PDA

View Full Version : Approval Ratings

StoopTroup
6/9/2006, 07:12 AM
With the death of Zarqawi, will GW's ratings improve?

If UBL is captured or killed, would GW suddenly become the greatest president ever?

Talk amongst yourselves....

http://hosted.ap.org/photos/8/88355d41-c321-48b6-8d0b-385a2b40120b-small.jpg

OU4LIFE
6/9/2006, 07:21 AM
I predict this will degenerate into a GW bashing in less than 15 posts.

crawfish
6/9/2006, 07:24 AM
<extremist liberal>The most dangerous terrorist is still alive in Washington, D.C.</extremist liberal>

;)

OklahomaTuba
6/9/2006, 09:14 AM
No, cause his problem isn't about the war, its about gas prices and the messicans.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 09:16 AM
No, cause his problem isn't about the war, its about gas prices and the messicans.

Yep. Those are the only two reasons people disapprove of his tenure.

etouffee
6/9/2006, 09:19 AM
With the death of Zarqawi, will GW's ratings improve?Probably marginally and temporarily.

If UBL is captured or killed, would GW suddenly become the greatest president ever?Absolutely not. It would be a very good thing, but it would need to be kept in proper perspective.

oumartin
6/9/2006, 09:20 AM
he is already the greatest president in history.

KaiserSooner
6/9/2006, 09:21 AM
No.

Bush's problem is that his response to his very own boondoggled military adventurism, to a lack of an energy policy, to an unchecked explosion in federal spending, to government corruption and cronyism, is an amendment to the Constiution banning gay marriage.

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 09:23 AM
No.

Bush's problem is that his response to his very own boondoggled military adventurism, to a lack of an energy policy, to an unchecked explosion in federal spending, to government corruption and cronyism, is an amendment to the Constiution banning gay marriage.

Shows what you know. Pubs are always for smaller government.

BeetDigger
6/9/2006, 09:52 AM
I thought that he was supposed to magically catch UBL just before the last election, as a grand plan to get reelected. That didn't play out as the democrats predicted. Therefore, they are surmising, he must be saving his capture for some other strategically timed event. Perhaps as a way to promote his legacy. At least, that's how Bill would have done it.

n8v_ndn
6/9/2006, 11:29 AM

That reminds of a bumper sticker:

What's so Conservative about the Biggest Budget in History?!

jacru
6/9/2006, 12:10 PM
I wish that were true. Not all "Pub's" are conservative, some are RINOs.
GW isn't even greatly conservative. His approval #s are due to dissatisfaction on right as well as left, just not for the same reasons.

SoonerInKCMO
6/9/2006, 12:35 PM

Heh. Pat made a funny. :)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2006, 12:35 PM
If W does something "significant" about border security, and if no new laws are written regarding amnesty, his ratings will rise a lot, IMO.

oumartin
6/9/2006, 12:39 PM
I just can't wait to see how Hillary runs this country....

OklahomaTuba
6/9/2006, 12:44 PM
Yep. Those are the only two reasons people disapprove of his tenure.

People like you hate him, and always will. Nothing could change that. And since people of your ideology are so small in numbers, its irrelevant anyway.

Its the conservative base that he has lost, and which is a majority in this country. That's all he needs to pay attention too, and those are the two factors that need the most help.

KABOOKIE
6/9/2006, 12:46 PM
Judging by most Americans, this country is only good when the President talks like a used car salesman and has a $10 million smile. I feeeeeel your pain. :rolleyes:

lefty
6/9/2006, 04:14 PM
People like you hate him, and always will. Nothing could change that. And since people of your ideology are so small in numbers, its irrelevant anyway.

Its the conservative base that he has lost, and which is a majority in this country. That's all he needs to pay attention too, and those are the two factors that need the most help.

Determining the breakdown of the political philosophy a majority of Americans subscribe to is very difficult to determine. There is no universally accepted definitions of these terms. Often, individuals will support positions on both sides of this divide. If using political party affiliation can be use as a loose proxy for philosphy, then about 1/3 identify as republicans, 1/3 as democrats, and the other 1/3 as independent or other. You're claim is questionable. Let's see some data.

Fugue
6/9/2006, 04:18 PM
http://img.stern.de/_content/51/06/510692/robot8_311.284046692607.jpg

Jeopardude
6/9/2006, 04:30 PM

Gas prices and immigration are the two factors that need the most help? Really? And what does that mean-- "factors that need the most help"? And if so, why did he spend any time on homo marriage this week when he knew it would fail?

/it's
//to

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 04:32 PM

There is life outside the red states. Just so ya know.

SoonerInKCMO
6/9/2006, 04:33 PM
Its the conservative base that he has lost, and which is a majority in this country.

I used to believe that whole-heartedly as well. Then I moved out of Oklahoma for several years. I think if you lived in other areas of the country for a while you'd see that a lot of the country is a lot different from Oklahoma.

Fugue
6/9/2006, 04:34 PM
que voting map in 3...2... :texan:

royalfan5
6/9/2006, 04:38 PM
Honestly outside of funnelling cash into Nebraska, what good do these approval polls do anyone?

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 04:42 PM
I used to believe that whole-heartedly as well. Then I moved out of Oklahoma for several years. I think if you lived in other areas of the country for a while you'd see that a lot of the country is a lot different from Oklahoma.

Tuba doesn't wanna believe that anything exists outside of his little W lovin', church goin' to, backwards state livin' in world.

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 04:48 PM
Tuba doesn't wanna believe that anything exists outside of his little W lovin', church goin' to, backwards state livin' in world.

That probably won't win you many friends around here.

Fugue
6/9/2006, 04:49 PM

heh

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 04:52 PM

Sorry, on another day this might be the most condescending post on this page.

Good luck next time.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 04:54 PM

I'm Tulsa born and bred. Been here all my life and have no qualms about calling it a backwards state.

SoonerInKCMO
6/9/2006, 04:56 PM
Sorry, on another day this might be the most condescending post on this page.

Good luck next time.

Did I say that the other places I've lived were superior? Did I say any other places were superior? No. I said that they were different. Other places are different. People from different parts of the country have different points of view. I think we could all benefit - no matter where we're from - from spending considerable time away from where we grew up amongst people that are different from us. It forces one to re-evaluate their beliefs and to better understand where others are coming from.

Scott D
6/9/2006, 04:58 PM
Did I say that the other places I've lived were superior? Did I say any other places were superior? No. I said that they were different. Other places are different. People from different parts of the country have different points of view. I think we could all benefit - no matter where we're from - from spending considerable time away from where we grew up amongst people that are different from us. It forces one to re-evaluate their beliefs and to better understand where others are coming from.

I'd appreciate if you'd quit describing me....it's creepy :)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/9/2006, 05:12 PM
If W does something "significant" about border security, and if no new laws are written regarding amnesty, his ratings will rise a lot, IMO.

In other words they are staying right where they are? ;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/9/2006, 05:29 PM
In other words they are staying right where they are? ;)The Senate bill is so horrendous, I hold sincere hope that nothing like it will pass. I believe that the main reason W's numbers are down is because of all the silly-*ssed stuff on immigration. The R base is in disbelief that the Senate bill was written, and W seems to back most of it.

lefty
6/9/2006, 05:49 PM
Bush's approval ratings began to sink into the 30's in late February to early March this year. The Senate's immigration bill passed in late May. I guess the public was able to see into the future.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

StoopTroup
6/9/2006, 06:04 PM
Bush's approval ratings began to sink into the 30's in late February to early March this year. The Senate's immigration bill passed in late May. I guess the public was able to see into the future.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Documents/titanic-atsea.jpg