PDA

View Full Version : heheheh, this is amusing

proud gonzo
6/11/2006, 10:27 AM
A friend of mine just emailed this to me

Dude, where’s my voters?

Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Brandon Dutcher
After George W. Bush’s re-election in 2004, I suspect many Oklahoma Gazette readers could identify with the liberal radio host Garrison Keillor who, despondent over the election results, said he spent an evening “crouched in a fetal position, rolling around and moaning in the dark.”

But I would suggest that if liberals want their team to win more elections, they need to start worrying about other people who are crouched in a fetal position.

In an article published in 2004 on the Web site of The Wall Street Journal editorial page, public policy researcher Larry Eastland detailed how Democrats are losing voters — literally — through abortion.

“Republicans have fewer abortions than their proportion of the population, Democrats have more than their proportion of the population,” Eastland wrote. “The more ideologically Democratic the voters are (self-identified liberals), the more abortions they have.”

He estimated that since Roe v. Wade, Democrats have lost nearly 6 million more voters than Republicans have. In Oklahoma, the net disadvantage for Democrats amounted to 20,983 “missing voters” in 2004.

“The Democrats have given the Republicans a decided advantage in electoral politics, one that grows with each election,” he observed.

And it’s not just abortion. Family banning takes other forms as well. In the cover story in the current issue of Foreign Policy, adapted recently in USA Today, Phillip Longman pointed out that “the greatly expanded childless segment of contemporary society” tends to be liberal.

“Among states that voted for President George W. Bush in 2004, fertility rates are 12 percent higher than in states that voted for Sen. John Kerry,” he wrote. “Childlessness and small families are increasingly the norm today among progressive secularists.”

Among Oklahoma voters, there’s only one group — senior citizens — that says it votes more Democratically than Republican, according to Pat McFerron, director of survey research at Cole Hargrave Snodgrass & Associates. Among Oklahomans under 45, Republican candidates enjoy a 20-point advantage. “Clearly, as nature takes its course, Oklahoma will steadily become more Republican,” he said.

The law of unintended consequences is not mocked. Eastland pointed out that millions of missing Democrat voters — missing because of the abortion policies advocated by Democrats — gave Bush his margin of victory in 2000. “Whoever digs a pit will fall into it,” the proverb says, “and he who rolls a stone will have it roll back on him.”

As the “secular and libertarian elements in society fail to reproduce,” Longman observed in Foreign Policy magazine, “people adhering to more traditional, patriarchal values inherit society by default. … The descendants of parents who have three or more children will be hugely overrepresented in subsequent generations, and so will the values and ideas that led their parents to have large families.”

So get with it, liberals! While creative-class Kerry Okies with medicated wombs are sipping lattes and listening to NPR, the procreative class is multiplying and filling the earth.

If liberals persist in their planned barrenhood, contraceiving and aborting their base, the country is going to be taken over by pro-marriage, pro-family, gun-toting religious homeschoolers who don’t like high taxes and big government. In other words, the kinds of people who founded the country.

Harry Beanbag
6/11/2006, 10:33 AM
I love the last paragraph. :)

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 10:41 AM
I love the last paragraph. :)

That last paragraph is a bunch of bull****. Every damn Republican hypocrite in this country loooooves Big Government as long as it's "their" government.

OCUDad
6/11/2006, 10:43 AM
That last paragraph is a bunch of bull****. Every damn Republican hypocrite in this country loooooves Big Government as long as it's "their" government.You are missing the point. The true message is that we should all go out and **** like crazed bunny rabbits so that our political beliefs shall prevail by sheer force of numbers.

I don't know about the political part, but the bunny rabbit part has me intrigued. :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 10:51 AM
I think we should all turn into hippies, do some drugs, bury our heads and hope the Islamic fundamentalists will like us better that way.

oumartin
6/11/2006, 10:51 AM
if they would just legalize prostitution all would be right in this country again.

MamaMia
6/11/2006, 10:53 AM
As a republican, all I know for sure is that if theres a republican primary for the presidency, I will not vote for an ag with horn loving daughters whos so misguided as to visit Booneville for any reason other than to see the cowpokes get beat by Sooners. :P

dolemitesooner
6/11/2006, 10:56 AM
if they would just legalize prostitution all would be right in this country again.
Where do you get these ****ing ideas?:O

oumartin
6/11/2006, 11:00 AM
i have my finger on the pulse of the nation.

Jerk
6/11/2006, 11:08 AM
That last paragraph is a bunch of bull****. Every damn Republican hypocrite in this country loooooves Big Government as long as it's "their" government.

Believe me, there are alot of republicans very upset at the growth of .gov over the last 6 years. It's not something the far right wing of the party expected or wanted. Heck, I'd cut many gov't agencies totally off if I had my way.

NEA - bye
Dept of Education - bye
BATFE - bye
NPR -cya

and so on

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:17 AM
Believe me, there are alot of republicans very upset at the growth of .gov over the last 6 years. It's not something the far right wing of the party expected or wanted. Heck, I'd cut many gov't agencies totally off if I had my way.

NEA - bye
Dept of Education - bye
BATFE - bye
NPR -cya

and so on

It's not just the government spending that's the problem, but government authority. If some right-wing Republicans had their way, the federal government would consist of nothing but the military, the Department of Domestic Surveillance, the Department of Morality Enforcement, and the Department of Keeping Out Messicans.

Jerk
6/11/2006, 11:21 AM
It's not just the government spending that's the problem, but government authority. If some right-wing Republicans had their way, the federal government would consist of nothing but the military, the Department of Domestic Surveillance, and the Department of Morality Enforcement.

I always prefered these three functions: 1) Defense and border security 2) Build roads and regulate interstate transportion (like ATC) 3) post office

There's nothing else that the .gov needs to be doing, unless pollution is crossing state lines. Then I see a limited role for the EPA

Everything else can be done at the local level. Californias envoronmental standards are stricter than the feds. New Yorks gun laws are stricter than the feds. I have no problem with that. And you don't need New Jerey gun laws enforced on Wyoming.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:23 AM
It's not just the government spending that's the problem, but government authority. If some right-wing Republicans had their way, the federal government would consist of nothing but the military, the Department of Domestic Surveillance, the Department of Morality Enforcement, and the Department of Keeping Out Messicans.I suggest that you study up on conservative ideals or just stop speaking for us. I'll let you figure out why.

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:23 AM
It's not just the government spending that's the problem, but government authority. If some right-wing Republicans had their way, the federal government would consist of nothing but the military, the Department of Domestic Surveillance, the Department of Morality Enforcement, and the Department of Keeping Out Messicans.

And somehow, they keep winning elections.

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:26 AM
And somehow, they keep winning elections.

Bush is also in favor of the Department of Giving Away Money to Old People, so vote-buying still works, as does FUD, the other political standby.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:29 AM
Bush is also in favor of the Department of Giving Away Money to Old People, so vote-buying still works, as does FUD, the other political standby.Yeah, cuz helping poor seniors afford medicine is just terrible, although I wouldn't have voted for it. Now lets talk about affirmative action and welfare, who buys more votes?

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:30 AM
Bush is also in favor of the Department of Giving Away Money to Old People, so vote-buying still works, as does FUD, the other political standby.

Well, looks like we have arrived back at FantasyLand folks. Watch your step when exiting the monorail.

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:31 AM
Yeah, cuz helping poor seniors afford medicine is just terrible, although I wouldn't have voted for it. Now lets talk about affirmative action and welfare, who buys more votes?

What ever you do, don't mention what the unions do for votes.

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:32 AM
Yeah, cuz helping poor seniors afford medicine is just terrible

But it's not just poor seniors is it?

Now lets talk about affirmative action and welfare, who buys more votes?

So if one side does it it's okay for the other side to do it?

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:35 AM
But it's not just poor seniors is it?Sure it is. I doubt very many rich seniors care to fill out all the paperwork but I'd be for a means test FOR EVERY GOVT. PROGRAM, INCLUDING SOCIAL SECURITY!

So if one side does it it's okay for the other side to do it?I didn't say anything of the sort. You did.

yermom
6/11/2006, 11:37 AM
while it's funny, it's not like Republicans don't get abortions... they are just hypocritical about it

i wish i could find the story about the anti-abortion protestors that would sneak in for abortions so that no one recognized them :eek:

but i think the real point is like Harvey Danger said, "only stupid people are breeding" :P

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:39 AM
I didn't say anything of the sort. You did.

When?

yermom
6/11/2006, 11:41 AM
I suggest that you study up on conservative ideals or just stop speaking for us. I'll let you figure out why.

he said "some"

but they happen to be the ones in charge

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:42 AM
while it's funny, it's not like Republicans don't get abortions... they are just hypocritical about it

i wish i could find the story about the anti-abortion protestors that would sneak in for abortions so that no one recognized them :eek:

And there are private jet flying, super car driving, obese environmentalists.

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:42 AM
he said "some"

I should know better than to use qualifiers in a political thread.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:43 AM
I should know better than to use qualifiers in a political thread.heh

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:44 AM
I generally try to avoid them. ;)

yermom
6/11/2006, 11:45 AM
And there are private jet flying, super car driving, obese environmentalists.

i'd bet their numbers are smaller :P

of course, killing babies because they aren't convienient isn't nearly as bad as those things mentioned

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 11:47 AM
And there are...obese environmentalists.

Environmentalists are all vegans. You ever seen a vegan that didn't look they could use a double cheeseburger or three?

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:48 AM
I've always had a special place in my heart for the rich libz who so desperatly want higher taxes and income redistribution.

Yet, they never seem to be examples to us all and do it themselves.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:49 AM
i'd bet their numbers are smaller :P

of course, killing babies because they aren't convienient isn't nearly as bad as those things mentionedTrue, killing babies is always a bad thing. Unfortunately, it only seems to matter to Dims when it occures on accident by US military personel.

Big Red Ron
6/11/2006, 11:50 AM
And yes, that was the sound of civility you heard go out the window. It was brief and kinda nice but not in anyones long term interest. ;)

OklahomaTuba
6/11/2006, 11:51 AM
Killing unborn babies = OK!

Killing terrorists = BAD!!

;)

Dead Horse
6/11/2006, 12:16 PM
why do you hate me so much? Haven't I had enough abuse?

MamaMia
6/11/2006, 12:24 PM

but i think the real point is like Harvey Danger said, "only stupid people are breeding" :P
I have lots of democrat friends who dont believe in abortion. There is a Pro-Life Democrat group.

yermom
6/11/2006, 12:32 PM
i wasn't trying to say "all Dims kill babies"

i'm just not fond of hypocrasy ;)

i'm more liberal than conservative, but i think abortion is murder

that has some to do with how i don't call myself a democrat, i guess though