PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Top 25 returning QBs this season.....no Bomar???

melbitoast
6/9/2006, 10:16 PM
WTF???

I haven't even heard of some of these guys!!!

Updated: Jun. 9, 2006, 2:57 PM

Rank 'Em: 2006 Preseason QB Rankings

Todd McShay picks Brady Quinn as his No. 1 QB.
Summer hasn't officially started yet, but talk about the 2006 college football season is beginning to heat up already. And if you're as excited as we are about the upcoming season, you'll enjoy Scouts, Inc.'s Todd McShay's latest piece ranking the top 25 quarterbacks in the nation.
There's going to be plenty of Heisman hype surrounding Notre Dame's Brady Quinn, but there are many other top-notch signalcallers poised to spice up Saturdays this Fall. Once you've seen Todd's rankings, we want to get your rankings as well, SportsNation.

Do you value dual-threat quarterbacks like Troy Smith and Pat White? Do you expect Sunshine State QBs Kyle Wright, Drew Weatherford and Chris Leaf to be bright spots in '06? And do you think Brian Brohm can return from injury to become one of the nation's best? Provide your rankings below by dragging the numbers onto the photos to add your input.

:mad:

jccouger
6/10/2006, 04:49 PM
Did you not see Bomars Stats last year?

snp
6/10/2006, 05:01 PM
Did you even watch OU last year?

oumartin
6/10/2006, 05:06 PM
um, was paul thompson on there?

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 07:19 PM
Justin Fuente? Hunter Wall? Brent Rawls? Eric Moore?

Sorry. Patrick Fletcher.

sooner94
6/10/2006, 08:14 PM
You would think a QB that was MVP in a bowl game (a win over the #6 team in the country) would be considered a top 25 returning QB.

But what do I know

goingoneight
6/10/2006, 09:25 PM
Much like loSur, the rest of the counrty is focused on Fumbles McStumbles Bomar, and therefore, will be burned in the near future...

goingoneight
6/10/2006, 09:29 PM
I think if Bomar leads his team in 2006 like he did against aTm, loSur, and UO, yeah... he'll lead the pack. Not a Heisman winner yet, but even Dunce Young had trouble in his humble beginnings... and we all know despite rivalry, Bush didn't win that trophy, the massive media SUC hard-on won it for him... Bomar, despite his few questions, is probably OUr most athletic QB under Stoops yet. Give him a good line in a year or two, and he could blast off with OUr offense.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry. Patrick Fletcher.
http://www.patrickfletcher.net

I wish that had never been posted here

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 10:46 PM
http://www.patrickfletcher.net

I wish that had never been posted here

Damn. That really sucked. The songs were... uuhhh.... ok. He can't think that anyone would take him seriously with that sorry assed musicianship, would he? I can do better here at my house. Hell, the boy can't even strum!

If anyone knows that punk, tell him to fly up here and I'll help hijm with those sorry assed recordings. He ain't that bad of a singer. He just needs to take his time and forget about 75% of the crappy effects that he put on his voice.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2006, 10:48 PM
Damn. That really sucked. The songs were... uuhhh.... ok. He can't think that anyone would take him seriously with that sorry assed musicianship, would he? I can do better here at my house. Hell, the boy can't even strum!

If anyone knows that punk, tell him to fly up here and I'll help hijm with those sorry assed recordings. He ain't that bad of a singer. He just needs to take his time and forget about 75% of the crappy effects that he put on his voice.

dont forget he was a 3 year starter at OU

Jason White's Third Knee
6/10/2006, 10:49 PM
...aaaaaaand he was a qb during our national championship year.

stoops the eternal pimp
6/10/2006, 10:56 PM
aaaaaand he was THE DON KEY AWARD WINNER...along with those other seniors

Jason White's Third Knee
6/11/2006, 12:39 AM
....aaaaaand he assisted as quarterback coach during the 2002 season.

StoopTroup
6/11/2006, 03:52 AM
I remember this after the OB win...he made me laugh...he made me prOUd...

Good Times!

http://www.patrickfletcher.net/main.html

Pic 25 in the Gallery - RRSO (63-14) :D

stoops the eternal pimp
6/11/2006, 09:01 AM
yeah but seeing John Blake giving a post game speech gave me shivers and I threw up in my mouth

Tear Down This Wall
6/13/2006, 09:30 AM
Let's see. In 2005, Bomar threw 10 TDs and 10 inteceptions...and fumbled an unmentionable number of snaps from center. And, you wonder why no one outside of Norman is raving about him? He'll have to get a better TD/Interception ratio, and hang onto the ball before anyone outside Sooner territory takes him seriously. Sorry.

snp
6/13/2006, 11:04 AM
Uh, did you even READ the article? Becuase that's not the full version.

Quinn, Brohm and Smith highlight 2006 QB classBy Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.
Archive

Vince Young, Matt Leinart and Michael Robinson are gone. So are Brodie Croyle and D.J. Shockley. But that doesn't mean there's a lack of talented quarterbacks in 2006. Here are the preseason rankings for the nation's top returning signal callers.

1. Brady Quinn, Notre Dame, SR, 6-4, 228
The light finally came on under first-year head coach Charlie Weis last season. Quinn completed nearly 65 percent of his passes for nearly 4,000 yards, while throwing 25 more touchdowns (32) than interceptions (seven). Another strong campaign as a senior could land Quinn the Heisman Trophy, not to mention the top spot in next year's NFL draft.

2. Brian Brohm, Louisville, JR, 6-4, 221
Prior to his torn ACL, Brohm completed 68.8 percent of his passes with 19 touchdowns and just five interceptions. Brohm's recovery is reportedly ahead of schedule. If that's true, the junior gives Louisville a legitimate chance of getting to a BCS bowl game this season.

3. Troy Smith, Ohio State, SR, 6-1, 209
Smith's impact is undeniable, as witnessed last season when he accounted for 27 total touchdowns (16 passing and 11 rushing). If he can remain healthy and out of trouble, Smith could emerge as college football's most explosive dual-threat quarterback in 2006.

4. Pat White, West Virginia, SO, 6-2, 191
If not OSU's Smith, then White is the next best candidate to earn "dual-threat quarterback of the year" honors this season. With more experience and improved accuracy, White could attain the 2,000-yard passing/1,000-yard rushing plateau as just a redshirt sophomore this year.

5. Drew Stanton, Michigan State, SR, 6-3, 223
In 2005, Stanton finally was able to stay healthy for an entire season. Now he must steady his season-long production in order to earn Heisman consideration and get his coach, John L. Smith, off the "hot seat."

6. Chad Henne, Michigan, JR, 6-2, 222
Last season, when RB Mike Hart and the Wolverines' offensive line were plagued with injuries, Henne showed that he wasn't a quarterback who can carry a team on his shoulders. With a healthier and more consistent supporting cast, though, Henne should be able to regain his 2004 form as a junior this fall.

7. Kyle Wright, Miami, JR, 6-4, 217
Wright experienced the usual highs and lows of a first-year starting quarterback in 2005. However, it became increasingly clear that he possesses the physical and mental tools to develop into a star before his career is over at Miami. Wright will be best served if his coaching staff burns the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl game film vs. LSU and focuses on the positives from other performances against Clemson, North Carolina, Virginia Tech and Virginia.

8. Kevin Kolb, Houston, SR, 6-3, 222
Kolb has flown under the radar despite passing for 9,155 yards and 55 touchdowns in 36 starts the past three seasons. Cutting down on his interceptions from a year ago (15) should finally result in Kolb's earning the respect he deserves.

9. Jordan Palmer, UTEP, SR, 6-5, 231
Palmer has been one of the key cogs in UTEP's remarkable turnaround under head coach Mike Price. Over the course of the past three seasons, he's thrown for 7,489 yards and 62 touchdowns. If he can recover from a fractured ankle suffered in the GMAC Bowl and eliminate some of the mistakes from a year ago (19 interceptions), Palmer will rank among the elite quarterbacks in the nation.

10. Drew Weatherford, Florida State, SO, 6-3, 218
Weatherford took his lumps as a first-year starter in 2005, but that experience should make him a better quarterback in the long haul. His biggest challenge is to improve on last season's touchdown-to-interception ratio of 18-to-18.

The next best 15:
11. Chris Leak, Florida, senior
12. Drew Tate, Iowa, senior
13. JaMarcus Russell, LSU, junior
14. Trent Edwards, Stanford, senior
15. Colt Brennan, Hawaii, junior
16. John Beck, BYU, senior
17. Rudy Carpenter, Arizona State, sophomore
18. Matt Ryan, Boston College, junior
19. Tyler Palko, Pittsburgh, senior
20. Willie Tuitama, Arizona, sophomore
21. Sam Keller, Arizona State, senior
22. Zac Taylor, Nebraska, senior
23. Brandon Cox, Auburn, junior
24. Bret Meyer, Iowa State, junior
25. Rhett Bomar, Oklahoma, sophomore

Uh, next time try doing some research before you post a thread.

OUmillenium
6/13/2006, 12:33 PM
Bomar's a spaz. But I will pull for him nonetheless.

Widescreen
6/13/2006, 02:53 PM
Listed behind ISU's QB. I hope this motivates young Mr. Bomar. And I'm not talking about Jerry.

goingoneight
6/13/2006, 08:07 PM
um, was paul thompson on there?

where di that come from?!?!?! :D

goingoneight
6/13/2006, 08:12 PM
Even though Bomar has more questions that answers, I can't help but like his competitive edge, his style of play, and the way he handles himself at tough games like T TECH on the road and Oregon. You just can't help but think that 2005 was humble beginnnings... He may not throttle every opponent like VY or Jason White did, but as long as he's healthy, he's gonna be good.

Newbomb Turk
6/13/2006, 08:19 PM
I can't help but like his competitive edge, his style of play, and the way he handles himself at tough games like T TECH on the road and Oregon.

:les: I like his reslove.