with the JAG corps

but i appreciate the offer!

Okla-homey
7/15/2006, 02:05 PM
you seem to forget i did 21 years in the military......as a CID agent, i'm extremely familiar with the JAG corps

but i appreciate the offer!

But of course, I forgot. You would know if he was claiming to be the best thing since Patton while in actual fact he only drafted Article 15 paperwork for 20 years.:D

tulsaoilerfan
7/15/2006, 02:19 PM
Working in 100 degree heat isn't much fun either

jk the sooner fan
7/15/2006, 03:02 PM
But of course, I forgot. You would know if he was claiming to be the best thing since Patton while in actual fact he only drafted Article 15 paperwork for 20 years.:D

he has a distinguished career.....he was a military judge, but his pamphlet just says "x years of judicial experience"....leads somebody to think its the same type of jucidiary that he's running for

he served as the jag advisor for an airborne unit, and the way he's got that worded makes you think he was a war hero

its very subtle stuff, but my BS meter picked up on it...