PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for customer gifts... Please help!

tbl
6/6/2006, 08:03 AM
We've put together a list of our top customers and we're going to be getting them "thank you" gifts for their business. Obviously you can't have 1 gift to cover everybody, but I figured we could narrow it down to around 3 categories. Can you guys help me out and let me know something that you would like to get from a company that you would actually use and be appreciative of? We're looking at the $40-100 range

Here's the categories I had in mind:

Golf stuff

Outdoor stuff

Ladies stuff (I'm clueless on this one)

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 08:10 AM
Ladies stuff: Gift certificates for day spa services. I like the Nordstrom day spa a lot if you are close to one.

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 08:11 AM
I like Barnes and Noble gift cards a lot too. We give those out to client where I work.

Czar Soonerov
6/6/2006, 08:12 AM
I like Barnes and Noble gift cards a lot too. We give those out to client where I work.

Does client like Barnes and Noble?

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 08:14 AM
Czar must no like nookie with wife.

critical_phil
6/6/2006, 08:15 AM
Czar must no like nookie with wife.

Does client like it?

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 08:18 AM
Surely you guys can find something better that this poor guy's thread to jack.

LilSooner
6/6/2006, 08:18 AM
Just take them to strip clubs thats what we do.

slickdawg
6/6/2006, 08:22 AM
Everyone can use condoms.

tbl
6/6/2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry, but I'm not a heathen anymore... I leave that stuff to the competition that I always take business from.

VK: Is the spa too personal for a professional relationship? I was hoping for something other than a gift certificate to a place, but that may have to be the route we go for you picky ladies.

White House Boy
6/6/2006, 02:44 PM
Get 'em a watch... preferrably one without the color orange:

http://www.fossil.com/jump.jsp?itemID=2356&itemType=CATEGORY&PSID=GOOSRCHKEYB092705WA0500003&psid=GOOSRCHKEYB111505WA0500009&gclid=COyKjKq3soUCFTpHFQodiiHm5w

Tailwind
6/6/2006, 02:45 PM
Just send them a nice card that says "A contribution has been made in your name to the Save Tailwind Fund". :D

Scott D
6/6/2006, 02:47 PM
Sorry, but I'm not a heathen anymore... I leave that stuff to the competition that I always take business from.

VK: Is the spa too personal for a professional relationship? I was hoping for something other than a gift certificate to a place, but that may have to be the route we go for you picky ladies.

it's for chicks suggested by a chick :P

pay attention man! :D

tbl
6/6/2006, 02:48 PM
Watch is a good idea... but you gotta be careful with women and jewelry. That's a solid contribution!

How about a gift made to the Human Fund? You know, where we help people...

Tailwind
6/6/2006, 02:50 PM
Tailwind is a human people.

tbl
6/6/2006, 02:50 PM
it's for chicks suggested by a chick :P

pay attention man! :D
Herein lies on of the biggest problems my wife has with me. A woman told me point blank and I didn't listen... :eddie:

tbl
6/6/2006, 02:51 PM
Human Fund = Seinfeld

How can tailwind be human people if I experience it on an hourly basis? ;)

Tailwind
6/6/2006, 02:51 PM
This Tailwind, not your tailwinds. :D

skycat
6/6/2006, 02:54 PM
My wife always gets clients gift certificates to restaurants.

From personal experience I can tell you that buying a woman a day spa treatment can run you considerably more than what you have budgeted.

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 02:54 PM

Well, if it says "The holder of this certificate is entitled to one complimentary Brazilian bikini wax" then that's probably too personal. But if it's just a generic gift certificate that they can use on any spa service they choose, then I think you're good. I would be very happy to receive that from anyone.

Gift cards are just always the way to go when giving to somebody you don't know very well. Yes. Chicks are picky.

achiro
6/6/2006, 02:57 PM
Don't be cheap, get them an iPod!

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 02:57 PM
My wife always gets clients gift certificates to restaurants.

From personal experience I can tell you that buying a woman a day spa treatment can run you considerably more than what you have budgeted.

$40 - $100 should get the user at least one decent spa treatment, unless you are at some ridiculously swanky spa. A Nordstrom pedicure, for example, runs about $50. And it's worth every stinkin' penny.

NormanPride
6/6/2006, 02:58 PM
You should get them a Happy Ending.

From Friendly's (http://www.friendlys.com/menu/dessert/dessert.php#create).

Tailwind
6/6/2006, 03:00 PM
I'm not picky....I'll take 10's, 20's, even 50's.

walkoffsooner
6/6/2006, 03:02 PM
Something everyone needs very few buy.Nice first aid kit. But thats my job I see it often.Looks stupid till you need it.

Viking Kitten
6/6/2006, 03:07 PM
Something everyone needs very few buy.Nice first aid kit. But thats my job I see it often.Looks stupid till you need it.

Well hell. If we're going for needs-based gifts, buy the bitch a pair of kitchen scissors or a box of tampons or something.

Sorry. Having a Dean moment. Carry on.

;)

walkoffsooner
6/6/2006, 03:16 PM
Well hell. If we're going for needs-based gifts, buy the bitch a pair of kitchen scissors or a box of tampons or something.

Sorry. Having a Dean moment. Carry on.

;)
I think you may be right a massage is better.:)

BeetDigger
6/6/2006, 03:29 PM
A gift certificate to dinner is always good and a unisex, one size fits all gift.

I really liked the Brazilian Bikini Wax idea but that does seem a little too personal. Although if you do go this direction, make sure that you ask for before and after pics.

tbl
6/6/2006, 04:39 PM
Ipod is a good idea... Thanks for the input!