PDA

View Full Version : I saved a dogs life

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 10:37 PM
Anyone want a "yorkie "
Idiots wanted me to shoot it , I said Ill Find it a home , hes been cut , a cute lil dog Just gave him a bath . He tried to fight me but I was bigger than him ;)

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 10:38 PM
Oh and hes House broke
Barks wanting Out, Barks wanting in :)

yermom
6/6/2006, 10:42 PM
maybe that's what it means... i don't think Yorkies stop barking

scaldeddawg
6/6/2006, 10:47 PM
Anyone want a "yorkie "
Idiots wanted me to shoot it , I said Ill Find it a home , hes been cut , a cute lil dog Just gave him a bath . He tried to fight me but I was bigger than him ;)

I'll never understand people who want to just shoot/kill/put down dogs/cats/etc that are perfectly healthy. Grrrr.........

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 10:49 PM
maybe that's what it means... i don't think Yorkies stop barking
Ive had the lil bastage 28 hrs ;) hes only barked wanting Out , then yells like a Mofo wanting back in ;)

OUinFLA
6/6/2006, 10:51 PM
that's longer than one of your marrages.
didnt she bark too?

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 10:52 PM
I'll never understand people who want to just shoot/kill/put down dogs/cats/etc that are perfectly healthy. Grrrr.........
They said he Bit thier Kid . I saw NO marks on the kid .
My best guess is the kid (3 yr old ) was messing in the lil guys face and the Mutt snapped at him .
So come on some one take him . PLEASE .:)

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 10:54 PM
that's longer than one of your marrages.
didnt she bark too?
She still chases cars .:D

BajaOklahoma
6/6/2006, 11:08 PM
You are a good man.
What about a Yorkie rescue?
Just don't mention the biting.....

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 11:13 PM
I dont think the lil guy bit anything . When I washed his nasty azz he didnt snap at me . just sat there and till I was done . Now he likes me :D

nmsoonergirl
6/6/2006, 11:19 PM
I can't take the dog, but you are really cool for saving it. I'll ask my Oklahoma peeps if any of them are interested.

olevetonahill
6/6/2006, 11:36 PM
I can't take the dog, but you are really cool for saving it. I'll ask my Oklahoma peeps if any of them are interested.
Cool . Yall help me find it a home :)
A chick I know just called me . I mentioned the lil guy , she said she would take it . I wont trust that crazy beyounce with ME . :eek: I sure as hell aint gonna let her have the lil guy :cool:

6/7/2006, 04:48 AM
When someone gives me a bath, I usually like them.

Jerk
6/7/2006, 04:56 AM
They got this dog as a pet for their 3 year old? sheeesh...

They should of got a lab or german shepherd....too big for the kid to hurt, and those dogs have a reputation as being gentle with kids (when the pup is raised by a loving family)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/7/2006, 06:51 AM
Is this your dog, olevet? How old is he?

MamaMia
6/7/2006, 06:53 AM
How old is he? Is he playful? How much does he weigh. Has he had all his shots?

I may know a couple of little girls whos mommy might let them have him.

scaldeddawg
6/7/2006, 07:50 AM
Terriers aren't good with little kids (especially Jack Russells). They don't like it when kids hug on them and pull their ears, and sometimes snap. Big Golden Retrievers could care less about getting hugged/punched/pulled.

C&CDean
6/7/2006, 07:52 AM
Meh.

achiro
6/7/2006, 08:11 AM
Terriers aren't good with little kids (especially Jack Russells). They don't like it when kids hug on them and pull their ears, and sometimes snap. Big Golden Retrievers could care less about getting hugged/punched/pulled.
I read a while back that goldens were near or at the top of the list when it came to breeds that bite people.
I don't care what kind of dog you have or how good they are with kids. You should be very careful letting a kid mess with a dog. You never know what may happen if the kid does just the wrong thing.

C&CDean
6/7/2006, 08:14 AM
I read a while back that goldens were near or at the top of the list when it came to breeds that bite people.
I don't care what kind of dog you have or how good they are with kids. You should be very careful letting a kid mess with a dog. You never know what may happen if the kid does just the wrong thing.

wurd. up.

Dogs are still animals. And instinct will always override common sense and training. I've seen some very well-trained male dogs lose it when there's a bitch in heat around. You know, kinda like human animals do.

OUinFLA
6/7/2006, 08:52 AM
bitch in heat?
I do wish you guys would quit talking so much about my ex-wife.

walkoffsooner
6/7/2006, 08:58 AM
Anyone want a "yorkie "

No good deed goes unpunished.:) Glad you didn't cap his ***

Mongo
6/7/2006, 09:18 AM

I have a Jack Russell that is very territorial, but loves me and my wife. We are going to have a baby boy in November and I am worried that Roscoe(the Jack) will turn on the baby. Any possible takers for this dog?

BeetDigger
6/7/2006, 09:36 AM
I sure wish it had been my neighbors who had given you the dog. Actually, two of them. It will not surprise me if they do something very similar as they are terrible pet owners. I have come to find out that the dogs are outside so much because they aren't trained. The owners are too stupid and lazy to train the dogs. So, it is outside or in the porter when they are inside. They open the door, the dogs walk in and go right to the porter where they are promptly locked in.

Olevet- sounds like you actually got a good dog. I would be interested if I weren't so afraid of the dog chasing the cats and the resulting damage to the house. That and the fact that I hate cleaning up dog crap. The funny thing is, I have dog crap on my lawn from time to time and I DON"T OWN A DOG.

slickdawg
6/7/2006, 09:57 AM
I have a Jack Russell that is very territorial, but loves me and my wife. We are going to have a baby boy in November and I am worried that Roscoe(the Jack) will turn on the baby. Any possible takers for this dog?

You might be surprised how well your Jack does with the baby.
Ours did great when Slickdaughter was born.

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 10:10 AM
My stepdad has a yorkie and it's really a pretty good little dog. It doesn't bark that much and hasn't ever bitten the boy. Of course, it's not as good with the boy as my Boston Terrier, but it's still good.

That being said, I don't want another dog right now.

NormanPride
6/7/2006, 10:17 AM
I won't get a dog until I get a house. A dog without a yard is just a friendly cat, and I already have one of those.

Norm In Norman
6/7/2006, 10:21 AM
Um, it's a yorkie. It doesn't want to go outside unless it has to.

NormanPride
6/7/2006, 10:36 AM
Um, it's a yorkie. It doesn't want to go outside unless it has to.

See, then it's just a cat that won't shut up. What's the point? I don't want little furry things chasing me around all the time. I want little furry things to sit there and look cute. Then I want big furry things to try and tackle me. That's how it works.

SoonerInKCMO
6/7/2006, 10:45 AM
Then I want big furry things to try and tackle me.

Kinky!

Flagstaffsooner
6/7/2006, 10:47 AM
bitch in heat?
I do wish you guys would quit talking so much about my ex-wife.YMSSRA:D

Condescending Sooner
6/7/2006, 10:47 AM
Yorkies are VERY smart dogs and make good pets. If I had any room and didn't have a new baby on the way, I would take him in a heartbeat. They are great pets for older people. My mother had one.

yermom
6/7/2006, 10:55 AM
i like Yorkies as well :O

we had a Yorkie/Pomeranian mix when i was a kid, but it basically looked like a Yorkie with the Pomeranian's coloring

great little dog, very friendly, a little too friendly. we think she got in some strange person's car and they took her :eek:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/7/2006, 10:55 AM
I have a Jack Russell that is very territorial, but loves me and my wife. We are going to have a baby boy in November and I am worried that Roscoe(the Jack) will turn on the baby. Any possible takers for this dog?Before the baby comes home from the hospital, let the dog smell a blanket the baby's scent is on. You might be surprised at how protective the dog gets of the baby too. My brother's dog would growl if you got too close to the door with the baby.

olevetonahill
6/7/2006, 12:53 PM
Hes been cut , He goes O/S does his bidness and comes back in . No messes so far . He hears a noise and he barks once . Right now hes asleep on the couch . They said he bit their son , But like I said I didn't see any marks on the kid . I think the kid was aggravating the dog and the lil guy got ****ed and snapped at him and scared the stuff out of the kid :)
Mongo If your worried about your Jack Russell , Id be Leary of this one to . your call tho .

NormanPride
6/7/2006, 01:03 PM
Life lesson for kid: Don't mess with animals.

Scott D
6/7/2006, 02:27 PM
Then I want big furry things to try and tackle me.

does badger know about this obsession with being tackled by 4Life and yermom?

scaldeddawg
6/7/2006, 08:48 PM

I've got 2 Jack Russells (crazy), and they are the same. Very protective. But like SlickDawg sed, he might surprise you with the baby. I couldn't part with the little guys, but there is a place called http://www.russellrescue.com/

My little Lucy girl:

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/7092/att000545xg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mongo
6/14/2006, 12:07 AM
I met olevet halfway to pick up the pooch. He is a very friendly boy(the dog, not olevet). We left the Love's to head back to the city. The dog kept checking me out and my truck. He was looking out the window, sniffing me, getting right in front of the A/C vent. Then he layed down for a nap in my backseat. I would look back every now and then just to see what he was doing. About fifteen minutes later I began to smell something. "I didnt fart, did I?", crossed my mind. Then I see an unholy mess perched on my backseat. This was not your normal brown dog logs, this was an alien green pile of dog sh!t! I gagged as I hauled *** down I-40 to the nearest exit. The damn dog pinched a loaf in my truck.

Flagstaffsooner
6/14/2006, 12:12 AM
Then I see an unholy mess perched on my backseat. This was not your normal brown dog logs, this was an alien green pile of dog sh!t! I gagged as I hauled *** down I-40 to the nearest exit. The damn dog pinched a loaf in my truck.He learned that from Olevet.

olevetonahill
6/14/2006, 06:40 AM
Guess we should have let him roam around a bit befor you took off huh ?
I made sure he had gone out befor I left here with him, and didnt feed him just for that reason
Other than that how did your trip back go ?
Did you toss the dog with the crap ?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/14/2006, 07:00 AM
OMG, that's funny. . .just because it didn't happen to me. :)

What are you naming him? Stinker?

6/14/2006, 07:02 AM
I knew that "Goodbye, Scrappy" chocolate cake was a bad idea.