PDA

View Full Version : The king is dead...

crawfish
6/6/2006, 08:50 AM
My 1993 Camry finally hit a point it needed to be replaced. So...

Long live the king!

http://nielloinfiniti.com/images/Edmunds/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/InfinitiCompliantPhotos/06.Infiniti.G35.Sedan.r3-4.studio-E.jpg

280HP of driving goodness. :D

Howzit
6/6/2006, 08:53 AM
Cool. You can buy lunch, moneybags.

crawfish
6/6/2006, 08:58 AM
Cool. You can buy lunch, moneybags.

Or...I COULD have bought lunch. ;)

It'll look awful pretty sitting in our garage with an empty tank. :D

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 08:58 AM
The Lexus IS 350 has over 300HP so neyahhh.

Did you look at the Lexus and Acura and BMW? Those seem to be the big four in that class. Nothing like new car smell.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 08:59 AM
Were they out of man cars?

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 09:01 AM
While I wholeheartedly endorse your choice of automobile (you're so much smarter than the BMW/Mercedes/Audi crowd), I have to guffaw when I see people who buy these kinds of cars and then brag about the horsepower. Horsepower doesn't mean **** unless it's coming from a minimum of 283 cubic inches of V-8 American steel and iron.

Again, good choice.

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:01 AM
The Lexus IS 350 has over 300HP so neyahhh.

Did you look at the Lexus and Acura and BMW? Those seem to be the big four in that class. Nothing like new car smell.

Yeah, but do they cost sub-30K?

I looked at Acura but wasn't impressed. We actually looked more at the top-of-the-line cars in the Camry class - the Accord, Altima, etc. Didn't like those too much, but the 2007 V6 Camry is a heckofa car and we almost bought it. Until we drove the G35, anyway, which blew it out of the water.

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:03 AM
While I wholeheartedly endorse your choice of automobile (you're so much smarter than the BMW/Mercedes/Audi crowd), I have to guffaw when I see people who buy these kinds of cars and then brag about the horsepower. Horsepower doesn't mean **** unless it's coming from a minimum of 283 cubic inches of V-8 American steel and iron.

Again, good choice.

You haven't been driving a 130HP Camry for 12 years, either.

Shuddup and let me be a bit giddy in my midlife crisis. I have to haul the kids around in it sometimes...

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:04 AM
Were they out of man cars?

The Fit is Go.

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 09:09 AM
You haven't been driving a 130HP Camry for 12 years, either.

Shuddup and let me be a bit giddy in my midlife crisis. I have to haul the kids around in it sometimes...

Just the fact that you actually know the HP rating of a Camry makes me sad. Not in my pants though.

I blame Nicholas Cage in that POS movie where he drives those little Jap buzzbombs for all the rage with HP in cars with less than a V-8. It's spawned a whole sub-culture of stupid looking people driving Hondas with a window full of stickers, lowered, bling wheels, with some wannabe with his hat on sideways and a big hubcap around his neck on a chain driving a POS that ain't even worth the wheels and tires he put on it that sounds like my mom's old Singer sewing machine.

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 09:09 AM

I looked at Acura but wasn't impressed. We actually looked more at the top-of-the-line cars in the Camry class - the Accord, Altima, etc. Didn't like those too much, but the 2007 V6 Camry is a heckofa car and we almost bought it. Until we drove the G35, anyway, which blew it out of the water.

It's been years since I looked at new cars and I have not had a subscription to Car and Driver for years so I don't know the prices of cars. If the Infinity was that much less than the other's then you did well. I was just curious if you looked at the others.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 09:10 AM
The Fit is Go.

I have no idea what that means.

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:12 AM
I have no idea what that means.

Neither do I.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Fit

Howzit
6/6/2006, 09:13 AM

Heh. I looked at pretty much the same cars a couple of years ago, with the new Maxima included. It came down to the G35 and the Acura TL, and I just liked the Acura a little more.

Did you buy new? Does it have the high performance tires? I had a real learning experience with the ones that came on the Acura. :mad:

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:14 AM
My 1993 Camry finally hit a point it needed to be replaced. So...

Long live the queen!

http://nielloinfiniti.com/images/Edmunds/VEHICLE/2006/Infiniti/InfinitiCompliantPhotos/06.Infiniti.G35.Sedan.r3-4.studio-E.jpg

280HP of driving goodness. :D
Fixed it for ya. YWIA!

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:19 AM
Heh. I looked at pretty much the same cars a couple of years ago, with the new Maxima included. It came down to the G35 and the Acura TL, and I just liked the Acura a little more.

Did you buy new? Does it have the high performance tires? I had a real learning experience with the ones that came on the Acura. :mad:

Well, you are a senior citizen, after all. :D

Yes, I bought new. A co-worker has one and recommended it to me...he hasn't complained about the tires, though, and those didn't come up in any review.

SoonerInKCMO
6/6/2006, 09:20 AM
I blame Nicholas Cage in that POS movie where he drives those little Jap buzzbombs for all the rage with HP in cars with less than a V-8. It jumped on the bandwagon (about five years late) of a whole sub-culture of stupid looking people driving Hondas with a window full of stickers, lowered, bling wheels, with some wannabe with his hat on sideways and a big hubcap around his neck on a chain driving a POS that ain't even worth the wheels and tires he put on it that sounds like my mom's old Singer sewing machine.

Fixed it for ya.

Country folk. :rolleyes:

;)

yermom
6/6/2006, 09:21 AM
Just the fact that you actually know the HP rating of a Camry makes me sad. Not in my pants though.

I blame Nicholas Cage in that POS movie where he drives those little Jap buzzbombs for all the rage with HP in cars with less than a V-8. It's spawned a whole sub-culture of stupid looking people driving Hondas with a window full of stickers, lowered, bling wheels, with some wannabe with his hat on sideways and a big hubcap around his neck on a chain driving a POS that ain't even worth the wheels and tires he put on it that sounds like my mom's old Singer sewing machine.

i think you are mixing movies ;)

the riced up cars were more of the cause for the Fast and the Furious movies than an effect from them

why does it matter how big the engine is if the car and engine are hundreds of pounds lighter? (if not more)

the more important numbers are 1/4 mile and 0-60 times (you probably don't want to talk about skidpad and slalom numbers)

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 09:23 AM

the riced up cars were more of the cause for the Fast and the Furious movies than an effect from them

why does it matter how big the engine is if the car and engine are hundreds of pounds lighter? (if not more)

the more important numbers are 1/4 mile and 0-60 times (you probably don't want to talk about skidpad and slalom numbers)

Skidpad and slalom? Dude, you know I'm straight. And this is a family board. Keep that filth outta here.

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:24 AM

I thought the more important numbers were the number of airbags (front and side) and the 5 star crash test ratings. ;)

Howzit
6/6/2006, 09:25 AM
Well, you are a senior citizen, after all. :D

Yes, I bought new. A co-worker has one and recommended it to me...he hasn't complained about the tires, though, and those didn't come up in any review.

Boarder can tell you all the specifics, but it's worth checking out. The Acura comes with a z-rated high performance tire. The rubber is very soft on these tires to maximize road contact, and they wear out in a hurry. You can extend the life by over-rotating, but they just don't last like what I was used to.

When I googled the tire and Acura, I found all kinds of bad owner reviews. It may not be the case with the Infiniti.

yermom
6/6/2006, 09:25 AM
I thought the more important numbers were the number of airbags (front and side) and the 5 star crash test ratings. ;)

hey, my numbers in that department aren't bad either :P

yermom
6/6/2006, 09:27 AM
Boarder can tell you all the specifics, but it's worth checking out. The Acura comes with a z-rated high performance tire. The rubber is very soft on these tires to maximize road contact, and they wear out in a hurry. You can extend the life by over-rotating, but they just don't last like what I was used to.

When I googled the tire and Acura, I found all kinds of bad owner reviews. It may not be the case with the Infiniti.

heh, mine were summer performance tires

they turn into bricks when it's cold

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:28 AM
Yung un's. :rolleyes:

When I was 20, I bought this:

http://modernmuscle.net/MyGarage/MyGarage2004/kims84ta/84red.jpg

Yes, dean, 350HP of very American steel goodness. Had to trade it in on a Honda Accord after the first kid was born.

I'm finally getting something with some power, for the first time in 16 years.

But it's still gotta haul the wife and three kids around.

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 09:47 AM
Yung un's. :rolleyes:

When I was 20, I bought this:

http://modernmuscle.net/MyGarage/MyGarage2004/kims84ta/84red.jpg

Yes, dean, 350HP of very American steel goodness. Had to trade it in on a Honda Accord after the first kid was born.

I'm finally getting something with some power, for the first time in 16 years.

But it's still gotta haul the wife and three kids around.

Your wife drives a mini van or a SUV doesn't she?

49r
6/6/2006, 09:53 AM
The most important numbers are the number of chicks you can bang in one...

...does Acura list that number anywhere in their brochures?

Howzit
6/6/2006, 10:09 AM

No, but so far I'm holding steady at zero.

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 10:11 AM
No, but so far I'm holding steady at zero.

In your case, you can count dudes.

Boarder
6/6/2006, 10:13 AM
:les: CAMRY!

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 10:14 AM

And elves.

Mjcpr
:les: CAMRY!

Idiot.

The '07 Camry is ugly as hell.

:D

crawfish

Nobody's eating ANYTHING in my car. :mad:

Howzit
6/6/2006, 10:20 AM

Wanna go for a ride?

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 10:20 AM
Wanna go for a ride?

Do you have a pony?

Howzit
6/6/2006, 10:22 AM
Do you have a pony-sized?

Trig. Ger.

crawfish
6/6/2006, 10:39 AM
Thread-gayer-uppers. :mad:

yermom
6/6/2006, 10:42 AM
you know... the G35 basically has the same motor as the 350Z...

49r
6/6/2006, 10:55 AM
Sorry, I forgot to put this:

:texan:

in my last post in this thread...

GottaHavePride
6/6/2006, 11:11 AM
you know... the G35 basically has the same motor as the 350Z...

HEh. The couple of times I've been in a 350Z I was seriously impressed with those cars.

Mjcpr
6/9/2006, 09:36 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/103069.jpg

crawfish
6/9/2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/103069.jpg

It's probably too late to trade this thing in now, dangit. :D