PDA

View Full Version : Michael Berg = Stupidest man alive

tbl
6/8/2006, 06:39 PM
This guy is unbelievable...

Berg: No good in al-Zarqawi's death

By RANDALL CHASE, Associated Press Writer Thu Jun 8, 3:03 PM ET

DOVER, Del. - The father of Nicholas Berg, a U.S. contractor believed to have been beheaded by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi in
Iraq, said Thursday that al-Zarqawi's killing will only perpetuate the cycle of violence in the Middle East.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I think al-Zarqawi's death is a double tragedy," Michael Berg told The Associated Press after learning a U.S. airstrike had killed the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. "His death will incite a new wave of revenge.
George Bush and al-Zarqawi are two men who believe in revenge."

Al-Zarqawi is believed to have beheaded two American civilians in 2004: Nicholas Berg, a 26-year-old businessman from West Chester, Pa., and Eugene Armstrong, a 52-year-old contractor from Hillsdale, Mich. Jack Hensley, a 48-year-old engineer from Marietta, Ga., was abducted at the same time as Armstrong and also killed.

Armstrong's family did not want to discuss al-Zarqawi.

"An evil man is dead, and what more can you say?" said family spokeswoman Cyndi Armstrong, the wife of the slain contractor's cousin.

Michael Berg, a pacifist who is running for Delaware's lone House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi's death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose.

Berg said the blame for most deaths in Iraq should be placed on
President Bush, who he said is "more of a terrorist than Zarqawi."

"Zarqawi felt my son's breath on his hand as held the knife against his throat. Zarqawi had to look in his eyes when he did it," Berg added, pausing to collect himself. "George Bush sits there glassy-eyed in his office with pieces of paper and condemns people to death. That to me is a real terrorist."

Al-Qaida in Iraq confirmed al-Zarqawi's death and vowed to continue its "holy war," according to a statement posted on a Web site. The group has taken responsibility for numerous attacks on U.S. and Iraqi targets in the past few years.

"I think in this case justice has finally been served," said the Rev. Jerry Gladson, who had been Hensley's pastor at First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) of Marietta.

tbl
6/8/2006, 06:44 PM
I found this comment posted on the article. The first part is understandable, but he goes to the extreme stupid zone on the second part.

Notice the guys username... :D

Zarqawi got the wrong Berg.
by: bigdtxhorn 06/08/06 07:41 pm
Msg: 494 of 497
2 recommendations

What a pompous bigmouth coward *%%%ing $#*&$%&.
This is a prime example of why Jews have never been able to take care of themselves.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/8/2006, 06:50 PM
That is a bold statement in a world that has Vince Young ;)

Scott D
6/8/2006, 06:51 PM
I found this comment posted on the article. The first part is understandable, but he goes to the extreme stupid zone on the second part.

Notice the guys username... :D

Zarqawi got the wrong Berg.
by: bigdtxhorn 06/08/06 07:41 pm
Msg: 494 of 497
2 recommendations

What a pompous bigmouth coward *%%%ing $#*&$%&.
This is a prime example of why Jews have never been able to take care of themselves.

I can think of some Palastinians and Egyptians who might have disagreed with you, except the Israelis killed them.

tbl
6/8/2006, 07:01 PM
BACK UP!!! I didn't say that. I said I found the comment posted on the article by a stupid whorn! I'm not an anti-dentite...

Scott D
6/8/2006, 07:02 PM
suuuure you aren't ;)

OklahomaTuba
6/8/2006, 07:49 PM
This guy isn't nearly as nuttso as the Berg jackass, but close...

Some Democrats, breaking ranks from their leadership, today said the death of terrorist leader Abu Musab Zarqawi in Iraq was a stunt to divert attention from an unpopular and hopeless war. "This is just to cover Bush's [rear] so he doesn't have to answer" for Iraqi civilians being killed by the U.S. military and his own sagging poll numbers, said Rep. Pete Stark, California Democrat.http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20060608-041042-9038r.htm

Hello FantasyLand.

TUSooner
6/8/2006, 08:12 PM
Isn't there some sort of recognized mental disorder that causes people to sympathize with their captors, torturers, and other people who do bad things to them? If there is, he's suffering from it.
You can criticize W's foregn policy and the need to invade Iraq etc etc all you want, but AZ was just a really bad human being that the world is waaaaay better off without.

TUSooner
6/8/2006, 08:14 PM
...Michael Berg, a pacifist who is running for Delaware's lone House seat on the Green Party ticket, said al-Zarqawi's death is likely to foster anti-American resentment among al-Qaida members who feel they have nothing left to lose...

Yeah, and just when they were starting to like us...

OklahomaTuba
6/8/2006, 08:15 PM
I think a mental disorder is a good way of describing what afflicts Berg and people who "think" like him, such as Sheehan, Moore, etc.

MamaMia
6/8/2006, 08:17 PM
Isn't there some sort of recognized mental disorder that causes people to sympathize with their captors, torturers, and other people who do bad things to them? If there is, he's suffering from it.
You can criticize W's foregn policy and the need to invade Iraq etc etc all you want, but AZ was just a really bad human being that the world is waaaaay better off without.I dont know, but Patty Hearst said she had it.

MamaMia
6/8/2006, 08:18 PM
You can criticize W's foregn policy and the need to invade Iraq etc etc all you want, but AZ was just a really bad human being that the world is waaaaay better off without.I dont know, but Patty Hearst said she had it. Maybe its called the Patty Hearst Syndrome?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/8/2006, 08:18 PM
In a tragedy, everyone needs a scapegoat. He ultimately believes that without the war, his son wouldn't have been killed. Same with Cindy Sheehan. Same with the ladies from NJ. I cannot even begin to comprehend what they are going through. It may seem irrational, but in a time of grieving a lot of things don't make sense.

Scott D
6/8/2006, 08:30 PM
I dont know, but Patty Hearst said she had it. Maybe its called the Patty Hearst Syndrome?

Stockholm Syndrome?

royalfan5
6/8/2006, 08:38 PM
You can criticize W's foregn policy and the need to invade Iraq etc etc all you want, but AZ was just a really bad human being that the world is waaaaay better off without.
Isn't that Stockholm Syndrome?

sooner n houston
6/8/2006, 08:49 PM
I was thinking, maybe Stockholm Syndrome - just a thought! :D

TUSooner
6/8/2006, 08:57 PM
I love Wikipedia!
The Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in a hostage, in which the hostage exhibits seeming loyalty to the hostage-taker, in spite of the danger (or at least risk) the hostage has been put in. Stockholm syndrome is also sometimes discussed in reference to other
situations with similar tensions, such as battered woman syndrome, child abuse cases, and bride kidnapping.

The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg, Stockholm in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28, 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their victimizers, and even defended their captors after they were freed from their six-day ordeal. The term was coined by the criminologist and psychiatrist Nils Bejerot, who assisted the police during the robbery, and referred to the syndrome in a news broadcast. It is sometimes referred to as Helsinki Syndrome, sometimes deliberately for ironic effect. It originates in the substitution of one Nordic capital for another.

Capture bonding

An offshoot of the Stockholm syndrome is the aptly-used term capture-bonding defined as a bond that in some instances develops between captor and captive. The term is modeled on the Swedish woman who became so attached to one of the bank robbers who held her hostage that she broke
her engagement to her former lover and remained bonded, or in bondage, to her former captor while he served time in prison.

Famous cases

Millionaire heiress Patty Hearst, after having been kidnapped by the Symbionese Liberation Army in February 1974, helped rob a bank with the group two months later. She was arrested in September 1975, and her
unsuccessful legal defense was that she suffered from Stockholm syndrome and was coerced into aiding the SLA. She was convicted and imprisoned for her actions in the robbery, though her sentence was commuted in February 1979 by President Jimmy Carter, and she received a Presidential pardon from Bill Clinton in January 2001.

Japanese abducted to North Korea during the late 1970s and early 1980s. After five of them were allowed to return to Japan in October 2002, they exhibited behavior of submission to the North Korean regime and, given that the regime would not allow their North Korean-born children to join them in Japan right away, attempted to go back there to join them; however, their Japanese families, seeing this as symptoms of brainwashing, restrained them, and eventually the former abductees shed their North Korean identities symbolically by shedding the pins with pictures of previous dictator Kim Il Sung on them during a press conference and denouncing the North
Korean regime as a "criminal state" in subsequent interviews, which eventually led to the release of their children in 2004.

Daily Express journalist Yvonne Ridley was captured in Afghanistan by the Taliban in September 2001 and held for 11 days. During this period she promised an Imam that she would study Islam if she was allowed to return to London. Ridley became a full convert to Islam in the summer of 2003 and currently espouses strong Islamist views, describing moderate Muslims as "house slaves" and standing as a parliamentary candidate for RESPECT in 2004. However, she has denied suggestions that her conversion resulted from the Stockholm syndrome, claiming that "I was horrible to my captors. I spat at them and was rude and refused to eat. It wasn't until I was freed that I became interested in Islam."

Getem
6/8/2006, 09:54 PM
Is this the guy that also said that instead of killing Zarqawi we should have captured him and put him to work in a children's hospital? Pure quacketry...

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/8/2006, 09:58 PM
Yeah let's put a whack job that hates all people that aren't extreme Islam in a position with kids....

picasso
6/8/2006, 10:18 PM
In a tragedy, everyone needs a scapegoat. He ultimately believes that without the war, his son wouldn't have been killed. Same with Cindy Sheehan. Same with the ladies from NJ. I cannot even begin to comprehend what they are going through. It may seem irrational, but in a time of grieving a lot of things don't make sense.
when you begin thinking the president had something intentional to do with 9/11 you definitely are not making sense.

beyond stupid is a start.

BeetDigger
6/8/2006, 10:28 PM
Stockholm Syndrome. Just thought I would chip in my .02.

Scott D
6/8/2006, 10:49 PM
You, you and you (you know who you three are) can SUCK IT! :D

Jeopardude
6/8/2006, 10:55 PM
In the conflict of liberalism vs. fundamentalism (religious not political), I'd call Michael Berg a fundamentalist, since ALL murder is bad and will only further death. He's just taking pacifism to its logical extreme. Does that make him stupid? No, it makes him an ideologue. I'm sure you know some of them.