PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact? about the first day of June.

OUinFLA
6/6/2006, 09:51 AM
I was reading in a fishing magazine last night and came upon an interesting statement.

"Whatever day of the week that the 1st of June falls on, it will be the only month of the year that will start on that day".

i.e. this year the 1st of June fell on Thursday. There are no other months in 06 that start on Thursday.

I only checked out 06 to verify this, and couldnt find a reference to this "fact" on Google. Seems odd that in my long life I have never heard this useless tidbit of knowledge.

Any one have a way to verify this?

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:57 AM
I was reading in a fishing magazine last night and came upon an interesting statement.

"Whatever day of the week that the 1st of June falls on, it will be the only month of the year that will start on that day".

i.e. this year the 1st of June fell on Thursday. There are no other months in 06 that start on Thursday.

I only checked out 06 to verify this, and couldnt find a reference to this "fact" on Google. Seems odd that in my long life I have never heard this useless tidbit of knowledge.

Any one have a way to verify this?
You know how you verified it for this year don't you? Do that for all years prior to and following this year. YWIA! :D