PDA

View Full Version : Question About Recruiters

VeeJay
6/9/2006, 07:03 AM
I am working with a few recruiters on a job search.

One has gotten me an interview lined up next week. Yesterday I get a call from a recruiter in another state asking me if I have interest in the same job.

So this tells me there are at least two recruiters trying to fill this position.

What's the appropriate response to recruiter #2?

1. I am already interviewing for that position

2. No, thanks. I'll pass.

I don't want #2 to know I am going through another recruiter - they don't like to hear this. Sometimes they take it as you're playing one against the other one - which isn;t true, of course. But I don't want to lie to the guy either, because he could help me at some point.

Suggestions?

OUinFLA
6/9/2006, 07:06 AM
welfare

BoogercountySooner
6/9/2006, 07:10 AM
Honesty, Honesty, Honesty

StoopTroup
6/9/2006, 07:15 AM
You should hack into their secret website to find out.

http://images.net-temps.com/ima/recruiters/misc/signin.gif

crawfish
6/9/2006, 07:25 AM
Tell them you're already in contact with that company. You don't have to give specifics.

Dealing with multiple recruiters can be the succ, though.

BajaOklahoma
6/9/2006, 09:55 AM
Agree with Craw.
My husband heard about the same job from four different people. Two were recruiters and two were in the business.

sooner n houston
6/9/2006, 10:09 AM
I am working with a few recruiters on a job search.

One has gotten me an interview lined up next week. Yesterday I get a call from a recruiter in another state asking me if I have interest in the same job.

So this tells me there are at least two recruiters trying to fill this position.

What's the appropriate response to recruiter #2?

1. I am already interviewing for that position

2. No, thanks. I'll pass.

I don't want #2 to know I am going through another recruiter - they don't like to hear this. Sometimes they take it as you're playing one against the other one - which isn;t true, of course. But I don't want to lie to the guy either, because he could help me at some point.

Suggestions?

There is nothing wrong with working with multiple recrutiers. I do it all the time.

Always be open about what jobs you have already been presented for. If two recruiters present you for the same job, the company involved will usually throw you out of the mix just to avoid the conflict that will follow if they do want you.

crawfish
6/9/2006, 10:32 AM
I've seen a recruiter present a guy for a job at the company he worked for...

Needless to say, it was embarassing for all involved.

I don't think he got a raise.

VeeJay
6/9/2006, 10:37 AM
I've seen a recruiter present a guy for a job at the company he worked for...

Needless to say, it was embarassing for all involved.

I don't think he got a raise.

A girl in my office had that very thing happen. A recruiter pulled her resume off Monster and sent it to the girl's boss at her last company.

They canned her. I don't know what legal recourse she could use in that situation, especially if the recruiter didn't check with her first.

OCUDad
6/9/2006, 10:49 AM
Working with multiple recruiters is a Good Thing. Working with multiple recruiters presenting you for the same job is a Very Bad Thing.

If Recruiter B approaches you about a job that Recruiter A is already pushing for you, the right answer is "I'm already in contact with that company." If Recruiter B asks how you made the contact, tell him/her "through a friend."