PDA

View Full Version : Motor Scooter

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 02:39 AM
I'm giving good consideration to getting a little motor scooter just to get to class and around my little area of Waco. It's such a pain in the *** to drive the two blocks to class, find a parking space, and deal with the traffic. A scooter would save soo much time and even gas money.

Something like this
http://www.asoguinama.com/images/steve/Axix-90-Motor-Scooter.jpg

However, this might be a little eh ghey.

p.s. Yes, I could walk the 2 blocks but campus and my apartment are seperated by I-35 making it a rather trecherous journey.

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 02:40 AM
Melo says to go for it.

Melo
6/11/2006, 02:41 AM
Melo says to go for it.

Heh. :D

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 02:42 AM
My God, I'm going to be so freaking coooool.

Melo
6/11/2006, 02:42 AM
You can come home and park it right next to your bug:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/image001.jpg

:D

Jimminy Crimson
6/11/2006, 02:44 AM
room

:cool:

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 02:45 AM
I'm going to get it to MATCH the bug then I'll be so cool you'll have to pay to be seen with me.

Flagstaffsooner
6/11/2006, 02:46 AM
geeks

Melo
6/11/2006, 02:48 AM
You have to keep up, buddy. Im not working for you any more. I am now in Octavians services.

Blue
6/11/2006, 02:56 AM

By looking at that pic of the guy and the beetle...too late.:)

walkoffsooner
6/11/2006, 02:56 AM
I doubt if a four block ride a day will ever save you enough money to justify a scooter. Buy a motorcycle sell the bug.

Blue
6/11/2006, 02:58 AM
But you know what they say about scooters...

They're like fat girls...fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to know about it.

Jimminy Crimson
6/11/2006, 02:59 AM
But you know what they say about scooters...

They're like fat girls...fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to know about it.

no, thats mopeds! :twinkies:

Blue
6/11/2006, 02:59 AM
no, thats mopeds! :twinkies:

Same ****in thing, dip****. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
6/11/2006, 03:01 AM
Same ****in thing, dip****. ;)

i think in messico and the caribbean, scooters are known as mopeds.

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 03:04 AM
You have to keep up, buddy. Im not working for you any more. I am now in Octavians services.
Oh no no no!

Not Octavian!

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 03:04 AM
By looking at that pic of the guy and the beetle...too late.:)

I knwo the guy pretty well. Not gay, but he does enjoy the occasional Zima.

walkoffsooner
6/11/2006, 03:05 AM
You drive a bug and are worried about how you will look.:D

Melo
6/11/2006, 03:11 AM
Oh no no no!

Not Octavian!

He doesnt have a girlfriend, he doesnt drive a bug, he doesnt drink b***h beer (I dont think, anyways) And he tells me I'm funny. :)

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 03:17 AM
He doesnt have a girlfriend, he doesnt drive a bug, he doesnt drink b***h beer (I dont think, anyways) And he tells me I'm funny. :)

I believe you're insanely cute, but far more importantly you're an absolute pleasure to talk to. Furthermore, I admire you for the individuality that you have the courage to express which I never would. Your musical talents are indicative of an artistic side that is reflective of a curious mind and beautiful soul. You fascinate me and excite my sensibilities to the core.

Yes, I do desire your help in cooking and cleaning my apartment but I would never ever presume to force you into doing those activities yourself. Rather, I would join you becuase anything worth doing is worth doing with Melo.

Jimminy Crimson
6/11/2006, 03:19 AM
I believe you're insanely cute, but far more importantly you're an absolute pleasure to talk to. Furthermore, I admire you for the individuality that you have the courage to express which I never would. Your musical talents are indicative of an artistic side that is reflective of a curious mind and beautiful soul. You fascinate me and excite my sensibilities to the core.

Yes, I do desire your help in cooking and cleaning my apartment but I would never ever presume to force you into doing those activities yourself. Rather, I would join you becuase anything worth doing is worth doing with Melo.

If you can't reel her in with that, Melo has no soul. :)

[cue Marvin Gaye]

Melo
6/11/2006, 03:20 AM

I'd actually be kind of afraid of embarrassing you in public. If everyone around you is all in to the "conforming" bidness, I wont fit in, at all. And I really... REALLY... dont think you need one more thing to bring attention to yourself. Heh.

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 03:25 AM
I'd actually be kind of afraid of embarrassing you in public. If everyone around you is all in to the "conforming" bidness, I wont fit in, at all. And I really... REALLY... dont think you need one more thing to bring attention to yourself. Heh.

Ah, but what are rules? Rules are made to be broken, and you're worth breaking every rule in the book for. Embarrass me? Please! it would be an HONOR for me. As I've said I need someone opposite me to balance things out. You're a delight and the pleasure of your company would be all mine.

Melo
6/11/2006, 03:32 AM
Ah, but what are rules? Rules are made to be broken, and you're worth breaking every rule in the book for. Embarrass me? Please! it would be an HONOR for me. As I've said I need someone opposite me to balance things out. You're a delight and the pleasure of your company would be all mine.

How can two females be opposite? :confused:

;)

StoopTroup
6/11/2006, 04:18 AM
I'm giving good consideration to getting a little motor scooter just to get to class and around my little area of Waco. It's such a pain in the *** to drive the two blocks to class, find a parking space, and deal with the traffic. A scooter would save soo much time and even gas money.

Something like this
http://www.asoguinama.com/images/steve/Axix-90-Motor-Scooter.jpg

p.s. Yes, I could walk the 2 blocks but campus and my apartment are seperated by I-35 making it a rather trecherous journey.
Maybe this will help....

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70238

OUHOMER
6/11/2006, 07:24 AM
Check out the Suzuki burgman.. They have a scooter that is 600 cc. a good trunk for you books, can carry a passenger, drive on the interstate at 80 mph. gets about 50 mpg.

Flagstaffsooner
6/11/2006, 07:34 AM
Melo/Sic Em, puppy luv at it's best.

OUinFLA
6/11/2006, 07:49 AM
SicEm.................Melo is just playing hard to get.
My wife does that to me all the time.
You just keep groveling and begging and soon she will let do the small things in life with her..........like the dishes, dusting, grocery shopping..........

Flagstaffsooner
6/11/2006, 07:51 AM
SicEm.................Melo is just playing hard to get.
My wife does that to me all the time.
You just keep groveling and begging and soon she will let do the small things in life with her..........like the dishes, dusting, grocery shopping.............hurricane clean up.

OCUDad
6/11/2006, 09:56 AM
Open Letter to SicEm: Boy, if y'all are going to be a successful politician, you're going to have to change your public persona. You drive a Volkswagen Beetle, you are considering a color-coordinated scooter, and you grovel in pursuit of the unattainable Melo. This kind of behavior would get you elected nowhere except possibly San Francisco -- and then only if Melo were the same gender as you.

Cowboy up, son -- ditch the Beetle, buy a Harley, and Melo will come running after you to stand by your side as you get elected to increasingly higher office.

Or not.

dolemitesooner
6/11/2006, 10:23 AM

Can I borrow this? :D

49r
6/11/2006, 10:39 AM
Vespas (http://www.vespausa.com/) are cool.

GottaHavePride
6/11/2006, 11:37 AM
But you have to say "ciao" a lot when you ride one.

Jimminy Crimson
6/11/2006, 12:40 PM
But you have to say "ciao" a lot when you ride one.

...and eat a lot of prosciutto and parmigiana reggiano

Actually, if thats the case, count me IN! :texan:

SoonerInKCMO
6/11/2006, 07:04 PM
I certainly hope that there is something wrong with the color in that picture with the car... otherwise, you've compounded the problem of driving a Beetle by driving an orange Beetle. <shakes head>

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 07:55 PM
I certainly hope that there is something wrong with the color in that picture with the car... otherwise, you've compounded the problem of driving a Beetle by driving an orange Beetle. <shakes head>

It's the pic. It's very red.

Soonerfan88
6/11/2006, 07:58 PM
I recommend this one:

http://www.collegejersey.com/store/catalog/MOA10201F.jpg

soonerboomer93
6/11/2006, 08:36 PM
It's the pic. It's very pink, with a flower license plate

fixed it

GottaHavePride
6/11/2006, 08:54 PM
- It's not pink! It's lightish red!
- Dude, they have a name for lightish red. And it's PINK.

mdklatt
6/11/2006, 09:27 PM
It's such a pain in the *** to drive the two blocks to class

- drives two blocks to class
- can't change a flat tire
- drinks Zima

What are you, a sorority girl? ;)

OCUDad
6/11/2006, 10:31 PM
- drinks Zima

What are you, a sorority girl? ;)Hmmm... maybe the San Francisco option would work, after all.

olevetonahill
6/11/2006, 11:01 PM
he just needs to spend the summer working for Dean :)

Okla-homey
6/11/2006, 11:20 PM
he just needs to spend the summer working for Dean :)

Or hauling hay for my Uncle Elmer. "Off your a$$ and on your feet, oughtta the shade and in to the heat."

Another gem: "If I could fart them bales in to the barn I would, but I can't and that's what you boys is for. Now get after it!"

"Its hotter than a fresh f-----d sheep in a hot pepper patch. I wish you boys would quit goofin' around and get that hay in so I could get back on the porch"

SicEmBaylor
6/11/2006, 11:22 PM
- drinks Zima

What are you, a sorority girl? ;)

Well, yeah I'm only two blocks from campus but I'm seperated from campus by I-35 and in order to cross on foot I'd have to walk another 4-5 blocks up to the pedestrian overpass and then the 4-5 blocks back down to campus. That's 10 blocks. Which is why I want to get a scooter. I drive to class now, but finding a parking space on campus during the day is horrible.

A scooter would make it much easier to find a parking space, and it would reduce the cost of gas. Waco, especially around Baylor's campus, is not a pediestrian friendly area. A lot of college towns are easy to get around on foot or bike, but doing that in Waco is much more difficult. Again, a scooter would also let me run around that little part of Waco to run errands or pick up food without having to take the car out. Makes it a lot cheaper on gas.

Yes, I drive a RED ;) New Beetle. My parents surprised me with it for my 16th birthday, and I was proud to recieve a car then and I'm still proud to own it today. It probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was from the first year they came out and pretty neat at the time. Complaining about a gift that expensive from my parents who didn't have to get me anything at all would be beyond classless and quite rude.

I do know how to change a tire now. Admittedly I didn't until I was forced into the situation, and although I threw the wheel away I learned from that mistake and would not make it again.

Lastly, I do not like the taste of regular beer. Occasionally, I enjoy Rolling Rock. Otherwise I drink almost entirely hard liquor especially Vodka. I'm a Vodka guy except after a red-meat meal (eventhough yes I like it well done) when I usually order a Jack and Coke. I also like the taste of malted beverages b**** beer such as Smirnoff Ice. Zima is just flat tastey. It's not exactly a "grow you some chest hair" kind of drink, but I like it to just drink while lounging around. :D

GottaHavePride
6/11/2006, 11:52 PM
Lastly, I do not like the taste of regular beer. Occasionally, I enjoy Rolling Rock.
You need to try a good beer then. Rolling Rock is OK in a pinch, but try out a Newcastle Brown Ale or something that says either "Hefeweizen" or "Unfiltered Wheat" in the name - I recommend Boulevard or Pyramid.

Oh, and if the cute waitress doesn't bring you the hefeweizen with a lemon, ask for one - it goes in the beer. If the waitress isn't cute find a new bar. ;)