PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hydrox

Okla-homey
6/10/2006, 12:52 PM
You people need to hang it up. You are pwn3d by Oreo. They have "double-stuff," "mint stuff," "chocolate stuff," "mixed stuff," and all you can claim is you are kosher.

I feel the number of Orthodox Jews who buy sandwich cookies is an insignificant market force which does not justify your continued presence among my cookie choices.

I fact, I believe the only people who buy you are the people who mistake you for Oreos.

It's time to hang it up.

You're welcome.

StoopTroup
6/10/2006, 12:58 PM
Oreos > hydrox

http://www.unc.edu/~aesexton/images/oreos.jpg

royalfan5
6/10/2006, 01:02 PM
Ain't nothing like a hydrox blizzard knockoff from a dairy queen knockoff in a rural town.

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 04:07 PM
Who the hell names a cookie "hydrox" anyway? It always sounded like a skin care product or brand name for a brake fluid to me.

Sometimes my mother would cheap out and bring them home instead of Oreos. I blame most of my teenage angst on that. I'm glad to know someone shares my anger. Consider yourself spekked for this thread, Homey.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/10/2006, 04:09 PM
Fake Nilla Wafers pi$$ me off, too.

:mad:

King Crimson
6/10/2006, 04:12 PM
Who the hell names a cookie "hydrox" anyway? It always sounded like a skin care product or brand name for a brake fluid to me.

or something that takes care of "hard water stains".

and has one of the "corrosive" symbols on it where fumes are eating a big scallop out of some cartoon hand.

comme ca:

http://www.ci.sweeny.tx.us/images/Corrosive%20(1).gif

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 04:13 PM
You know, mother, this could almost have passed for a palatable banana pudding, but without Nilla wafers it's just another one of your wretched culinary abortions. Now clean it up!
http://home.mchsi.com/%7Emsfalduto/stewie.jpg

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/10/2006, 04:20 PM
Heh.

That never gets old...

lefty
6/10/2006, 04:26 PM
It has been my experience that name brand stuff is always > than cheap *** stuff! Please convince my wife of this obvious fact.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/10/2006, 04:28 PM
Those big-a$$ bags of fakey cereal are almost EXACTLY the same as the other stuff.

But seriously - how hard is it to screw-up a Froot-Loop?

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 04:43 PM
Those big-a$$ bags of fakey cereal are almost EXACTLY the same as the other stuff.

Ummmm... welfare cocoa krispies. I think they are actually better than the boxed stuff.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/10/2006, 04:54 PM
Welfare cocoa krispies make a WICKED bowl of chocolate milk...

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 04:58 PM
It has been my experience that name brand stuff is always > than cheap *** stuff! Please convince my wife of this obvious fact.

I've always felt that people who try to tell you Sam's Choice diet cola tastes the same as Diet Coke should have their tongues removed. The damn thing obviously isn't working for them.

bri
6/10/2006, 05:03 PM
I've always felt that people who try to tell you Sam's Choice diet cola tastes the same as Diet Coke should have their tongues removed. The damn thing obviously isn't working for them.

Must....resist.......evil...

Yeah, I'm one of the biggest brand snobs there is, but I love me some Bag O' Cereal. :D

Czar Soonerov
6/10/2006, 05:08 PM
Ummmm... welfare cocoa krispies. I think they are actually better than the boxed stuff.

Surely you mean Cocoa Pebbles...

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 05:14 PM
Must....resist.......evil...

Why start resisting now, Bri? :P

Viking Kitten
6/10/2006, 05:15 PM
Surely you mean Cocoa Pebbles...

Don't put words in my mouth, boy.

(You're welcome, Bri)

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/10/2006, 05:19 PM
Heh.

Fake Pop Tarts are teh succ, though.

TUSooner
6/10/2006, 05:33 PM
You people need to hang it up. You are pwn3d by Oreo. They have "double-stuff," "mint stuff," "chocolate stuff," "mixed stuff," and all you can claim is you are kosher.

I feel the number of Orthodox Jews who buy sandwich cookies is an insignificant market force which does not justify your continued presence among my cookie choices.

I fact, I believe the only people who buy you are the people who mistake you for Oreos.

It's time to hang it up.

You're welcome.
I could not agree more. And it's long past time when somebody said this. At least change Hydrox should change the name to "Copy-Cat Oreos".

Czar Soonerov
6/10/2006, 06:10 PM
Don't put words in my mouth, boy.

(You're welcome, Bri)

Soooo, Bri is welcome to put words in your mouth?

:confused:

RacerX
6/10/2006, 10:07 PM
Ice cream that I made today -
2 cans eagle brand
1/2 gallon whole milk
3 cups heavy cream
2 packages of double stuffed cool mint oreos, crushed

MMMMMMMMMM.

GottaHavePride
6/10/2006, 11:39 PM
Heh.

Fake Pop Tarts are teh succ, though.

Meh. Real Pop-tarts aren't that much better. ;)

Okla-homey
6/11/2006, 08:13 AM

BSG,

I think the diff is the product finishing. Its in their lack of "cereal varnish" coating. As Clark Griswold could say if he were a SF.com poster, the store brand "fruit loopery" prolly does not spring for the expensive cereal varnish which ensures the individual loops remain impervious to milk soakage for five minutes in order to ensure a satisfying crunch during consumption.;)

Viking Kitten
6/11/2006, 09:28 AM
BSG,

I think the diff is the product finishing. Its in their lack of "cereal varnish" coating. As Clark Griswold could say if he were a SF.com poster, the store brand "fruit loopery" prolly does not spring for the expensive cereal varnish which ensures the individual loops remain impervious to milk soakage for five minutes in order to ensure a satisfying crunch during consumption.;)

Then that explains why the Brand X cocoa krispies are better than the Flinstones kind. The krispies get soaked right away and that's how that chocolatey milky delicious goo is formed.

MamaMia
6/11/2006, 11:11 AM
Ummmm... welfare cocoa krispies. I think they are actually better than the boxed stuff.I dont go for the off brands. I generally find that you get what you pay for, however do I plan to try the welfare cocoa pebbles though, since I love Cocoa Pebbles.

What really tastes bad is that knock off Coco Lopez coconut cream in my Pina Coladas instead of the Coco Casa. :P

Okla-homey
6/11/2006, 01:34 PM
Then that explains why the Brand X cocoa krispies are better than the Flinstones kind. The krispies get soaked right away and that's how that chocolatey milky delicious goo is formed.

Cereal varnish must be 'spensive. I bet there are only a couple labs around Battle Creek MI turning it out. Perhaps Congress should launch an investigation to check for possible Sherman Anti-trust Act violations.