PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage is not a disease

Hatfield
6/6/2006, 08:42 AM
jesus christ, just because someone is an impatient arrogant driver does not mean one is afflicted by any disease. What the hell is going on in this country with such appeasement dripping down from the highest levels. We need to quit accepting/tolerating unacceptable behavior through the guise of "disease" and assist others in learning that there are consequences for such inappropriate behavior.

Instead we choose to endorse the idiotic behavior and explain it away in a manner that isn't the perpetrator's fault, they have no control over how they act...it must be a disease.

We are turning into a nation of a bunch of old women.

:mad:

sorry for the rant but i can't believe the "news" actually is trying to sell this crap to us.

IronSooner
6/6/2006, 08:44 AM
Yep, I heard that this morning and that pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. All this "it's not my fault" BS pi$$ses me off.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/6/2006, 08:45 AM
you can thank psychologists and psychiatrists for this...

crawfish
6/6/2006, 08:46 AM
SF.com addiction is also a disease.

...and the only prescription is....

Hatfield
6/6/2006, 08:48 AM
I've got a fever...its 103.....

Pricetag
6/6/2006, 08:50 AM
There will be a commercial any day now telling us to ask our doctor about the newest drug to combat this dread disease.

slickdawg
6/6/2006, 08:51 AM
Nobody can or will accept personal responsibility.

So the excuse factory covers for them.

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 08:53 AM
I heard this last night as well. Just like saying the 300 pound guy that eats fast food every day has a "disease". The poor guy eats nothing but junk food and got fat and had 3 heart attacks by the time he was 30 all because he has a disease called obesity. :rolleyes:

This is why America has gone to hell. We p*ssify everything so that nobody has to take any blame or be at fault. He can't help that he shot that woman that cut him off in traffic, he has road rage disease...Give me a break. Tell me this, if it's a disease, why wasn't it around 20 years ago? Why didn't people in the 70s and 80s have this road rage disease? They had to deal with idiotic drivers too...

Mjcpr
6/6/2006, 08:54 AM
SF.com addiction is also a disease.

...and the only prescription is....

More cowbell?

Sooner in Tampa
6/6/2006, 08:55 AM

So the excuse factory covers for them.EXACTLY!!! Everything is SOMEONE elses fault.:mad:

If your an a$$hole...just fess up and admit it. I do.

Hamhock
6/6/2006, 08:58 AM
There will be a commercial any day now telling us to ask our doctor about the newest drug to combat this dread disease.

And in 5 years, there will be more commercials for trial lawyers to sue the drug maker for side affects.

Howzit
6/6/2006, 08:59 AM

So the excuse factory covers for them.

Last week in Stockton, CA a policeman shot and killed a driver that had already robbed 4 different locations at gunpoint, run over the polieceman, and broken his leg.

A woman accomplice that was in the car was on TV going on and on saying, "well sure he robbed 4 stores, and sure he ran over the cop, and sure he broke the cops leg, and sure he was trying to get away, BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOT HIM!"

IronSooner
6/6/2006, 09:02 AM
Last week in Stockton, CA a policeman shot and killed a driver that had already robbed 4 different locations at gunpoint, run over the polieceman, and broken his leg.

A woman accomplice that was in the car was on TV going on and on saying, "well sure he robbed 4 stores, and sure he ran over the cop, and sure he broke the cops leg, and sure he was trying to get away, BUT HE DIDN'T HAVE TO SHOOT HIM!"

Haha. Back to parenting, part of a parent's job is to teach their kids the sorts of things that will tend to get you shot. And then it's the kid's responsibility to avoid doing things that get you shot. Somebody didn't do their job there. And it wasn't the cop.

C&CDean
6/6/2006, 09:04 AM
You know, I'd probably think twice about using the Lord's name in vain on 6-6-06. I'm just sayin'......

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:09 AM
Haha. Back to parenting, part of a parent's job is to teach their kids the sorts of things that will tend to get you shot. And then it's the kid's responsibility to avoid doing things that get you shot. Somebody didn't do their job there. And it wasn't the cop.
But there's nothing parents can do about the Road Rage Disease...It is an uncurable disease that many drivers suffer from now.

Oh wait, the parents ARE the cure for this disease. Raise your kids right and you don't have to worry about them shooting someone for not using their turn signal...

crawfish
6/6/2006, 09:11 AM
More cowbell?

and here I thought people would APPRECIATE a good setup. :rolleyes:

Hatfield
6/6/2006, 09:12 AM
You know, I'd probably think twice about using the Lord's name in vain on 6-6-06. I'm just sayin'......

actually i was talking to JC, all you other yahoos are just chiming in ;)

Osce0la
6/6/2006, 09:16 AM
actually i was talking to JC, all you other yahoos are just chiming in ;)
Jesus posts on the SO? :confused:

What is his name on here? I bet he has an awesome avatar.

Sooner in Tampa
6/6/2006, 09:24 AM
Jesus posts on the SO? :confused:

What is his name on here? I bet he has an awesome avatar.You didn't know...it's "imjebus" :eddie:

Hatfield
6/6/2006, 09:24 AM
haven't seen him post since easter....something about being upset about no more animated avatars....

GottaHavePride
6/6/2006, 10:40 AM
Animated or re-animated? ;)

Hatfield
6/6/2006, 10:46 AM
really just another example of bs....

have road rage declared a disease.

then the drug manufactureres get to come up with a medicine to sell you so you can be cured.

mojo
6/6/2006, 11:32 AM
Thats the whole point in declaring it a disease. They sell someone medicine for road rage but of course it has side effects like headaches, anal leakage or scrotum shrinkage which means you need more medicine for one or all three of the side effects. Just a never ending cycle of bs.