PDA

View Full Version : The Black Album

slickdawg
6/7/2006, 03:09 PM
perhaps metallica's best evar.

silverwheels
6/7/2006, 03:12 PM
I thought this was going to be about Jay-Z. In which case I would have replied, "I wish he was still here instead of Dem Franchize Boyzzzz or Paul Wall or Bubba Sparxxxxxx."

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 03:12 PM
... in bizarro world.

Fugue
6/7/2006, 03:13 PM
... in bizarro world.

agreed

King Crimson
6/7/2006, 03:13 PM
i thought it was gonna be about the Prince so-called/studio bootleg "Black Album".....which i have heard was really great. i had a chance to buy it in Cambridge, Mass one time....and just couldn't make myself cough up the 25$ or whatever it was.

it's prolly pretty easy to get these days.

Pricetag
6/7/2006, 03:16 PM
It dragged me out of my rap phase. I'll always respect it for that.

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 03:31 PM
Prince will never drag me out of any phase.

tbl
6/7/2006, 03:33 PM
Many would say MOP, but AJFA is most hardcore Metallica fans fave (that I know). I haven't listened to either in a while, but I'd go with Justice.

ultimatesooner1
6/7/2006, 03:40 PM
metallica has been dead to me ever since the whole napster thing

crawfish
6/7/2006, 03:41 PM
It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

Norm In Norman
Define "hard core". MOP was the pinnacle of Metallica CDs. Sure, I love ajfa but it's no MOP.

White House Boy
Prince will never drag me out of any phase.

But can he make you get your grove on?

On that subject, Prince's Black Album, save for Cindy C, was not very good. Bob George and Two Nigs United for West Compton were by far two of the worst songs the purple one has ever been linked to.

handcrafted
6/7/2006, 03:51 PM
It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

I agree, Smell the Glove was their best album.

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 03:55 PM
But can he make you get your grove on?
I don't have a grove, but if I did I would make sure it produced oranges. Ooooo, maybe cherries would be better. At any rate, I wouldn't even try to wear a grove.

ousoonerfan
6/7/2006, 03:55 PM
Sorry but I just didn't like the Black Album, Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets were Metallica at their best.

Creeping Death
Fade to Black
For Whom The Bell Tolls

Every f'n song on Master is awesome!

King Crimson
6/7/2006, 04:10 PM

i've always been partial to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/VimFuego/Spinal_Tap_04.jpg

slickdawg
6/7/2006, 04:11 PM
metallica has been dead to me ever since the whole napster thing

Seconded. LARS CAN KISS MY AZZZZZZ

Partial Qualifier
6/7/2006, 04:24 PM
metallica has been dead to me ever since the whole Black release thing

concurred :O

Scott D
6/7/2006, 04:47 PM
metallica has been dead to me ever since the black album

fixed.

Live ****...Binge & Purge was the last great thing they did....before they began their downward spiral to becoming the very thing they detested when they formed.

Taxman71
6/7/2006, 04:49 PM
Many would say MOP, but AJFA is most hardcore Metallica fans fave (that I know). I haven't listened to either in a while, but I'd go with Justice.

AJFA has the single best Metalllica song ever (ONE) but MOP is better top to bottom, including the song that made me love them (Sanitarium). I love Garage Days Revisited (the 1988 one with only 4 songs or so). That one never got old on my old Pioneer car radio and 6x9s.

GottaHavePride
6/7/2006, 05:09 PM
I never really liked Metallica.

NormanPride
6/7/2006, 05:14 PM
I never really liked good music.

That is a problem, considering your profession.

Scott D
6/7/2006, 05:16 PM
I never really liked Metallica.

you back in the closet with the trombone until your lips bleed....profusely.

in all seriousness, nothing in the last 10 years has been compelling in making you listen to them :)

now the days when you were being force fed pat boone and the osmonds at home by your parents as a wee lad is another story ;)

GottaHavePride
6/7/2006, 05:29 PM
You must have my birth era confused. When I was a kid Michael Jackson was cool. Janet Jackson was still chunky. Prince wasn't the artist formerly known as, and Madonna was just turning into a material girl.

White House Boy
6/7/2006, 05:34 PM
I don't have a grove, but if I did I would make sure it produced oranges. Ooooo, maybe cherries would be better. At any rate, I wouldn't even try to wear a grove.

Hmmmmm..... we were talking about Prince, so maybe I really meant to type "grope."

HoserSooner
6/7/2006, 11:02 PM
But who's "Black Album" is the best? Metallica, AC/DC, or Spinal Tap? (Jay-Z doesn't count IMO).

I gotta go with AC/DC.

starclassic tama
6/7/2006, 11:46 PM
south ovaller's talking about music is about as hilarious as osu fans talking about football....

Melo
6/7/2006, 11:54 PM
south ovaller's talking about music is about as hilarious as osu fans talking about football....

Psh, who asked you? :rolleyes: ;)

Personally, I liked MoP best, but I am not a huge fan.

Edit: Speaking of which, It's not "South Ovaller's". It's "South Ovalites" or South Ovarians" or something like that.

yermom
6/7/2006, 11:56 PM

:mad:

silverwheels
6/7/2006, 11:58 PM

Hey, if you like *NSYNC then there's nothing wrong with that.

noleamite
6/8/2006, 12:26 AM
Metallica kicks ***!

http://www.corante.com/mooreslore/archives/images/beavis-butthead.jpeg

Scott D
6/8/2006, 07:33 AM
You must have my birth era confused. When I was a kid Michael Jackson was cool. Janet Jackson was still chunky. Prince wasn't the artist formerly known as, and Madonna was just turning into a material girl.

yes, but I said your parents made you listen to :D

OUDoc
6/8/2006, 08:21 AM
They're not gonna release the album... because they have decided that the cover is sexist.
Well, so what? What's wrong with bein' sexy? I mean there's no...
Sex-IST!
IST!

You put a *greased naked woman* on all fours with a dog collar around her neck, and a leash, and a man's arm extended out up to here, holding onto the leash, and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it. You don't find that offensive? You don't find that sexist?
This is *1982*, Bobbi, c'mon!
That's *right*, it's 1982! Get out of the '60s. We don't have this mentality anymore.
Well, you should have seen the cover they *wanted* to do! It wasn't a glove, believe me.

Mixer!
6/8/2006, 08:32 AM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/827/metallicanapster0ul.jpg

Scott D
6/8/2006, 04:00 PM
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/827/metallicanapster0ul.jpg

The answer is yes, the guy sitting in the middle looks like he rode the little yellow schoolbus to school while licking the windows and wearing a helmet.

Taxman71
6/8/2006, 04:15 PM
Dug this out of the box of cassettes in the garage this morning after yesterday's thread. Still rocks as hard as 1987...was that really 19 years ago?

http://www.newlog.com.ar/LPMZ/metallica_devuleta-garage.jpg

Veritas
6/8/2006, 04:20 PM
Live ****...Binge & Purge was the last great thing they did....before they began their downward spiral to becoming the very thing they detested when they formed.
Damn that Scott, taking the words right outta my mouf.

Scott D
6/8/2006, 04:22 PM
Damn that Scott, taking the words right outta my mouf.

I've been getting accused of this a lot recently...

(glaring at jkm and scuba) :D

Cam
6/8/2006, 08:37 PM
MOP, hands down.