PDA

View Full Version : F'n hillbilly bombs killed raghead

Flagstaffsooner
6/11/2006, 06:25 AM
Oklahoma workers learn their bombs killed terrorist

By Chad Previch
The Oklahoman

McALESTER - The two green 500-pound bombs that killed Iraq's most-feared terrorist leader, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, were made at the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, a spokesman for the plant said Friday.
The news made employees there proud.
"We want to make the best munitions possible and help our war fighters and hopefully bring them home safely really soon," said Carol Honeywell, 58, who started making bombs at the plant after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. "It's an honor to do something to help my country, and I feel like that is helping my country."
There are about 1,300 employees who work at McAlester, plant spokesman Mark Hughes said. The bombs used to kill al-Zarqawi could be up to 30 years old.
"We are the premiere bomb maker for the Department of Defense," Hughes said.
Tips from within al-Zarqawi's own terrorist network helped the United States find and bomb a safe house where the al-Qaida leader was meeting in secret with top associates, American military officials said. The $25 million bounty on al-Zarqawi's head is expected to be honored.
Al-Zarqawi was killed after an intense two-week hunt that U.S. officials said first led to the terrorist leader's spiritual adviser and then to him.
Two U.S. F-16s dropped a laser-guided GBU-12 and a satellite-guided GBU-38 bomb, according to U.S. Air Force Lt. Gen. Gary L. North, commander of U.S. and coalition air operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Hughes said those are both 500-pound bombs.
The McAlester plant fills shells from Texas with 250 pounds of explosives before sending them elsewhere to be fitted with a guidance system. Contributing: The Associated Press

You Go Okies!

Okla-homey
6/11/2006, 01:37 PM
May God bless those McAlester ordnance workers. Their "martial arts" are quite effective in annihilating evil-doers. Git-R-Done!

olevetonahill
6/11/2006, 02:50 PM
Heh . My sister worked there for years , Then got transferred to Indiana

Tailwind
6/11/2006, 05:39 PM
Way to go MacAlester dudes!

bigdsooner
6/11/2006, 06:01 PM
sweet :D

the_ouskull
6/11/2006, 10:34 PM
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they're releasing personal information on the guys who created the bomb that just killed a terrorist bigwig...?

Terrorists aren't known for their ability to "let things slide..." Ya know?

the_ouskull

picasso
6/11/2006, 11:41 PM
Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that they're releasing personal information on the guys who created the bomb that just killed a terrorist bigwig...?

Terrorists aren't known for their ability to "let things slide..." Ya know?

the_ouskull
good point. if I ever have to beat down a career criminal. I don't want a story in the local paper posted about me and my whereabouts.:)

walkoffsooner
6/12/2006, 05:09 AM
way to contribute to the effort.Thanks