PDA

View Full Version : You may be wondering.....

Boomhauer
6/7/2006, 07:56 AM
where I have been. Some of you are wondering who the he!! this is.

Anyway, I started Graduate classes at OU-Tulsa two weeks ago. I am apart of the cohort class in Education Administration. I go to class for two weekends and am done with one class. Not bad if you can sit on your butt ALL DAY LONG! Friday nights we go from 4-9 pm, Saturdays 9am-7pm, and Sunday 1pm-8pm. This isn't a bad way to get through school if you can handle the long days. It helps if you have good instructors as well!!!! Good news is....next July I will be done and have me a Masters Degree!!!!

Secondly, I got my student football tickets on Monday. So now I can join you hillbillies (or is it hillbilly's) on saturdays for at least 4 games. I have class on two of the dates. Can't wait to join the tailgating experience!!!

Thirdly, I have an interview with the athletic director at Cascia Hall today at 12:15. I am interviewing for the Head Baseball job there. So...wish me luck!!!!

OUT!

GDC
6/7/2006, 07:58 AM
I'm with you. These five hour summer courses wear your *** out.

OUDoc
6/7/2006, 07:58 AM
Good luck, Boomhauer.

fadada1
6/7/2006, 08:01 AM
i did a semester of PhD work in education admin (educational leadership to be specific). needless to say, i will not be called "doctor" anytime soon. education can be boring on a good day - when you don't like the course work, it can be lethal.

good luck to you.

Boomhauer
6/7/2006, 08:01 AM
I'm with you. These five hour summer courses wear your *** out.

Wether it be 5 or 9 hours....it is a lot of work. Especially since I have 5 papers due by the end of the month! I hope I can find time to coach a little baseball!

swardboy
6/7/2006, 08:02 AM
The masters will really set your career opportunities on a new level.....congrats.

fadada1
6/7/2006, 08:04 AM
The masters will really set your career opportunities on a new level.....congrats.
as well as making less money. more education = less money.

stupid masters degree;)

Boomhauer
6/7/2006, 08:05 AM
Maybe after I get my degree I can apply for this job:

Duke University. The Duke University Athletics Department welcomes applications for the position of Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach. Duke University is committed to both athletic and academic excellence. A successful candidate will share these ideals. Responsibilities include: Oversee all aspects involved in running a successful men’s lacrosse program. Provide effective leadership and instruction to assure the personal and athletic development of student athletes at Duke University. Work with Athletic Department and University Faculty and Staff to assure the success of student athletes on and off the field. Recruit student athletes to meet the academic and athletic goals of the program. Prepare budgetary recommendations and be responsible for working within the budget. Represent the University in professional, civic, charity, and alumni events as required. Comply with all NCAA, Atlantic Coast Conference, and University policies and regulations. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. Requirements: Bachelor’s degree, previous coaching experience at a high level of competition, demonstrated effective leadership, organizational and communication skills. Please send letter of interest, resume, and references to Dr. Chris Kennedy, Senior Associate Athletics Director, Duke University, Box 90555, Durham NC 27708. Deadline for application is June 23, 2006. Duke University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer

Mjcpr
6/7/2006, 08:47 AM
Boomhauer, while you were gone, I'm afraid the Cubs sucked mightily.

I though you would want to know. :(

OklahomaTuba
6/7/2006, 08:55 AM
Sweet Boom. Good luck!

walkoffsooner
6/7/2006, 09:09 AM
Mention roids at least 3 times during interview let them know you serious.

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 09:19 AM
I imagine being any baseball would hurt, much less the head baseball. Let's hope nobody knocks the cover off you.

walkoffsooner
6/7/2006, 09:24 AM
Do they use the head baseball for the first pitch?

Boomhauer
6/7/2006, 09:27 AM
And I forgot how funny some of you are on this board. Kind of reminded me of the Blue Collar Comedy Tour guys on Leno last night. Feakin hellarious!!!!

And yes...the Cubs suck BAD!!!! And I am very glad that they used their fifth round pick yesterday on the Notre Dame WR who will never see a Cub uniform! I love our GM!!!!

GDC
6/7/2006, 02:33 PM
i did a semester of PhD work in education admin (educational leadership to be specific). needless to say, i will not be called "doctor" anytime soon. education can be boring on a good day - when you don't like the course work, it can be lethal.

good luck to you.

That's what I'm doing, ILAC with an emphasis in science ed. No way I'd ever be an administrator though, they have to eat way too much ****, and they can't post on SF.com all day.

Soonrboy
6/7/2006, 03:51 PM
I went through the EACS program at OU..some of the classes started running together, it seemed like. Good luck...being an administrator kicks ***..no lesson plans, no grading papers...love it.

picasso
6/7/2006, 04:06 PM
good luck! Cascia has come a long way since their baseball field of circa '85 with no outfield fence.:D

Boomhauer
6/8/2006, 07:01 AM
I went through the EACS program at OU..some of the classes started running together, it seemed like. Good luck...being an administrator kicks ***..no lesson plans, no grading papers...love it.

It is really not that bad. I just have to get used to writing papers. I got one done two days ago. I think that if I just concentrate on one a day....I will be fine.

Boomhauer
6/8/2006, 07:03 AM
good luck! Cascia has come a long way since their baseball field of circa '85 with no outfield fence.:D

The interview went great yesterday!!!! They told me that they wanted to bring the baseball program up to the level of the football and basketball program. Plus I would have me a nice little raise! I should hear from them early next week to go into the chambers with the education people for their interview.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/8/2006, 07:16 AM
Best of luck.

By the way, who knew all the drama started in t-ball?

Boomhauer
6/8/2006, 07:32 AM
Best of luck.

By the way, who knew all the drama started in t-ball?

There aren't any parents screaming and yelling at each other at that level, are there? :texan: