PDA

View Full Version : Guerra against Degerman tonight

King Crimson
6/10/2006, 10:45 AM
interesting choice by Sonny.....though Degerman is a measly 12-1 (1.67 ERA), and 1 hit the highly virtuous Sooners last time.

Sooner95
6/10/2006, 03:31 PM
Let's hope the bats remain hot going into this series tonite.

King Crimson
6/10/2006, 03:37 PM
i kinda like the "go for broke" choice of Guerra....he threw well in the regional...and we got to hit the ball to beat Degerman anyway regardless who we throw at Rice. and McCutchen goes tomorrow. maybe it doesn't work out...but all we want is a shot at a monday game.

and like you say....the way we've been swinging the bats....maybe we get to Degerman. maybe.

Collier11
6/10/2006, 04:22 PM
The philosophy according to Golloway is that since its only a best of 3 rather than double elimination, we go with #2 Guerra against their ace...if we win we have McCuthceon our ace trying to eliminate them, if not we have him keeping us alive. I like it personally

King Crimson
6/10/2006, 04:32 PM
The philosophy according to Golloway is that since its only a best of 3 rather than double elimination, we go with #2 Guerra against their ace...if we win we have McCuthceon our ace trying to eliminate them, if not we have him keeping us alive. I like it personally

I agree Collier. we've got nothing to lose playing the #2 team at theri crib. and we've got Brownell...who's shown he can go innings if need be. i doubt anyone could expect again what we got from him in 2nd inning relief in the regional....but heck. roll the dice.

Collier11
6/10/2006, 04:34 PM
Put the chips on the table, Id rather have Golloway dictating the SR than Rice's Coach, this way we win or lose on our terms, not theirs

Soonerus
6/10/2006, 06:29 PM
looks like questionable stategy at 4-0 in the first...

Eielson
6/10/2006, 07:01 PM
well, he would've pitched the 2nd game if he didn't pitch this one. At least he gave this up against the ace because no matter who he faces with this outing he would lose.