PDA

View Full Version : oklahoma missed out on a stud linebacker

HwMchUBnch
6/10/2006, 01:06 PM
jay henry was named to the 2006 all american playboy team. not sure if any of u guys remember the kid who played at Jenks High School but he was really good and has turned out to be alot better then alot of people ever imagined he would be. i knew him when i went to jenks, he was a grade younger and i remember when stoops came to the school to visit not with him but with jason carter who is at OU but has barely seen playing time. could of had a another great LB. sucks we missed out on this one. here is the article if anyone cares.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?story=9331

SoonersEnFuego
6/10/2006, 01:19 PM
Jay Henry can't hold Rufus' Jock

oumartin
6/10/2006, 01:22 PM
yeah, cuz he made the playboy team for his playing ability :rolleyes:

the_ouskull
6/10/2006, 01:47 PM
I hate to think that OU missed out on another clipboard holder. That is rather depressing...

the_ouskull

King Crimson
6/10/2006, 01:54 PM
jay henry was named to the 2006 all american playboy team. not sure if any of u guys remember the kid who played at Jenks High School but he was really good and has turned out to be alot better then alot of people ever imagined he would be. i knew him when i went to jenks, he was a grade younger and i remember when stoops came to the school to visit not with him but with jason carter who is at OU but has barely seen playing time. could of had a another great LB. sucks we missed out on this one. here is the article if anyone cares.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/page.cfm?story=9331

i'd prefer to see it as another Oklahoma kid who's done good for himself in the great, big, wide world of life.

oumartin
6/10/2006, 02:00 PM
he should be proud!

SoonerMooner
6/10/2006, 02:10 PM
Why are you fvcks slamming the kid? No one ever said he was better than any of our starters. And no one knows whether he would have started at OU or not.

The kid is the starting middle linebacker on a Top 5 team and has a 4.0 GPA - that is my definition of a stud.

tulsaoilerfan
6/10/2006, 02:12 PM
That's the fickle nature of recruiting; some hits, some misses; congrats to the Jenks kid for doing so good at WVA.

snp
6/10/2006, 05:17 PM
Can't get them all.

bringit
6/10/2006, 06:29 PM
this is an academic all-american team... not athletic. Nice though.

TheGodfather889
6/10/2006, 06:52 PM
OU had a shot to get Matt Leinart too. He was interested too I remember and he visited the campus. OU kind of pushed him to the side for Brent Rawls.:rolleyes: No point in being upset over losing some kids who were good.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 07:13 PM
Why are you fvcks slamming the kid? No one ever said he was better than any of our starters. And no one knows whether he would have started at OU or not.

The kid is the starting middle linebacker on a Top 5 team and has a 4.0 GPA - that is my definition of a stud.

Why are you calling everybody "fvcks"? It's a message board. Who gives a ****? His mom isn't gonna read this.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 07:15 PM
OU had a shot to get Matt Leinart too. He was interested too I remember and he visited the campus. OU kind of pushed him to the side for Brent Rawls.:rolleyes: No point in being upset over losing some kids who were good.

Leinart musta gone up against Rawls in a beer shotgunning contest. Rawls was always good in the shotgun. Leinart never stood a chance.

Big Red Ron
6/10/2006, 10:15 PM
Good for him. I'll take Rufus.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 10:20 PM
Good for him. I'll take Rufus.

Ding!

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2006, 10:30 PM
I think if LB was a position we was weak at I would be more upset about losing somebody....Glad he is making a name for himself

soonerhubs
6/10/2006, 11:17 PM
Good for him...

Like STEP said we're not sparse on that position so I'm not too worried.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/10/2006, 11:29 PM
Now if he was an All-American Left Tackle ....... ;)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/11/2006, 01:27 AM
Now if he was an All-American Left Tackle ....... ;)

or guard
or center
or fullback
or safety
or punter
or punt returner

:(

StoopTroup
6/11/2006, 03:44 AM
The article was written by WVU's SID.

It's not like his being picked was something that made him a Stud.

I am glad when a Hometown guy makes good, especially when they are getting an education and especially when they hit 4.0 while playing sports. It shows good character. Hopefully he will come home someday and help Oklahoma in the job market, make lots of money, pay taxes and become a OU Season Ticket Holder. He deserves to see some good Football once his NCAA Career is over.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/11/2006, 04:46 AM
or guard
or center
or fullback
or safety
or punter
or punt returner

:(

Better add QB and DE too because Nick said they REALLY arent that good either ;)

Soonerman08
6/11/2006, 01:10 PM
Why are you calling everybody "fvcks"? It's a message board. Who gives a ****? His mom isn't gonna read this.

Doesn't matter anyways....Rawls nor Leinart would have beaten out Jason.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/11/2006, 01:13 PM
Doesn't matter anyways....Rawls nor Leinart would have beaten out Jason.

I didn't know that Jason drank.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/11/2006, 01:24 PM
He doesn't very often but when he does...he turns into the Incredible Hulk

Rock Hard Corn Frog
6/12/2006, 08:39 AM
Are we talking about Henry, Jay Henry?

Wasn't he a fireman and a Jerod fan?

stoopified
6/12/2006, 10:02 AM
THIS JUST IN:OU misses out on Wes Welker .Mark it down the kid WILL be a major player at TT,I even think we wil lsee him in the NFL.However if he came to OU he would see little time because of Perkins,Bradley,Jones, Peoples,etc.Some kids can be stars when they are a big frog in a small pond.