PDA

View Full Version : A cat even Dean would like

olevetonahill
6/9/2006, 05:23 PM
Maybe we could all pitch in and buy him for Dean :D

Jack the cat chases black bear up tree 1 hour, 14 minutes ago

WEST ****ORD, N.J. - A black bear picked the wrong New Jersey yard for a jaunt earlier this week, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree — twice.

Jack, a 15-pound orange-and-white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, chasing small animals when he can, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising.

"We used to joke, 'Jack's on duty,' never knowing he'd go after a bear," cat owner Donna Dickey told The Star-Ledger of Newark for Friday's newspapers.

Neighbor Suzanne Giovanetti first spotted Jack's accomplishment after her husband saw a bear climb a tree on the edge of their northern New Jersey home's back yard on Sunday. Giovanetti thought Jack was simply looking up at the bear, but soon realized the much larger animal was afraid of the hissing cat.

After about 15 minutes peering down at the cat from the tree, the bear descended and tried to run away, only to have Jack chase it up another tree.

At this point Dickey, who feared for her cat, called Jack back home and the bear scurried back to the woods.

"He doesn't want anybody in his yard," Dickey said.

Bear sightings are not unusual in West ****ord, which experts consider one of the state's most bear-populated areas.

yermom
6/9/2006, 05:39 PM
i'm not sure who is dumber, the cat, or the bear

would have been funny as **** to watch though

olevetonahill
6/9/2006, 09:38 PM
i'm not sure who is dumber, the cat, or the bear

would have been funny as **** to watch though
I would have loved to have seen it ;)
I call BS on the part where the chick called the cat off tho , A cat dont listen to anyone .

olevetonahill
6/10/2006, 02:55 AM
Cant believe No one like this cat story
That cat was meaner than Dean . Well maybe as mean :D

Flagstaffsooner
6/10/2006, 02:59 AM
I loved it, Ole. My cats do a good job on "Spider Patrol".

OUHOMER
6/10/2006, 07:30 AM
ok, here is my cat story. the wife had a mean little b!tch. After it had a litter it got meaner. the neighbor had 2 german sheperds that would come over and this cat would hide and attack. One day my BIL came over and saw this this cat jump on the head of one of them and tear this poor dog up. sent him running for the hills. Well BIL pipes up and says his new dog would kill this cat. I invited him to being it over and we would see.

The next day he brought his new mutt over and it was running around the yard marking new territory. Well the cat spies this poor little dog and attacks. dog did not know which way to turn. He ran under my BIL legs and almost knocked down. Cat was still all over the dog and the BIL.

After i stopped laughing, I gather up the cat and put her in the house. BIL put the dog in the back of his truck. Bil and I were leaning aginst the back of his truck drinking a beer when somebody let the cat out. cat spotted the dog and ran and jumped into the back of the truck. attacked the dog and than took off. Poor dog sh!T all over the back of the bIl's truck. best laugh i have had in years. BIL got rid of that dog.

I am laughing now... damn that was funny:D

olevetonahill
6/10/2006, 11:45 AM
that is funny as hell :D

OUHOMER
6/10/2006, 06:50 PM
it was so funny i was crying.. brings a smile to my face everytime i think about it. BIL has never brought any more dogs over...