PDA

View Full Version : We went to Cimmaron Steakhouse tonight.

SOONER44EVER
6/8/2006, 11:43 PM
I had the "Sitting Bull" a 40 oz. porterhouse. It was way good and I'm full.:D

Mongo
6/8/2006, 11:46 PM
I had the "Sitting Bull" a 40 oz. porterhouse. It was way good and I'm full.:D

[Dan Akroid] Look at the size of the maggots on the meat!![Dan Akroid]

Did you get a T-shirt for consuming all that beef? I have thought about tackling that big boy. Cimmaron is highly underrated.

SOONER44EVER
6/8/2006, 11:50 PM
[Dan Akroid] Look at the size of the maggots on the meat!![Dan Akroid]

Did you get a T-shirt for consuming all that beef? I have thought about tackling that big boy. Cimmaron is highly underrated.
No shirt. Was I supposed to get one? I ate my salad, my daughter's salad, cheese sticks, stuffed jalapenos, onion rings, fried mushrooms, baked potato, texas toast and the steak. I haven't had a big steak like that in ages. It wasn't really that hard to finish it. I tried the one in Amarillo a long long time ago but could only handle about 3/4 of it. Its a 72 oz. one.

Czar Soonerov
6/8/2006, 11:59 PM
How big a boy are ya?

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 12:00 AM
How big a boy are ya?
At least 40 ounces bigger than I was a couple of hours ago. :D

picasso
6/9/2006, 12:09 AM
I ate the 3 meat combo at Rib Crib tonight. how does that stack up Tiny?

Mongo
6/9/2006, 12:18 AM
No shirt. Was I supposed to get one? I ate my salad, my daughter's salad, cheese sticks, stuffed jalapenos, onion rings, fried mushrooms, baked potato, texas toast and the steak. I haven't had a big steak like that in ages. It wasn't really that hard to finish it. I tried the one in Amarillo a long long time ago but could only handle about 3/4 of it. Its a 72 oz. one.

Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman may be coming your way to solve the Seven Deadly Sins murderer:D . I will see your 40ozs. and raise you the steak offered in Ardmore(also 72 ozs.). I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone in an eatin contest, because I'm a fatass, and that is how I roll.

picasso
6/9/2006, 12:20 AM
candygram for Mongo.

Mongo
6/9/2006, 12:22 AM
candygram for Mongo.

Mongo Love Candygram

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 12:25 AM
Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman may be coming your way to solve the Seven Deadly Sins murderer:D . I will see your 40ozs. and raise you the steak offered in Ardmore(also 72 ozs.). I'll go toe-to-toe with anyone in an eatin contest, because I'm a fatass, and that is how I roll.
I'm probably fatter. I just wear "thinning" clothes.

Mongo
6/9/2006, 12:33 AM
I'm probably fatter. I just wear "thinning" clothes.

I beg to differ good sir. 6'4" 290 lbs. Ex college O-lineman. Just as long you aren't a 120 Japenese boy who can eat his weight in hot dogs, I'll take ya.:D

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 12:37 AM
I beg to differ good sir. 6'4" 290 lbs. Ex college O-lineman. Just as long you aren't a 120 Japenese boy who can eat his weight in hot dogs, I'll take ya.:D
6-4, about 315. Next?:D

Mongo
6/9/2006, 12:43 AM
6-4, about 315. Next?:D

I tip my hat at your greatness good sir, plus I cant get enough of those mushrooms @ Cimmaron. Maybe one day our collective lardness will cross paths and destroy some local food joint into bankruptcy.

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 12:48 AM
I tip my hat at your greatness good sir, plus I cant get enough of those mushrooms @ Cimmaron. Maybe one day our collective lardness will cross paths and destroy some local food joint into bankruptcy.
Heh!:D

6/9/2006, 05:53 AM
How exactly does one sleep after consuming nearly three pounds of beef in one sitting?

I think they mis-named that steak.

StoopTroup
6/9/2006, 06:30 AM
I heard someone here in Tulsa say that "Texas Roadhouse" was awesome.

I can't get past the name.

I just can't even fathom pulling into the parking lot.

Have any of you gotten so desparate for food that you've tried it?

ultimatesooner1
6/9/2006, 08:46 AM
TR is decent for a chain steakhouse, plus the one on memorial in okc has a hella sweet OU Mural on the wall

frankensooner
6/9/2006, 09:10 AM
Texas Roadhouse is owned by a group out of Indiana. That makes it more palatable for me. ;)

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 10:35 AM

If by "awesome" they meant, "just like Lone Star" then yes, yes it is.

Norm In Norman
6/9/2006, 10:43 AM
I've been to Cimmaron once. Besides the fact that it was full of wannabe cowboys and it was freaking loud, I thought my steak sucked ***. There's nothing worse than eating a crappy steak while being surrounded by "city boys" wearing cowboy hats. BLEH! The atmosphere there also sucked, which wasn't helped by the god aweful music.

It was like a mini nightmare.

1stTimeCaller
6/9/2006, 10:56 AM
when I hear about eating a 40oz or 72oz steak all I can think of is Hank Hill going to the art gallery to find someone had turned the x-ray of his impacted colon into art.

mdklatt
6/9/2006, 11:00 AM
all I can think of is...impacted colon

:chicken: :les:

Mongo
6/9/2006, 11:06 AM
when I hear about eating a 40oz or 72oz steak all I can think of is Hank Hill going to the art gallery to find someone had turned the x-ray of his impacted colon into art.

Great, now everytime I eat a steak, I'll have the thought of Hank's butt clog in my mind. Thanks 1tc:mad: :)

1stTimeCaller
6/9/2006, 11:07 AM
I'm here to help, it's what I do.
:D

Czar Soonerov
6/9/2006, 03:46 PM
I've been to Cimmaron once. Besides the fact that it was full of wannabe cowboys and it was freaking loud, I thought my steak sucked ***. There's nothing worse than eating a crappy steak while being surrounded by "city boys" wearing cowboy hats. BLEH! The atmosphere there also sucked, which wasn't helped by the god aweful music.

It was like a mini nightmare.

ditto

C&CDean
6/9/2006, 04:13 PM
You know, you could take Norm to Tavern on the Green, or Magiano's, or the Waldorf freaking Astoria and he'd get food poisoning.

I learned long ago to pretty much do the exact opposite of Norm when choosing food/food places - and I've never been disappointed since.

Never been to Cimarron, probably never will go either. Kinda hard to go out for steak/ribs/brisket/links/etc. when nobody makes them better than I do at home. Only when I'm travelling.....

Mongo
6/9/2006, 04:20 PM
You know, you could take Norm to Tavern on the Green, or Magiano's, or the Waldorf freaking Astoria and he'd get food poisoning.

I learned long ago to pretty much do the exact opposite of Norm when choosing food/food places - and I've never been disappointed since.

Never been to Cimarron, probably never will go either. Kinda hard to go out for steak/ribs/brisket/links/etc. when nobody makes them better than I do at home. Only when I'm travelling.....

I agree with the home cooked meat products, aint nothin better that a thick ribeye cooked by your own hands, but when the wife wants to go out after church with all the family, Cimarron aint bad in a pinch. Its helluva lot better than Texas Roadhouse and Outback.

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 04:43 PM
WE used to go to Cimarron on the all you can eat night. They did away with it apparently. The first steak was usually pretty good but every other one was kinda crappy. The one I had last night was pretty good.

JohnnyMack
6/9/2006, 04:44 PM

Tavern on the Green is more for the experience than it is for the food. I'm just sayin'.

SOONER44EVER
6/9/2006, 05:44 PM
Thank you to whoever gave me spek for my eating abilities. :D

StoopTroup
6/9/2006, 05:47 PM
If by "awesome" they meant, "just like Lone Star" then yes, yes it is.
That's what I envisioned. Thanks.

hurricane'bone
6/9/2006, 05:53 PM
That's what I envisioned. Thanks.

The only thing good about Texas Roadhouse is your across the street from Mexico Lindo...well and you are a few steps from Chick-Fil-A

yermom
6/9/2006, 05:57 PM
the steaks aren't bad or anything

the rolls are good

Zbird
6/9/2006, 11:31 PM
Cattlemens for steak in OKC if you're eating out. I'm with Dean, cooked at home is better.

SOONER44EVER
6/10/2006, 01:12 AM
Cattlemens for steak in OKC if you're eating out. I'm with Dean, cooked at home is better.
We went to Cattlmen's first but there were at least 50 people waiting outside. I don't wait outside in 95 degree heat for ANY restaurant.

Sooner24
6/10/2006, 09:46 AM
They also have the cowboy beans at Cimmaron. :D

Sooner24
6/10/2006, 09:46 AM

Cattlemens is highly overrated in my opinion. Cimmaron Steakhouse on the other hand is highly underrated.

Sooner24
6/10/2006, 09:49 AM

You might want to raise your bid. The steak in Ardmore is 80ozs. :eek:

yermom
6/10/2006, 09:50 AM
5 lbs?

damn

Sooner_Bob
6/10/2006, 10:39 AM
I ate the 3 meat combo at Rib Crib tonight. how does that stack up Tiny?

You should try the 4 meat combo . . . mmmmmmmm.

tulsaoilerfan
6/10/2006, 11:27 AM

Texas Roadhouse is really good, but the wait for dinner there can be pretty long on the weekend; we went on a Saturday around 11 for lunch and got right in, but anytime after 4 usually is a 30 plus minute wait; i love the cinnamon butter they have for their rolls.

John