PDA

View Full Version : Dear Co-Worker of mine

BeetDigger
6/8/2006, 10:13 AM
I know that you are upset that I forgot to take your gift of coffee to our co-worker. I know that you don't want to accept my appology that I fogot to take it in, in spite of taking in five loads of groceries that I had just purchased.

You see, he is YOUR co-worker too. And I know that your gift of coffee would have provided him solice following the suicide death of his wife leaving him with two young children to completely care for.

Yes, his house is but five minutes from the office and YOU could drive over there yourself and present it yourself. I know that YOU didn't go to the wake nor to the funeral so it must be easier to just have others present your offering rather than gutting it out and actually showing your respects face to face.

Personally, I know that it is difficult to do these things for some people. And I accept that. Just don't be so indignent to me when I tell you that I forgot to deliver your pound of coffee to him because it got lost in my trunk under bags and bags of groceries. I know that my repeated appologies didn't help you in your irritation.

Rant over.

slickdawg
6/8/2006, 10:23 AM
What kind of azzhole do you work with? sheesh!

walkoffsooner
6/8/2006, 10:29 AM
Part way's. Your co-worker is a moron.

frankensooner
6/8/2006, 10:33 AM
Your co-worker, the spineless one who is afraid to see a grieving person, sucks and stuff.

BeetDigger
6/8/2006, 10:37 AM
By the way, it is a she.

The circumstances are very, very difficult. I understand that some people would have a hard time dealing with these things and seeing a co-worker. But if she is not tough enough to go see him herself, then don't be ****ed at me for forgetting the offering.

walkoffsooner
6/8/2006, 10:44 AM
Tell her you felt bad about it and since he already had coffee. You bought a larry the cable guy dvd and gave to him but made sure he knew it was from her.

OU4LIFE
6/8/2006, 10:46 AM
look, if you're not going to take my coffee over there, all you have to do is tell me. Don't just take it and keep it for yourself.

slickdawg
6/8/2006, 10:49 AM
By the way, it is a she.

The circumstances are very, very difficult. I understand that some people would have a hard time dealing with these things and seeing a co-worker. But if she is not tough enough to go see him herself, then don't be ****ed at me for forgetting the offering.

So a co-workers wife commits suicide, leaving him with two young children,
and the best thing she can come up with is ****ing coffee?

I'm glad you forgot it.

frankensooner
6/8/2006, 10:52 AM
Nothing says I am sorry you lost your mate like a steaming cup of joe!

Seriously, though, freezable dinners are a nice touch in these situations.

MamaMia
6/8/2006, 10:59 AM
You meant well. Tell your co-worker that things happen for a reason, and that since the task innocently escaped your minds 'to do' list, that it must be a sign that he/she was meant to deliver the java without the use of others.

BeetDigger
6/8/2006, 11:02 AM
Nothing says I am sorry you lost your mate like a steaming cup of joe!

Seriously, though, freezable dinners are a nice touch in these situations.

I am not going to question her offer. I am sure that he will appreciate it, the thought if nothing else. That is between her and him.

As to the frozen food idea, that is a good idea. Besides what I took to him, we also sent over a bunch of food from Chili's for after the funeral. There is a lot to this story so suffice it to say that having hot food at his house following the funeral was a good thing.

I got a call from some folks around the country who know him and they asked what to give. I suggested some Brinker gift certificates. He can always take himself and the kids there for dinner or pick it up at the curbside and take it home, without having to unharness the two of them in the process. Curbside is great for someone with youngens in the car seats.

Right now, the guy is doing all that he can to piece his life together and to set a plan for moving forward. Minimzing the meal shopping and preparation is a huge help at this time.

BeetDigger
6/8/2006, 11:06 AM
You meant well. Tell your co-worker that things happen for a reason, and that since the task innocently escaped your minds 'to do' list, that it must be a sign that he/she was meant to deliver the java without the use of others.

I am going to let her figure that one out on her own. I told her that she can deliver it herself. She didn't seem to be "comfortable" with that idea.

This thing really impacted me. I was not thinking staight for a few days. The circumstances were pretty awful and I am one of the few co-workers that knew a majority of the details. I was the one who noted before anyone else that something was bad and took him out to lunch a couple of weeks ago. I control but one person and I can comfortably sleep an night knowing that I was there and continue to be there for my co-worker.

MamaMia
6/8/2006, 11:49 AM
I am going to let her figure that one out on her own. I told her that she can deliver it herself. She didn't seem to be "comfortable" with that idea.

This thing really impacted me. I was not thinking staight for a few days. The circumstances were pretty awful and I am one of the few co-workers that knew a majority of the details. I was the one who noted before anyone else that something was bad and took him out to lunch a couple of weeks ago. I control but one person and I can comfortably sleep an night knowing that I was there and continue to be there for my co-worker.
You are a great friend. Your co worker would do well to learn by your example.

Scott D
6/8/2006, 11:58 AM
Do a crotch chop and tell your co-worker to 'suck it!' and she shoulda got the coffee her damn self.

olevetonahill
6/8/2006, 12:08 PM
Tell the beyounce to get her sorry azz over there and do laundry , and dishes and stuff

Beef
6/8/2006, 01:18 PM
Tacos are a much better gift than coffee to give a grieving man.

walkoffsooner
6/8/2006, 01:21 PM
Tacos are a much better gift than coffee to give a grieving man.

yea i think that is the high road to a full recovery.:D

OU4LIFE
6/8/2006, 01:47 PM
mmm coffee tacos....