PDA

View Full Version : Sooneron and NY Sooners

Jerk
6/11/2006, 11:32 AM
I'd avoid the subway, just to be safe.

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/site/modules/news/article.php?storyid=343

9 June 2006: We have seen dual successes within the last week in the war against Islamic based terror - one involving domestic intelligence agencies breaking elements of an international terror cell based in Canada, and the other involving the acutely successful military operation that killed a top terrorist based in Iraq, Jordanian thug Abu Musab al Zarqawi. Despite these highly visible successes, some U.S. intelligence officials are privately expressing a great deal of concern over potentially imminent “terrorist events” that they feel are a very real possibility for the continental U.S.

Investigators from the Northeast Intelligence Network interviewed two officers assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force (JTTF) within the last 24-hours; one official is based in Boston and the other in New York. Neither officer could grant us permission to use their names for this interview, but both are well known to this agency. In the interview with the federal officer based in the Boston area late yesterday, he acknowledged that there are multiple, significant “pre-incident indicators” that are causing a great deal of concern among investigators. Although he declined to publicly cite the indicators, he said that some are consistent with those events that led up to the London train bombings. He acknowledged that investigations and surveillance operations are actively in progress across the U.S., some in conjunction with Canadian authorities.

A second official based in New York was equally concerned and somewhat more specific. “We are looking at the possibility of something taking place on our mass transit systems, and also have concerns about large crowd gatherings in confined areas.” He added that “despite what is being said publicly, there is specific information being acted upon in [numerous] locations inside the U.S. I just can’t get any more specific than that,” he added.

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:42 AM
Crap, i'll be there in a few weeks and love using it.

On a side not, I will be spending the 4th of July across the street from the whitehouse. Hopefully nothing happens there.

NYSooner1355
6/11/2006, 01:45 PM
I love it when they tell us they have "specific" information but cannot get any more "specific" than that...

thanks for the heads up...luckily for me I don't ride the subways, unluckily for me, if they ever do something to the bridges I ain't ever getting of this floating rock