PDA

View Full Version : CONSPIRACY!!! Offseason too long!

goingoneight
6/11/2006, 02:01 PM
Lord knows other sports would fall off broadcast if NCAAF lasted forever in a freakin' day like baseball and B-Ball. :(

One more reason why football OWNS all other sports--

BOO-MER!!!

Jello Biafra
6/11/2006, 02:13 PM
Lord knows other sports would fall off broadcast if NCAAF lasted forever in a freakin' day like baseball and B-Ball. :(

BOO-MER!!!

sooner.

it helps if you go to the yard dawgs a few times a season......

goingoneight
6/11/2006, 02:15 PM
yeah, but I work with the Talons, so that's...

1. kinda boring
2. against the Talons' sacred rules (they're kinda aggy about OCK)

SouthFortySooner
6/11/2006, 04:45 PM
It is with trepidation I log on during the offseason. For at no other time is the axiom true, "No news is good news". An injury or off-the-field shenanigans are all that is newsworthy at this point. :eek:

tulsaoilerfan
6/11/2006, 06:32 PM
Less than 3 months to go!!

Snrfn4ever08
6/11/2006, 09:43 PM
i got a counter up on myspace. counts down to the very second until the beginning of the day. i wish it would countdown all the way up until kickoff
http://www.myspace.com/snrfn4ever08

Aries
6/12/2006, 09:06 AM
yeah, but I work with the Talons, so that's...

1. kinda boring
2. against the Talons' sacred rules (they're kinda aggy about OCK)

Arena football is the only thing that gets me through until real football starts...

LOVE the Talons... what do you do for them?

OKC is a huge rivalry... but what do you mean by "kinda aggy" about them? What are the rules?

Just curious...

RedstickSooner
6/12/2006, 09:30 AM

BOO-MER!!!

I, uhm, respectfully disagree, Eight. Or, I do if I understand you right -- that it's a testimony to the awesomeness of football that the season is over so quick.

I'd way prefer we add another month to the schedule, in the form of four additional bye weeks for each team. Seems to me more weeks off during the season would help players stay healthy, but more importantly, it'd add a glorious month to the way-too-short awesomeness which is college football.

With baseball, hockey, and basketball seasons all lasting, apparently, about 11 months each, it seems a travesty that football barely eeks out a four month existence, and much of that existence (december) hardly counts, since it's a couple weeks of dead space, followed by crud bowls which gradually ramp up to decency at the end of the month.

I'd rather the season ran full-tilt through december, with bowls games in January. Yeah, it'd lose some of the traditional feel if we had Groundhog Day for the biggest bowl games of the year instead of New Year's Day, but that's a weirdness I'd be willing to accept, if it'd extend the season.

And, yeah, we could move the season the other way, but August is too damned hot for football. Heck, September is often too damned hot for football :mad:

Mac94
6/12/2006, 10:13 AM
Less than three months to go:

Preview mags on hitting the shelves,
The State 7-7 tournies are running so that gives us a bit of recruiting news
The High School All-Star games are coming up (sneak peek at the future)
NFL will open training camps in late July
Preseason NFL games (yes, they aren't good football ... BUT IT'S STILL FOOTBALL!!!!)
Big-12 Media days
The kids will start to report.
FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!!

June and July are the LONGEST months of the year.

goingoneight
6/12/2006, 10:01 PM
Arena football is the only thing that gets me through until real football starts...

LOVE the Talons... what do you do for them?

OKC is a huge rivalry... but what do you mean by "kinda aggy" about them? What are the rules?

Just curious...

Well, it just started helping shag lost footballs for my friend Allison, now we do the away-game advertising at local pubs and I still volunteer a lil' extra. It's not full-time. And by "kinda aggy," it was just a funny little remark. OUr fans and associates kinda get an evil look on their faces when you mention OKC... No harm intended... :D No rules, I guess for AF2, it's kinda like OU/OSU, only we're the ones all p!ssed off all of the time... :O

I, uhm, respectfully disagree, Eight. Or, I do if I understand you right -- that it's a testimony to the awesomeness of football that the season is over so quick.

I'd way prefer we add another month to the schedule, in the form of four additional bye weeks for each team. Seems to me more weeks off during the season would help players stay healthy, but more importantly, it'd add a glorious month to the way-too-short awesomeness which is college football.

With baseball, hockey, and basketball seasons all lasting, apparently, about 11 months each, it seems a travesty that football barely eeks out a four month existence, and much of that existence (december) hardly counts, since it's a couple weeks of dead space, followed by crud bowls which gradually ramp up to decency at the end of the month.

I'd rather the season ran full-tilt through december, with bowls games in January. Yeah, it'd lose some of the traditional feel if we had Groundhog Day for the biggest bowl games of the year instead of New Year's Day, but that's a weirdness I'd be willing to accept, if it'd extend the season.

And, yeah, we could move the season the other way, but August is too damned hot for football. Heck, September is often too damned hot for football :mad:

For you, I wasn't meaning to disrespect you or any other for being a fan of another sport. I played baseball for many years and still enjoys playing in my adult softball league weekly. I guess you could say this was more of another "let's get this season started already" kind of thread. I don't think at all that CFL needs to play like 100 games as the othger sports do, NO WAY could any team survive that!!! :eek: However, another month for bowl season to sort of be made into a playoff system would be cool... like... top 16 teams play respective bowls and the best of the best (no elimination, judge by numbers and performance) play on for the title... I dunno, rough draft.

Sorry for the :confused: ...